Andrew Wommack – False Teacher

Andrew-Wommack-2

Bethel Church is becoming his favourite playground for spewing his heresy…

“God has already placed His healing power within us, and it is now under our authority. It isn’t up to God to determine who receives healing; it’s up to us!”

“The Lord never told us to pray for the sick in the sense that we ask Him to heal them. He told us to heal the sick.”

Andrew Wommack, Faith For Healing Is Based On Knowledge.

Andrew Wommack believes in the “Word of Faith” theology that conceives of faith as a force conveyed by words that bring about reality. If you say, “I think I’m going to get a cold” you will actually create the cold (unless someone else counters your negative words by saying something positive). All of this takes place independently of God.

In his series titled “The Believer’s Authority”. Andrew Wommack tells the story of when his infant son kept waking up all through the night with symptoms of croup so severe that he could hardly breathe. This happened every half hour all night long. Finally his mother said, “Admit it Andy, he’s sick.” Andrew Wommack said,

“Man I got right down in her face and stuck my finger in her face and I said, ‘Satan in the name of Jesus I command you to shut up. … And for two days she never said a word. We were on vacation. It was an awesome vacation – you can imagine.”

The Believer’s Authority (https://awmsa.net/product/the-believer-039-s-authority-e-book-pdf)

Andrew Wommack teaches that God gave man all authority on earth, so God Himself had no authority. The reason Jesus had to come in human flesh was to gain that human authority. He teaches that God had limited His own authority by giving it to man such that God was unable to speak Jesus’ body into existence. And so God had to find men to do it on their authority. It took God 4000 years to find enough men with enough combined authority to create Jesus’ body. Apart from the help of men God was unable to create a body for Jesus.

Andrew Wommack utters this blasphemy:

“When (people) see that some sickness, disease, tragedy comes into their life, instead of taking their authority and rebuking the devil and commanding him to leave, instead they go to God … and they beg God, ‘Oh God please change this situation. Oh God please get the devil off my back.’ And it’s not within God’s power and authority. He gave us that power and authority.”

The Believer’s Authority (https://awmsa.net/product/the-believer-039-s-authority-e-book-pdf)

2 Timothy 4:3-4 “3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.”

Source: Robbie van Staden

See all articles on Word of Faith teaching

Please share:

Deborah (Discerning the World)

Deborah Ellish is the author of the above article. Discerning the World is an internet Christian Ministry based in Johannesburg South Africa. Tom Lessing and Deborah Ellish both own Discerning the World. For more information see the About this Website page below the comments section.

23
Please leave a Reply

avatar
 
nodhihatnopeunhappygigglelaughupup2overt2clapyayyahoohi5friendstrucewaitthinkpopiknowcheckreadbettersorrysobfaintohnoscratchunsuredazedthank
 
 
 
4 Comment authors
JOHNRJTom (Discerning the World)Mike EvansTom (Discerning the World) Recent comment authors
Tom (Discerning the World)
Admin

The saddest thing about deception is that thousands, if not millions, are being led astray on a path to hell (Proverbs 14:12). Jesus said:

But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows’ houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. (Matthew 23:13-15).

How many people who would really have wanted to go to heaven, will be in hell one day because someone misled them? I have pleaded with some of our friends who are in The Base Church in Mulderdrift, Krugersdorp, (NAR, WOF) to come out from among them, but to no avail. Quoting to them from the Bible is just plain useless because they have been zapped to believe everything their pastor says from the day he slew them in the spirit and zapped them with a demon who purports to be the Holy Spirit who makes them to speak in tongues. When I read a few passages to my daughter in law word for word from the Bible, she looked at me with blank staring eyes and said, “Dad, that’s just your opinion.” The only thing you can say to them is what Paul once said, “And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more. Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. (Acts 20:25-26). He was, of course referring to Ezekiel 33:1-9.

If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema [eternally accursed] Maranatha. (1 Corinthians 16:22)

Mike Evans
Guest
Mike Evans

I was once deceived by Wommack and the other WOF heretics. I think I read that Copeland declared him to be a prophet or apostle or both. He can be seen in the audience when Copeland pronounced the protest against Catholicism over and bowed to Francis the Talking Pope. It is tragic to see so many taking him seriously when he states that a demon brought about the Reformation. (In truth, Satan hindered and corrupted the Reformation by the retention of doctrines such as infant baptism and the Gnostic doctrines of Calvin.)
Because twisted scripture and the false visions and personal revelations of exalted leaders are the foundation of Pentecostalism, its blinded adherents are nearly impossible to get through to. Like the Galatians, they have been “bewitched”.
One minister I listen to says cult leaders such as Joseph Smith were high level witches whose spirits dominate their followers. As an ex-charismatic who followed shamans like Kenneth Hagin, I believe this is true. Now that I am in my right mind again, I cannot believe how I could have taken people such as him seriously. If you had told me at the age of 13 that I would throw my life away and study at a college run by someone who believed Christ walked into his hospital room and began to chat to him, I’d have laughed and thought it a preposterous notion. Yet multitudes of bewitched people believe all manner of ridiculous things from the mouths of these rich, modern – day versions of Simon the Sorcerer inc numerous trips to heaven, angelic encounters etc. Ironically, those of us speaking against it are viewed as having the spirit of AntiChrist!

Tom (Discerning the World)
Admin
Member

Thanks, Mike for sharing with us your own experiences in the WOF and how God delivered you. A word you used that stood out more clearly to me is “bewitched.” As you know it means to “be in awe of” or “fascinated by.” When speaking to people in the ranks of WOF they always refer to the “power” supposedly exerted by the false apostles and how awesome it is. Although they love to use the well-known verse, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” (Heb 11:1), their faith is actually based on what they see (the things which they allegedly speak into existence by the words of their mouth). It is the exact opposite of Hebrews 11:1. Steve Wilson, a WOF crony Of NCMI who preached at The Base Church, Krugersdorp recently affirms that healing is in the atonement and therefore everyone should live in divine health. He said this with his divine spectacles doing a balancing act on his crooked nose. Oh, wait a minute. wearing glasses is not an indication of some kind of infirmity in the eyes. It is just a way to see the people you are leading astray into hell so much the better.

RJ
Guest
RJ

There’s actually more I want to say about this, but for now (limited time & an almost-dead computer & a sprained wrist.. making it difficult to type…) I will say that I, too, (sigh!!) “fell for” Andrew Womack! Even went to one of his “speeches”…. DH & I looked at each other with crooked smiles when Womack likes to claim he attended Baptist “Cemetary” (he thinks it’s a cute twist of meaning “seminary”, but this is his way of saying it’s SO boring!) Looking back, I, too wonder what on earth I was thinking? And I love my husband with all my heart, but admittedly he falls for whoever calls themselves a Christian!! I simply mean in believing they TRULY ARE just b/c they CLAIM to be. Therefore, he is not a good spiritual leader and just let me go off, following all the whims of charismania!! Like Eve, I was offering him a bite of the forbidden fruit I was indulging in.

Though I was not clear whether that was Andy’s wife or mother who said, “face it, he’s sick” ~ even so, I was soooo glad that was not me in her shoes…. Biting her head off the way he did!! Certainly no respect there.

Okay, get this folks! And Mike Evans, I’m going to borrow from your last line:

“Ironically, those of us speaking against it are viewed as having the spirit of AntiChrist! “

Amen to this! I’ve had a lady who (my DH knows) who helped me quite a bit after major surgery last spring – help by texting, emailing, getting to know each other that way – we have yet to meet for lunch what with differing schedules, so it’s weird, though she lives nearby, we don’t know each other THAT WELL yet.

Well, recently she was trying to tell me about a book by Mark Taylor. I sent her a rather long email explaining how he’s a false prophet. OUCH!! She didn’t like that. See, I live in “charismatic capital” of the world! At any rate, she finally responded telling me she was “taken aback” and that it was HARSH!!!! And that (her words) we won’t know how it (rapture/end times) is going to play out…. Uh, I disagree with THAT statement!! We CAN know if we stick to God’s Word ALONE & quit listening to every Tom, Dick & Harry who comes along claiming they’ve looked into a crystal ball & know the future. From 2 Peter 1: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Also Mark Taylor directly blasphemes the Holy Spirit by claiming, “The Spirit of God says…” [Really ?? Does the Spirit of God tell us WRONG DATES?? And claim the Republicans are going to take the house, when it fact it was the Democrats?? I could go on, but these are prime examples…]

So yes, when we share the Truth, we do get beat up often. But I told my DH that even if it costs me every friend I have, (and believe me, it almost has!) then I must stand on the Word of God & not back down! And I must let people know when they’re following a wolf. If she found it harsh, it’s because I will NOT compromise on the Word of God – or be Miss Goodie Two Shoes about it, afraid I’m going to “hurt someone’s feelings”!!

Just about every female I know still “follows” and cherishes Joyce Meyer. (I did, too, at one time…. Till I came to my senses!) Praise Him for letting His prodigals come Home!

BTW, question for you, Mike: one year we went to Rhema merely to see the Christmas lights (pretty spectacular), but had first stopped for a root beer float – which meant I needed to use their facilities! At first, they refused to even allow me to go to the bathroom. They finally relented, but I had to “sign in”…. you woulda’ thought I was walking into a SECRETIVE masonic lodge or something…. Because on my return trip back down the hall, they actually SENT A SECURITY GUARD to toss me out of there!!! Good gravy!! What’s up with that??!! WHY BE SO SECRETIVE if it’s a “church”…?? WHAT’S THAT ALL ABOUT ANYWAY??!! Ohhh!!! Wait a minute!!! Because it’s a C U L T maybe??!!!!! And I didn’t know the “secret handshake”.

Lord willing, I’ll aim to come back & write more when I have the time & opportunity.

P.S. Tom, I often think of that funny thing, too — how the “healing” preachers wear glasses!! grin Many aren’t aware that Joyce Meyer had a mastectomy some years ago (she would TELL US to “believe” for good health) unhappy Also how do charismatics “EXPLAIN” when one of their own dies??? Didn’t have enough faith?? EX: Billy Joe Daugherty at the young age of 57.
If that sounds harsh, well it’s the truth.

Tom (Discerning the World)
Admin

HI RJ. Thank you for your comment. You wrote something that happens frequently in family circles. You said:

Looking back, I, too wonder what on earth I was thinking? And I love my husband with all my heart, but admittedly he falls for whoever calls themselves a Christian!! I simply mean in believing they TRULY ARE just b/c they CLAIM to be. Therefore, he is not a good spiritual leader and just let me go off,

Most wives and husbands are led astray by their own spouses because they love their partners so much and do not want to hurt them. We’ve been indoctrinated by the lie that when you reproof, rebuke, and exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine (2 Timothy 4:2) you are unloving, pharisaical, and harsh. Well, Jesus said something completely different.

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household. (Matthew 10:34-36)

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me is not worthy of me. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. (Matthew 10:37-39)

I am not saying this is happening in your household; not at all. However, all of us should bear this in mind.

RJ
Guest
RJ

Tom, you’re absolutely right of course! Another “Eve ploy” called passing the buck! Fortunately at that time, my husband just paid no never mind to my babbling about “Joyce Meyer is the greatest thing since sliced bread!” or my listening to Andrew Wommack or Charles Capps / et al. I’m just thankful, so, so thankful to heaven that I never attended this one church where it was very common every service to push ppl backwards!! “slain in the spirit” …Oh my!!! I’d hate to think if I would’ve received THAT spirit!!

And how hypocritical of me to expect my “friend” to accept reproof – when, I ADMIT, those some 20 years ago, I was in no frame of mind to hear it from my husband either!!!! Tom, yes, people DO see us as harsh & unloving… when it fact, we’re doing it OUT OF LOVE. Ref: Jude 22

I like to think I’ve grown in my Christian walk since then though and have calmed down and am at least trying to be more submissive to my husband. Ladies, please note, this does NOT mean we are to submit to EVERY man!! Not even church leadership has a right nor authority to “lord it over us”!! 1 Peter 5:3

And being submissive to our own husbands also does not mean we must be subservient or anything! It means treating them in a dignified way and with great respect! You know how it is – how easy it is for us to treat others outside the home with respect and show our best sides to them. Yet we can learn from each other & from what the Lord expects, to be kind, caring, and patient.. “LOVING”.. with our own spouses and family members as well.

Remember, the Lord finds it VERY PRECIOUS for us to have quiet and gentle spirits! Ref: 1 Peter 3:4 This does not mean we’re NOT ALLOWED to talk – no, no, no! But just about myself here, the way I was brought up, I find it very easy to grumble often (which was a full-time hobby at my house) – uh, so I do this too often! And no one wants to hear that all the time! So much negativity, not enough peace.

I must remind myself often to find good things to THINK on (Phil 4:8) and as a result, will then speak about. Plus I try to not yack on and on endlessly to him as he’s coming home tired, with so much on his mind from work. Thus the reason we ladies need friends.

I must chuckle at a little secret, up till now known only to me: I am the type who’s particular about which coffee mug I drink from – got a new set – but since my husband doesn’t care nor give any thought to which one he drinks from – I kept pouring his drinks in the OLD beat-up scratched up ones. YIKES!!! I know this is a tiny little thing –and my gracious husband wouldn’t give a whit about it. But one morning I was actually convicted to start serving his drinks in the new, NICE mugs!! So what if he knocked it over & broke it? Could always buy another… Know what ladies? That one teeny-little thing helped me to start treating him better overall!!! So yep, the little things DO count, too!!

Thanks Tom, for taking the time to share this reminder! I really do appreciate it!

Also, I’m at a bit of a crossroads here, and I’d appreciate the counsel of other godly people. My “friend” I’ve mentioned… do I proceed with the friendship? And AGREE TO DISAGREE (as she wants to do) & simply not discuss prophecy and/or FALSE teachers..? [as she says there are so many other things we could talk about) What about Amos 3:3? Sigh! I AM praying about this!! From what little I know of her, I do like her a lot and I do not have a large circle of friends, (VERY FEW in fact!) and no family – so I NEED friends!! Overall though that doesn’t play into it as much as I merely want to please the Lord. Still though, she’d obviously be one I could never share Biblical info/doctrine with. And don’t we hate it when we feel we must have a shield up! Anyone who can offer godly counsel here, I want to thank you in advance.

Tom (Discerning the World)
Admin
Member

Hi RJ. Thank you for your comment. I have read it attentively but need some time to get my thoughts together. All I can say now, is that I have lost many friends and yes, it hurts. My wife has also lost a few friends because of me being so forthright and to the point in my approach to contend for the faith once delivered to us by the apostles. I laughed when you wrote about the mugs. It seems to be common among women. Oops! sorry.

JOHN
Guest
JOHN

Respectfully, does the Holy Spirit say in His Word that we need no man to teach us, and that He will lead us and guide us unto all truth? I am not denying the role of teachers and others, but I ask: but wasn’t this the reason Jesus, the Christ of God, came, lived, and died for us? That we might have fellowship again with the Father? Is there not an intimacy afforded us that we might know Him personally? One of the bedrocks of any relationship is communication. What person do you know that you only write to? Jesus Christ is the Word of God. And I am thankful He is forever making intercession for me. He is recorded as saying His sheep “hear” His voice, and another they will not follow; it doesn’t say “read” my voice. Has the Holy Spirit quit working in manifestations(gifts)? Is God’s Word not the same yesterday, today, and forever? I just want to make sure the workings of God are not denied. I pray your whole spirit, soul, and body prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers. Spirt, soul, body. Father, Son, Holy Ghost. We are made in His image, and born of His seed. We must know His voice. Israel read the Holy Scriptures. So can we. If it is not mixed with faith, we still deny His Son. Be blessed and may God direct your ways. Much love….

Tom (Discerning the World)
Admin

Hi John. Are you saying Andrew Wommack is not a false teacher? You wrote:

Respectfully, does the Holy Spirit say in His Word that we need no man to teach us, and that He will lead us and guide us unto all truth?

Jesus says:

These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. (1 John 2:26-27)

Tom (Discerning the World)
Admin
Member

Olaf wrote:

Jesus Christ is the Word of God. And I am thankful He is forever making intercession for me. He is recorded as saying His sheep “hear” His voice, and another they will not follow; it doesn’t say “read” my voice. Has the Holy Spirit quit working in manifestations(gifts)?

Do you hear Jesus Christ’s audible voice speaking to you? When you’ve read something He written in Scripture, do you wait for Him to speak the very same words you’ve read to validate what He has written in his Word?

Tom (Discerning the World)
Admin
Member

Hi JOHN. You wrote:

Has the Holy Spirit quit working in manifestations(gifts)? Is God’s Word not the same yesterday, today, and forever? I just want to make sure the workings of God are not denied.

What do you mean by “manifestations?” Are you referring to signs, wonders and miracles? John the Baptist never performed a single miracle (manifestation of the Holy Spirit) and yet Jesus said of him, “For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist.” (Luke 7:28). You can be sure that God’s workings through John the Baptist was not denied. Even his beheading was not a denial of his workings. Agreed?

JOHN
Guest
JOHN

Thank you Tom, and Olaf.

Tom, I am not for, or against, Mr. Womack. I am for Jesus Christ and the rightly divided Word of God that is a discerner of the thoughts and the intent of the heart. The “quoted” sayings of Mr. Womack are not provided in the context of the full conversation, but definitely look contrary both to the Spirit, and the letter of the Word. In John’s first letter, he he did say that the anointing, which we have received since the beginning abides “in” us, will teach us.

Olaf, you asked if when reading the Word if I wait until “hear” a voice to validate His written Word. No. I feed on the written Word. There are “ah ha!” moments that I see a deeper meaning than I have seen before; and I believe that is by the enlightening of the Holy Ghost. You asked if I hear the voice of Jesus Christ audibly. I do. I am still a little unclear whether I am hearing Jesus Christ, the Father, or the Holy Ghost. I really haven’t concerned myself with that much. But it HAS TO AGREE WITH THE WRITTEN WORD of God, and not be contrary to His Spirit. But I do hear His voice. Sometimes it is audible, in clear and precise words, like “go this way, or that”. Other times it is a leading, or knowing. I’m not sure what qualifies as “hearing”, but He does speak. Thank you for asking.

Tom, I am referring to the gifts, or manifestation, of the Spirit mentioned in I Cor 12:7. An endowment from God, to overflowing, to be of profit to all. A grace given by the Creator. Yes, John the Baptist was the greatest prophet that had been. And, He was definitely used by God without any recorded “miracles and signs”. Except he leaped in his mother’s womb when he sensed the presence of his cousin. Jesus also said he would be least in the kingdom. But then I consider the “least” will be the “greatest” and the “greatest shall be the least”, etc. As for the issues of tongues; I’ve heard different disparaging references to them as of late. Many arguments peer only at the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on Pentecost, when every man heard the gospel in their own language. When Paul was mentioning the use of gifts in the assembly, he referred to both speaking in the tongues of men, and of angels. But without love, everything including gifts, wisdom, knowledge, study, works, etc., are nothing. Let us build each other up.

Thanks again, guys. Much love, John

Tom (Discerning the World)
Admin
Member

JOHN WROTE

But I do hear His voice. Sometimes it is audible, in clear and precise words, like “go this way, or that”. Other times it is a leading, or knowing. I’m not sure what qualifies as “hearing”, but He does speak. Thank you for asking.

I’m a little confused. Do you mean He audibly tells you to “go here or there” in some sense like a GPS?

False Teacher Andrew Wommack (Whoa Mac!) Really, Stop! Stop Teaching Heresy!

JOHN
Guest
JOHN

Tom, Yes, he gives me audible directions. I could go many testimonies, but if you ask questions, it might make the communication go a little faster. He told me who my wife who my wife was, and he told her I was her husband. We knew each other 10 days before we were engaged. I was asked to take a cut in pay, and drive a lot further to my job, and make less. But when God said “do it”, I obeyed. I was only out there tw0 weeks, and met my wife. That was almost 40 years ago.

He told me to come be alone with him one time. I had my thoughts of what that meant. I told Him He would have to confirm it in my wife’s heart, since we had a new born daughter. After a series of events, I obeyed. My idea was to go to the mountains and find a shack. But on the way, He redirected my path to go to NYC. That whole experience was a “turn here”. Get out here at this time. Go North. Be last on the bus. On and on and on… It was a trek I will forever be thankful for. I have heard the words “be his friend” when I had no connection with the person. He speaks almost daily. It depends how attentive I am.

It isn’t always that straight forward, But He is always there to direct my path. John

Tom (Discerning the World)
Admin
Member

JOHN wrote:

Many arguments peer only at the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on Pentecost, when every man heard the gospel in their own language. When Paul was mentioning the use of gifts in the assembly, he referred to both speaking in the tongues of men, and of angels.

Paul never insisted that they spoke in both the tongues of men and angels. He was speaking hypothetically that even IF men had the ability to speak in the tongues of angels, it would be worthless without love. Please stop twisting Scripture. It is exceedingly unloving. You can end your comments with “Much Love” as much as you want. It won’t mean a thing when you twist Scripture.

Tom (Discerning the World)
Admin
Member

Hi JOHN. Have you read The Shack by William P. Young?

JOHN
Guest
JOHN

Tom, yes. It is kind of like a gps; but a better representation would be having Him there in person. Go that way, or this. I mentioned the trip I ended up going to NYC. He told me to be at a specific spot at a specific time. The first ride I caught was going all the way to NYC from Colorado Springs. As we approached Indianapolis, He told me to get out and go north. I questioned Him on this. Ha. The people kindly dropped me off on the north side. The first ride I got was with a Capt. in the Indiana State Troopers. He said he was dead set against hitch hikers, but he needed someone to talk to. All the rides and appointments to NYC and while in NYC, were for ministry purposes. All the rides back to Kansas ministered to me. I believe He want each of us to be led by His Spirit. It will never contradict the written logos, or Word. That was one illustration the Lord used in my life to set a course for me. That was in 1983. He has been faithful ever since. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the Sons of God. Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the (rhema) Word of God. Or spoken word of God. Whatever is not of faith, is sin. The Lord gave me 3 scriptures when I first came to Him, that set my course.

Matt 6:33
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
KJV

Phil 2:13
13 because God is always at work in you to make you willing and able to obey his own purpose.

Rom 8:14
14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
NASU

Tom (Discerning the World)
Admin

May I ask: Do you and your wife speak in heavenly tongues (of angels); do you have visions, dreams and revelations; have you seen Jesus Christ personally? You quoted Romans 8:14, “For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.” I have never heard Jesus Christ speaking to me in an audible voice. Am I not lead by the Spirit of God and, therefore, not a son of God?

Mike Evans
Guest
Mike Evans

Hi RJ,
Sorry to take so long to answer your question.
I have only recently read your insightful comment.
In the mid ’80’s, Rhema in Tulsa (the heretical capital of the universe) was pretty strict (ie. like nazis) towards students. If you weren’t seated by the bell, you had to get an absence form. Three absences and you automatically failed the class. People perceived to disobey the dress code were sent home. I thought things had loosened up a while ago. Had not heard of SS men doing bathroom duty. How weird.
I think Bethel in Redding with their school of witchcraft is the Rhema of the 21st century. Hagin and co are seen as passè or “the old guard”. Hagin often spoke of a (false) prophecy of his regarding an army of faith soldiers conquering the world which I believe referred to the grads of Rhema . His version of Joel’s Army which I guess he stole from Branham, who he admired despite claiming to have foretold his “Elijah error and death”. He was a pallbearer at his funeral. He also shared platforms with Paul Csin, so my theory is that the birth and growth of the NAR is due to a great degree to the Rhema phenomenon of the last quarter of the 20th century. It’s all connected. I got out after learning about the NAR and then discovering Rhema people were joined to them. I then examined Hagin’s visions of “Jesus” and realized I had been bewitched by another Joseph Smith, Ellen G. White etc. Challenging him to WOF space cadets is like challenging the Pope to a Catholic.
Copeland and others are now fully on the NAR band wagon. He gets my vote for the most demonised minister on the planet, which is saying a lot. His connection to Wommsck (who has a fable about raising his adult son from the dead) is telling.
I read yesterday on the Reformation Charlotte website that an African WOF pastor is out of it but is now a Calvinist minister who believes he at last has the truth. How sad that so many trade one false gospel for another. Calvinism may be the antithesis of charismania from one angle, but its doctrinrs are just as elitist and Gnostic. I thank the Lord for sparing me going down that pathway, as Deborah nearly did too.

JOHN
Guest
JOHN

Tom, I would like to apologize for ignorantly posting to your site. I had not explored your site to know your beliefs. I was searching something else out and came across it. I then saw Mr. Womack’s name and was curious what the article said. Again, my apologies and hope you hold no ill will towards my postings. I pray that God will bless, and keep you, and draw you ever closer to Himself. Much love, John

JOHN
Guest
JOHN

Tom, I saw you had written a couple more things I had not responded to. No. I have not read the shack. You inferred I was twisting scripture. The statement that was combined with that was” Paul never insisted…they speak in tongues”. I agree. He never did; and I never said He did. I noticed in your writings on another page you brought up Rev 22, when it says not to add to this book. It also says don’t take away. I apologize again for apparently offending you by saying much love. I’m sorry but out of the abundance of my heart, the mouth speaks. I am certainly not going to end in “Much contention”. Paul said they had no such custom among them. But they did have love. These are a couple of versus that support my comments about my personal understanding, and experience with the issue of tongues.

1 Cor 14:18
18 I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:

19 Yet IN the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.
KJV

1 Cor 14:14-15
14 For IF I pray in an unknown tongue, MY SPIRIT PRAYETH, but MY UNDERSTANDING IS UNFRUITFUL.

15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, AND I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, AND I will sing with the understanding also.
KJV

Jude 20-21
20 But ye, beloved, BUILDING UP YOURSELVES UP yourselves on your most holy faith, PRAYING IN THE HOLY GHOST,

21 KEEP YOURSELVES IN THE LOVE OF GOD, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
KJV

If you feel you must contend for something, and not share in the fellowship and love of Christ, and His Word, I will let you be. I’ll die, that you may live. I never meant to promote any righteousness of myself, because I don’t have any. You are the righteous reverend here. Mu..I can’t say much love, here. If it’s ok with you, I just ask God to bless you with whatever you need, according to His riches in glory. Peace

Tom (Discerning the World)
Admin

JOHN

Love and Truth go together. You cannot pretend to love someone when you teach things contrary to the Word of God, let alone say that you love God. Being deceived and deceiving others is not love. When Paul said, “I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all,” he did not mean that he spoke in various unknown or heavenly tongues. If he had, not even the unbelievers who had no part in the assembly of believers would be able tot understand his heavenly tongues. I see you emphasized “IN” the church in verse 19. The fact is that Paul was greatly concerned about the Corinthians infatuation with speaking in tongues IN the assembly. For Paul it was another proof of their spiritual immaturity and worldliness or carnality (cf 3:1-3) which he sincerely hoped would change when they heard the truth about the gift of tongues. His main concern was to show them that prophecy (preaching the Word of God in the power of the Spirit, NOT foretelling the future) was much more important for the assembled church. Different Tongues could not edify the church when the other members could not understand those who spoke in various known tongues (not tongues of angels or heavenly tongues). What this means is that Paul who could speak, for argument’s sake, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Afrikaans, Zulu, Tswana, Swahili, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, English, Russian, etc. would not speak any of these languages in church because it could not edify any church assembly who could not understand these languages. He would only speak these languages when he spoke to an assembly of Germans, French, Italians, Dutch people etc. And this is precisely the reason why Paul wrote, “Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is not for unbelievers but for believers” (1 Corinthians 14:12). To emphasize the possible dangers of speaking in tongues without any edifying purposes, he reminded the Corinthians what happened in Isaiah 28:11-12. Because of Israel’s rebellion and disobedience to God’s message proclaimed to them by the prophets, Isaiah predicted that another message would come. This one would be delivered in a foreign language which they did not understand. The foreign tongue symbolized God’s rejection of Israel (Deut. 28:49; Isaiah 33:19).

Concerning the alleged speaking in a heavenly tongue or of angels, the following. Anyone who claims to speak in the tongue or tongues of angels is disobeying God. When Paul was raptured into the third heaven, he said, “It is necessary to boast, though nothing is gained by it; but I will go on to visions and revelations of the Lord. I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know, [only] God knows—such a man was caught up to the third heaven. And I know that such a man—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, [only] God knows—was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words which man is not permitted to speak [words too sacred to tell].(2 Corinthians 12:1-4). And yet, unlike Paul who was too humble to admit that he was that man, false teachers boast that they speak in heavenly or angelic tongues without any compunction or shame. Note carefully, Paul said he heard “inexpressible words” (NOT tongues or languages. There is only ONE holy language in heaven. Had there been more, there also would have been sin because languages, as you know, was a sign of man’s sinfulness) “which man is NOT PERMITTED to speak” because of its extreme hallowedness. JOHN, when you and your wife speak in angelic tongues, as you said, how do you know you are not blaspheming God?

By the way, I just LOVE your loving sarcasm when you said, “You are the righteous reverend here.” Stop being facetious. It is unloving.

Tom (Discerning the World)
Admin
Member

JOHN wrote:

Tom, I would like to apologize for ignorantly posting to your site. I had not explored your site to know your beliefs. I was searching something else out and came across it. I then saw Mr. Womack’s name and was curious what the article said. Again, my apologies and hope you hold no ill will towards my postings. I pray that God will bless, and keep you, and draw you ever closer to Himself. Much love, John

You have no need to apologize to me or this site. What you and your wife must do is to apologize to Jesus for your disobedience when you allegedly speak in angelic or heavenly tongues while Paul explicitly said it is forbidden.