Latter Rain NAR – Has it Poured into Your Church?
What are the tell tale signs to know if your church is following Latter Rain / NAR / Manifest Sons of God teaching:
Here from Latter-Rain.com is an explanation of what Latter Rain teaching is. Sounds very Christian, sounds even biblical, but it is far from it.
“The Latter Rain is God’s great end-time ministry. The Latter Rain is the Restoration of the Church and the Harvest of souls, the gathering together of His people to be God’s Kingdom on earth. The Latter Rain is the promise given to us in the last days for the outpouring of the Holy Ghost. The Latter Rain blesses each of us with times of refreshing, it is for you and all who love peace to enter into now.
The foundation of the Latter Rain Page is firm in the pursuit of truth, justice and mercy. Deliverance to the captive church from the traditional legalism and quenching of the Spirit is through pointing you to the love of God through Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit.
The Lord has given Christians the grace to reconcile the children to their Fathers As One Body
* We prepare for the Marriage Supper of the LambLatter-Rain.com
* Harvest the Fruit of the Latter Rain
* Follow Him as the Army of the Lord into His Glory”
The shortened version: Latter Rain / Manifest Sons of God (MSoG is the more extreme version of Latter Rain) is a doctrine that the Assemblies of God (AOG) rejected in 1949/50. They rejected it because it went AGAINST orthodox/normal Christian teaching.
This teaching was made very popular via the following person: William Branham (1909-1965) who held massive revivals in 1947. He even came to South Africa. Before that F.F. Bosworth (1877-1958) held big tent revivals during the 1920’s. Bosworth and Branham met and become good friends as both men followed in the teachings of E.W. Kenyon (1867-1948).
E.W. Kenyon took Metaphysical occult teaching (New Thought – Phineus Quimby) and mixed it with Christian teaching…
Metaphysical definition: 1
Philosophy to understand the fundamental nature of all reality; seen and unseen realms. Believing in, studying the supernatural (metaphysical).
Ontology: The study of Being and existence; includes the definition and classification of entities, physical or mental, the nature of their properties, and the nature of change.
Natural Theology: The study of a God or Gods; involves many topics, including among others the nature of religion and the world, existence of the divine, questions about Creation, and the numerous religious or spiritual issues that concern humankind in general.
Universal science: The study of first principles, which Aristotle believed to be the foundation of all other enquiries. An example of such a principle is the law of no contradiction and the status it holds in non-para-consistent logics.
Metaphysics = mysticism and occultism
- International Church of the FourSquare Gospel (Aimee Semple McPherson 1890-1944).
- New Thought (Phineus Quimby 1802-1866).
- Higher Life movement / Christian Holiness movement / Keswick movement (William Boardman 1810-1886).
- Christian Science (Mary Baker Eddy 1821-1910).
- Unity School of Christianity / Unity Church / Unity (Charles Fillmore 1854-1948, Myrtle Fillmore 1845 1931).
- Mind Science / Science of Mind (Ernest Holmes 1887-1960).
- Theosophy (Helena Petrovna Blavatsky 1831-1891).
Kenneth Hagin (1917-2003) did very well to adopt E.W. Kenyon’s teachings too, so well that he has been accused of plagiarising many of E.W. Kenyon’s work as his own. Kenneth Hagin later became known as the father or granddaddy of the Word of Faith movement, of which many of his followers refer to him as Dad Hagin or Papa Hagin.
William Branham however was so popular (healing, miracles, signs and wonders) that he is regarded by all popular Word of Faith preachers and those in the Apostolic Reformation as a great man of God.
So Kenyon mixed it – Bosworth revived it – Branham popularised it
Hagin stole it and renamed it ‘Word Faith’
A few Word of Faith / Latter Rain / NAR / Apostolic teachers: Oral Roberts (Oral Roberts University), Pat Robertson, Kenneth Hagin (Rhema.org), Kenneth Copeland, Marilyn Hickey, Kathryn Kuhlman, Todd Bentley, Benny Hinn, Rick Joyner, Rodney Howard-Browne (The River Church), Earl Paulk, Peter Popoff, Fred Price, Morris Cerullo, Patricia King (Extreme Prophetic), Paul Cain, Charles Capp, Joyce Meyer, Paul Keith Davis, Joel Osteen, Paul Yonggi Cho, Randy Clark, John Kilpatrick, Jack Coe, Mike Bickle (IHOP) and Ray McCauley (Rhema Church- South Africa- Rhema Bible School established by Kenneth Hagin), Jack Deere, Creflo Dollar, Paul and Jan Crouch (TBN), A.A. Allen, John Arnott, John Avanzini, Wendy and Rory Alex (God TV), John Scotland, Robert Tilton, John Wimber, Cindy Jacobs, Bob Jones, Kim Clement, Angus Buchan (Faith like Potatoes), Theo and Beverley Wolmarans (Christian Family Church- South Africa), Kobus van Rensburg, At Boshoff (Christian Revival Church – CRC ), et al.
Today, Word of Faith / Latter Rain / NAR teaching has grown and grown, bigger and bigger, taking over the church completely. 80% or more of the books in your local Christian bookstore are Word of Faith / Latter Rain / NAR. The other 19.9% are New Age / Mysticism / Emergent / Unity, where all faiths lead to one god in a one world religion.
And don’t be fooled, the Baptists have been infiltrated too. Louie Giglio who promotes himself heavily as a Baptist/Calvinist teaches a message that smacks Emergent teaching, as he relentlessly focuses on the youth as he pushes for a “Radical Generation”.
Everything you thought was Christian is no longer Christian.
In fact you can just add the above movements and their percentages together for Word of Faith (WoF), Latter Rainer (LR and MSoG), the New Apostolic Reformation (NAR), and the Emergent’s (EC) are all leading in the SAME direction. They just use different terminology and different ways to explain things but the end game is the same: everything is god, you are a god.
This is one of the apostasies Jesus Christ spoke of that would totally invade the world:
- A new faith to replace the old faith.
- A new Christian to replace the old Christian.
- A new way of doing things that HAS already REPLACED the Biblical way of doings things.
- The Bible matters no more, in a New Age we become the gospel.
HAS LATTER RAIN / NAR TEACHING POURED INTO YOUR CHURCH?
1) Spiritual warfare:
- Spiritual warfare conducted through intense worship and praise.
- Spiritual mapping (geographical areas are hot-spots for gateways and portals to be opened to connect heaven and earth).
- Identifying strongholds (hatred, adultery, heresies, jealousy, idolatry, murder, etc).
- Rebuking demonic powers and binding territorial spirits. Spiritual Warriors and Intercessors (pray to open gateways, portals, increase membership of churches, even hired out to Christian businesses to pray for an increase in wealth.
- Walking through towns, praying over buildings to remove/bind evil spirits (prayer walks).
- Immobilising prayer groups (see below under Joel’s army).
- “…Trips to mountains like the Everest, libations, etc. The believers must topple the heavenly powers & take their place in order to rule over the earth.” (Cristolaverdad)
Sole purpose: to reclaim towns, cities, states/provinces, countries, and finally the earth for Christ (called the 7 Mountains or 7 Spheres).
- If evil moves out, Christians will move in.
- If they bind the evil, people will get saved and come to Jesus.
2) Signs and wonders:
- Massive amount of focus on signs and wonders which will prepare you for:
- An Elite group of over-comer’s (false prophets) who WILL produce signs and wonders unlike anything ever seen.
- Healing ministries.
- “The ‘Signs & wonders’ manifestations of gold dust, feathers, gems, diamonds, dripping oil, stigmata, etc. in their meetings & congregations, which reminds me of some of the manifestations seen in Virgin Mary’s worship & cults. Remember Jesus said ‘Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe‘ (John 4:48), & ‘An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign‘ (Matt.12:39). Seeking after signs & wonders is NOT a good thing, but it is lack of faith.” (Cristolaverdad)
4) They believe in the restoration of the 5 fold ministry.
- Offices of apostles and prophets.
- The apostles and prophets have authority.
- Their focus is strong shepherding and discipleship.
- If one needs Christian counseling it is to be done via the apostles, prophets or pastors who follow the same teachings.
5) A perfection of the saints.
- The attainment of being Christ as we become just like Christ in nature and ability.
6) Christians will rule the earth (Dominion/Kingdom Now/Replacement Theology)
- “The Dominion mandate – The Church is to “possess the land” and rule on earth BEFORE Christ can return. They claim Jesus cannot return until all His enemies have been put under the feet of the Church.”
- The Church replaces Israel.
- Anti-Semitic teaching: since the Jewish nation had Jesus crucified they have now forfeited their right to salvation.
- Gentiles – the church have become God’s chosen people instead.
- Jerusalem (The Holy Land) belongs to the Church and Joel’s Army is going to fight for it.
7) They mostly deny a rapture in the classic biblical sense.
- Some replace it with individual raptures.
- A collective transformation to immortality on earth.
- Some mention they believe Jesus Christ is coming back (as per scripture) but the Jesus they refer to is another Jesus. A Jesus who unites all religions throughout the world
- “They don’t believe in the Millennium reign of Christ, nor the classic understanding of the Rapture, the Tribulation, the Second Coming and the Millennium.”
- “Rapture of the wicked, (ie taken in judgment) & the Church will eventually overcome death itself in a counterfeit of the Rapture, explained as a feeling of excitement, “caught up” emotionally when the Lord returns to receive the kingdom from our hands.”
8) Word of Faith / Latter Rain / NAR / Manifest Sons promoters are Kingdom Dominionists
9) Great Harvest of souls (forms part of Revival):
- An end time harvest of billions of souls.
- Majority of the world will be won to Christ.
- A Kingdom would be established or ready to be received by Christ.
- Or the church will become Christ.
10) Transformation/Reformation and Reconciliation based on Christian principles (see Christian values/Kingdom values below)
- Pastors and Youth Leaders to come together.
- Family to come together.
- Political leaders to come together.
- Businesses to come together.
- Government to come together.
Areas targeted: family, the community, the arts, sciences, media, law, government, schools and business and the youth. (also known as: 7 Mountains or 7 Spheres).
- Roman Catholic church / Emergent Church have youth organisations called Change Agents or Transformation Agents, that seek to do the same thing.
11) Focus on Revival:
- Sunderland Outpouring, Azusa Street, Pensacola Revival, Holy Laughter Movement (Rodney Howard Browne), Brownsville, Toronto Blessing, Lakeland (Todd Bentley).
- Global and International Prayer days, Global Revival, Unity through Diversity.
- Promise Keepers, Mighty Men Conferences.
- Youth generation, strong focus on the youth, conferences, concerts, prayer gatherings.
Main aim: United power of agreement for global revival (preparing Joel’s army).
12) Extra-biblical teaching (New revelations, fresh new ideas):
- Prophecy spoken that points to-wards any of the points listed in this article.
- New revelations and new knowledge that falls outside of orthodox (i.e., normal) Christian teaching.
- They say that they believe the Bible to be the final authority; God’s Word that is complete and never changes – yet also accept new revelations, new information and new ways (actually ancient ways just repackaged as new ways) of doing things in the Church.
- “New & extra biblical revelations, that supposedly God tells them, like prosperity gospel, sowing seeds, spiritual exercises to hear God’s voice (Shawn Bolz, Shannon Johnson, Mark Virkler, etc.), contemplative prayers, the teaching that Jesus needed to be born again:
“Or the doctrines found in Talmud & kabbalah i.e. that Adam was hermaphrodite or bisexual (& that God is androgynous). Please see video below: Kris Vallotton sr. assoc. pastor of Bill Johnson (Bethel Church in Reding Calif.).” (Cristolaverdad)
13) A Governing body for the Church:
- “Restoration of the Apostles and Prophets – The need of the five (5) fold ministry at the top of a leadership pyramid and submission to Elders (Shepherding) to bring about the perfecting of the saints.” (Cristolaverdad)
- Lead by self appointed apostles and prophets.
- Rule the Church through establishing independent churches.
- Non-denominational and unaffiliated however all under the central leadership of the apostles and prophets.
- Christian unity (all faiths professing some form of Christianity are considered Christian).
14) The Apostles and Prophets of today:
- Consider themselves GREATER than Jesus disciples and the early church Apostles who were commissioned to go preach the gospel to the nations.
- Support and appoint each other because all movements branch off/link to each other as they hold onto common beliefs).
15) Blessings and Curses:
- The apostles and prophets will give blessings on those who agree and follow them.
- And curses upon those who don’t follow them.
16) Words and Faith:
- The power of their words would bring results (Word of Faith).
- God inhabits your praises.
- The more faith you have the more Christian you are.
- You can speak healing into your life through words/faith.
- Faith is a force.
- Faith brings wealth and health:
- The healthier you are the more faith you have.
- The wealthier you are the more faith you have.
- The main belief of Prosperity is this:
- God will reward His faithful.
- God will transfer wealth to his faithful children.
- Transfer of wealth will go from ungodly people to godly people (His faithful).
Main aim: Christians need wealth to reclaim the earth for Christ (Kingdom Now / Dominion).
17) Christian Values / Kingdom Value:
- Values that can be learnt and applied to one’s life which brings about the appearance of a Christian life.
- The REAL Holy Spirit is not involved in bringing this change into people’s lives.
18) Fake holy spirit:
- Counterfeit spirits (FIRE called down from heaven / slain in the spirit) are transferred onto people through laying on of hands, touching, gesturing, blowing, etc. See article: Biblical Holy Spirit vs unholy spirit of fire.
- Strange manifestations (Kundalini spirit manifestations). See No. 42)
- Speaking in unknown Tongues (see article: Gift of Speaking in Tongues, Prophecy and Healing)
- Laughing and other sounds.
- Electricity sensation.
- Feeling of heat in the body.
- No control of your body.
- Paralysed on the floor.
- Convulsing, jerking or flailing about.
- Trips to Heaven and Hell.
- Multiple anointings – there is an anointing for everything.
- Anointings can be transferred from one person to another.
- Anointing/false spirit transferred via: touching, thought, blowing, gesturing, laying on of hands, hands held above the person, etc.
- Multiple mantles – there seems to be a mantle for everything.
- Mantles can be passed from person to person.
- Most famous Mantle: William Branham’s Mantle.
21) Occult experiences:
- Out of body experiences Third Heaven or trips to heaven and hell experiences.
- Visiting people in dreams.
- Visiting places (earthly or heavenly).
- Communicating with the dead in visions (be it saints or angels) is necromancy.
- Angels that accompany the pastor.
- Angels that bring people messages from God.
- Angels that bring healing.
- Any focus on angels; speaking with angels, visitation by angels etc.
23) Believe and teach things that New Age and/or Occultists believe/teach/practise:
- Portals, gateways, spiritual gates.
- Heavenly realms, prayer realms, seer realms, glory realms.
- Spiritual altars.
- Drumming circles.
- Spirit or Angel guides.
- Opening the Heavens.
- Ekstasis Worship.
- Spiritual hot-spots, geographical areas that are more spiritual than others.
- Atmosphere, vibrations, light, sound, colours and crystals.
- Numerology / Kabbalah – applying symbolism or significance to numbers.
24) What they really mean by repentance of sin:
- Repentance of sin is either completely ignored or there is very little focus.
- Repentance of sin becomes a group affair in other words the entire congregation will repent of sin in unison.
- Repentance for other peoples sin or the sins of the country.
- The Holy Spirit is not what brings about repentance.
- There is no conviction from the Holy Spirit.
- Living a good life is considered repentance of sin and can be achieved just though counseling and practice.
- Being baptised by FIRE is for remission of sin, it burns away your chaff. You have to be completely on FIRE to be purified for the end times.
25) Visitations by a Jesus:
- A Jesus appearing to people in visions or physically appearing to people.
26) Strange prayer practices:
- Meditation (clearing the mind).
- Yoga : This incorporates breathing, posture, silence and emptying of thoughts.
- Centering Prayers.
- Contemplative Prayer (Lectio Divina or Sacred Divination).
- Breathing practice (this also includes yoga).
- Reciting scripture or a word or phrase over and over again (also known as a Mantra).
- Reciting someone else’s prayer e.g., The Prayer of Jabez.
- Walking Labyrinths.
- Remove all thoughts from your mind or escaping from your thoughts by repeating mantras (words, phrases, verses from scripture) to achieve an altered state of consciousness.
- Allowing thoughts or a ‘small voice to come into your mind giving you revelation into scripture (usually done by following the above points).
- Focusing inward to the Christ Within until you become aware that you are a god.
27) Joel‘s Army:
- Joel’s army started marching at the start of the Azusa Street Revival, and has since been dubbed the Blessing movement. The marching has intensified and will continue to gather force.
- Joel’s army is made up of a group of immortal beings (or so they think) that will bring judgment upon the ungodly.
- The ungodly are those who oppose them.
- The mention of a Christian army of any kind is Joel’s army.
- Immobilising prayer groups.
- All who do not accept the authority of the new apostles and prophets will be removed.
- Cleansing of the earth of evil to establish His Kingdom (Spiritual Warfare).
- Call for a Civil War within the church.
28) Gideon‘s Army:
- Another kind of Joel’s army, but smaller in size (300 in number as in OT).
- They will besiege the high places in Israel in prayer and spiritual warfare (see point 1 above).
Note: Gideon’s army has already taken upon their first assignment from the Lord. They entered Israel on the 25 Oct – 3 Nov 2008. It has been called, a strategic and groundbreaking prayer event. 2
29) Divisions of Joel‘s Army:
- Isaiah 57 company.
- The Elijah force.
- The Warriors of Gilead.
- Samuel’s army.
30) Focus on Youth:
- Focus on youth and Christian values/Kingdom values.
- Focus on youth for they are the least discerning.
- Focus on youth for they will lead the future – Children are the future.
- Create a Radical Generation for Jesus.
- Parents will encourage their children because of the wonderful change in their lives.
- Children/Teenagers are being taught the practices mentioned in point 26).
31) Holy Land / Israel:
- Applying scripture meant for Israel to the church and vice versa.
- Move back into the law through the Hebrew Roots movement.
- Main aim: Latter Rainer’s are going to try take the Holy Land for themselves.
- Having to use Hebrew names for God and Jesus.
- Hebrew greetings.
- Trying to be Jewish in some form or another, e.g., Jewish dancing in church.
32) Christian unity:
- “Unity of all believers (including Catholics & mystics) necessary and vital they say, since Jesus cannot incarnate into a divided Body.” (Cristolaverdad)
- All faiths that profess some kind of Christian teaching are considered Christian.
- Conferences are held where all Christian faiths come together.
- They all believe in a Christ and they call him Jesus but it’s not the biblical Jesus Christ.
- The earth is going to be one big happy family under Christ.
- Global peace plan.
- Unity at all costs, excluding the Truth.
33) Christ comes into the church before he comes for the church:
- That the Church, his body will actually become Christ on earth, glorious and triumphant.
34) Divinity, becoming a little god:
- Teaching that when you accept Jesus into your life you become like Christ or start to actually become like Christ.
- Word of Faith affirms this by teaching that we can speak things into existence just as God did when He created the earth.
- They are progressing in their godliness: The Christian life has levels to go through to reach maturity:
- The first level is that of servant of God.
- The second level is that of a friend of God.
- The third level is to become a son of God which means you are now a god or a little god , you are on the level of Christ.
- This is only obtained via revelation from the apostles and prophets (new revelation that falls outside of the Bible).
- When you enter Heaven you will be on the same level as Jesus Christ.
35) Global Warning and the Environment:
- Focus on saving the earth (Mother Earth, Mother Nature, Mother Gaia).
36) Purpose Driven:
- Moving the earth into a one world faith (Rick Warren and other Emerging teachers).
- Ties with teachers from the Emergent Church: Brian McLaren, Rob Bell, Leonard Sweet, Stephan Joubert, etc.,
37) Ancient knowledge is now new knowledge:
- Moving back to the early church fathers who used contemplative spiritual practices.
- Emerging ideas overtaking all thinking in universities, seminaries and colleges which has then being filtered down into the churches.
- Roman Catholicism and the Catholic church is now considered Christian.
- Emerging Dialogue and debate on what Truth actually is i.e., truth can be anything you deem to be correct depending on your situation, age, gender and culture, etc.)
- Spirituality is experienced with all 5 senses: touch, smell, taste, seeing, hearing.
38) Vatican II Re-Evangelization Program:
- Please read this article: The New Evangelical – Evil fit for a New Dark Age
- Please read this article: Vatican II and The New Evangelization World Wide Take Over
39) Rise of the Issachar Prophets:
Based on Genesis 49:14-15 the New Apostolic Reformation have stated that there will be Prophets unlike any other…they will be called Issachar Prophets.
These Issachar Prophets will rise up in the last days and have the anointing of the Issachar tribe.
These Issachar Prophets will be accurate in all their prophecy from: dreams, visions, predicting earthquakes, disasters, even sports scores, etc.
The New Apostolic Reformation believe that these Issachar Prophets will lead the church into the last days and give them direction and prepare them.
Rick Joyner says on his Morningstar ministries website; “Years ago, I became very concerned that the body of Christ should have a true and dependable “sons of Issachar” ministry for the times to come, which is the ministry of knowing the times and what God’s people should do to be prepared for them.”
Steve Shultz from The Elijah List had this to say of Chuck Pierce; “…the Issachar tribe “understood time and could interpret the Word of God in time.” We need the Issachar anointing for ourselves and from those who can interpret God’s word and time in the hour, like Chuck Pierce.”
Chuck Pierce says: “THE TIME IS NOW! All nations in the earth can now become His inheritance.” and “God wants us to understand and interpret our times so we can prosper in every season and have wisdom to advance!” and “By understanding times, you will prosper!”
The Issachar anointing is stepping into your ‘manifest sons of God’ position on earth. You will be able to engage Heaven making decrees and Heavenly laws. You will be able to seek and receive all that God has to offer for His sons/daughters, that being: revelation, transformation and empowerment on earth. You will be able to step into the fullness of your identity (Christ Consciousness), and receive your inheritance and authority as ‘manifest sons of God’ so that the ‘church’ (Roman Catholicism) can fulfill her kingdom destiny on earth in preparation for Christ’s return.
- “Manifestation of the Sons of God . They are the mighty Army of the Lord a.k.a. Joel’s Army, those in the Body who are perfected by the works of their Apostles & Prophets, and brought (literally) to ‘the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.’ These will receive their final redemption, the immortalization of their carnal bodies & they will have every right to be called gods.”
40) The Third Day Church Arising
- The New Apostolic Reformation is raising up a church, called the Third Day Church. Just as Jesus Christ was raised up on the 3rd Day, so will this church.
- This Third Day church is just another name for Joel’s Army.
- Chuck Pierce “wrote a chapter on the Third Day Church Arising in The Future War of the Church. Know the time and what to do! On the Third Day, He will raise us up!” —http://www.elijahlist.com/words/display_word/8886
- God apparently wants His Church to operate with immense power.
- Warfare is shifting.
- This age needs God’s warriors to arise in triumph.
- Apostolic right are preparing for civil war within the church. See point 27)
41) Going back to our Jewish Roots
- The New Apostolic Reformation teach that because of antisemitism brought into the Church in Constantine’s day, the Church rejected much of the blessing/inheritance Christians are supposed to receive.
- According to the NAR we need to learn how to restore the blessing of our lost Biblical inheritance when we embrace the Jewish roots of our Christian faith.
42) Latter Rain / NAR warns of Kundalini spirit.
- The NAR are now warning people about the Kundalini Spirit that has invaded the church.
- They are denouncing the Kundalini Spirit yet still calling FIRE DOWN FROM HEAVEN.
- Revelation 13:13 “And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men”
- Luke 9:54-55 “54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? 55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.”
- This warning started years ago with Andrew Strom’s DVDs on the Kundalini Spirit, yet Andrew Strom remains NAR.
- The NAR are now desperately trying to make a distinction between the Kundalini Spirit and the so called ‘baptism of FIRE’ with blatant lying so as to still catch people off totally off guard.
- It’s the same spirit, but now under a different name…can you guess what name? The biblical name of ‘The Holy Spirit’.
- Same manifestations, the only difference is the Kundalini spirit just lost its name.
It is easy to see how all forms of Pentecostalism are coming together under the invisible cloak of the Roman Catholic Church. Churches today do not realise they are in fact a Roman Catholic church. Soon the Roman Catholic Church will throw off her invisible cloak and she will exposed herself as a woman drunken with the blood of the saints; the mastermind behind the unity of all faiths, into a One World Religion.
Revelation 17:6 “And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.”
43) They don’t believe in a literal hell.
Kris Vallotton (right) and Che Ahn (left) meet the Pope:
Follow the trail of bedfellows:
Some keywords of the NAR / Latter Rain Movement:
New Apostolic Reformation NAR, apostolic, new wine, glory, Shekinah glory, refreshing, latter rain, glory cloud, soaking (same as meditating), seasons, move into the supernatural, prophetic, new breed, third wave, purpose driven life, purpose driven church, winds of change, winds of revival, supernatural motion, glory of the Lord, birthing, God’s kingdom is further being established on earth as it is in heaven, as above so below, angelic hosts being released, connection points, portals, revival hubs, releasing, impartations or imparted, DNA, quantum, spiritual covering, global harvest, rains of revival, awakening, great awakening, new age, new dawn, suddenlies, oneness in Christ, secret place, glory of God manifests on earth, visitation or visitations from angels or a figure who claims to be Jesus Christ, paradigm, shifting, alignment, transported, prophetic towers, mountains, revolution, revolutionary, vertical and horizontal apostles, new beginnings, soaking in the Glory, operate in the glory and power of God, city transformation, activating and mobilising others into their gifting, accurate prophetic words, prophetess, Nazarite, passion for revival, intercessor, releasing power and glory, Promise Keepers (Mighty Men Conferences by Angus Buchan, Iron Men), rise up an army of believers, passing on the mantle, Elijah legacy, anointings named after biblical people, slain in the spirit, fire tunnel, transformation, reformation, third heaven, opening the heavens, God is doing a new thing in your life, increasing your anointing, pulling up the tent stakes, don’t put God in a box, God is increasing your territory, emerging, emergent, unity in diversity, postmodernism, spiritual formation, directors, spiritual directors, new era, golden rule, yoga, meditation, breathing, the silence, the secret, secret places of God, thin veil, contemplation, cosmos, candles, stations of the cross, Labyrinth, radical generation, boiler rooms, healing rooms, Spirit of ‘name some biblical character’, labyrinths, tree of life, awakening, treasure inside you, new levels, new heights, prophetic levels, prophetic colours, self-realization, divine self, Christ within, Christ consciousness, higher self, presence movement, hearing the voice of God, the presence of God, entering into the presence of God, blowing the Shofar, sound in the heavenlies, journey, paths, breath of God, breathing in God, The Message Bible, Alpha course, A Course in Miracles, unity in love, etc.
Last updated: 12 June 2019
References: 1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphysics 2 http://www.prophetic.tv/watch.php?e=33
Would you mind backing up this article with references / in-context quotations overlapping or conflicting their teachings with scripture?
Without such, I’m afraid an article like this does more harm than good.
This is more of a ‘what they are saying and why’ type of article. If others find it exceptionally useful and you think it does more harm then….hmmmmm….*ponder ponder*
Btw, there is hardly any scripture for the rubbish these people are speaking…so now what? Is that a good or bad thing? lol I mean really, if you can find a scripture to back up…I dunnooo say….gateways and portals for instance then…well…I will congratulate you in advance.
The initual question was to find scripture; I asked you to help me find scripture for gateways and portals. But you can’t…..so now you have to divert your attack to trivial questions. It’s the usual tactic of those who love false teaching over the truth. Nothing new really…
>> AND I KNOW YOU WILL ALL END UP AT SCOAN ON DAY TO CONFESS
I hope not…that would be disasterous.
God bless those with spiritual discernment from the reading of God’s word and not through ‘visions’ ‘dreams’ ‘trances’ etc! False prophets such as Mike BIckle, Rick Joyner, and Paul Cain have brought the teachings of 17th century mystic Jane Lead into the church under the guise of ‘revelation’. Because of the incessent glorification of the ‘spirit’ by certain churches over the Logos, God’s written word, they are literally and blindly preparing the world for the antichrist. This occultic agenda called “New Beginnings” is flooding all the churches thru the charistmatic Latter Rain and the fundamental Purpose Driven LIfe. Though quite sickening to see men who once preached sound doctrine falling for this great delusion, this is to be expected as Timothy warned in scripture. Alice Bailey, occultic medium who channeled the new age movement from demons for 30 years, said, “As more and more demons descend into the minds of men, the church will think they are the Holy Spirit.” We see this happening today and instead of wise church leaders condemning apostates such as Rick Warren, George Murdock, Joel Osteen, and Cindy Jacobs they promote and support them! The New Wave, New Gospel, New Spirit, and New Teaching are just some of the ‘new’ occultic ‘truths’ being taught from pulpits today. Even now the Rapture is being discounted, which puts the church on the same bandwagon of the world in looking for “the King” (the FALSE KING) Read the incredible research done on Latter Rain by Tricia Tillen who exhaustively explains the demonic teachings in churches today. “And men shall no longer endure sound doctrine. ” 2 Timothy 4:3
Absolutely, all excellent articles you come across that are the gospel truth you can print out and give to him to read. I know of someone exactly like your brother who refuses point blank to even read any article I try give them. In Jan ’09 tried to even show her a dvd explaining metaphysical teaching and the Word of Faith movement – that was like the worst thing I could have done. The way she carried on you would have thought I was attempting to murder her. Sad part; it was my 84 year old grandmother :unhappy: That was one of the saddest days of my life.
I checked the link to that website. Yip without a doubt this is Latter Rain and very very bad too from what I can see. Madelein, Jesus Christ is the only one who can save your brother, so yes, prayer is without a doubt an ongoing thing for your brother. Second is trying to give him important biblical info to read. The other thing is you don’t want to push him away either by making him angry, remember we are not fighting against flesh but spirits. The worst thing is about all this is that he might not be willing to listen, and this will be something you will have to come to accept. But that does not mean you must stop praying for him. Jesus saves, and He is the only one that can work on his heart.
You can print out these articles as well:
The Gnostic Roots of the Latter Rain/Word of Faith Movement
Latter Rain – Taking Dominion with another Gospel another Christ
Your Sons and Your Daughters Will Prophesy, But Not Yet…
A Listener’s Guide to the Pulpit
Caught Up By Jesus Christ Or Caught By A False Christ
Scripture – Be of Sober Spirit, Take up the Full Armour of God
False Teachers and Prophets – Methods of Operation
The Gnostic Roots of the Latter Rain/Word of Faith Movement
Prepared For The Slaughter – The Disarming Of The Church
A New Breed – Are you one of them?
Dominionism and the Rise of Christian Imperialism
The Meaning of Being Filled with the Holy Spirit
Fire of The Holy Spirit – Judgement or Anointing?
I think this kinda thing is happening all around the world right now and been going on for a few years, but it’s intensifying and I am hearing more and more stories.
Hi there, I want your opinion. Should I warn people whom I know are totally mislead and blinded, by sending them articles like these or Bible studies? My brother is currently active at a ‘church’ which I believe is a sect (www.parakletos.co.za) Must I say something, or just keep praying for him? I have shared my testimony with him, but there was no response. It is scary how blinded he is.
My pastor Became an apostle 2 years ago and i didn’t think a whole lot of it at first,because i thought that it was just a title that his friend “annointed” him with because i was not aware of the Latter Day Rain movement which C.Peter Wagner renamed the NAR. After a very disturbing message one nite , i came home from the meeting and googled the question”are there modern day apostles?” It opened up a world of information to me that i had NO IDEA about! I promptly left the church.I am going to a Baptist church now, and my pastor teaches the Word. I gave him all the info that i had gathered on the movement and he also had never heard about it. I live in Pennsylvania in America and the movement is very prevalent where i live. It is awful! They are all about :the great wealth transfer” also and concumed by money.VERY UNGODLY and CONTROLLING movement. It also is connected to the Shepherding/ Covering movements. The Apostle of my previous church believed himself equal to the Apostle Paul and gave “words”from God. I am very disillusioned with pastors now. I know that there are true pastors out there but wow, it’s dark!Many false teachers! all heading towards the apostate church of the end. I believe that the Lord is coming soon.
Sylesa, I congratulate you on doing your research and being obedient to leave this church. How sad that this pastor has fallen into this trap and taking his congregation with him.
One of the reasons this is growing so fast is because of the TBN Network which I call “The Blasphemy Network”.
You are right, we are living in dark times and deception and delusion abound at every turn.
Burning Lamp,My previous pastos best friend MARK KAUFMAN who “annointed ” DAVID YOUNG “Apostle” is on the Elijah List. When i learned about all of this , i subscribed to the Elijah list so that i coiuld keep tabs on this movement . I could not believe my eyes when i saw david youngs best friend mark kaufman on there as a keynote speaker of the K.E.Y.S.conference! They are all about taking over the marketplace and “THE GREAT WEALTH TRANSFER”lol! All about money and power! The two of them in my area believe themselves to have God given dominion over this area! They are exceedenly arrogant! They are into “spiritual mapping” and “generational curses” and alot of pop psychology instead of the word of God. I started to seek the Lord 4 years ago and started going to church. he was Pastor Dave at that time, then his friend told him that he was an Apostle and wow did he change!! You practically had to get permission to pee from them!lol! it is a spiritual pyramid scheme, for money and power and ego, it is not taught in the Word. I have many sincere friends still there. They don’t appreciete me critisizing him because we were told by Kaufman that we could die for speaking against him! Can you believe it?! David young has started other PREVAILING WORD WORLD OUTREACH CENTER churches in India and plans on going to Australia in a few weeks and i believe South Africa also.I have to check on that . Beware Deborah for any PWWOC churches springing up in your area! They are very good orators but the substance of what they are saying is unbiblical and people that don’t know their bibles buy what they are saying because they are good orators! They spiritualize and allorgorize the scriptures to say whataver they can twist them to say and have no hermanuetics of bible interpretation at all! OF course Satan doesn’t speak to people from Leveys Satanic bible , he twists Gods Word.I can’t stand this NAR movement!It is global! I am amazed! C Peter Wagoner and all the other nutcases that he endorses such as Todd Bently are out there worshipping another jesus just as Deborah said.I thank God that i got a serious check in my spirit when kaufman came to our church to speak, it caused me to look into things. I believe that that was the Lords providence that it happened that way because i always pray for the Lord to guide me into all truth and i am out of that church now and i thank the Lord ! I just found all this stuff out about the NAR maybe 4 months ago. I now tell everybody including my new pastor about this movement . I am sounding the alarm in my area! The root of the movement is bad and unbiblical and no good or true fruit can come of it. I truly believe that we are moving toward that one world apostate church that antichrist will rule over someday.I used to wonder how in the world would people follow antichrist? now i see how that it could happen when i see all the people at benny hinn, creflo dollar , joel esteen , todd bently ect., ect. and how the people in all their emotionalism are swept up in the ungodly goings on , and it is because they do not know the Word of Gpod and see the God of the Word. I am very passioate about all this stuff because the charismatic movement really had me confused at one point in my life and God has brought me so far and i have a passion to expose them now.I am glad for this website. Well, gotta go , gasman outside filling the propane tank and i have to pay him. Have a great day, both you and Deborah, thanks for your comments, they are never harping.
You need to go back and re-read what you have written 🙂
You say you believe in Election and then…you said “i personally believe that Jesus died for the whole world(I differ with JM on that fine point).” – that my dear means you DON’T believe in Election.
Tell me, who do you follow? JMA or the Holy Spirit? No really this is a very important question, because I can tell you the answer…
You say… “do you know that THE Billy Graham does not hold to the truth that Jesus is the only way? I was Shocked!! And i might add, it caused me much disillusionment.”
Now wait wait, before you jump to conclusions as to what you THINK I am going to say you believe…
Sylesa as we are dialogging I can see in your comments that you are follow the Holy Spirit BUT YOU ARE CAUGHT in the TRAP of following MEN at the same time.
You can no longer argue with me that JMA is kosher because you have stated in your own words that he does not believe that Jesus Christ died for ALL mankind. Yet, for some unknown reason you are caught in the JMA spell. Is it his smile? His suit? Or is it because you think he actually preaches the truth when we have quickly and easily discerned with the help of the Holy Spirit that he is FALSE.
You did the same thing with Billy Graham. You thought he was preaching the truth. Did you test him? Did you take his teachings and scrutinized them to make sure he REALLY WAS what and who he said he was? If you are interested to know about Billy Graham go here: http://www.discerningtheworld.com/2010/03/29/the-new-evangelical-evil-fit-for-a-new-dark-age/
You stand up for JMA like your life depends on it. But you really Sylesa don’t know what you are standing up for.
Now I am not having this discussion anymore regarding Calvinism and JMA. You have been shown the truth by the HOLY SPIRIT – follow Him, not men.
I love you lots, that is why I am sticking to you like glue on this one.
Deborah , thanks for the link on Billy Graham. i will check it out. The reason that i called it a “fine point” differance with JM, is because while he believes in limited atonement because he reasons “double jepordy” and he does not believe that anybody whom Christ ALREADY PAID FOR can ever go to hell. Double jeopordy. But I think that he is on that point trying to reason things out, wheras on other points he is content with parralell truths.I don’t see it as being double jeopordy if indeed Christ died for the elect asn unelect. I believe Christ died for all people and that God has no pleasure in the death of ANYBODY. I believe He knows in foreknowledge what a person will do. At the end of the day it ends up (in my eyes anyways) being a moot point if God being all knowing , enables those to come to Him that he foreknew would be willing. The outcome would be the same on both sides, thats why i called it a fine point differance. I truly with all my heart attribute my seeking after Christ, the mercy and grace of God FIRST working in my heart to cause me to seek him. Without the influence of that upon my heart, and the power of the Word of God to bring faith and light, i don’t believe that i would have sought him. I am not sure what label i would fit under! I thought calvinist because i believe in total depravity, and the nessesity of God as first cause. I don’t 100% agree with all that JM says about all things even tho my ravings may make it appear so!lol! I have some fine points to search out on the Lordship salvation issue. I think that Burning Lamp might be mistaken about some things in regard to his belief, but i am not for sure on that and need to search it out. Why oh why does the Lord allow there to be so MANY false teachers!!?? Thank you for your input. i am in process of defining my total belief system and truly seek to be kept from deception.
Election is not the only thing that JMA is wrong on. He also believes that the blood of Jesus Christ is just liquid. This is written all over his new study bible. I find it ghastly that any man would even think of the blood of Jesus in this way. – It’s supposed to be a big misunderstanding, but I do not see it that way along with countless others.
Another thing, there is a big difference between the Calvinist ‘Total Depravity’ vs Biblical ‘Depravity’.
Hello deborah, i do have his study bible and i understand what he attempted to convey. I realize that your mind is not going to be changed about JM. I just feel that wether it is my defense of him or your dislike of him that both of us need to let it stand on facts. You say that i defend him, and i do , but it is because so far there has not been posted any facts that would justify villifying him. 1) you do not agree with his views on election 2) your isssue with his comment on the blood of Christ 3) Burning Lamp has issues with his Lordship doctrine I have tried to answer these 1)He is not a follower of calvin but has his own beliefs but you won’t accept that. And even tho you don’t agree with his view of election, you cannot deny that he preaches WHOSOEVER will may come and therefore he preaches the gospel 2) I have pointed out alot of misconceptions of what he believes that have been posted on this site, i can single out the comments and send links PROVING that he does NOT believe much of what he’s accused of 3)I have tried to explain the unfairness of trying to critisize him based on what another person said or did that JM has plainly said that he does not agree with and that is NOT a fair minded way to represent him, he stands or falls on his own merit 4) his comment on the blood was only saying that there was no special property in the blood such as the white cells / red cells , chemical makeup ect. ect. that is why it was effacatious to pay for our sins, but rather what WAS speciel about his physical liquid blood was that it was flowing from the sinless Son of GOD and that is what made HIS blood Differant from ANY other blood to be offered , yet you want to believe he meant otherwise. In my opinion, and i’m nobody, you have not proven any valid case against him.Now there is something that i need to verify as to what Burning Lamp was telling me about the Lordship controversy. I think she may not be totally correct but i need to find out first, in case i am wrong.If i find the teaching that is contrary to what she believes he believes , i will post the link. If she is correct , then i need to think thru some things. I know that i seem very strong in my opinions for him just as your opinions against him are very strong, i just truly have not seen or heard any compelling problem with him. The total depravity is just a way of saying that nobody seeks after God without God moving upon there hearts by grace.At the end of the day , when the gospel is preached that all may come and He casts NOBODY out, the ones who WILL not come is because the scriptures say that men loved darkness rather than light…And all of us were in that place at one time. I truly don’t see how this doctrine harms anybody when ALL are encouraged to come to Christ.If I hear him preach “whosoever will” and i say in my heart, “no, i may not be elect”, well i need to get real with my own heart because i am the one rejecting the truth After being encouraged to come to Christ. I am living out my own choice to reject. That is depravity.Even while it is also true that it is God who changes our hearts. The Word is the power of God, but i can reject it.How the two truths come together i don;t feel that i have to understand, i believe that both are supported by scripture. I just pray that if i am wrong , the Lord will show me and that if you are wrong, that the Lord will show you.I truly want to be in the truth.That is all that i want. I truly do thank you for what you do and for the dialogue that helps me to work thru what is true and what is not . God bless you and your ministry and all of the true christians that visit this site.(not Eric)
>> And even tho you don’t agree with his view of election, you cannot deny that he preaches WHOSOEVER will may come and therefore he preaches the gospel
*sighs* Can’t you see there is NO FREE WILL in Calvinism.
1) If person X is PRE CHOSEN by GOD he will automatically choose Jesus Christ when he hears the gospel – this is NOT FREE WILL
2) If person X is not PRE CHOSEN by God he will automatically reject Jesus Christ – this again is NOT FREE WILL
No matter how you look at it Sylesa there is no free free in Calvinism – it’s a terrible doctrine and no true salvations can come from anyone who believes in this way of thinking.
Calvinism DESTROYS the message of salvation through and through, it rips it apart, and trods on it. And I am sorry but I can’t and won’t stand for it nor it’s preachers.
Now I see that you too believe that implying the blood of Jesus Christ to being just liquid is fine. WRONG! Under this article http://www.discerningtheworld.com/2010/03/13/john-macarthur-i-pray-this-is-not-true/ which you have seen already IN THE COMMENTS SECTION there is a lengthy discussion on this – please read it!
>> I have pointed out alot of misconceptions of what he believes that have been posted on this site, i can single out the comments and send links PROVING that he does NOT believe much of what he’s accused
There are no mis-conceptions Sylesa. You say there are, but there are not. The picture is this. You are standing up for JMA and it appears you will find anything and do anything to support him even go so far to agree that the blood of Jesus is just liquid and possibly jeopardize your own salvation because of it. John the Baptist said he was not worthy to touch Jesus’ sandals and you Sylesa have the audacity to say such things about Jesus’ blood! THOSE BIBLE VERSES do not require a case study of the chemical make up of Jesus’ blood – no it requires that those verses be explained PROPERLY in his study bible for the person reading it that needs to understand the SPIRITUAL value of Jesus’ Blood Covering!
JMA sees the blood of Jesus Christ as being SYMBOLIC of death.
This is how JMA views OT sacrifices:
“Symbolic anyway”? Really?
Sylesa, you say you want to be in the truth but you REFUSE to listen to the truth. Maybe it’s difficult for you to want to hear because you admire JMA so much. It’s all I can think of right now..
This is a comment made by a Calvinist regarding a CD John MacArthur did along with Phil Johnson. Notice that people who don’t believe in Election are REPROBATE.
You say that JMA does not hold John Calvin in high regard or any regard for that matter. Nonsense. He holds him in high regard and sees him as great man of God. A murderer! lovely. He also views Augustine (a Roman CATHOLIC) to be a great man of God as well. Shocking!
JMA says he is not Ecumenical yet he holds onto Augustine’s skirt like no ones business. He can start declaring he his non-allegiance to Rome the day I see him say he no longer follows Augustine.
ok, now I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT CHRISTS BLOOD WAS A SYMBOL OF DEATH! LETS GET THAT STRAIGHT! no no no , I DO NOT BELIEVE CHRISTS BLOOD “WAS JUST LIQUID”! HOLD UP! I do not believe this!!!! I was merely saying that i did not believe that JM was trying to denegrate the value of Christ blood by what he said because Jm preaches on the value of Christs blood ALL the time! That is ALL i said! I am NOT MS JOHN MACARTHUR! sigh! lol!
Sylesa, I hear your heart and your desire to please the Lord.
Some false teachings are blatantly false and easily recognized – others are very subtle and one has to dig deeper. I don’t mean to set myself up as any kind of expert, but I have studied this stuff for a good many years – it is a ministry. Ditto for Debs.
This is my take on JMA. He is a double-minded man. I have seen this happen over and over with other pastor/teachers. They have one foot in the right camp and the other in the enemy camp. They might not even realize it. Out of one side of their mouth they say one thing and out of the other something else and often they give double meanings to what they say – it is expressed cleverly so that it could be interpreted different ways.
This is the case w/JMA. He seems to be saying he believes that whosoever may come, but in fact due to his Calvinism leanings, he means whosoever is chosen by God. He appeals to a broad audience of both Calvinists and non. As I said before I know personally people who have been subtly sucked in to Calvinism because they followed JMA and didn’t even realize it was happening.
This is just a suggestion, but this is what I would personally do if I had been warned about someone’s teachings but was hellbent on defending him/her. I would back off and not read their materials or listen to them for a time to allow God to speak to me and clear my mind.
I have a personal guideline for my own personal study. I will not use any teachers or materials that have ANY connection to Calvinist/Reformed doctrine. In fact, it might be a good idea to take the “time off” to read some books and materials that expose Calvinism. Dave Hunt at The Berean Call has good information and there is a book out called The Dark Side of Calvinism.
There is no doubt that JMA is in thick with Calvinists. That should be evidence enough that at the very least he has no problem with that doctrine. That my dear is a HUGE red flag.
I sense you are getting a tad exasperated with us, and that is a natural reaction. But please know that we have been around the block a few times and we are just trying to alert you to some pitfalls to avoid.
Grace and peace to you and thanks for hanging in there with us in this discussion.
Burning Lamp, thank you so much for the advice.I will take it. I eventually really need to look for some history books of the early church and the Jewish nation. I say this because i have heard that it is important to know the setting and the people being spoken to when interpreting scripture, because we can sometimes see it through the lens of our own culture and fail to get the proper sense of what is intended. This will help me and though john Macarthur has studied these things, I will be able to do it for myself and not feel as much a need to refer myself to his study bible commentary. Before i bought JM study bibe , I used the Matthew Henry commentary. I love Mathew Henry! But for now, simply reading my Bible sounds like something i really ought to do, and i will. I appreciate the advise and the dialoge. I do not know many(actually Only my pastor)that really has any interest in wether doctrine is correct or not and my friends seem to look at it like “thats your passion” but like it’s not real important to them. Because of this , i am limited in being able to talk much about these things or i would drive them all batty! And also there are a few of my friends still in Prevailing Word and they might be offended if i got carried away telling them that they are under false teachings. I can only talk about it in a limited way to them. I am amazed to learn that most people don’t know their bible. I am even more amazed that some of them DO read their bible but still don’t feel doctrine to be very important, certainly not more important than “experience” and “feelings and impressions”. I sincerly am amazed because we are all reading the same bible????It says that doctrine is VERY important! So many warnings against false teachers! But strangely ,it seems that nobody cares! I say all this to say—- I love being able to talk with you and Deborah and anybody else that may come along, that holds the WRITTEN Word of God in HIGH regard and understands that doctrine is very important. You guys are a blessing to me!If i seem exasperated, well at times i may be ,lol! But , I will not close my mind and refuse to search things out.Thank you so very much. Ps. As a side note, one of my friends from the Dominionist church that i left wants to meet for lunch Thurs and said that she would be interested if i would bring some information printed out for her so that she can read about this movement. She is still under the influence of The “Apostle” but told me that she will try to have an open mind, but she said that God has to reveal it to her not me or anybody else. She is correct, only God can do that. Pray that the Lord opens her eyes. God Bless
@Sylesa, i do not often comment here,save to say The Lord made a promise if we seek him we shall find him.Keep on asking furthermore HE says “My sheep hear my voice and they follow me”
Prayer is the ultimate relationship builder by the Holy Ghost through the name of Jesus to the knowledge of the Father.”Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom…..” Debbie and others here are clarions to warn of the wolves that claim to guard the hen house.
Bless ya all till your socks smell nice
Oyi someone changed my puppy?
[edited; Yes you used the wrong email address, but changed it to the correct one and I brought your puppy back for you :)]
Born into an Assemblies of God family in the early forties, I was just a lad when the Latter Rain heresy swept through our denomination. I was too young to understand it except to say that my parents sided with the Assemblies of God which tossed out the movement. I went on to live my life for Christ while serving in the Assemblies of God. We later tired of the continuous splits our churches were encountering and moved over to a non-denominational church. It was so refreshing to worship the Lord with joy and abandonment; but, I noticed some subtle differences that disturbed me. I kept hearing about a powerful end time revival which I knew wasn’t in scripture and little or nothing was ever said about the Rapture.
After Googling “why don’t some churches teach the rapture,” I came across an old, familiar phrase which I had long since forgotten – “Latter Rain.” It suddenly dawned on me what I had gotten into. I was more mad at myself than anything else for not being more discerning. I felt like I had been “Had.” We eventually left that church, but to our dismay, most other churches had fallen for this aberrant teaching. My only solution is to try and stay plugged into what the Bible says about everything and trust nothing but the Word.
Most Christians who truly love the Lord and want to obey Him, have the same problem. They don’t know where to worship because most of today’s churches have fallen into apostasy some way or another. What I did, was to start my own Bible study group where we worship the Lord with Bible reading, teaching, praying etc. God bless and may He use you for his glory.
EXCUSE ME LADY…IF YOU HAD A BRAIN, YOU’D TAKE OUT AND PLAY WITH IT!
1-YOU KNOW KNOW A FLIP ABOUT THE LATTER RAIN MOVEMENT OR EXPERIENCE!
2. YOU’VE CONFUSED YOUR GIFT OF DISCERNMENT,.. WITH THE “GIFT OF SUSPICION!
3. YOU’VE MIXED UP A POST OF RELIGIOUS POTTAGE …AND THROWN EVERYBODY YOU DON’T LIKE…INTO IT!
4.-BRANHAM WAS NOT LATTER RAIN (THOUGH HE DID GO AND WAS PROPHESIED OVER BY THE “HOUGHTON BROS” IN CANADA, WHEN THE MOVEMENT FIRST BROKE OUT! THEN SOON AFTER BEGIN HIS HEALING MINISTRY WORLD -WIDE! HE HAD MULTITUDES HEALED AND SAVED, IN MANY NATIONS. (OF COURSE YOU’D TELL THEM THEY REALY ARN’T SAVED NOR HEALED…GO BACK TO THEIR HOSPITAL BEDS AND DIE!)
BECAUSE YOUR GOD..AND CAN JUDGE EVERYONE ELSE BUT YOURSELF!
(I KNOW THIS, BECAUSE I WAS IN THE LATTER RAIN MOVEMENT, I ALSO PLAYED THE CRUSADE ORGAN FOR BRO BRANHAM…WHO HAD GREAT FAITH, GREAT GIFTS AND MIRACLE..AND WHO NEVER PREACHED LATTER RAIN TRUTHS, BUT RATHER HIS OWN “BRANHAMISIM DOCTRINE!” WHICH HAS BECOME IDOLATRY..IN THE OVER 500 BRANHAMITE CHURCHES WORLD WIDE!
5.HERE’S THE BOTTOM LINE>> “EVERYTHING DONE IN SECRET..WILL BE
BROUGHT OUT INTO THE OPEN..IN THE LAST DAYS!
ALSO, ISAIAH SAID; ” AND GOD SHALL BRING A CHURCH OUT OF A CHURCH…A PEOPLE OUT OF A PEOPLE..AND A NATION OUT OF A NATION!” ” HIS KINGDOM..WILL BREAK UP ALL OTHER KINGDOMS! ”
*GO UP ON A MT TOP..RENT A CABIN, PUT YOUR FACE TO THE FLOOR LAY EVERY THING YOU BELIEVE ON THE ALTER,…AND CRY OUT TO GOD…UNTIL YOU TOO HAVE A PERSONAL VISITATION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT…AND COME DOWN..WITH THE DIVINE MIND OF JESUS CHRIST!
GO FOR GOD! -B.D. ROM 8:
EXCUSE MY SPELLING.B.D.
EVANG. BUFORD DOWELL
Your despicable ad hominem attack disqualifies you – not only as an evangelist but also as a Christian.
Go back and study the origin of the Latter Rain Movement. A good place to start is here:
William Branham was an infamous liar and those who follow his teaching are heavily deceived.
EVANG. BUFORD DOWELL wrote:
Incorrect spelling won’t keep you out of heaven; false teachers like Branham can and will.
Another excellent piece. Perfect/ Thank you. So much junk, like the Latter Rain theology, is taught in church nowadays. Sorry, I take that statement back. Actually, these teachings have been in Church for years only many of us were not well versed with scripture and could not spot the fakes. So many non biblical doctrines around. A friend of mine recently made this statement “there is an open heaven” over such and such city and that the people “need to pray so that the window does not close”. Where on earth do people get these doctrines from? I’m just being rhetorical. Open heavens? Not seen that in my bible. He clearly got this from some book or some pastor’s (and I use that word loosely) teaching. Anyway, needless to say I don’t go to church anymore. Would love to but don’t trust a lot of these churches now because of all the heretical teachings. That is not to say, there aren’t any God-fearing, bible teaching churches. The problem is finding them. I just read my bible at home now. Debs/Tom, may God continue to strengthen you. The time and effort you put in to research, study and compile these articles is like wow. I mean I find it draining to even do my normal chores most days let alone take on other tasks. But we can do all things through Christ. Keep up the good work and earnestly contending for the Faith as it was handed down to us.
Thank you Koko *big hug*
lol, yes the ‘open heaven’ is just as bad as Benny Hinns ‘2 minute window’ from God to give to Benny/God and to become a millionaire. But just 2 minutes…that’s it.
Ah yes! Benny Hinn. He was in Africa recently and the venue or stadium was packed. How folks still can’t see through the deception….. I pray God opens their eyes.
This is the BEST article on this topic I have read in all of my 8 years of research/studying. It ties everything together and gives me the BIG picture instead of just bits and pieces of the puzzle. It shows how all of the “church” movements that I have been studying about and coming into contact with in my own life are coming together into one and being used by Satan to set up his kingdom on earth. I felt like I had been missing something, and you just gave me the missing piece! Thank you so much! Now I have better understanding and a clear view. May God bless you for your work and dedication to Him. You are such a blessing to so many people!
Thank you Colleen! :hi5:
We give all the praise to Jesus Christ. 🙂
In fact looking at it again there are many new things I can add, many updates as everything merges into a One World Religion. I’ll update this article soon.
See this article on a new “Passion Translation” being release today, 500 years to the day of Martin Luthers 95 statements being “hammered” to the church door.
They are REALLY twisting the TRUTH now . . . . :dazed:
This is interesting. This FIRE in the church is so Satanic. The PASSION (FIRE) of the Eucharist Christ.
Is it possible to forward me yours or Thomas Lessing’s e-mail address? (Re-Personal)
Hi William :hi:
You can email email@example.com and I will forward your email to Tom.
Thank you Deborah
I appreciate your quick response.
Email forwarded to Tom, I too have replied to you. :nod:
39) Rise of the Issachar Prophets!
40) The Third Day Church Arising
41) Going back to our Jewish Roots
12) Extra-biblical teaching (added videos – on “Jesus needed to be born again”.)
42) Latter Rain / NAR warns of Kundalini spirit.
Added pictures of Apostles with Pope Francis.
I trust you are well.
As I have commented on another of your threads the silence of the scriptures on a lot of this stuff is deafening and should be enough to raise suspicions. The closest thing I can find in the scriptures to a gateway is the gate that leads to life. But, it as a narrow gate and a difficult way and few there be that find it.
You said “The closest thing I can find in the scriptures to a gateway is the gate that leads to life. But, it as a narrow gate and a difficult way and few there be that find it.”
Indeed, broad is the way to find this “gate” of the Latter Rain New Apostolic Reformation movement, and very sadly many are on it.
Hello EVANG. BUFORD DOWELL,
Could I please ask you not to prostitute a platform to throw bricks? When you throw bricks you cut off ears. It seems to me that you would commend your comments to a wider audience if you would present reasoned arguments from the sacred scriptures and do so with grace, seasoned with salt.
Tom and Deborah,
Ek dink julle twee moet ‘n byeenkoms reël wat baie groot is. Dan moet julle die waarheid verkonding
39) Rise of the Issachar Prophets!
40) The Third Day Church Arising
41) Going back to our Jewish Roots
aan die werêld dat die mense se oë kan oop gaan. Gaan bid daaroor en dalk wil God julle magtig gebruik. Bid vir julle. Ek is eintlik afrikaans. Mag God julle ryklik seën vir julle groot werk wat julle vir hom doen. Dink baie mense sal tot bekeering kom.
God Bless 🙏 🙏 🙏
Hello, I recently found your page and still have a lot to read through. Are you able to recommend any churches in Gauteng or online that preach/teach sound doctrine?
Hi Zee. We are often asked the same question, “Where can we find a sound biblical church in Gauteng?” The very first thing you need to do is to study the Word from Genesis to Revelation by youjrself and ask the Lord for wisdom.
Here are a few sites you may find interesting.
Tom has an article about what’s its like to be a Christian in these last days.
You can also look at http://www.letusreason.org
Missionary Spencer Smith, needs to see this. I don’t know how to send. He is on U Tube. He is a missionary for Africa.
I think even someone with very basic biblical literacy under the guidance of the real Holy Spirit that guides us into all truth (John 16:13) should be able to see that there are many things wrong with this movement, however if one is not motivated in that direction but is content with these leaders doing one’s thinking and studying, then it’s easy to get to that place of just following whatever THEY say.
But how do we get there? I think in the times before we were so bomdarded with entertainment and media, we read more, studied more, discussed more, listened more, and perhaps even argued more respectfully, and the deeper we are getting into entertainment, not only as youth but even the older adults (we’re all saved by grace, no one is saved by age) we are becoming mentally lazy, vegetatiing in front of big screens and surround sound, and we wonder why mental illness is on the rise
It’s time to get generally literate
It’s time to get BIBLICALLY literate
It’s time to follow the BIBLE prophets in order to discern whether these so-called modern day prophets are really hearing from God….do the biblical prophets agree with their testimony?
Enrico Abrahams. So true and well said.