The Nephilim (Fallen Angels) Controversy

The Nephilim Controversy – The Book of Enoch

Very few people seem to realize that the Nephilim theory is a Neo-Gnostic, New Age teaching and emphatic denial of the uniqueness of Jesus Christ’s incarnation.

Book of Enoch

Genesis 6:1-7

And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Please note that the words “men” and “man” appear no less than ten times in this passage. That alone indicates that we’re dealing with normal human beings and not fallen angels.

Nonetheless, some venture to call as witnesses Job 1 verse 6, 2 verse, 1, Jude 1 verse 6 and even Genesis 18 to prove that the sons of God were not human beings but fallen angels who entered into a marital relationship with the daughters of men and spawned children of flesh and blood (Nephilim; giants).

Pastor Steve Cioccolanti of Discover Ministries who says he is a great admirer of TD Jakes is an avid promulgator of the Nephilim theory and has made several YouTube videos on the end time. Here’s one of them.

Bush Obama Hybrid - The Nephilim (Fallen Angels) Controversy

WARNING: The compiled photograph of Bush and Obama is NOT an example of a Hybrid – the offspring of cross-breeding or the mixing of the DNA of two different entities. It is a very clever manipulation of two different photos – the one of Bush and the other of Obama – with the help of Paintshop

The Nephilim Doctrine Blasphemes God and His Son

Nephilim amopng us

The argument that the sons of God in Genesis 6 were fallen angels who took to themselves wives, had a “normal” sexual relationship with them and produced an offspring of giants in the time of Noah, is not only completely unbiblical but illogical. In fact, as we shall see later, this doctrine is pure blasphemy.

The reason why I dare to come down so hard on this doctrine is that it provides unbelievers and especially atheists an opportunity to blaspheme God and his Son.

What they usually say, is, “OK, You say that a fallen angel was able to marry and have sex with women to produce offspring who were gargantuan giants.

To have done this the fallen angels must have become flesh and blood because a spirit cannot possibly have sex with a woman. Where does your doctrine on the unique incarnation of Jesus Christ leave you? You no longer have a foot to stand on when you claim that He was the only one who had been incarnated supernaturally.”

Let’s assume it was fallen angels who saw that the daughters of men were beautiful and took unto themselves wives as much as they chose. It is imperative that we look at the word “chose” for a brief moment.

The word “chose” is very important because it tells us what Genesis 6 is really all about. From the very outset, God’s choice for a man (not angels) was that a marriage should not be an unequally yoked relationship between believers and unbelievers.

The inevitable question is: why was it then and why is it still now not God’s will that believers marry unbelievers?

The main reason is that God intended the marital relationship between one man and one woman to reflect Christ’s relationship with his bride (the entire body of believers).

The most obvious reason why God wanted believers to marry among themselves and not to tie the knot with unbelievers was to stem the tide of sin and rebellion among the believers themselves.

One of the most common consequences of a marriage between believers and unbelievers is that the believer usually begins to compromise his/her faith and holy lifestyle – presumably for the sake of love, peace, and harmony – and very often become lukewarm in their love for and obedience to God.

There are many examples in Scripture that attest to this unfortunate phenomenon.

I have heard many a young woman say: “As a Christian, I will be able to change my fiance or husband for the sake of Christ.” Forget it! You will never change him. If you were able to change him/her in a marital bond God would never have commanded you not to marry an unbeliever.

The most important reason why a believer should only marry a believer only is the following.

The marriage is supposed to be a microcosm of God’s relationship with believers and not unbelievers. Paul describes the purpose of a marriage between believers in his epistle to the Ephesians.

Ephesians 5:21-27

Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

The Old Testament expression to “cleave unto his wife” (Genesis 2:24) is another way of saying that the husband should love his wife as God loved the church.

This love is the highest and most magnanimous expression of love. It is the “agapao” or “agape” love which only a believer is able to express for his/her spouse.

An unbeliever cannot express the “agapao” or “agape” love for his/her spouse. An unbeliever’s love is limited to the “eros” and ” phileo” love. And this is precisely the reason why a believer may not marry an unbeliever.

Genesis 6 depicts the lust-fulness of man and his rebellious wantonness to satisfy his own carnal desires when he took unto himself beautiful and desirable women as many as he pleased. They did not only lust after women but also lusted after absolute power and expressed it in unmitigated violence. (Genesis 6:11).

When Jesus said, “And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man” (Luke 17:26), He was not only referring to daily human activities such as eating, drinking, and marriages. He was referring also to the extreme violence in those days.

It was probably also the time when harems were first instituted and men began to fill them with as many women as they wished, as a token of their power, pride, and reputation (renown).

It was customary in the ancient Near East – even in the times of King David – for a conqueror who wished to indicate his succession to the king, to usurp the king’s harem and to lie with his concubines. (2 Samuel 16:21-23).

As far as this is concerned, King David was no better than his son Absolom.

Wasn’t it this sin of wantonness and power that led him to lie with another man’s wife and eventually have the man killed?

These particular sins of wantonness, pride, renown, reputation and aggrandizement (in their wanton desire to expand their power, wealth, rank and honour) all started in Genesis 6.

It was never God’s will for man to have many wives, let alone a whole harem full of concubines.

It has always been his will, from the creation, that he should have one wife to whom he should cling and become one flesh in marriage. Instead, the sons of God (the believers) took wives from the ranks of unbelievers as many wives as they pleased and began to rebel against God.

There are several examples of how this sin continued to devastate the lives, not only of kings but of the peoples’ they ruled over. We only have to mention two examples.

The one is King Solomon who had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

Despite God’s stern warning and command that he may not marry women from other nations, he rebelled against God and was eventually enticed into idolatry by his many wives and concubines.

Already in Deuteronomy God warned the Israelite:

When thou art come unto the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, and shalt possess it, and shalt dwell therein, and shalt say, I will set a king over me, like as all the nations that are about me; Thou shalt in any wise set him king over thee, whom the LORD thy God shall choose: one from among thy brethren shalt thou set king over thee: thou mayest not set a stranger over thee, which is not thy brother. But he shall not multiply horses to himself, nor cause the people to return to Egypt, to the end that he should multiply horses: forasmuch as the LORD hath said unto you, Ye shall henceforth return no more that way. Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold. (Deuteronomy 17:14-17).

Many false teachers in the WOF and NAR camp say, “King Solomon was rich so why can’t I be rich too?” They have never read Deuteronomy 17:14-17,

The other example is Esau.

When Esau saw that Isaac had blessed Jacob, and sent him away to Padanaram, to take him a wife from thence; and that as he blessed him he gave him a charge, saying, Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan;

And that Jacob obeyed his father and his mother, and was gone to Padanaram;

And Esau seeing that the daughters of Canaan pleased not Isaac his father;

Then went Esau unto Ishmael, and took unto the wives which he had Mahalath the daughter of Ishmael Abraham’s son, the sister of Nebajoth, to be his wife. (Genesis 28:6-9)

Some may argue that Esau was an unbeliever and was, therefore, free to marry whomsoever he pleased. Not so. God had forbidden the children of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob to marry the Canaanite women.

Nonetheless, let’s assume it was fallen angels who saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and took for themselves wives of all which they chose.

Such a notion is absurd to start with because women of flesh and blood cannot marry invisible spirit beings, let alone have sexual intercourse and procreate offspring with them . . . or can they? We will deal with this alleged phenomenon a little later.

The Lord Jesus Christ Himself said in Matthew 22.

Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.

Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. (Matthew 22:28-30)

Chuck MIssler - The Nephilim (Fallen Angels) Controversy

It is obvious that once individuals have received glorified bodies they are no longer subject to death and therefore the need for procreation – one of the main purposes of marriage – will no longer be necessary.

If the holy angels in heaven do not marry and procreate why would anyone in his right mind believe that fallen angels are capable of marrying earthly women and having kids with them?

For spirit entities like fallen angels to have had married and cohabited with earthly women of flesh and blood to produce the Nephilim (giants), they would have had to become flesh and blood themselves.

For argument’s sake let’s assume the invisible spirit beings (fallen angels) had partaken of flesh and blood to marry and cohabit with the daughters of men.

The question we ought to ask then is WHO INCARNATED THEM? Did they incarnate themselves or did God incarnate them? Someone had to incarnate them.

It is obvious that they could not have miraculously turned themselves into flesh and blood. Therefore, only God remains as the One who must have incarnated them so that they could marry and cohabit with the daughters of men.

He alone is capable of incarnating spirit beings.

The next important question we need to ask ourselves is: WOULD GOD HAVE WANTED TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT? WHY WOULD HE HAVE WANTED TO INCARNATE FALLEN ANGELS? – unless, of course, He created all the angels, including those who fell into rebellion and sin with Satan, with the ability to procreate but forbade them to marry. We will deal with this a little later as well.

If God – the only Person who has the power to incarnate invisible spirit beings – incarnated fallen angels, He would have been an accomplice or partner in their sin as it is depicted in Jude 1 verses 6 and 7. (We will come to the true meaning of this controversial section later).

This brings us now to several blasphemous abominations of this doctrine.

The Nephilim Doctrine implies that Jesus Christ’s Incarnation was not Unique

Elizabeht Clare-Prophet
Origins of Evil Clare Prophet

Had it been true that fallen angels became flesh and blood so that they could marry and cohabit with the daughters of men to produce children of their own (how else would they have been able to marry and cohabit with women of flesh and blood if they had not become flesh and blood?), then Jesus Christ was not the only Person, who – like the angels pre-existed as an invisible Being – was incarnated by the Holy Spirit.

Do you see how this infamous doctrine attacks and derides one of the essential doctrines of Christianity, i.e. the virgin birth of Jesus Christ?

It opens wide the door to MOCKERS who believe that Jesus Christ’s unique incarnation is questionable. “Do you see? Jesus Christ was not the only One who was incarnated. Countless fallen angels were also incarnated so that they could marry and have sex with earthly women,” is what they throw at you.

The Nephilim Doctrine Implies that God Spawned His Son With Mary in the Very Same Way Human Beings Produce their Offspring

In one of my Internet debates on the Nephilim in Genesis 6 a woman who clearly was inspired by a demon (1 Timothy 4:1) wrote the following blasphemous comment.

Thomas, I must say I find you very amusing because you apparently believe that people have to be married to procreate?

Sadly it’s a state of affairs that occurs on a daily basis whether it was God’s intended purpose or not.

Even God had a child out of wedlock. In fact he had a child with a woman who was engaged to and then married another man.

Now I will admit that the bible does not say that Mary had INTERCOURSE or even SEX with God, but it does very clearly state that she became pregnant with Jesus through/from/by/of the Holy Spirit/Ghost (Matthew 1:18) depending on which version you read, pretty much leaving the reader/interpreter to draw their own conclusions.

Then you question why people believe that angels had sex with humans? Maybe they didn’t have SEX or INTERCOURSE with them but conceived children in the same manner that God conceived a child with Mary and people just assumed they had sex because, well by gosh, that’s how they would do it!

How do you answer someone who divulges in drivel and blasphemy like this? You trust the Holy Spirit to lead you in the whole truth (John 16:13) and to give you the answer.

Take note that the woman said, “Maybe they didn’t have SEX or INTERCOURSE with them but conceived children in the same manner that God conceived a child with Mary and people just assumed they had sex because, well by gosh, that’s how they would do it!”

If it had at all been possible for fallen angels to produce offspring without having to have intercourse with the daughters of men, they would have had to spawn children in the very same way God incarnated his Son.

This again would mean that we must attribute to fallen angels the very same power God alone possesses to incarnate a spirit being without having to marry and have intercourse with a woman.

Her choice of words in the sentence “Even God had a child out of wedlock. In fact, he had a child with a woman who was engaged to and then married another man” suggests that God committed adultery when He willfully and illegally took another man’s wife to bring forth his Son.

Needless to say, this is the kind of blasphemy you spread when you believe in the Sci-Fi nonsense that fallen angels married the daughters of men and produced Nephilim (giants) on the earth.

How did God Incarnate His Son?”

Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: (Hebrews 10:5).

God prepared a body for his Son in Mary’s womb as He had done for the first Adam when He created him. It is one of the reasons why Jesus is called the Second Adam (1 Corinthians 15:45).

Note carefully, God did not force Mary to present her womb as a vehicle for the incarnation (the preparation of a body for Him) and the birth of his Son.

And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

For with God nothing shall be impossible.

And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her. (Luke 1:31-38).

God is almighty. Nothing is impossible with Him. Therefore, He was able to use a young woman’s womb to prepare a body for his Son without having to use a man of flesh and blood to spawn his Son in the usual manner.

I am not saying that God created Jesus in the same way He created Adam. Jesus has always been the uncreated eternal Son of God. He is God, equal to his Father and the Holy Spirit who has no beginning and no end.

That is why God only needed to prepare a body for Him in the womb of a woman who was willing to be used as the vehicle for his incarnation.

I mention these things to demonstrate how easy it is to fall into error when you believe a lie and eat it like cake. The first lie bakes its own lies and so it goes on until you have become a full-fledged apostate.

The Nephilim Doctrine Implies that Jesus was not Crucified for All Men Only but also for The Angels Who Supposedly Became Flesh and Blood

Let us once again argue from the hypothesis that fallen angels became flesh and blood, married the daughters of men and produced the Nephilim (giants) with them.

If this were true, it would of necessity mean that the incarnated fallen angels and their offspring with the daughters of men whom they ostensibly married, could be saved and inherit God’s Kingdom in heaven. How do we know this?

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. (Hebrews 2:14-15).

Surely, the children of the incarnated fallen angels and the women they married according to Genesis 6 were all partakers of flesh and blood and as such Jesus must have had become flesh and blood and died on the cross in their behalf as well.

Do I hear a loud “NO! That’s impossible. Jesus did not die for them.”? Guess what? They’re quite right. Jesus did not become flesh and blood to die on a cross for demons.

And yet they believe that demons became flesh and blood to marry the daughters of men and produce children (Nephilim or giants) making them legitimate candidates for the same salvation bestowed on mankind.

Their entire premise is an outright denial of what Paul wrote in Hebrews 2: 14-15 and of what John wrote in John 3:16 which very clearly states that God so loved the entire world (all the partakers of flesh and blood) that He sent his only begotten Son to pay the penalty for their sins on the cross.

It follows that even the fallen angels who allegedly became partakers of flesh and blood so that they could marry and have kids with the daughters of men had the same opportunity as their wives to repent and be saved. As you can see, this infamous doctrine derides the entire doctrine of salvation and sanctification.

This is the absurd conclusion one will have to come to if you believe that fallen angels became partakers of flesh and blood to have intercourse with their earthly wives and have kids of their own.

The most common assumption among Christians is that fallen angels cannot be saved despite them having been incarnated to marry the daughters of men because God “has reserved [them] in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.” (Jude 1:6).

This only elaborates the absurdity of the belief that fallen angels married the daughters of men and had sex with them. Jude verses 6 and 7 completely debunks the view of any marital bond between incarnated demons and earthly women.

How could they possibly have been incarnated to marry earthly wenches when they were immediately cast into the deepest and darkest abyss when they left their first estate in heaven and will have to remain there until the final Day of Judgment? That’s ridiculous, to say the least.

If we approach Jude verses 6 and 7 in strict chronological order, then the fallen angels mentioned in Jude who left their first estate in heaven were immediately cast into a place (generally believed to be Tartarus) under darkness (not in darkness) – which is worse than darkness itself – and will remain chained there until the Day of Judgment.

Therefore, they never had a chance in hell to ever put their filthy feet on earth, let alone indulge in pleasurable sexual flings with many earthly wenches. Instead, they are being tortured in Tartarus right this very minute and will remain there until the final Day of Judgment.

Nevertheless, doesn’t Jude tell us that these fallen angels, just like the Sodomites in Sodom and Gomorrah who lusted after strange flesh – i.e. flesh that was forbidden to them – allegedly lusted after the daughters of men and in stark rebellion against God took unto themselves wives as many as they chose?

The mistake the Nephilim/Giant adherents make is to suppose that sexual intercourse is the common denominator between these fallen angels and the Sodomites in Sodom and Gomorrah.

If sexual misconduct was the theme Jude deals with in finding a common denominator between the fallen angels and the Sodomites in Sodom and Gomorrah, to prove that their extraordinary sexual offenses were the reason why God cast them under darkness until the final Judgment Day, then it is indeed a very poor argument.

Why would Jude compare a bunch of macho fallen angels who allegedly married the daughters of men and had children with them to a bunch of homosexual men whose gay relationship with other men cannot possibly spawn offspring? It just doesn’t make any sense.

The term “strange flesh” is just another way of saying that the men left their natural relationship with a woman and in their lust burned (lusted after) one toward another. (Romans 1:27).

And this is precisely where Jude draws the connection between the fallen angels and the Sodomites in Sodom and Gomorrah.

Note the word “left” in both Jude verse 6 and Romans 1 verse 27. Both the fallen angels and the Sodomites in Sodom and Gomorrah abandoned their first (original) estate (position) for which God created them. They turned their back on their godly given original estate and fell prey to their own desires.

The fallen angels left their first estate in heaven – to love, obey and extoll their Creator – when they followed Satan in his rebellion against God.

Similarly, the Sodomites in Sodom and Gomorrah left their first estate – to marry the opposite sex, love and cherish them and produce offspring in the fear of the Lord – and instead burned in their lust one to another of the same sex.

The fact that the Holy Spirit inspired Jude to associate the sins of the Sodomites in Sodom and Gomorrah with the sins of the fallen angels shows how utterly abominable the sin of homosexuality really is in the sight of God.

Therefore, the connection Jude draws between the fallen angels and the Sodomites has nothing to do with the physical act of intercourse but lies in the fact that both abandoned their original Godly given estate to do the will of Satan.

In order to sustain their view that the sons of God in Genesis 6 were fallen angels who married the daughters of men and spawned the Nephilim, they refer to the contemptible occult Book of Enoch. They assert that the apostle Jude used it as one of his most important sources.

Besides the fact that Jude never mentions any external or extra-biblical sources, he used to write his epistle, some of its contents are so blatantly anti-biblical that no Christian in his right mind would use it to interpret Genesis 6’s sons of God.

The doctrine that fallen angels allegedly married and had sex with the daughters of men to spawn the Nephilim is a pagan, Neo-Gnostic, New Age teaching.

The New Age and the New-Gnostic Book of Enoch Teaches The Doctrine of the Nephilim

It is not only misguided Christians who are bewitched by the Book of Enoch. New Agers are equally thrilled by it.

Elizabeth Clare Prophet, the New Age founder of the “Church Universal and Triumphant” wrote a book called “Fallen Angels and the Origins of Evil: Why Church Fathers Suppress the Book of Enoch and its Startling Revelations.”

She writes

“The question that has become the subject of my research is this: If evil angels used to be around on earth and, as Scripture seems to indicate, and wore the guise of men, why couldn’t they still be around? Given the state of affairs on planet earth, where would we find them today? Do they manipulate our government? Mismanage the economy?”

“Therefore, I am prepared to prove and document that they (Nephilim) are with us today in positions of power in church and state as prime movers in matters of war and finance, sitting in the banking houses and on policy-making councils that determine the actual fate of mankind by population control and genetic engineering, the control of energy and commodities, education and the media, and by ideological and psycho-political strategies of divide and conquer on all fronts.”

“The untold story of men and angels is a crack in the door of the full and final expose of the Manipulators and the manipulated, the Oppressors and the oppressed.

When I shall have penned the last word of the last volume of my on-going essay, it will be clear, by the grace of God and his Holy Spirit – my Comforter and Teacher – that the embodied fallen angels, who are the main subject of Enoch’s prophecy, have been from the beginning the spoilers of the dreams of God and man.”

If, as Elizabeth Clare-Prophet alleges, fallen angels are still living among us in the flesh and is in charge of every human enterprise from politics to banking to the church, then it follows that they must have been incarnated.

This, as I said earlier, blasphemes Jesus Christ’s first advent in the flesh and suggests that his incarnation was not unique and just one of many among other incarnations.

Furthermore, it undermines the doctrine of the Fall when Adam and Eve disobeyed God and dumped the entire human race into sin.

Fallen angels who supposedly are living among us in the flesh are now to blame for the injustices, chaos, and sins in the world and not the personal sins of every individual human being.

In chapter 7 verses 11-15 in the Book of Enoch, it is written . . .

11. And the women conceiving brought forth giants,

12. Whose stature was each three hundred cubits. These devoured all which the labour of men produced; until it became impossible to feed them;

13. When they turned themselves against men, in order to devour them;

14. And began to injure birds, beasts, reptiles, and fishes, to eat their flesh one after another, and to drink their blood.

15. Then the earth reproved the unrighteous.

Are Christians really so naive and gullible to believe that fallen angels had intercourse with the daughters of men and produced monsters as tall as 442 feet? PREPOSTEROUS!

No wonder Paul wrote:

That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive. (Ephesians 4:14)

Perhaps the Nephilim protagonists have been watching too many endgame vidoes?

If the Sons of God in Genesis 6  Were Fallen Angels, Who Were They?

Two passages in Scripture are often put forward to substantiate the notion that the sons of God in Genesis were fallen angels. They are Job 1 verse 6 and Jude verse 6.

In the next section I want to sketch two scenarios or presuppositions by using the “if” argument which are – “If the sons of God in Job 1:6 were believers then so and so follows” and “If the sons of God in Job 1:6 were fallen angels, then so and so follows.”

Let’s begin with the presupposition that “If the sons of God in Job 6 were believers . . .”

Before we continue it is of the utmost importance to identify the condition for anyone to be called a son of God.

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. (Romans 8:14)

The majority of English Bibles, including the KJV, use the word “son” and not “children.” The word “son” is a generic term and refers to both male and female children of God. Thence the declaration: “For as many . . .”

The word “son” refers to the most intimate spiritual and moral relationship with God and not to gender.

Therefore, male and female genders and genderless beings such as holy angels are called sons of God. We have become so accustomed to associate the word “son” with the male gender that we have forgotten what the biblical use of the word is.

As a consequence, the biblical sense of the word cannot possibly be used to describe fallen angels, for the simple reason that they are not governed or led by the Holy Spirit. The expression “led by the Spirit of God” simply means to obey God’s sovereign will in all things through the power of the Holy Spirit.

In no circumstances whatsoever can sonship be ascribed to fallen angels who followed Satan in his willful disobedience and rebellion against God. At best they can be called sons of Satan. If Jesus called the Pharisees the sons of Satan (John 8:44), it follows naturally that fallen angels are also the sons of Satan. They can never – unto all eternity – stand in a reciprocal relationship of eternal love with God. Anyone who has the audacity to ascribe sonship to fallen angels should carefully consider the following warning in Scripture.

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! (Isaiah 5:20).

Aha! But what about Job 1: 6 and 2:1?

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.

And the LORD said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. (Job 2:1-2).

First of all, if the sons of God in Genesis 6 and Job 1 were fallen angels, Satan could have been charged with the destruction of his own kingdom and his followers (1 Peter 5:8). What did Jesus say?

And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand? (Matthew 12:26).

1 Peter 5:8 – describing Satan as a roaring lion going to and fro in the world to see who he can devour – is a direct reference to Job 2:1-2. Peter addresses believers, not unbelievers or fallen angels.

Satan is not going to and fro in the earth and walking up and down in it to accuse and devour his own kind – the fallen angels and unbelievers. Indeed, he is evil through and through but I doubt whether he would want to devour his own kingdom and followers. Remember Jesus’ words in Matthew 12:26?

Please bear in mind, the first scenario I am painting here is that if the sons of God in Genesis 6 and Job 1 were believers then so and so would logically follow.

To present Themselves Before The Lord

To understand the expression “to present themselves before the Lord” we need to look at a specific custom in the Old Testament and especially since the time of Seth and his immediate descendants.

All the men of Israel had to appear before the Lord thrice a year (Exodus 34:23). God never issued such a command to the angels – neither holy nor evil angels.

The reason why the men had to appear before the Lord thrice a year was to worship and thank Him for their great deliverance out of Egypt and their inheritance of the Promised Land, and above all to serve as a very serious reminder not to marry or intermingle with the women of the surrounding nations. (Exodus 34:11-17).

Observe thou that which I command thee this day: behold, I drive out before thee the Amorite, and the Canaanite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, and the Hivite, and the Jebusite.

Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee:

But ye shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their groves:

For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice unto their gods, and one call thee, and thou eat of his sacrifice;

And thou take of their daughters unto thy sons, and their daughters go a whoring after their gods, and make thy sons go a whoring after their gods.

Thou shalt make thee no molten gods.

Their appearance before the Lord involved sacrifices, contrition, thanksgiving, and worship. None of these things can be associated with fallen angels in the very least.

Why would the fallen angels have wished to present themselves before the Lord in Job 1 verse 6 – to worship Him, beg for mercy, offer to Him their thanks for his great mercies and above all to be reminded that they were forbidden to marry the women of the nations in Canaan?

Or perhaps the fallen angels (the alleged sons of God) appeared before Him for some other reasons. Perish the thought.

Do you see how imprudent it is to believe that the sons of God in Genesis 6 and Job 1 were fallen angels? It just makes no sense.

To see whether this custom was already in use in the time of Seth, we must for a moment go back in history. A very important verse to consider for our purpose is Genesis 4:26.

And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD. (Genesis 4:26).

To call upon the Name of the Lord is another way of saying that Seth and his descendants began to present themselves before the Lord (sought the face of the Lord) with contrition and supplications for the forgiveness of their sins.

From thence onward it was customary for believers to present themselves before God and to beseech Him for mercy and the forgiveness of their sins. That’s what the expression “call upon the Name of the Lord” means (Acts 2:21) and this is precisely what Job 2 verses 1 and 2 describe. How do we know?

The view that Satan no longer has the right to accuse the brethren since the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ, is not in accord with Revelation 12.

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. (Revelation 12:7-11).

If Satan no longer has the right to accuse the brethren they would have had no need to overcome Him with the blood of the Lamb.

An Old Testament example of Satan appearing before God to accuse a believer is in Zechariah.

And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.

And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.

And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

And I said, Let them set a fair mitre upon his head. So they set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the LORD stood by. (Zechariah 3:1-5)

No believer will present himself before the Lord without any reason, that is if Job 1:6 and 2:1 refer to believers and not fallen angels.

Indeed, had it been fallen angels who presented them before the Lord. It would have been without any specific reason. Why would the fallen angels have done that when the devil appeared with them before God? Is Satan also a son of God?

Could it be that the devil appeared with the fallen angels before the Lord because he wanted to accuse them of rebellion, evil intent, malevolent behaviour or deceit before God? That’s just sheer nonsense.

To appear and present oneself before the Lord has a specific purpose and to say it was fallen angels who presented themselves before the Lord with a specific purpose in mind is untenable.

What is this specific purpose? The High Priest of Israel had to enter the most holy enclave of the tabernacle and temple once every year – and that not without the blood of a sacrificial animal – to make atonement for the sins of the entire nation of Israel (Hebrews 9:7).

The fact that Satan is called the accuser of the brethren indicates that what we have here is a high court case. Jesus Christ is the Advocate, the devil the accuser and the sons of God the accused.

Bear in mind that the devil will do everything in his power to accuse the children of God of sin and guilt (the Holy Spirit never accuses them but convicts them – cuts them to the heart – and points them to the cross for forgiveness). The devil will always try to rob believers of the wonderful gift of forgiveness.

This we can see very clearly in the Book of Zechariah that connects so beautifully with Romans 8:33-34.

Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth.

Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

The only remedy is to enter into the most holy of holies in heaven with full assurance and boldness by virtue of the blood of Jesus (to present themselves before God) and to beg and receive forgiveness for their sins. Not only that, their consciences which the devil accuses with precision clockwork is also cleansed.

having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

And having an high priest over the house of God;

Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. (Hebrews 10:19-22).

The accusations the devil hurls at believers usually settle in their mind (conscience) and it is here where only the cleansing power of the blood of Jesus can reach to rid you of his accusations. It is the blood of Jesus that rebukes Satan so that his accusations no longer have any effect on the children (sons) of God.

This is a joyous fact that every child of God should appropriate for him or herself with much thanksgiving and reverent worship unto the Lord.

The point I’m trying to make is that the specific purpose of the appearing or presentation of the sons of God before the Lord, is/was first and foremost to receive the forgiveness and cleansing of their sins which cannot in all eternity be attributed to fallen angels. Fallen angels, like their master the devil, cannot receive forgiveness or the cleansing of their sins for all eternity.

Is there any solid proof to substantiate the link made between Job 1:26, Zechariah 3:1-5 and Romans 8:33-34, with regard to the notion that the sons of God were not angels but believers who pleaded for the forgiveness of their sins?

Voila! The two verses immediately preceding verse 6 – which incidentally the Nephilim preachers never mention – confirm without any doubt that the purpose of presenting oneself or appearing before the Lord was to bring burnt offerings and to beseech Him for the forgiveness of sins.

Can fallen angels or even holy angels bring burnt offerings or any other kind of offerings when they allegedly present themselves before the Lord? The burnt offering was the most important offering one could bring in the Old Testament.

It was the only offering that was burnt in its entirety and represents Jesus Christ’s complete surrender and submission to the will of his Father.

Did Jesus offer Himself completely for and in behalf of the fallen angels and even the holy angels? Perish the thought!

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: (Matthew 25:41)

Let’s now look at Job 1:4-5.

And his sons went and feasted in their houses, everyone his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them.

And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.

Seen in the context that Satan appeared with the sons of God to accuse them before God, we can assume with reasonable certainty that the sons of God were not angels but believers.

As we’ve already seen earlier, verses 4 and 5 of Job chapter 1 clearly affirm that the sons of God was a gathering of believers – including Job’s children and perhaps some of his friends, Eliphas, Bildad, and Sophar and most likely some other friends who regularly convened to present themselves before God and to bring offerings for the atonement of their sins.

The second scenario or presupposition I would like to present is that if the sons of God in Job 1:6 and 2:1 were angels it follows that . . .

Walfoord and Zuck say the following in their “Bible Knowledge Commentary.”

1:6-8. When the angels (lit., sons of God”; unfallen angels are God’s “sons” in the sense that they are his creation; cf. 38:7) came to present (lit., “stationed”) themselves before God to report on their activities, Satan (lit., “the accuser” was with them.

Several things in their interpretation have a discordant ring to it. If the holy angels who allegedly presented themselves before God are called the sons of God because He created them, it follows that the fallen angels should also be called the sons of God because they were also created by Him.

This is inconsistent with Romans 8:14 which says: “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.”

Some would probably argue that this New Testament truth cannot be applied to the Old Testament. If it cannot be applied to the Old Testament, the burden of proof lies on those who promulgate the Nephilim theory to show when this truth changed from not being the sons of God to being the sons of God.

According to Walfoord and Zuck the holy angels presented themselves before God to report back to God and to give an account of their activities.

If God Himself gives the holy angels specific orders and if every one of them perform his instructions one hundred percent in obedience to his will and in the face of Him who is almighty and sees, hears and knows everything before it is even done, why is it necessary for the holy angels to present themselves before Him to give an account of their activities?”

Did the angel Gabriel, after he had appeared to Mary and told her that she would bear a Son and should call Him Jesus, return to God to give an account of his successful mission? There is not a single instance in the Bible where holy angels present themselves before God to report back to Him on their successful missions.

Is it necessary to report back to God when He Himself gives the orders and knows before it is even done that his holy angels will do everything one hundred percent according to His sovereign will? Surely we know this from Jesus’ prayer “Let thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”

Let’s assume one of the holy angels who allegedly presented himself before God to report back to God on his mission, said: “I am so sorry my Lord but I have failed to accomplish what you commanded me to do.” It would have been an embarrassment to Jesus Christ who taught us to pray “Let thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” (Matthew 6:10).

Everyone in heaven does the will of God one hundred percent. There are absolutely no failures in heaven and therefore there is no need to report back to God on any mission accomplishments or failures. RUBBISH!!!

Arguments Put Forward to Prove That Fallen Angels (Nephilim/Fallen Ones) Married the Daughters of Men and Had Offspring With Them

Those who believe in the Nephilim theory and their alleged illegal marriages with the daughters of men conveniently circumvent Jesus’ words in Matthew 22:30.

Some interpret Matthew 22 and verse 30 as God having created angels with an ability to fall in love with women, marry them and have intercourse with them but forbade them to tie the knot with them. Needless to say, this is very dangerous because it puts God in league with Antichrist as we shall see a little later. Hence the very blasphemous remark of a woman who once wrote:

“Thomas, I must say I find you very amusing because you apparently believe that people have to be married to procreate? Sadly it’s a state of affairs that occurs on a daily basis whether it was God’s intended purpose or not. Even God had a child out of wedlock. In fact he had a child with a woman who was engaged to and then married another man.”

She clearly believes that angels were created with the capacity to have sex. David Pawson believes the same heresy as we shall see later.

What the wise lady seems to have forgotten is that the Bible very clearly says the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were fair and that they married them, as many as they wished.

They actually took upon themselves the moral duty and responsibility to marry them and to cherish them and care for them in a legal bond of matrimony.

If it’d been fallen angels who first had to take on flesh and blood (an invisible spirit being performing the duties of a husband isn’t so very kosher, is it?), then these fallen ones were morally more upright than today’s couples who live together and have sex out of wedlock.

What this person actually suggests, is that God created the angels with the ability to have sex with women but flatly denied them the privilege to have sex with them in a legally bound pledge of holy matrimony.

Therefore, God created them with an ability to work themselves up to a whopping big appetite for sex but out of sheer spite forbade them to marry. Such a perverse decree fits the Roman Catholic doctrine of celibacy like a glove (1 Timothy 4:3).

Even more, it places the most holy and almighty God in the same paddock as the Devil and his Antichrist, i.e. if it were true that he made them with male sexual organs but strictly forbade them to marry. (1 Timothy 4:1-3).

Perhaps this was the reason why the fallen angels rather listened to Paul and were promptly cast under the thick darkness of Tartarus instead of obeying God who forbade them to marry.

For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.

I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I.

But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn. (1 Corinthians 7:7-9).

David Pawson seems to suggest the very same thing, i.e. that God created angels with an ability to have sex with women but forbade them to love and marry them. We are going to listen to an extract of his Bible teaching on Genesis 6.

But before we do that, let’s ask ourselves again what Jesus meant in Matthew 22:30. Did he mean the angels in heaven are genderless without them ever having the ability to procreate? Or did He mean they do have genitalia but are forbidden to marry the opposite sex?

Let’s assume Jesus was correct in his ruling that the angels in heaven “neither marry nor are given in marriage,” and that it was a more civilized way to say they do not have genitalia and therefore incapable of having sex and producing children.

In the light of his words in Matthew 22 and verse 30 and the bizarre belief that fallen angels had intercourse with the daughters of men to produce the most horrendous monsters 450 feet tall, it would mean that,

  1. after the fallen angels had abandoned their first estate in heaven, they themselves suddenly and miraculously developed genitalia or
  2. God Himself provided them with genitalia so that they could have sex with women.

The question we need to ask, is why would God do a silly thing like that? Why would He want to provide fallen angels with genitalia – since Jesus the Creator of all things had already made it clear that they do not have genitalia because He did not create them with sexual organs?

If it were true that the fallen angels themselves had developed genitalia or that God provided them with genitalia subsequent to their fall, it is very odd that all the fallen angels received male and not female genitalia. Genesis 6 very clearly states that it was the sons of God (males) who entered into the daughters of men (females).

Did He provide them with genitalia after their great fall into sin because He Himself wished to be part of their sin? Individuals and pastors of churches who teach this are blaspheming Jesus and his teaching in Matthew 22:30.

If God did not create the angels with genitalia, it follows that they themselves miraculously developed genitalia after their fall into sin when they followed Satan in his rebellion against God. It is equally blasphemous because it suggests that fallen angels have creative powers.

Nonetheless, could it be possible that spirit beings like fallen angels can copulate with women without genitalia? Some seem to think so. They assert that people in cultures where witchcraft abounds and especially in Satanism actually do have sex with demons and even Satan himself.

Jacob Prasch of Moriel Ministries wrote the following nonsense about the Nephilim.

Jacob Prasch
Jacob Prasch

“Now, most of the popular “deliverance ministries” going around today is a lot of Ghostbusters-type nonsense with no Scriptural basis; I would seriously question whether most of these people could handle real demon possession if it ever faced them – it’s no joke.

But I once cast a demon out of a black necromancer who was having sexual relations with demons.

There was a witch in England on television in America, who gave her testimony when she got saved and told of having intercourse with a devil; people witnessed this.

This kind of activity was around in the days of Noah, and it will be around again in the Last Days. Somehow demonoids – they were virtual monsters – will exist on the earth again, as they did in Noah’s day.

We will see an increase in occult activity, but particularly in this kind of high Satanism; even to the point of people having relations with demons. It already goes on, but it’s going to increase.”

The question we need to ask, is: Did the black necromancer and the witch in England have sex with Satan and demons, even to the point where they married them and had children as tall as 450 feet? Please remember, the point made in Genesis 6 is that the alleged sin of the demons was that they married the daughters of men, as many as they wished, and had offspring with them. We need to compare apples with apples and not apples with oranges or anything else.

So, the bottom line is that we cannot compare Prasch’s examples of the necromancer and the witch with the doings of evil spirits in Genesis 6. If their sexual relationship with the devil and demons did not produce any children, why would they spawn monster-like demons in the last days? That’s ridiculous.

We ought to remind ourselves that the devil is a liar (John 8:44) and that everything he says and does are but lies. He cannot speak the truth and when he allegedly tells the truth (something he can do with vigor), he only does it to camouflage his lies.

As such, he is indeed capable of simulating the sexual act with women, especially when the women are steeped in the occult, witchcraft, and Satanism. His simulation is so malevolently perfect that the women truly experience it as the sexual act.

About sixteen years ago Coetzee Zietsman, one of the cameramen of the series, “What does God think of us?” on SABC2, produced a similar program for SABC TV. It was probably one of the most shocking programs ever to hit the TV airwaves in South Africa.

It showed in graphical detail how South African sangomas (witchdoctors) are initiated into the occult practice of communicating with their dead ancestors.

One of the methods used to appease the ancestral spirits and to determine whether they approve of the candidates who have been chosen to become sangomas is the following:

The candidate must lie on the ground, usually on her left side opposite a goat which is laid down in a similar position on its right side.

Both are covered with a single animal skin that serves as a blanket. The focal point in the ceremony is the goat because it allegedly functions as a medium through which the ancestral spirits communicate their wishes.

The candidate must then simulate sex with the goat (without touching it). If the goat reacts in a positive way, so to speak, it is a sign that the ancestors are pleased with the candidate and that she may proceed to the next part of the ceremony.

The goat’s jugular vein is slit and while a gush of blood spurts out freely the candidate puts her mouth to the gaping wound and starts to drink the blood. Sometimes the blood is caught up in a beaker for her to drink.

This is a classic example of how Satan and his demons can simulate the sexual act with women. However, there is again absolutely no possibility and no proof that it can spawn offspring, which once again is at variance with what Genesis 6 teaches.

God never commanded the angels to be fruitful and to fill the earth. It was given to Adam and Eve and their descendants and not to the angels and least of all the fallen angels.

The moment God spoke these words, Adam and Eve immediately received the ability to produce offspring in their likeness. Spirit beings like angels could only have received this ability if they too had been given the command to be fruitful and fill the heavens and the earth.

The fact is, He never issued such a command to the angels and therefore they cannot possibly be fruitful and fill the earth.

Modern-Day Virtual Sex

If modern-day computer technology is able to entertain men and women with virtual sex, Satan and his demons have a far better ability to simulate sex in an occult or satanic virtual environment. The following extract is from an article that appeared on the Internet on 14 February 2014.

In the future, some people will choose to spend Valentine’s Day alone, having virtual sex with a 3D avatar with the help of a fully responsive robotic assistant.

And by the future, I mean maybe next year. Intrepid horndog hackers can do it right now. . .

At a tech conference last fall, Tenga unveiled a crude contraption that allowed volunteers to participate in a simulation wherein they received sexual favors from an anime character through virtual reality goggles.

Since then, they’ve updated the software and the graphics of the simulator, and are continuing to promote robot-assisted virtual sex.

“I think in the future, the virtual real will become more real than actual real sex,” Tenga CEO Tsuneki Sato told me.

Did you hear that? If a mortal man is capable of simulating virtual sex in a digitally generated virtual environment, then the devil must be equally or even more capable to simulate sex in an occult environment by means of demon possession.

The insurmountable problem, however, is that just as much as computerized simulated sex cannot produce children, the devil’s and his demons’ simulated sex cannot spawn children until the cows come home, which again completely disqualifies it as a valid example to substantiate Genesis 6.

And yet they dare to try and talk a hole in our head and tell us that demons spawned children on the earth during Noah’s days?

The sad reality is that some of the most influential evangelists and preachers believe and teach this very dangerous lie.

If marriage in its deepest sense is the becoming of one flesh between one man and one woman (which God Himself ordained), of which the sexual act is the physical confirmation of this oneness, it follows that the fallen angels must have had become flesh and blood (incarnated) before they could marry the daughters of men and have children with them.

Anything that does not abide by God’s ordained will for marriage – the oneness in flesh – is not a marriage. Therefore, a spirit being like a fallen angel cannot possibly become one flesh with a woman of flesh and blood unless it becomes flesh and blood itself.

To reiterate with profound solemnity: this amounts to the blasphemous notion that Jesus Christ’s incarnation was not unique but just one of many incarnations. It also follows that God Himself must have incarnated the fallen angels because no one else – including the demons – have the power to incarnate spirit beings.

Furthermore, if the Nephilim (the fallen ones) were to be identified and verified strictly according to what Jude verse 6 teaches, then those particular demons cannot possibly have had intercourse with women, let alone get married to them.

The passage says without any vagueness or ambiguity that those fallen angels were immediately cast under (not in) darkness (Tartarus) and will remain there until the final Day of Judgment.

It follows that we may under no circumstances associate Jude verses 6 and 7 with the sons of God in Genesis 6.

The Doctrine of the Nephilim Side Tracks the Actual  Reason why Satan and the Fallen Angels Were Cast Out of Heaven

The general assessment of the Fall in heaven and on the earth among the Nephilim theorists, that it is the marital bond between fallen angels and the daughters of men that angered God so much, is not only anti-biblical but it also side-tracks the actual reason why the fallen angels were judged so severely.

Listen to this garbage. It comes from Chapter 15 of the Book of Enoch.

1. Then addressing me, He spoke and said, Hear, neither be afraid, O righteous Enoch, thou scribe of righteousness: approach hither, and hear my voice. Go, say to the Watchers of heaven, who have sent thee to pray for them, You ought to pray for men, and not men for you.

2. Wherefore have you forsaken the lofty and holy heaven, which endures for ever, and have lain with women; have defiled yourselves with the daughters of men; have taken to yourselves wives; have acted like the sons of the earth, and have begotten an impious offspring?

3. You being spiritual, holy, and possessing a life which is eternal, have polluted yourselves with women; have begotten in carnal blood; have lusted in the blood of men; and have done as those who are flesh and blood do.

4. These however die and perish.

5. Therefore have I given to them wives, that they might cohabit with them; that sons might be born of them; and that this might be transacted upon earth.

6. But you from the beginning were made spiritual, possessing a life which is eternal, and not subject to death for ever.

7. Therefore I made not wives for you, because, being spiritual, your dwelling is in heaven.

Poor women. Must they always bear the brunt of unjust condemnation whether they like it or not? The author of the Book of Enoch suggests that it was not Satan’s pride to become like God that brought him and two thirds (or was it one third?) of the host of angels down from their lofty place in heaven. (Isaiah 14:12-16; Ezekiel 28:13-17).

No, you female scoundrels, it was you. Your beauty, your sensual allurement, and your irresistible and devious tactics were the death knell of some of the former holy angels. You defiled them, you . . . you . . . you . . . witches who bewitched the angels.

What utter, utter nonsense! Let me repeat that: WHAT UTTER, UTTER NONSENSE.

As I said earlier, Satan and his fallen angels were judged because the devil wanted to be like God and to exalt him above God. In fact, and I think I mentioned it earlier, the belief that the angels’ defilement with women was the prime reason for their downfall undermines the Fall of Adam and Eve in a very big way.

It suggests that the fallen angels are to blame for all the sins, chaos and mayhem in the world and not the personal sins of every individual human being. May I remind you that Adam and Eve fell into sin the very same way Satan and his demons fell into it? They too believed that they could be like God.

It was this and nothing else that caused the Fall of Satan, his demons, and Adam and Eve as well as the Great Flood. It had nothing to do with alleged marriages, sex and corruption between fallen angels and their many wives.

David Pawson is another deceived evangelist who partly blames the daughters of men for the whole mess on earth. Note carefully that he also regards the alleged marriages between fallen angels and the daughters of men as the most evil and appalling event that ever happened.

Really? Wasn’t it Satan’s attack on God’s holiness, his awesome uniqueness and his very character when he wanted to be like Him and exalt himself above Him that was the most evil and appalling event that ever took place in the entire history of the universe, and which angered God so much?

It is obvious that Satan wants to divert the attention from this evil to an allegedly more evil thing imaginable – i.e. the alleged Sci-Fi marriages between fallen angels and the daughters of men. Pawson says

David Pawson

It is vital to see what was happening before God sent the Flood. Why did He do it – the only time in history God has ever done such a thing and the only time in history He ever will do such a thing?

What was it so terrible about that society that caused God to do it?

The answer is that evil had taken a perverted form that had stepped beyond all previous bounds and right beyond the limits that God had set to human behaviour.

And there is something so evil, so appalling happening in the first few verses of this chapter that it makes you shudder.

(Thomas says:  Pawson suggests that there are different levels of sin. There are those that are most appalling and then there are those who are merely petty sins and not so appalling. Sin is sin, Mr. Pawson, whether big or small. Even the very smallest of sins that are not so appalling and horrid sends you to hell. Don’t you know that? You should, you know! You are supposed to be a pastor and a man of God. And allow me to remind you, the horrid and appalling thing about all sin is not that the one is more horrid than the other. The appalling thing is that the unrepentant sinners who never sinned as grossly as the alleged Nephilim in Genesis 6 are going to spend an eternity in hell, like the alleged sons of God (fallen angels) who forced the women to marry them. The most appalling thing, Mr. Pawson, was that these giants of renown who believed they were gods and immortal refused to repent. And another thing, your Nephilim nonsense belittles the blood of Christ because you suggest that those who married the sons of God (fallen demons) were irredeemable. The blood of Christ was unable to cleanse the women who were forced into a marriage with fallen demons, had they repented of their sins? Really? Your shenanigans sound so much like the horrid and appalling Calvinist doctrine that Jesus only died for the elect.).

God’s longsuffering endured their sins for 120 years and if they had repented of their sins – as the great city of Nineveh had done many years later – God would not have destroyed them with a flood. There is not a single sin however horrid and appalling that cannot be forgiven, except, of course, the sin against the Holy Spirit).

Pawson continues:

Verses 1 to 4 describes the expression of the evil that had invaded society by this time. We started in Genesis 3 with sin in an individual, then in a marriage, then in a family, then in society, and now we see sin on a world-scale.

Now, what form was it taking? How was it being expressed? The answer is that certain marriages were taking place of a, particularly horrible kind.

And we must ask what was so horrible about them? We are told first of all that they were marriages based on physical attraction alone. That in itself is an inadequate marriage in God’s sight.

And to marry on the grounds of physical attraction alone is not what God intended. But that is not what is horrible about these marriages.

The horrible thing is that the sons of God were entering into union with the daughters of men. That’s what is horrible. Now what is so horrible about that? What does it mean?

You’ll find that many people have given different interpretations to this. First of all, there are those who say that the people of God were marrying people who didn’t belong to God, or to put it in Genesis terms, that the sons of Seth, God’s line, were marrying the daughters of Cain, the evil line.

Now while there is a truth here I don’t think this expresses the horror of the situation. I know perfectly well that God’s people must marry within God’s people. You must not destroy the boundary of God’s people in your marriage.

A believer must marry a believer. That is laid down in the New Testament. It is our Lord’s word. . . But that was not what made God do as He did here.

There was an intriguing suggestion made on Thursday evening in our workshop which I since found in another book. And that was, was this a marriage between men made in the image of God and anthropological species, animals in other words

(Thomas says: To even mention such a horrendous situation as being a marriage, is a very serious affront to God) and certain it is that the Bible condemns as obscene and vile unions between men and animals in which men have engaged from time to time.

But that is not quite horrible enough yet. I’m going to suggest and ask you to check up in the rest of the Bible whether this doesn’t make sense that the phrase sons of God refer to angels.

Everywhere else in the Bible that phrase, when it’s not defined, refers to angels. Read the early chapters of Job for example.

Now if that’s what it means, we had a most extraordinary departure from God’s ordered world in which animals were at this level, and were to mate among themselves, men were at this level and were to marry among themselves.

Angels were in the heavenly realm and were not to marry at all for the angels in heaven neither marry not are given in marriage.

But we are told in the New Testament that angels stepped out of their proper order – that’s the literal word – and fell. And I take it that that refers to Genesis 6 in which we have the most extraordinary occurrence of union between spirits and men. (Thomas says: That’s not what the Bible says. It says that the marital union was between flesh and blood and flesh and blood – not between spirits and men – but between men and women.)

Now some years ago I wouldn’t have credited that as possible until I came across a case with which I had enough connection to know the situation of a woman who was regularly having such relationships with demonic possession, and the horror of it struck my soul.

Here were angels who left their proper station and entered into union with men or rather with women (Thomas says: Thanks for the correction), with the daughters of men. Nothing could be more . . . horrible . . .

And you can begin to see now how utterly horrible a result would be in God’s site. Here were women who were now physically possessed by evil spirits, the fallen ones and the Hebrew for fallen ones is Nephilim, Nephilim, wrongly translated in the Authorized Version, giants.

Apart from the fact that this is a perfect script for a Hollywood Sci-Fi movie, there are several serious blobs in Pawson’s eisegesis of Genesis 6.

If this horrible sin was limited only to “certain marriages” and not the entire human race of women, as Pawson said, why would a God who is perfectly just and righteous cause a world-wide flood to destroy all flesh?

God who is the essence of perfect justice and righteousness would never destroy Mrs. X who was lawfully married to another human being together with Mrs. Y who was demon-possessed and married to a fallen angel (Nephilim).

Surely a God of perfect justice and righteousness would not judge the entire world when only some women indulged in this allegedly horrible sin of marrying evil spirit beings.

There were probably more cases of demon possession in the time of Jesus and even much more nowadays than in the time of Noah. There is nothing peculiar about demon possession so as to persuade God to destroy the entire world, especially when it was limited to only “certain marriages.”

If this was the reason why God sent a Flood He would have been unjust in his dealings with humankind.

Have you noticed that Pawson suggests that the angels in heaven (as he stressed it so carefully) were quite capable of marrying women but were forbidden to enter into a marital union with the daughters of men, and that the Nephilim (fallen ones) overstepped the boundaries set for them in heaven (i.e. not to marry but left their first estate of celibacy) and fell into a horrible and heinous sin when they defiled themselves with the daughters of men?

How else can he and others who hold to this abominable doctrine sustain their Nephilim theory if Jesus meant that the angels in heaven were altogether sexless and therefore unable to marry nor be given in marriage?

Therefore, their misinterpretation of Matthew 22:30 and their forced explanation that the angels are quite capable of having intercourse with women but were forbidden to marry is unavoidable.

As I said earlier, this puts God squarely in league with Satan and his Antichrist who forbids anyone to get married. (1 Timothy 4:3).

The question we need to ask is whether the scene described in Genesis 6 was the most horrible thing to befall man or was there something more horrible than that?

To answer this question we must briefly look at the sin that caused Adam and Eve to fall into disrepute with God and consequently dumped the entire human race in the horrible position of rebellion and utter lostness in the sight of an awesomely holy God.

The core element of this most horrible and heinous sin ever to plague humankind since the beginning of time lies in Satan’s lie: “You will not surely die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

Was this not the very same sin that caused Satan and his minions to fall into sin in heaven? (Isaiah 14:12-16; Ezekiel 28:13-17).

But what has this got to do with Genesis 6 and the sin of a marital union between the sons of God and the daughters of men?

First of all, we need to remind ourselves that Satan’s lie “You will surely not die” (gain immortality) and therefore be like God, was perpetuated in a very big way in the time of Noah prior to the Great Flood.

To understand the vast impact Satan’s lie had on society in those days we also need to remind ourselves why God forbade believers to marry unbelievers.

It is a known fact that children usually adopt the religion of their mother rather than that of their father. The reason, I believe, is because the children spend most of their years of upbringing with their mothers and grandmothers (2 Timothy 1:5).

Protestants who marry Roman Catholics will soon find their children following their mothers to become Catholics themselves.

This, I believe was the main reason why God forbade the Israelite to marry the women of other nations who worshiped other gods.

And the children of Israel dwelt among the Canaanites, Hittites, and Amorites, and Perizzites, and Hivites, and Jebusites:

And they took their daughters to be their wives, and gave their daughters to their sons, and served their gods.

And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD, and forgat the LORD their God, and served Baalim and the groves. (Judges 3:5-7)

They were also strictly forbidden to marry many wives.

Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold. (Deuteronomy 17:17).

Marrying many wives, especially from the nations of women who worshiped idols, was a sure recipe for disaster. Look what happened to King Solomon.

Paul’s succinct description of idol worship in 1 Corinthians 10:20-21 demonstrates how dangerous heathen idolatry is to believers who marry unbelievers. They open their offspring they’ve spawned in their marriages with unbelievers to devil worship and demon possession.

This is precisely what happened in Genesis 6. Walfoord and Zuck describes this passage as follows

It is known from Ezekiel 28:11 and Daniel 10:13 that great kings of the earth have “princes” ruling behind them-their power is demonic. It is no surprise that in Ugaritic literature (as was other nations’ literature), kings are described as divine, half-divine, or demigods.

Pagans revered these great leaders. Many mythological traditions describe them as being the offspring of the gods themselves. In fact bn’lm (“sons of th gods”) in Ugaritic is used of members the pantheon as well as great kings of the earth. In the Ugaritic legend of the Dawn, the chief god of the pantheon, El seduced two human women.

This union of a god with human women produced Shr (“Dawn”) and Sim (“Dusk”) who seem to have become goddesses representing Venus.

Thus, for the pagans, gods had their origin in copulation between gods and humans. Any superhuman individual in a myth or any mythological or actual giant would suggest divine origin to the pagans.

Genesis 6:1-4, then, describes how corrupt the world got when this violation was rampant. It is also a polemic against the pagan belief that giants (Nephilim; cf. Num. 13:32-33) and men of renown (Gen. 6:4) were of divine origin, and that immortality was achieved by immorality.

The Canaanite cult (and most cults in the ancient Near East) included fertility rites involving sympathetic magic, based on the assumption that people are supernaturally affected through an object which represents them. Israel was warned to resist this because it was completely cor­rupt and erroneous.

The passage, then, refutes pagan be­liefs by declaring the truth. The sons of God were not divine; they were demon controlled. Their marrying as many women as they wished (possibly this is the origin of harems) was to satisfy their baser instincts.

They were just another low order of creatures, though powerful and demon-influenced. Children of these marriages, despite pagan ideas, were not god-kings. Though heroes and “men of renown,” they were flesh; and they died, in due course, like all mem­bers of the human race.

When God judges the world-as He was about to- no giant, no deity, no human has any power against Him. God simply allots one’s days and brings his end.

As you can see the abominable doctrine of the Nephilim having been fallen angels who married the daughters of men is not merely a myth but a pagan myth to its very core and anyone who believes this garbage makes him or herself guilty of sheer unadulterated paganism.

I am of the opinion that when Noah began to preach and warn the ancient world that God was going to send a flood to destroy them, they must have said something like the following.

We don’t know your God who says He will destroy us. We are gods ourselves and immortal. He can’t kill us.

This is precisely what Pharaoh said when Moses and Aaron appeared before him and demanded to set his people free.

And Pharaoh said, Who is the LORD, that I should obey his voice to let Israel go? I know not the LORD, neither will I let Israel go. (Exodus 5:2).

The Egyptians also believed that Pharaoh and his firstborn were gods. Because God hates the arrogant seizure of his godhood that belongs to Him and Him alone, He slew all the firstborn of Egypt because He will never tolerate the lie that man is a god and therefore immortal. Claiming godhead in the site of an awesomely holy God – the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob – is the most horrible sin anyone can perpetrate.

The alleged sin of fallen angels marrying the daughters of men is not the most horrible sin imaginable, as Pawson and his fellow Nephilim theorists say. In fact, it is nothing but a ploy of the devil to divert the attention from the greatest sin man can do and that is to claim godhood and say – I AM.

Allow me to indulge in a wee bit of fantasy. I think I am entitled to do so seeing that the Nephilim theory itself is but a fantasy (2 Timothy 4:4).

David Pawson said “And I take it that that refers to Genesis 6 in which we have the most extraordinary occurrence of union between spirits and men.

MR. SPIRIT, YOU MAY NOW KISS THE BRIDE

Now let’s be naughty and invite ourselves to a wedding between a spirit and a woman of flesh and blood. The conversation between two enthralled wedding guests would probably go something like this.

Mr. spirit, you may now kiss the bride
Mr. spirit, you may now kiss the bride

“Oh, doesn’t she look so awesomely adorable and gorgeous? She’s so beautiful.

Who designed her dress?

Silly you! I did.

Wow! That surely is something to admire. Congrats!

Thanks!

But where’s the groom? How did she meet him?

Don’t you know? Haven’t you heard? She’s marrying a spirit. He’s standing right next to her.

A spirit? WOW, how awesome! How do you know?

David Pawson told me and Jacob Prasch and Chuck Missler and Steve Cioccolanti confirmed it.

What? A spirit? (giggle). How are they going to make it in bed when she cannot feel and touch him?

Oh, I wouldn’t worry about that if I were you. He’s quite capable of appearing and disappearing at will and he has already learned to do so when he’s in bed with her.

Wow! That’s a relief.

(The pastor pronounces them husband and wife and family and friends start to sob louder – without getting the slightest glimpse of the groom).

Jokes aside. The Nephilim theory is arguably one of the most dangerous doctrines in the church these days. Stay away, brethren. Here now follow the reasons why.

Concluding Remarks

It is rather conspicuous that many preachers who believe the Nephilim nuptial relationship with the daughters of men also believe in cosmic phenomena like the Niburu (also called Ison) that was supposed to cause havoc on a cosmic scale on earth in 2012. Nothing happened. Therefore, it is no surprise that they also believe in aliens.

What does the Word of God say?

When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him. (Deuteronomy 18:22).

Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart. (Jeremiah 14:14)

Soothsaying (false prophecy and teaching) is mentioned in the same breath as persons who allow their children to go through the fire, diviners, prognosticators, charmers and consulters of familiar spirits.

When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.

There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee. (Deuteronomy 18:10-12)

Therefore it is intensely dangerous to declare unequivocally that the Nephilim who allegedly once appeared on earth in Genesis 6 to marry the daughters of men, will again appear on earth in the last days to spawn monsters so evil the imagination cannot even remotely contemplate.

There are many evangelists, televangelists preachers, pastors and Christians who have adopted this foul doctrine of which Steve Cioccolanti, Chuck Missler, Jacob Prasch, David Pawson and New Ager Elizabeth Clare Prophet are the best known.

Some of them may be saved, others not. The bottom line is that they are misleading thousands if not millions of Christians and they will have to give an account to God one day.

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. (Jude 1:3).

See all articles on the Nephilim teaching here:

Please share:

Tom (Discerning the World)

Tom Lessing is the author of the above article. Discerning the World is an internet Christian Ministry based in Johannesburg South Africa. Tom Lessing and Deborah Ellish both own Discerning the World. For more information see the About this Website page below the comments section.

47
Please leave a Reply

avatar
 
nodhihatnopeunhappygigglelaughupup2overt2clapyayyahoohi5friendstrucewaitthinkpopiknowcheckreadbettersorrysobfaintohnoscratchunsuredazedthank
 
 
 
13 Comment authors
Tom (Discerning the World)RobbieKokoandrew owenChristine Erikson Recent comment authors
JT
Guest
JT

“What is so true” is that Scripture-1 Chronicles 28.6. I think it right to believe that Solomon learned from the folly and error of his ways. As you know, God said “I have CHOSEN him.”
I have never been able to accept that a man inspired by God’s Holy Spirit could have penned the writings of Solomon, and be in hell, as some think? All of the other authors of God’s word are saved, and so, I believe Solomon.

JT
Guest
JT

Tom,
I thank you for your help. I will follow Deborah’s advice. But, one thing, even though the Bible says nothing good about Rehoboam (as I understand the Bible to say); “he did evil, because he prepared not his heart to seek the Lord.” But I stand corrected. What you are in effect saying is that God has pre-destinated or elected Rehoboam unto salvation, and Rehoboam was saved regardless of his actions-but, most surely not? He must have repented of his own God given ‘free will’? Therefore; God relied on man’s free-will so that the genealogy of our Saviour could happen? I think this is what you are saying?
No! The damsel in Acts 16 was definitely NOT, I repeat NOT inspired by God’s Holy Spirit. Paul was “grieved” by this episode?
You know that?

Deborah (Discerning the World)
Admin

JT

>> But I stand corrected. What you are in effect saying is that God has pre-destinated or elected Rehoboam unto salvation, and Rehoboam was saved regardless of his actions

Nope, Tom did not imply this at all, Read our website, we take a strong stance against Calvinism.

Kristine
Guest
Kristine

Kate E wrote:

I believe that the angels in heaven do not marry as Jesus states in Matt 22:30, however the angels of Jude 1:6 that that left their original purpose – their role as messengers, and their unique habitation – heaven are not in heaven doing God’s will but on earth doing Satan’s will. Then there is Rev 12: 7 & 8 where it says the dragon (Satan) and his angels were evicted from heaven. The angels that are in heaven doing God’s will, not on earth wrecking havoc on mankind. In Justin Martyr’s Second Apology Chapter V – How the Angels Transgressed he states “the angels transgressed this appointment, and were captivated by love of women, and begat children who are those that are called demons” showing that his understanding of Genesis 6 was that the “Sons of God” were angels. I realize that you said not to tell you this is the answer but it is the answer. As to how the angels were able to do this – the answer is free will.

Where did the teaching that the “sons of God” were believers or sons of Seth and the “daughters of men” were unbelievers or daughters of Cain come from if not from Augustine? In scripture “sons of God” refers to angels and saints, and daughters of men is a general term. Nowhere in scripture does it tie “sons of God” to believers or “daughters of men” to nonbelievers. It is clearly stated in Genesis 6:4 that this mingling resulted in giants and why would this happen if it really was referring to the offspring of pure human beings? You haven’t provided any scripture proving this teaching.

Christ was born wholly man yet the wholly divine son of God. The angels that manifest in human form are not wholly human which is why the mingling of their seed with the “daughters of men” creates offspring with genetic mutations. You are wrong to indicate that those believing the “sons of God” in Genesis 6 were angels have any lesser faith in Jesus Christ having been born a man.

What my discussion with you reveals to me is that true believers need to be humble and accept ridicule because this is a tool that Satan uses to defend his false doctrine.

You are correct, I agree on most part. This is long ago, just to add, there’s a book in ancient text not included in the Christian Bible that Judaism has in support of many accounts on this phenomena in Genesis. But even in Christian Bible some scriptures are obvious on the presence of these fallen angels, their inter-mingling to mankind for the purpose of disrupting the original plan of God’s creation and deceiving of mankind. Just one obvious scripture on how Satan as a serpent deceived Eve in the Garden. The Great Flood had to occur coz mankind will eventually not survive to co-exist with these mutated genetic beings, it’s like a reset to the world. Consider Satan like a virus. When this world was created for humans, while Satan wanted to rule this world for his own even before, same as today.

This event will also explain why are there some angels chained in the bottomless pit, while some can roam around on the face of the earth as today (demons) tempting humans to do bad things. Those angels who were chained are probably those angels who mated with human women, their transgressions were great that deserved higher punishment. At some point in time, this cohabitation or inter-mingling just stopped, maybe God put some chasm so this wont happen again, and God gave an ultimatum on these angels to chose which side to take from their Freewill, is it to side with Satan or to stay with God. So those who followed Satan became demons while those that stayed with God, are the angels guiding and protecting mankind.

This inter-mingling can also explain the knowledge of the ancients, of the secret societies who are ruling the world today as Lord Jesus said, the rulers of this world are of the devil. So we should stay vigilant so as not be deceived, and preach the Good word of God.

This is not related but just want to ask to discerningtheworld.com, do you believe the earth is a flat disc??? Been looking around your site. Would appreciate your answer. God bless!

Christine Erikson
Guest
Christine Erikson

I don’t buy the usual nephilim idea, but there is no resemblance between supposed incarnation by a spirit getting physical (which obviously the angels sent to Lot did) and the ONE Incarnation of GOD Who is Jesus.

andrew owen
Guest

Thomas Lessing (Watch and Pray / Waak en Bid) wrote:

Kate E wrote,

I believe that the angels in heaven do not marry as Jesus states in Matt 22:30, however the angels of Jude 1:6 that that left their original purpose – their role as messengers, and their unique habitation – heaven are not in heaven doing God’s will but on earth doing Satan’s will. Then there is Rev 12: 7 & 8 where it says the dragon (Satan) and his angels were evicted from heaven. The angels that are in heaven doing God’s will, not on earth wrecking havoc on mankind. In Justin Martyr’s Second Apology Chapter V – How the Angels Transgressed he states “the angels transgressed this appointment, and were captivated by love of women, and begat children who are those that are called demons” showing that his understanding of Genesis 6 was that the “Sons of God” were angels. I realize that you said not to tell you this is the answer but it is the answer. As to how the angels were able to do this – the answer is free will.

Did God create the holy angels with the ability to marry and spawn children but forbade them to marry? The rebellious angels who were in heaven before their fall were not evicted from heaven because they allegedly married and had sex with the daughters of men. They were evicted because they followed Satan who said he wanted to exalt himself above God. Read your Bible.

You wrote:

Where did the teaching that the “sons of God” were believers or sons of Seth and the “daughters of men” were unbelievers or daughters of Cain come from if not from Augustine?

You’re not listening. I have already proved to you that it did not originate with Augustine but Jesus Christ.

Yes, your’re right in saying Satan uses tools to deceive, and one of those tools is the infamous doctrine of the Nephilim (fallen angels) who allegedly fell in love with the daugters of men, married them, had sex with thewm and had kids with them. That’s preposterous. Do you really want me to educate you in what sex is? SPIRITUAL BEINGS LIKE ANGELS CANNOT HAVE SEX. GOD DID NOT CREATE THEM TO MARRY AND HAVE SEX. Theat’s what Jesus actually said in Matthew 22:30? Can’t you see that? He did not say the holy angels were made with the ability to marry, have sex with women and spwan kids but He forbade them to marry. That’s ridiculous. That would put Him in the same class as false prophets who forbid people to marry (1 Timothy 4:3).

Justin Martyr taught a lot of nonsense because it is contrary to what Jesus teaches in Matthew 22:30.

The Nephilim doctrine that fallen angels married women and had sex and kids with them is a satanic doctrine. It does NOT come from God.

Well isn’t that the whole point Thomas, the angels “left their first estate” and this is why God put them in gloomy dungeons as punishment so NO it did not originate with God, they were in disobedience. You say angels cannot have sex but the point is that angels were seen many times on earth just as when Abraham entertained three angels who sat with him and ate food. The bible clearly says they were men (just without genitals? sexless? come on) they certainly could transform into men and did. But they are a totally different “kind” and are not given and taken in marriage like humans, in other words to become one spirit with each other as man and woman and create offspring since they are heavenly beings, which is their “first estate”, and clearly forbidden. But that certainly does mean they couldn’t.

Your arguments are full of errors – I’m going to address the other ones soon – catch u later.

Koko
Guest
Koko

Hello everyone, to respond to Andrew, please give your scriptural reference to support that the fallen angels that left they habitat came to earth and got intimate with females. What the Bible says is that the angles that left their first estate have been reserved in chains until judgement day. You have now gone beyond what the bible told us to include ‘oh the reason they left their first estate was to go and have intimate relations with the female specie and hence why they are reserved in chains. Can you see how you have added to scripture? The bible never said or even suggests that the fallen angels became intimate with women. You have inferred this. This is wrong. Stop where the bible stopped and don’t go beyond. The bible says they left their first estate and so they will be punished. Leave it at that.

Robbie
Guest
Robbie

The Bible also says in:

Hebrews 1:5. For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? 

Deborah (Discerning the World)
Admin

Thanks Robbie!!

This proves that the sons of God are not angels as God is not a father to them, nor shall they be a son to Him.

Robbie
Guest
Robbie

Exactly Debbie. there is no father-son relationship.

“yet we still see pastors, teachers, scholars and everyday believers ignore the clear teaching of Scripture to embrace a myth regarding angels. Angels are real, but they are not sons of God. This fact is proven by using the Bible as the only source.” They build a whole doctrine from one misquoted verse quoted out of context…

Robbie
Guest
Robbie

… wat se oom Tom? nod