Visitors from around the World

Translate blog:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Announcements

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

facebook: Discerning the World

Sign up to Receive Email Updates


powered by MailChimp!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Recent Comments

General Comments Section:

Click here for the General Comments Section Discerning the World - General Conversation Section

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Article Archive

Click here to find a List of all Articles List of all Articles
Click here to find a List of all Categories to search by Categories / Keywords

Website Stats

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Grace to You and John MacArthur – Take Mark of the Beast – No Recant

Grace to You and John MacArthur - Take Mark of the Beast - No Recant

Grace to You John MacArthur - Take Mark of the Beast Repent Be Saved

No Recant – John MacArthur says you can still take the Mark of the Beast…

On the 14 Oct 2013 DTW posted an article exposing John MacArthur and Grace to You Ministries.The fact that John MacArthur teaches that you can take the Mark of the beast during the tribulation and still be saved as biblical truth is because he is a Calvinist.  The doctrine of Calvinism is a false doctrine of epic proportions.

Grace to You has now Responded with a blog post called ‘Unforgivable?’ on the 30 Oct 2013.   They were questioning whether taking the Mark of the Beast during the Tribulation is an unforgivable sin. How PREPOSTEROUS!

Grace to You and John MacArthur still believe one can repent after receiving the Mark of the Beast. NO RECANT. – see below:

Grace to You John MacArthur - Take Mark of the Beast 1

Grace to You John MacArthur - Take Mark of the Beast 2

Grace to You John MacArthur - Take Mark of the Beast 3

source:  http://www.gty.org/blog/B131030

READ THE PEOPLES COMMENTS AT THE GTY LINK ABOVE  TO SEE HOW PEOPLE ARE BEING DECEIVED BY GRACE TO YOU – BELIEVING YOU CAN TAKE THE MARK OF THE BEAST, REPENT AND STILL BE SAVED.

Here is the original video, you can listen to it:

Revelation 14:6-11   

6 “And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to Him; for the hour of His judgment is come: and worship Him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of His indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.”

1 Corinthians 14:33   “For God is not the author of confusion…”
More...

45 comments to Grace to You and John MacArthur – Take Mark of the Beast – No Recant

  • The reason why John MacArthur believes that anyone who takes the mark of the beast is saveable, is because he believes in irresistible grace. God is sovereign to save whomsoever he wills, even those who may take the mark of the beast during the tribulation because his irrisistible grace is unchangeable. And why not? According to Calvinists God ordained everything that comes to pass, even the taking of the mark of the beast. Therefore, He is able and willing to impose his irrisistible grace on whomsoever He wills, even on some of those (the elect) who take the mark of the beast.

    On the other hand: For anyone who is going to take the mark of the beast and then repent in order to be saved, they wil have to use their God-given free-will. Guess what? Calvinists do not believe that man has a free-will. How PROPOSTEROUS is putting it mildly.

  • Aaron

    MacArthur was a false teacher the whole time due to the lordship salvation false gospel that he teaches. This is just poison icing on the poison cake for MacArthur.

  • Sally Forth

    Thomas you are exactly right. Most people do not realize the inherent evil in their belief system. As you say, it is deadly.
    MacArthur always downplayed his Calvinist beliefs to gain a broader audience and was quite successful at it.

  • vincent lyons

    I have only come across your site in the last few days and have found much that is helpful. I have great sorrow that people like John MacArthur have so little fear for what God’s Word says especially concerning the warning in Rev.22:18 & 19. Surely he is subtracting from the Word!! God’s blessing on you all, Vince.

  • Aaron

    Most astonishing is how some came out to defend the wrong position of MacArthur. What lengths a person will go to, to defend their own favorite false teacher.

  • Osito

    I dont defend him, i think it will be very tough not to choose the mark, being torture or killed, if you choose not. Especially for young children of God. So i think if you make the mistake to take the mark out of fear or being torture or die of hunger and you were saved, God might forgive you, we will still Just be people. Lets just hope we dont have to make that choice one day because it might be harder that we think, and wo ever has to make that choice, makes the right one not to take the mark of the beast. If my thinking is totally wrong please help me then, thankyou. Enjoy this side, very helpfull.

  • Deborah (Discerning the World)

    Osito

    A mistake? Do you see anywhere in those verses where God gives leniency? Children die every day Osito without accepting Jesus because of the sins of their father.

  • I did post an other picture of this wolf in sheeps clothing, a false brother among us.
    He is working for the vatican. like billy graham etc..

    Here is the link:
    http://www.diewahrheitistnochda.de/irrlehrer-verf%C3%BChrer/john-macarthur/

  • Sharon

    The more I read, or hear about MacArther the more I believe he is a Wolf in Sheep’s clothing. The MacArthur bible has heresy in it’s notes. He has a weird “testimony” concerning when he was saved. Now this stuff is surely in the “spirit of antichrist”.

    Revelation 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
    Revelation 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

    This supposed “man of God” is guilty of hindering the Holy Spirit. He is leading many people into a false system of belief (Calvinism)all the while condemning those same people to hell through what is a least heresy and maybe more of blasphemy.

    These wolves have had power over the very people that they spread their own vile teachings. Those that are trapped by these “messages of lies” are considered to be weak minded and/or already condemned to hell.

    Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. We the saved are no longer in the place of condemnation.We are FREE…PTL! and yet even the saved are sometimes wooed to believe their falsehood. This is the very reason Jesus said: Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

    We must, must, must be in the Word of our God. Has anyone here ever felt like the Holy Spirit was warning us of these false prophets? I have and I pray I will always be open to what the Holy Spirit teaches me.

    As the Apostle John said 1John4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

  • Excellent article! Why am I not surprised?
    Nice to know that you can be saved and take the Mark of the Beast. What is it with the Bible that it doesn’t mention this things? But of course! It doesn’t have to. Calvinists don’t need these things and, as they are regenerated and justified, they have the right to read into the Bible what they like. (Sarcasm intended.)
    I immediate got my pen out to write down the second and third sentences of the second paragraph of the first part of the of the http://www.gty.org blog. Great insight.

  • natasha

    I am so saddened to hear John McArthur say this! I always listened to his radio show while cleaning my home. I counted him as one of the good and true ones. He is simply wrong about being able to recant the mark of the beast. Jesus suffered and was killed. We will experience no less than our savior. We must be ready to die for our King. We must be ready to lose our children, our homes, our jobs, to starve, to endure torture, and to give up our lives. How will people be saved during the Tribulation, Mr. McArthur asks? Because God will soften the hearts of many and give wisdom to many to wake up and NOT take the mark, perhaps at first for reasons other than religion, but ultimately, they will turn to Christ, and not having the mark will allow them to be converted and saved. Those who take the mark will likely experience a hardening of their hearts and will “curse God” as the Bible says, making it likely that they will not even want to be saved because they will have bought into the new world order system. Some might even believe that the false God is the true God that they loved before the tribulation. They will be deceived and fall away from the true God. Do NOT take the mark. The Bible is clear and the Bible does not lie….you cannot and will not be forgiven if you take the mark. This is God pouring out his wrath. You cannot be saved. The truth is hard but it is the truth.

  • Deborah (Discerning the World)

    Natasha

    I am glad you noticed his remarks that you can take the Mark of the Beast during the Trib is wrong, but didn’t you notice that the he speaks the doctrine of Calvinism (the doctrines of grace – TULIP) which is not of the bible either?

  • Revnant Dream

    We have entered the Great Apostasy as scripture warns. Where it says even the elect (Those that accept Yeshua as Israel’s messiah in repentance) if not for Gods grace will be fooled. Now soon in Gods time will come the great deception after this mass Apostasy. Its no coincidence the word of God warns us many times false teachers would rise up in this period.That this would be the biggest sign of the last day since the clock started on that Pentecost day.
    I am not defaming John MacArthur, only God knows his heart. I’ve believed stupid things myself & had to repent.
    To me this is a minor thing. What disturbs me is MacArthur’s emphasis on works with grace as a requirement of salvation.
    He’s in my opinion mixing up Justification with Sanctification.
    If the blood of the Word of God made flesh His begotten Son cannot save you, nothing will.
    Leviticus 10

    “If any one of the house of Israel or of the strangers who sojourn among them eats any blood, I will set my face against that person who eats blood and will cut him off from among his people. 11For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it for you on the altar to make atonement for your souls, for it is the blood that makes atonement by the life.

  • Tse Ming Wai

    I tried to see the recording of the interview with John, but in vain. Only audio recording. I can not confirm whether John really did say such things.

  • Kay

    Comment moved to here:
    John MacArthur wants people to take the mark of the beast because he is a Freemason. http://watch.pair.com/macarthur-6-freemasonry.html

  • Herman

    Unfortunately another website that didn’t do their homework…..this is falsely accusing a brother i Christ. A great sin. Let me prove why I say that…..MacArthur made the original comment in 1980. 13 YEARS AFTER that statement he changed his view and stated: “So here’s a warning to the whole world, you take that mark and you are going to receive the wrath of God. Now you can make your choice, you can refuse the mark and get the wrath of the Antichrist, or you can take the mark and get the wrath of God. The wrath of God means torment with fire and brimstone and it says in verse 11, “And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever and they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image and whoever receives the mark of his name.” You take it and you will suffer torment forever.” (http://www.gty.org/Resources/Sermons/66-48) . HE NO LONGER HOLDS THE VIEW EVERYONE IS ACCUSING HIM OF, SO THEREFORE ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE NOW FALSELY ACCUSED HIM, OWE HIM AN APOLOGY AND NEED TO REPENT FOR BRINGING FLASE WITNESS…..DO YOUR HOMEWORK NEXT TIME. God bless :)

  • Herman

    BTW, My previous comment will probably not get published…Be honest before God and post my defence of MacArthur…

  • Deborah (Discerning the World)

    Herman

    I think you need to update your reading glasses. That article you mention was posted on the October 31, 1993. This NEW article by grace to you was posted on the 30 Oct 2013. I said in bold at the top of the article and circled in red the date of the article: “Grace to You has now Responded with a blog post called ‘Unforgivable?’ on the 30 Oct 2013” So CLEARLY John McArthur has changed his mind since 1993.

    John McArthur can teach teachings like this becuase he is a Calvinist and a Freemason to boot. Calvinists believe you are chosen by God to be Elect or a reprobate before the foundation of the world – this is an attack on the gospel of Jesus Christ.

    I think you need to do your homework first and foremost on what the doctrine of Calvinism is all about.

    Thank you for commenting :)

  • Herman,

    John MacArthur delivered his message on the Antichrist and his mark 666 on 31 October 1993. A little less than twenty years later Phil Johnson, MacArthur’s right hand man, wrote an article in defense of his infamous statement that anyone can take the mark of the beast and still be saved. Heres what he wrote:

    Several years ago in a live Q&A session, someone asked John MacArthur if taking the mark of the Beast during the Great Tribulation would be an unpardonable sin. His answer, in short, was no. Though there is a stern warning against taking the mark of the Beast in Revelation 14, the sin is not categorically said to be unpardonable. (That would contradict Matthew 12:31.) The point of the severe language in Revelation 14 is to make clear what an utterly reprehensible sin it will be to swear an oath of willful loyalty to Antichrist. (Read the full article here)

    Don’t you think that if MacArthur truly recanted of his infamous remark which he had made in 1980, he would at least have said (in this sermon dated 31 October 1993): “I made a huge mistake when in 1980 I said that anyone can take the mark of the beast and still repent and be saved. Please forgive me. I have deceived many Christians way back then.”

    His silence on the matter is overwhelmingly deafening. In fact, despite his firm statement “As I told you last week, the most significant and the most dominant weapon in the arsenal of Satan is deception,” the irony is that he (MacArthur) is assisting Satan in the wielding of his dominant weapon – which is deception – and yet still refuses to recant of his blasphemous statement.

    If he had truly felt sorry about his statement way back in 1980 he would never have asked Phil Johnson to write an article in defense of his statement way back in 1980 nearly 33 years later. DO YOUR HOMEWORK NEXT TIME, HERMAN.

    Read this article.

  • Herman wrote:

    BTW, My previous comment will probably not get published…Be honest before God and post my defence of MacArthur…

    Please don’t make any inappropriate assumptions. It does not fit you or Calvinism which believes that God ordained everything that ever comes to pass long before the foundation of the earth. So, accept the fact that our response to your comment is the result of God having ordained our comment way before the foundation of the world and that no one can stop its publication – come hell or high water.

    You are not defending MacArthur. You are assisting him in his deception and blasphemy.

  • Micah

    One of my biggest lifelong questions has always been: “Why can’t people who take the Mark of the Beast be redeemed?!”

    My understanding of Jesus’ forgiveness became impeded by a wall, whenever confronting those strange and stark verses at the end of the Book!

    Recent damnable errors taught by the likes of John MacArthur grieve my spirit. Without repentance, he brashly promises life to those who take the mark. I know that he is but a domino, of the MANY prophesied to fall from the Truth. As a contender for the faith, I do not want to be one with blood on my hands on Judgment Day!

    What can I share, that I believe will bless you, helping you to come to a place of understanding?

    So, why can’t people who take the Mark of the Beast be redeemed?!

    God seems to have made this concept both understandable and significantly beautiful, in the book of Esther, of all places!

    First, I am reminded that we are living epistles (Strong’s G1992: a letter, epistle, dispatch, message):

    2 Corinthians 3:3
    King James Bible
    Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

    New Living Translation
    Clearly, you are a letter from Christ showing the result of our ministry among you. This “letter” is written not with pen and ink, but with the Spirit of the living God. It is carved not on tablets of stone, but on human hearts.

    Second, I am reminded that as living epistles (G1992: a letter, epistle, dispatch, message), we are also sealed by God!

    Ephesians 4:30
    King James Bible
    And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

    Ezekiel 9:4,6a
    King James Bible
    And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

    6Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary

    Revelation 7:3
    King James Bible
    Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

    THIRD, I am reminded that as living epistles (a letter, epistle, dispatch, message), we are also sealed by the signet of God, IN OUR FOREHEADS!

    Now for the Revelation contained within Esther. This passage concerns a problem, trying to find a way to undo what Haman had already sent out, in the name and with the Seal of the King’s Signet Ring. This is not only history for us, but reveals kingship principles that amaze me!

    Esther 8:8
    King James Bible
    Write ye also for the Jews, as it liketh you, in the king’s name, and seal itwith the king’s ring: for the writing which is written in the king’s name, and sealed with the king’s ring, may no man reverse.

    New Living Translation
    Now go ahead and send a message to the Jews in the king’s name, telling them whatever you want, and seal it with the king’s signet ring. But remember that whatever has already been written in the king’s name and sealed with his signet ring can never be revoked.”

    Notice the words, Written in the King’s Name, Sealed with the King’s Ring, and can Never be Revoked!

    Revelation 13:16-17
    King James Bible
    16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

    17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

    Revelation 14:11
    King James Bible
    And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

    Jesus truly is the King of Kings!!! The Antichrist is also a king of kings, given his power by 10 lesser kings!

    The same rules apply to all kings! Once their message has been written in their name, and finally sealed, it will now forever serve them. It will not return to the King void, but will be accomplished. What has been written and sent, WILL be carried out, and can NEVER be revoked!

    Isaiah 55:11
    King James Bible
    So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

    Revelation 15:2
    King James Bible
    And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, andover the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

    Revelation 22
    3And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: 4And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

    As living epistles (a letter, epistle, dispatch, message), we will forever be sealed by the King of Kings’ Signet Ring, with the Mark of Jesus’ name in our foreheads, serving Him and what He has willed for all eternity!

    I’m against Once Saved, Always Saved doctrine. I believe it to be very dangerous in the age of easy-believism, pray a prayer one time you don’t even understand and get told you’re eternally secure, etc.

    I fall more in the camp of Once Truly Saved, Always Saved! Those who endure to the end, are truly saved. I believe scripture clearly warns that people can reject Jesus, fall away, after first having known him.

    I believe that the “truly” saved will not be deceived into taking the mark. You could argue that once sealed by the Holy Spirit, that would supercede any future marks. But, the scriptures clearly show that ALL who take the mark of the beast are damned. There is no need to argue potential kingship clauses, at what point the sealing of Jesus’ name takes place for the believer, etc., when scripture is so plain concerning no exceptions for those marked by Antichrist.

    Haman resembles the Antichrist, in the story of Esther. He even has 10 sons which are destroyed, like as the Antichrist’s 10 kings.

    Haman also carried the Kingly power in his hand.

    Esther 3:10
    10And the king took his ring from his hand, and gave it unto Haman the son of Hammedatha the Agagite, the Jews’ enemy.

    Those who take the Mark of the Beast in their right hand, will be able to function as one with authority from Antichrist in his Kingdom (buying and selling).

    Take a look at what happened, after Haman was destroyed!

    Esther 8:2
    King James Bible
    And the king took off his ring, which he had taken from Haman, and gave it unto Mordecai. And Esther set Mordecai over the house of Haman.

    I believe that even as Jesus’ name will be in our foreheads, we will also be given our own authority from Christ Jesus in our right hand!

    Luke 15:22, 24
    King James Bible
    22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
    24For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

    We too were once lost, but found through Jesus. We too though dead, are made alive through Christ, and shall be forever raised at the resurrection of the just.

    We too will receive glimmering robes of righteousness, the best robes there will ever be! We too shall be shod with His eternal peace, and His rest shall be glorious!

    We too will make merry, enjoying the feast of all feasts when we are again returned to the Father!

    His name, His ring, given to His restored Sons and Daughters!

    I pray that you may grasp the beauty of Jesus’ Kingly authority, in the Mystery of our common Salvation!

    Blessings,

    Micah

    P.S. I created a PDF that includes emphasis to aid in understanding all of the verses cited. It is freely available for you here:
    http://pushbuttonmarketer.com/End%20Times%20Freak%20Show%20-%20The%20Mark%20of%20the%20Beast%20Teaches%20Beauty.pdf

    PART II

    This principle of Kingship is taught even more clearly in Daniel.

    Not everything the King says is final. In Daniel chapter 2, Daniel convinces the King to change his mind about a hasty decree, which had originally called for the death of all the magicians. However, look at the utter finality of a “Firm” decree in chapter 6:

    Daniel 6
    King James Bible
    7All the presidents of the kingdom, the governors, and the princes, the counsellers, and the captains, have consulted together to establish a royal statute, and to make a firm decree, that whosoever shall ask a petition of any God or man for thirty days, save of thee, O king, he shall be cast into the den of lions. 8Now, O king, establish the decree, and sign the writing, that it be not changed, according to the law of the Medes and Persians, which altereth not. 9Wherefore king Darius signed the writing and the decree.

    King Darius’ decree could NOT be changed. Again, the decree was signed in His Name, and Sealed with his Signet Ring!

    17And a stone was brought, and laid upon the mouth of the den; and the king sealed it with his own signet, and with the signet of his lords; that the purpose might not be changed concerning Daniel.

    King Darius was sorely grieved with himself, but he COULD NOT take back what had been written and signed in His Name, and Sealed with his Signet Ring. Darius fasted from both food and amusements, laying awake in lament until the decree had been accomplished.

    He could only trust that God would deliver Daniel from the mouths of the lions.

    What the enemy meant for harm, God meant for good to His faithful one.
    In the morning, the same stone would be rolled away!

    All of Daniel’s accusers and enemies were then cast alive into the pit at the King’s command!

    24And the king commanded, and they brought those men which had accused Daniel, and they cast them into the den of lions, them, their children, and their wives; and the lions had the mastery of them, and brake all their bones in pieces or ever they came at the bottom of the den.

    Proverbs 26:27
    King James Bible
    Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him.

    The stone meant for Daniel, spoke of the stone meant for Jesus, as death could not hold him!

    Though many of us may give testimony to Jesus, even unto the death, death will not be able to hold us either!

    Those who reject and push away our Stone, will be crushed to powder, when He rolls back on them.

    Matthew 21:44
    King James Bible
    And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

    All who take the mark, are cast alive into the pit, just like the enemies of Daniel, the ravenous flames licking as they fall.

    Now that we understand the power of the King’s decree, prepare to be encouraged!

    Check out the decree that followed in Daniel, for ALL PEOPLE, NATIONS, and LANGUAGES, throughout the whole EARTH!

    Daniel 6
    King James Bible
    25Then king Darius wrote unto all people, nations, and languages, that dwell in all the earth; Peace be multiplied unto you.
    26I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.

    How I am so looking forward to the establishment of Jesus’ rule and reign. Soon, the whole world with tremble before Him! Every knee will bow, and every tongue will confess, in every nation, language, and tribe.

    Daniel forever prospers in his special place under the King, from that very point onward!

    28So this Daniel prospered in the reign of Darius, and in the reign of Cyrus the Persian.

    Do you remember Joseph? The enemy accused him, sending him to the very King’s prison.

    The fate for faithful Joseph, was again the same. He received fine linen, and the Signet Ring was placed on Joseph’s hand. He ruled and reigned with Pharoah, second only to Pharoah’s preeminence!

    Genesis 41:40-43
    King James Bible
    40Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou. 41And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt. 42And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph’s hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck; 43And he made him to ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried before him, Bow the knee: and he made him ruler over all the land of Egypt.

    Revelation 3:9
    King James Bible
    Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

    I know there is much more that may be said, concerning the Kingship of Jesus, and the authority given to those faithful to the end. I would like to include just three more verses, that speak of the power of Jesus’ decrees, as King!

    Jeremiah 5:22
    King James Bible
    Fear ye not me? saith the LORD: will ye not tremble at my presence, which have placed the sand for the bound of the sea by a perpetual decree, that it cannot pass it: and though the waves thereof toss themselves, yet can they not prevail; though they roar, yet can they not pass over it?

    Job 22:28
    King James Bible
    Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.

    Psalm 148:6
    New Living Translation
    He set them in place forever and ever. His decree will never be revoked.
    Be followers of Jesus, unto death. For even as He was made alive, we too shall be made alive again!

    2 Peter 3:8

    King James Bible
    But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

    Do not be afraid if death should come near your door.

    Ecclesiastes 7:1
    King James Bible
    A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one’s birth.
    Look at the trade that is made for that one day of mortal suffering for His name. Do not be ignorant of this one thing.

    Revelation 20:4
    King James Bible
    And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

    Blessings,

    Micah

    Here’s a link to the PDF once more, with PART II included:
    http://pushbuttonmarketer.com/End%20Times%20Freak%20Show%20-%20The%20Mark%20of%20the%20Beast%20Teaches%20Beauty.pdf

    I pray that it will help people in God’s timing!

  • Rob

    Sorry but the arrogance is YOURS not GTY’s. Th=is story is at least a decade old and people like you want to make it sound like it was last week, IGNORING that MacArthur has acknowledged his mistake and corrected his error.

  • Rob wrote,

    Sorry but the arrogance is YOURS not GTY’s. Th=is story is at least a decade old and people like you want to make it sound like it was last week, IGNORING that MacArthur has acknowledged his mistake and corrected his error.

    You and MacArthur will still have to give an account to God of every word that comes from your mouth, even if if were said millions of years ago. The number of years ago when somehting was said or done do not take away sin – only the blood of Christ can do that.

  • Since we were the one’s who made the original viral YouTube video on John MacArthur stating on September 24, 1980 that one could take the Mark of the Beast and still be redeemed, we have the correct history of what took place afterwards.

    We posted the video in early October 2013, then the video went viral, then a bunch of John MacArthur followers started contacting us telling us that he had changed his position citing an October 31, 1993 message where he states “Take the Mark of the Beast and receive the wrath of God”. They all knew the 1980 statement was wrong.

    We said OK, we will wait for John MacArthur to make some sort of a statement where he changed his position.

    This was John’s “golden opportunity” to declare to the world that he no longer believed the 1980 statement.

    What then happened is that on October 30, 2013 GTY.org issued a statement citing our video when they used the word “Outrage” and they REAFFIRMED the 1980 statement.

    We believe it was at that point that John MacArthur lost a lot of followers because they knew it was wrong.

    We did an article on this at –

    http://warning.church/church-deception/john-macarthurs-confusing-mark-of-the-beast-position/

  • Robbie

    It appears as if you missed the meeting in 2013 … Rob?

  • Tony Griffin

    Natasha, What’s going on above is called circular reasoning. The fact of the matter is if you look at the Greek text Jesus was very clear when he said ANY sin is forgivable but the one sin that is not forgivable is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. He didn’t say SOME sins he said ANY sin is forgiven with the exception of that one heinous act of blasphemy. Jesus is and was God in the flesh and therefore God cannot lie and God cannot contradict himself. The facts are the facts it’s as plain as day. Just focus on that and stay away from false teachers. I spent my entire life studying the Scriptures from an early age and I can tell you that Dr. MacArthur is one of the most sound biblical expositors there are . He doesn’t always get it right nobody does.

  • Tony Griffin

    John MacArthur a Freemason! That is the most ridiculous accusation I’ve ever seen in my life. And I’ve known Dr. MacArthur since 1979! I’m beginning to see that this blog is more about blasting and slamming people then it is about revealing truth. How is it Christian like loving your neighbor and lovingly correcting them when you’re calling people names on this blog or implying that people are stupid because they might have a different view on a passage than you do ? I think you owe some people and apology quite frankly not for what you believe but for how you have presented it in your arrogance. It is only veiled egotism to believe that we don’t need teachers in the body of Christ. That all we need is just the Bible and the Holy Spirit. I totally agree that the Holy Spirit is the most important thing that leads us into all truth and points us to Jesus. But to make implication that you don’t need anyone to teach you anything I understand where you’re coming from but how you presented it is veiled egotism! Scripture is quite clear that God has given teachers to the body of Christ. I happen to be one of them . There are many thousands that are. And why is there a gift of teaching by the Holy Spirit? Have you ever thought about that ? Is the whole reason behind your post to slam disregard and degrade people who have an opposing view ? What ever happened to come let us reason together . In your love of the truth please be a little bit more kind to others . Because most the people on here, that you have disagreements with, about issues, do believe the same thing you do with reference to essential doctrines. For instance I’m in total agreement that the Word of Faith movement , the charismatic movement and so forth is false and full of false teachers and wolves in sheep’s clothing. But to call Dr. MacArthur a Freemason is the most ridiculous idiotic thing I’ve ever heard. Name-calling will not get you anywhere . In fact it just makes you look that you lack much spiritual maturity. And I do say this in loving correction and rebuke. Why don’t you take the example of the apostle Paul when he presented his arguments against opposing views? In fact I would challenge you to read the many different times that Scripture shows where he opposed others. And it’s not at all by calling people names or making false accusations that have not been well researched, or acting arrogant and belittling people who have an opposing view. Do you see that anywhere in the Scriptures? I would lovingly challenge you to present yourself a little bit different .

  • Tony Griffin

    Oh I forgot, and children dying because of the sins of their father, and going to hell is not a biblical concept at all. People are born into sin. Scripture teaches that . Everyone from the moment of conception until the last breath they take are born into sin and born as an enemy of God at least until salvation occurs. Everyone born . So to say that I as a child would go to hell because of the vicarious’s sin carried by my dad is ludicrous. I will go to hell because I’m a sinner. Unbelievable! And very good example of bad bad exegesis and extremely bad hermeneutics . I’m astounded.

  • What is the unforgivable sin? How would you interpret it?

  • Do you believe one can take the mark of the beast and still be saved? Wouldn’t you say it is stupid to believe a lie?

    You wrote:

    What ever happened to come let us reason together.

    If you’d been a teacher, as you say, you would have known that these words only appear once in the entire Bible, and is not an encouragement to reason horizontally with men but vertically with God. Since when do we have to reason with men about our sins?

    I suggest that you first correct your own eisegetical errors before you accuse others of their erroneous eisegeses.

    Tell me, what is worse? To teach people that God does not love everyone and did not die for all mankind OR that speaking in tongues is the proof that one is filled with the Holy Spirit? I do not condone either of these doctrines, but what do you say? If you don’t, you must agree that it is stupid to believe such lies.

    Romans 1:22 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

    22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves].

  • You are being dishonest. Show me from the article itself where the author says or suggests that the children die because of the sins of their fathers? Did not the entire human race fall into sin because their great-great-great-great-great grandad sinned?

    Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord. (Rom 5:18-21)

  • Tony Griffin

    First of all again you’re being belligerent . I think there’s more kind ways to express oneself then calling people stupid and being so mean-spirited it seems from your words. First, concerning your calling me dishonest , I did not say that the article was dishonest concerning the sins of the father issue. That error came from Deborah, counseling Osito above in her comments. No it is not a scriptural principle that a child will die for the sins of their father biblically speaking. That’s ludicrous and if you believe that, it’s a false doctrine. So back yourself up, I did not be dishonest I told the truth. It’s very dishonest to make the statements that you’re making.

    As to your second rude comment implying that I am not a teacher. I don’t need to display my credentials to you Besides, you likely would not understand them anyway. And yes I can be belligerent to . I have an M Div and Th D. The passage that you quoted out of context is not talking about generational curses or generational sin. It is talking about justification. I’m not even going to entertain your out of context statement.

    Thirdly, no one said anything about reasoning with men about their sins. That such an asinine statement. And meant to be belligerent I think you’re being very sinful. And you should be ashamed of yourself you’re very rude actually.

    Fourth, the unforgivable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. He was talking to Hebrews claiming to be Christians. You obviously didn’t read what I put about it so I’m not gonna go further with it. Jesus himself stated that any sin is forgivable but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is not. Look for yourself.

    Lastly, the burden to show proper exegesis is on you not me. After all you’re the one making the post and you’re the one who’s putting up this article. The fact is, I ask questions in my responses and you haven’t answered a single one of them. Instead you’re answering questions with questions. Very common fallacy among people who are ignorant. And I’m trying to be nice. Your responses are very unChristian like and unkind. It is one thing to disagree , but what you’re showing is something completely different. You are hostile. And you should be ashamed of yourself. And you call yourself a believer. You are actually showing a deep lack of maturity and I pray that your hostility toward people who might disagree with you, will subside as you learn to exhibit the fruit of the Spirit which is lacking in your responses.

  • Tony Griffin

    Oh and as to your last comment I forgot to mention, no the entire human race did not FALL into sin. Again another misunderstanding and misstating of the text on your part. The human race was conceived in sin. Read the Scriptures for yourself we sin because we are sinners. And the only remedy is the Lord Jesus Christ. Your implication of falling into sin implies that there was no birthing into sin rather falling into it. That is completely wrong and not found in the Scriptures.

  • Tony Griffin

    And I want to say that I’m sorry if any of my writing back to you is offensive , unkind, or belligerent . If it is and I’ve offended you I would kindly ask for your forgiveness. I know debates like this can get heated. But let’s face it brother we are on the same side. At least I believe we are. I will try my best to do better and not be insulting with my own words. I have a lot of work to do and I’m very far from the mark but I’m gonna press on and not look back . Maybe you can help me with this from time to time as I comment. But again I’m sorry.

  • I don’t think you will ever offend me. I’ll tell you why. I have learnt to accept rebukes whenever I am wrong in any of my presentations of biblical doctrines. In fact, you may quote to me Galatians 1:8 and 9 if my soteriology is wrong, in the same way I quoted it to John MacArthur and many other Calvinists who believe that Jesus only loves the elect and only died for them. I believe Jesus died for all people and that anyone can be saved provided they believe as the Scripture say. So, to whom would you say does Galatians 1 verses 8 and 9 apply? Therefore, you really don’t need to be so hard on yourself and think that you have offended me. You haven’t

  • Once again, you are being dishonest when you accuse me of calling people stupid. I never pointed a finger at anyone and called them stupid. I merely asked you whether you believed it was stupid to believe a lie. Furthermore, I didn’t say you’re not a teacher. I merely questioned your boastful credentials on the basis that your teaching of Isaiah 1:18 is wrong. Look, I don’t have the time to listen to your accusations because you don’t understand what I’m saying.

  • Would you say that because we are all born IN sin (with which I totally agree), little babies go to hell when they die at birth?

  • Tony Griffin

    I do not believe that little babies go to hell when they die at birth. In a psalm, David mourned the loss of his firstborn child to Bathsheba and made the statement that when he died that he was going to be there with him one day . So certainly I believe that babies that die go to heaven as well as people who can’t make their own choices like people who are mentally challenged and so forth. And I’ve also believe that God is sovereign . Again they both go hand-in-hand God’s sovereign and man is responsible . It’s a paradox

  • Tony Griffin

    But as to the post or actually the article, about Dr. MacArthur making a statement like that about the Mark of the beast , I don’t know that I agree with him. Even though I absolutely love Dr. MacArthur. In fact I’m going to see him couple weeks. Scripture is very clear that those who take the mark of the beast will pay for it in eternal hell. However and maybe it’s a paradox, I do have to agree with Dr. MacArthur also in this that as I said maybe in this post or another I can’t remember, that Jesus said that there is only one sin that is unforgivable all sins can be forgiven including blasphemy against the Son of Man, but the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the unforgivable sin. So if all sins can be forgiven except for that one sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit I can understand the reason why he would make a statement like that. I can understand both sides.

  • Of course, all babies go to heaven when they die before the age of accountability. If so, it means they are born IN sin and not WITH sin.

    What do you personally mean by God is sovereign – sovereign in salvation? If God’s sovereignty is a paradox, then his love also is a paradox, and if his love is a paradox, then He Himself is a paradox because he is the essence of love. Are you saying God is the essence of paradox?

  • It depends on what you believe the unpardonable sin is. Scripture very distinctly says (and certainly not in any shape or form of a paradox) the following (as you already know):

    And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. (Rev 14:9-11)

    You also know that repentance and faith in Jesus Christ (which MacArthur and his Calvinist buddies do not believe because, according to them, man does not have a free-will and therefore is completely unable to trust God for his salvation) is an absolute necessity for salvation. This is what the Bible says about those who are going to take the mark of the beast.

    And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk: (Rev 9:20)

    And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory. (Rev 16:9)

    And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds. (Rev 16:11)

  • Tony Griffin

    It sounds like you don’t understand what a true paradox is. God is sovereign totally over everything salvation and everything and man is still responsible and has free will. They’re both the same. How is it that God can be in control of everything and even plan things before the foundation of the world like he says he did, and yet we still have free will and the are opposed to one another wouldn’t you agree? That is what paradox is, they are both true but they are opposed to one another . It sounds like you want to put God on your level which is blasphemy . God Transcends us and everything about him. And not everything about him is knowable outside of the word of God. That’s the problem with people who are Armenian, like yourself. You spiritualize the text of Scripture. For example rather than taking God at his word which is also a form of blasphemy and very sinful you fit scripture in defense of your presupposition. When God said he planned everything before the foundation of the world, you just want to throw that passage out. It actually means that God preordained, forknew and predestined. There’s tons of scriptures that talk about predestination. But yet you disregard them and try to contextualize them. Let me give you another example, Jesus said any sin will be forgiven,even blasphemous the Son of Man, but blasphemy of the Holy spirit is not. I don’t think you can get much clearer than that. However you want to spiritualize the text or disregarded as though it doesn’t exist it says what it says why can’t you accept that. Another way that you have wrongly interpreted text is your verses in revelation that you quote as talking about the Mark of the beast. Not everyone in the world will take the mark of the beast . Some will be saved and not take the Mark some will take the mark and be damned and some won’t take the mark and won’t be saved. Read the text. what you’re quoting has nothing to do with your idea of the Mark of the beast. Of course, Armenians are notorious for taking scripture out of its context and placing ideas, their own ideas, into the text. What is even more sad is your misinterpretation of MacArthur. It is absolutely ridiculous to think that the Calvinist does not believe that man must repent and have faith in Jesus Christ. In fact that’s what he teaches. You obviously know nothing about Calvinism. Jesus said that all that the father draws to me will come. That pre-supposes the idea that not everyone will come to him, because there is a wide road and the narrow road. I can’t believe you can’t see that. Let me ask you a simple question and I like an answer if you will please, what can a dead person do . Seriously what can a dead person do? Scripture teaches that we were dead before Christ made us alive . So what can a dead person do ?

  • Tony Griffin

    Earlier you wrote:

    There are just some things that we cant understand about. And frankly I think that is quite egotistical and I’m not saying that you are, to believe that you can understand everything of the mind of God.

    Yet, now you write:

    It sounds like you don’t understand what a true paradox is.

    First, you say none of us can understand paradoxes and then you rebuke me for not understanding. Is this just another one of your paradoxes?

    In other words, I don’t understand what a true paradox is but you do. Isn’t that being rather slightly egotistical?

    I wouldn’t talk about blasphemy if I were you. Blasphemy is to believe that God’s truths happily oppose one another while both are allegedly true. It’s like saying, Satan’s lies are all in opposition to God’s truths but we can reconcile them by calling it a paradox. You cannot believe that man has a free-will and simultaneously believe that He sovereignly overrides man’s free-will. That’s not free-will.

    Didn’t you read the passages I quote to you, especially this one?

    When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into ALL THE TRUTH, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.(Joh 16:13)

    You wrote:

    When God said he planned everything before the foundation of the world, you just want to throw that passage out.

    Where in the Bible does God say He planned everything before the foundation of the world? Did He plan Adam and Eve’s sin? Did He plan King David’s sin with Bathsheba? Did God plan Judas’ betrayal of Jesus. Did God plan for you to believe in salvific paradoxes? That’s not in the Bible. You found it in the Calvinists’ abominable Westminster Confession of Faith.

    God from all eternity, did, by the most wise and holy counsel of His own will, freely, and unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass

    You wrote:

    Jesus said that all that the father draws to me will come.

    Jesus also said:

    Tony Griffin

    And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. (Joh 12:32)

    He draws all but do the all come to Him? The only way you can make a square peg fit into a round hole here is to say the “all” only refers to the elect and the predestined elite. This is what paradoxes do to you. It leads you to hell.

    You wrote:

    What is even more sad is your misinterpretation of MacArthur. It is absolutely ridiculous to think that the Calvinist does not believe that man must repent and have faith in Jesus Christ.

    OK, tell me how the reprobate (non-elect) repent and are saved?

    You wrote:

    What is even more sad is your misinterpretation of MacArthur. It is absolutely ridiculous to think that the Calvinist does not believe that man must repent and have faith in Jesus Christ. In fact that’s what he teaches. You obviously know nothing about Calvinism.

    I really think you’re the one who knows nothing about Calvinism or John MacArthur, for that matter. That’s NOT what MacArthur believes. He believes that man is completely UNABLE to believe in Jesus IN ORDER to be saved. He believes that if man was able to believe in Jesus IN ORDER to be saved, he would have been able to contribute to his salvation. And that, according to Calvinistic thinking, is blasphemy. Therefore, God needs to gift only the elect with faith AFTER they had been monergistically regenerated so that they may be ABLE to believe. This is what John MacArthur believes.

    https://www.discerningtheworld.com/2014/05/31/hypocrisy-overdrive/

    Please don’t call me an Arminian. I am a Bible believing eternally saved child of God. Nothing more and nothing less.

  • Tony Griffin

    You wrote:

    Let me ask you a simple question and I like an answer if you will please, what can a dead person do . Seriously what can a dead person do? Scripture teaches that we were dead before Christ made us alive . So what can a dead person do?

    What can a dead person do? Well, first of all a dead person can bury his own dead.

    And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest. And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head. And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God. (Luk 9:57-60)

    What can a dead person do? Well, secondly a dead person can please God.

    There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band, A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway. He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius. And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God. And now send men to Joppa, and call for one Simon, whose surname is Peter: (Act 10:1-5)

    Then Peter went down to the men which were sent unto him from Cornelius; and said, Behold, I am he whom ye seek: what is the cause wherefore ye are come? And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee. (Act 10:21-22)

    Your problem, together with the Calvinists, is that you don’t know what the difference is between physical death and spiritual death.

    Thirdly, a dead person can come to Jesus for salvation, provided he acknowledges that he is a dead and lost sinner and needs to be saved and quickened (made aliive).

    Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (Mat 11:28-30)

  • Tony Griffin

    You wrote:

    That’s the problem with people who are Armenian, like yourself.

    I’m not an Armenian. I was born in South Africa and not Armenia.

    By the way, what is worse – an Armenian or a half-baked Calvinist/Arminian like yourself? Don’t blame me of arrogant facetiousness. You’re the one who admitted that you are 50% Calvinist and 50% Arminian.

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

  

  

  

Terms and Conditions for Submission of Comments

Grace to You and John MacArthur - Take Mark of the Beast - No Recant

Terms and Conditions:terms and conditions

Because this world is becoming more evil by the minute and Discerning the World is coming under attack more often from people with some very nasty dispositions, we now have ‘Terms and Conditions for Submission of Comments‘ which you need to agree too before you can comment – this is to protect us and you when you comment on this website.  If you are not here to harm Discerning the World and it’s authors, please by all means comment, however if you are here to cause harm in any way, please don’t comment.

The following conditions does not mean that the authors of Discerning The World permit only opinions that are in agreement with us. This also does not mean that we fear dissenting opinions or ideas that are contrary to the beliefs that we hold (and/or that of the revealed Scriptures of the Holy Bible).

The following describes the Terms and Conditions applicable to your use of the “Comments” submission service at the Discerning the World website.

BY CLICKING THE “POST COMMENT” BUTTON FOR YOUR COMMENT, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND ABIDE BY ALL OF THE RULES AND POLICIES SET FORTH HEREIN. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR COMMENT TO DISCERNING THE WORLD WEB SITE.

  1. Discerning the World owns and operates the DiscerningtheWorld.com site (the “Site”). Your use of the features on the Site allowing for submission of a “Comment” is subject to the following terms and conditions (the “Terms”). Discerning the World may modify these Terms at any time without notice to you by posting revised Terms on the Site. Your submission of a “Comment” to the Site following the modification of these Terms shall constitute your binding acceptance of and agreement to be bound by those modified Terms.
  2. By submitting a “Comment” you are accepting these Terms through your clicking of the “POST COMMENT” button.
  3. Discerning the World has the right, but not the obligation, to take any of the following actions, in Discerning the World’s sole unfettered discretion, at any time, and for any reason or no reason, without providing any prior notice:
    1. Restrict, suspend or terminate your ability to submit “Comments,” to the Site;
    2. Change, suspend or modify all or any part of the Site or the features thereof;
    3. Refuse or remove any material posted on, submitted to or communicated through the Site by you;
    4. Deactivate or delete any screen names, profiles or other information associated with you; or
    5. Alter, modify, discontinue or remove any comment off the Site.
  4. You agree that, when using or accessing the Site or any of the features thereof, you will not:
    1. Violate any applicable law or regulation;
    2. Interfere with or damage the Site, through hacking or any other means;
    3. Transmit or introduce to the Site or to other users thereof any viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, flood pings, denial of service attacks, or any other harmful code or processes;
    4. Transmit or submit harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, deceptive, fraudulent, obscene, indecent, vulgar, lewd, violent, hateful or otherwise objectionable content or material;
    5. Transmit or submit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or spam;
    6. Stalk or harass any user or visitor to the Site; or
    7. Use the content or information available on the Site for any improper purpose.
  5. You retain the Copyright of any “Comment” you submit to Discerning the World. By submitting a “Comment” to Discerning the World, you agree to grant Discerning the World a irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual license to use the material or commentary that you have submitted, in any medium and in any manner that Discerning the World may, in its sole unfettered discretion, choose.
  6. By submitting a “Comment” to Discerning the World, you agree to comply with the following rules concerning such submissions:
    1.  You agree not to include in your “Comment”:
      1. Any false, defamatory, libelous, abusive, threatening, racially offensive, sexually explicit, obscene, harmful, vulgar, hateful, illegal, or otherwise objectionable content;
      2. Any content that may be seen as stalking or harassing of any other Site contributors;
      3. Any content that personally attacks an individual. (An example of a personal attack is posting negative comments about an individual in a way meant to demean that person. Note that posting your opinion about someone’s ideas, doctrine or actions is not a personal attack);
      4. Any content that discloses private details concerning any person, for eg., phone numbers that have not been made public, photos that are not in the public domain, residential address that is not public, ID numbers, Social Security numbers, email addresses that are not in the public domain, etc.;
      5. Any content that you know to be false, misleading, or fraudulent;
      6. Any use of profanity;
      7. Any content including advertisements or otherwise focused on the promotion of commercial events or businesses, or any request for or solicitation of money, goods, or services for private gain;
      8. Any content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
      9. Any content directly or indirectly soliciting responses from minors (defined as anyone under 18 years of age).
  7. FAIR USE NOTICE:
    1. If any part of the “Comment” is not your original work, it is your responsibility to add the name of the third party, name the book with page number or a link (url) to the website where you obtained the information.
    2. Your “Comment” may contain Copyrighted material, the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. You are however allowed to make such material available in your “Comment” in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc.  This constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this Site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to:http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.
    3. If you wish to use copyrighted material from a website or any other medium for purposes to add to your “Comment” that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. (Fair Use means you may quote from copyrighted sources, but you may not publish the whole article, book, etc., in your “Comment”.)
  8. You are solely responsible for the “Comment” you upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available to others using this Web Site. Under no circumstances will Discerning the World be liable in any way for any “Comment” posted on or made available through this Site by you or any third party.
  9. You understand that all “Comments” on this Site are pre-screened or moderated. That means that every “Comment” needs to be approved by Discerning the World before it appears in the “Comments” section.  This is not an automatic process.  Discerning the World does this for SPAM reasons.
  10. Discerning the World has the right (but not the obligation) in their sole unfettered discretion to remove any “Comment” that is posted on or available through the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, Discerning the World has the right to remove any “Comment” that violates these Terms or is otherwise deemed objectionable by Discerning the World in its sole discretion.
  11. You understand that Discerning the World in their sole unfettered discretion is not obligated and can not be forced in any manner, be it legal or otherwise to remove any “Comment” that is posted on or made available through the Site by you.
  12. When submitting a “Comment,” you will be asked to provide your name and your email address. While Discerning the World does not object to your use of a pseudonym instead of your actual name, Discerning the World reserves the right, but not the obligation, to reject, change, disallow, or discontinue at any time any submission name that, in Discerning the World’s sole unfettered discretion, is objectionable or inappropriate for any reason. Discerning the World requires the submission of your email address, but Discerning the World warrants that it will not publish your email address to an outside third party without your consent.
  13. Discerning the World does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. From time to time, Discerning the World may contact you personally via email. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge and understand that the “Comments” feature of the Site is designed to permit users to post information and commentary for public review and comment and thus you hereby waive any expectation of privacy you may have concerning any likeness or information provided to the Site by you.
  14. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of or visitors to the Site.
    1. Discerning the World shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor interactions utilizing the “Comments” facility of the Site, between you and other users of or visitors to the Site. You acknowledge and agree that Discerning the World, or any third party shall not be, and you shall not seek to hold them, responsible for any harm or damage whatsoever arising in connection with your interaction with other users of or visitors to the Site.
    2. Discerning the World does not verify any information posted to or communicated via the “Comments” sections of the Site by users and does not guarantee the proper use of such information by any party who may have access to the information. You acknowledge and agree that Discerning the World does not assume, and shall not have, any responsibility for the content of messages or other communications sent or received by users of the Site.
  15. The Site contains content created by or on behalf of Discerning the World as well as content provided by third parties.
    1. Discerning the World does not control, and makes no representations or warranties about, any third party content, including such content that may be accessible directly on the Site or through links from the Site to third party sites.
    2. You acknowledge that, by viewing the Site or communications transmitted through the Site, you may be exposed to third party content that is false, offensive or otherwise objectionable to you or others, and you agree that under no circumstances shall Discerning the World be liable in any way, under any theory, for any third party content.
    3. You acknowledge and agree that the Site, and the contents thereof, is proprietary to Discerning the World and is protected by copyright. You agree that you will not access or use the Site or any of the content thereof for any reason or purpose other than your personal, non-commercial use.
    4. You agree that you will not systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site by any means, and you will not compile a database or directory of information extracted from the Site.
    5. You agree that you will not reproduce, distribute or make derivative works of the Site or any of the contents thereof without the express consent of Discerning the World.
    6. You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Discerning the World, its affiliates and licensees, and all of their officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from and against any and all liabilities, losses, claims, damages, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) in connection with any claim arising out of your use of the Site or violation of any of these Terms.

DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.

  • YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER DISCERNING THE WORLD, ITS AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE.
  • THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMLPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
  • THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF OR USE, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT DISCERNING THE WORLD SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF USERS OF THE SITE OR THIRD PARTIES, AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH THE YOU THE COMMENTER.
  • IN NO EVENT WILL DISCERNING THE WORLD, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF THEY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING FROM, RELATING TO OR CONNECTED WITH THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR ANY OTHER MATTER ARISING FROM, RELATING TO OR CONNECTED WITH THE SITE OR THESE TERMS.

16. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Discerning the World and you with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede any previous oral or written agreement between us with respect to such subject matter.

Thank you!