Johan van Wyk – Solid Rock Church With Not So Solid Advertising

1. Dominique says:

I know you will delete this but I will tell u anyway cos you are really stupid – ‘building a kingdom waiting for christ to show up (anti-christ)’ dont you know He has already showed up, He is being manifested in the beleivers. You can tear the page out of your bible that says we are to come forth in the image of christ – the full stature, full measure cos it doesnt apply to you – in fact tear out half of the new testament cos you are not walking in Christ. You people should get lives – try the Christ life – it has certainly worked for me. I will pray for you guys – stop being so pathetic – you honestly have way too much time on your hands to create rubbish like this – we also have a church with miracles and no asa (hole) will stop me advertising what God is doing – asa is not above God and neither are you.

2. Elmarie A says:

Dominique

Noooooo Dominique/Pastor Debbie you are kidding me. Oh my goodness Pastor Debbie aka Dominique what are you saying?

You can tear the page out of your bible that says we are to come forth in the image of Christ

How can you tell people to tear out pages from their Bibles that is not good.

– the full stature, full measure cos it doesnt apply to you –

Pastor Debbie aka Dominique since when have you the authority to say what and what does not apply to us?

in fact tear out half of the new testament

Yikes talking about APOSTASY from Pastor Debbie aka Dominque.

cos you are not walking in Christ.

How would you know ooohhh but I forgot you are the Christ Pastor Debbie aka Dominque. You said this in another thread as far as I can remember.

You people should get lives – try the Christ life

Not the life you have surely I just see Apostasy and false teachings there.

– it has certainly worked for me.

Yeah you betha cause your are Imortal and getting younger is it? as you also said on another thread.

I will pray for you guys – stop being so pathetic

You like to insult people do Pastors usually do this kind of thing and then you offer to pray for us? I smell a rat here eeeuuuuwwww

– you honestly have way too much time on your hands to create rubbish like this

Well If you want to call Discernment rubbish it is your problem not ours. Read your Bible and ask for forgiveness of your sins and pray for mercy.

Oh yes we know yes ? You seem to do funny wierd things at that church. You know it is called APOSTASY what you are preaching. But you said this already else where I think you said this: God is using us in a church where we have signs, wonders and miracles following the Word – which is undiluted, uncompromised -TRUTH. If you need healing in any area in your life then please visit us. God will touch you………………………………………..let the asa try and stop me – I stand up for Jesus before man – He stands up for me before the angels.

– asa is not above God and neither are you.

We never claimed to be so stop the lies please.
    Oh I forgot to say oh my oh my but you can make claims like you are the Christ wow Pastor Debbie aka Dominique
    You certainly cannot claim to be immortal yet while here on earth as God Alone makes the descision who will have eternal life hereafter we must all apear before the Judgement seat of God one day .

1 John 4:1-3 (Amplified Bible)
    1BELOVED, DO not put faith in every spirit, but prove (test) the spirits to discover whether they proceed from God; for many false prophets have gone forth into the world.
    2By this you may know (perceive and recognize) the Spirit of God: every spirit which acknowledges and confesses [the fact] that Jesus Christ (the Messiah) [actually] has become man and has come in the flesh is of God [has God for its source];
    3And every spirit which does not acknowledge and confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh [but would [a]annul, destroy, [b]sever, disunite Him] is not of God [does not proceed from Him]. This [[c]nonconfession] is the [spirit] of the antichrist, [of] which you heard that it was coming, and now it is already in the world.

3. Elmarie A says:

The following comments by Dominque aka Debbie aka Pastor Debbie and Jo-Ann, Tessa and Margaret. It is just so sad that people are blinded by deceipt and choose fleshly things above the truth. But this is typical of what is taught by the False churches who mainly teach Dominion now and Prosperity theology.  It just numbs me that people like Kobus van Rensburg  teaches Bible and Imortality , as claimed by Debbie.  We are commanded to teach the Word of God only. Yes People like Debbie aka Dominique , Jo-Ann, Tessa and Margaret have fallen for these false teachings. So sad and we can only pray for their eyes to open and ears to hear.

This is what was said by Dominque aka Debbie aka Pastor Debbie and Jo-Ann, Tessa and Margaret :
    The following was said here :
    This is to show how people can be mislead by False Pastors/Preachers/ Prophets and teachers. They are so blinded by false teachers that they will make the most ludicrous claims.

Debbie
    24 June, 2010 at 3:12 pm
    just reading through the comments. Prophet Kobus teaches Bible and ……..wait for it……immortality. It is in the Bible – go read 1 Corinthians 15.(just for starters) Christ came to bring us life and bring it more abunantly – I choose life.

Debbie
    25 June, 2010 at 1:26 pm
    The Bible says we can be immortal -yes I do choose life.

Debbie
    25 June, 2010 at 5:29 pm
    If we are alive when Jesus returns then we will be given our immortal bodies. Yes, I am saying that our physical bodies will be made immortal and we will not die. I have seen people around me who are fighting the good fight of faith and are laying hold on life who are becoming younger. How did death enter into the world?

Debbie
    25 June, 2010 at 5:34 pm
    when you lay hold on life and seek immortality, corruption and aging do stop – try it – you will love the results.

Jo-Ann
    30 June, 2010 at 12:34 pm
    Touch not my annointed and do my prophets no harm!!!!!!!!

Jo-Ann
    1 July, 2010 at 9:28 am
    Admin Edit (DELETED: Insulting piece removed) When we are given our immortal or glorified bodies hen all things will be made perfect. God wont leave sickness and disease – death and imperfection will be swallowed up. Why dont we meet and speak face-to-face or are you too scared?

Jo-Ann
    1 July, 2010 at 8:25 pm
    Admin ( Deleted this part of comment )- and yes we are all getting younger.
    Much love and His abundant grace,
    Debbie, Jo-Ann, Tessa and all at Edit(This is not place for you to advertise false churches). Edit (Removed)

Tessa
    2 July, 2010 at 11:20 am
    We are are Christ on the earth, I am Tessa Christ deal with that truth!!!! If you dont wanna be like Christ, totaly up to you, I’ll take it…..

Margaret
    11 July, 2010 at 6:45 pm
    I am actually a catholic but I watch the channel and my daughter goes to Spirit Word. A good friend received her healing at Spirit Word. Her leg was to be amputated because of diabetic sores. God stopped the operation and she went to SW and is now completely healed of diabetes. She looks about 20 years younger. I dont understand it all but it is defintely revival and God moving in a mighty way.

When I read the following scripture I could not help to think things will not get easier it is already worsening by the day.

2 Timothy 3

1BUT UNDERSTAND this, that in the last days will come (set in) perilous times of great stress and trouble [hard to deal with and hard to bear].
    2For people will be lovers of self and [utterly] self-centered, lovers of money and aroused by an inordinate [greedy] desire for wealth, proud and arrogant and contemptuous boasters. They will be abusive (blasphemous, scoffing), disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy and profane.
    3[They will be] without natural [human] affection (callous and inhuman), relentless (admitting of no truce or appeasement); [they will be] slanderers (false accusers, troublemakers), intemperate and loose in morals and conduct, uncontrolled and fierce, haters of good.
    4[They will be] treacherous [betrayers], rash, [and] inflated with self-conceit. [They will be] lovers of sensual pleasures and vain amusements more than and rather than lovers of God.
    5For [although] they hold a form of piety (true religion), they deny and reject and are strangers to the power of it [their conduct belies the genuineness of their profession]. Avoid [all] such people [turn away from them].
    6For among them are those who worm their way into homes and captivate silly and weak-natured and spiritually dwarfed women, loaded down with [the burden of their] sins [and easily] swayed and led away by various evil desires and seductive impulses.
    7[These weak women will listen to anybody who will teach them]; they are forever inquiring and getting information, but are never able to arrive at a recognition and knowledge of the Truth.
    8Now just as Jannes and Jambres were hostile to and resisted Moses, so these men also are hostile to and oppose the Truth. They have depraved and distorted minds, and are reprobate and counterfeit and to be rejected as far as the faith is concerned.(A)
    9But they will not get very far, for their rash folly will become obvious to everybody, as was that of those [magicians mentioned].
    10Now you have closely observed and diligently followed my teaching, conduct, purpose in life, faith, patience, love, steadfastness,
    11Persecutions, sufferings–such as occurred to me at Antioch, at Iconium, and at Lystra, persecutions I endured, but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
    12Indeed all who delight in piety and are determined to live a devoted and godly life in Christ Jesus will meet with persecution [will be made to suffer because of their religious stand].
    13But wicked men and imposters will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and leading astray others and being deceived and led astray themselves.
    14But as for you, continue to hold to the things that you have learned and of which you are convinced, knowing from whom you learned [them],
    15And how from your childhood you have had a knowledge of and been acquainted with the sacred Writings, which are able to instruct you and give you the understanding for salvation which comes through faith in Christ Jesus [through the [b]leaning of the entire human personality on God in Christ Jesus in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness].
    16Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God’s will in thought, purpose, and action),
    17So that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work.

4. Elmarie A says:

These type of places are also becoming more en more common and they all claim to be non denominational.

I am Tessa Christ deal with that truth

WOW – blasphemy!

6. Elmarie A says:

South Africa: E.tv in Hot Water
    3 August 2010

The Treatment Action Campaign (TAC) has accused e.tv of promoting quackery by airing a weekly 30-minute church paid-for advertorial in which a pastor claims he is able to heal several life-threatening diseases, including HIV/Aids. </b.

Quackery loosely describes the promotion of unproven medical practices.

The TAC alleges that two people died after attending a healing session at the Christ Embassy church in Joburg, where they were supposedly “cured” of HIV and XDR TB.

The two allegedly attended the faith healing sessions at different times and were apparently told to stop using their ARV treatment because God had healed them.

Their doctor, Graeme Meintjes, said on Monday: “The patients were on treatment before they attended the Christ Embassy healing session and were doing extremely well.”

Meintjes said that when he saw the woman a year later, she hadn’t taken her medication and had advanced Aids.

TAC treasurer Nathan Geffen said religious organisations played a critical role in the fight against HIV/Aids and TB, but this was not the case with Christ Embassy.

“E.tv is promoting quackery by airing Christ Embassy’s commercial at 7.30am on Sundays,” said Geffen.

Geffen said that by claiming to heal life-threatening conditions, the church led people to believe they no longer needed to take their tablets or seek appropriate medical care.

“E.tv’s 3rd Degree has been outspoken against Aids quackery and denialism, so it is disappointing.”

But the free-to-air channel says the programme, Higher Life, which is produced by Christ Embassy, will not be pulled. E.tv spokesperson Vasili Vass said the programme was an advertiser-funded show.

“While individuals and organisations may not agree with the content of the show, it must be acknowledged that millions of people around the world believe that faith plays a role in healing,” said Vass.

“E.tv strictly adheres to the advertising standards and broadcast regulations by which we are governed, and in the event that there is a ruling against any programme or advertisement by the Broadcasting Complaints Commission of South Africa (BCCSA) and the Advertising Standards Authority of South Africa (ASASA), e.tv will comply with such ruling.

“As yet, no such finding has been made against Higher Life.” Vass said the station would continue airing the show, but with disclaimers before, during and after to inform viewers that it was an advertiser-funded programme.

The TAC lodged a complaint with ASASA in November. Under the advertising code, ads cannot make unfounded claims about treating or curing a disease, but ASASA ruled that the content was sponsored programming and not an advertisement, and therefore it did not hold jurisdiction over its content.

The TAC is appealing the ruling. Geffen said the TAC had contacted the church, but no resolution had been reached.

Christ Embassy directors were not available for comment.

7. Elmarie A says:

And then I found this about Christ Embassy – Rev. Chris Oyakhilome. Hmmmm another T B Joshua type.

Please read with discernment.

Highlights Of The 2010 Healing School Autumn Session

“…and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatic, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them” (Matthew 4:24).

The Healing School autumn session was another resplendent demonstration of the truth that healing is God’s will for all! Held in the city of Johannesburg, South Africa in March and April 2010, the session was one that many had longed for. For those who were sick and diseased, it was their time of visitation from the Lord; and for others, it was another opportunity to drink from His fountain of blessings. For this awesome session, the Healing School received thousands of students from seventy-nine countries. Particularly significant is the fact that some of these countries were represented for the first time at the Healing School!

Accounts of the miraculous!
    In all the four healing services of the session, testimonies of former students, who had attended previous Healing School sessions served as a further inspiration to all. Fifty-nine year old Joanne Davis from Cyprus was healed of asthma and hypertension she suffered for fifteen years. She was very depressed about her condition; it was especially difficult since the drugs she needed were not available in Cyprus and she had to import them at great expense. She attended the 2009 Healing School winter session and received her healing! Testifying, she said, “After I received my healing, life has been good for me. I got a permanent job which I love and I no longer worry about taking medications. I’m now a Pastor!” Now, she prays for people in need of healing and they get healed!

And He Healed Them All!
    In each of the services, everyone on the healing line had awaited their moment with the man of God, Pastor Chris, with great expectation. The moment the man of God came into the hall, the atmosphere became electrified with the power of God, and he ministered healing to them all! Always, it was most touching to see the myriads of emotions as the people received their healing. Some let out shouts of praise and immediately began to do what they could never have done before! While others, too moved to shout, cried for joy. God had done for them what no other could and they couldn’t thank Him enough!

…And Prize Gets “A Prize” For His Faith – He’s Healed, Refreshed And Free!
    Prize Mahachi, a thirty-four year old from Zimbabwe came to the Healing School with a collapsed right lung – a condition he had suffered for three years. He also had liver cirrhosis and numbness of his feet. Jobless and unable to undertake strenuous tasks, he came for the autumn session with high expectations. He indeed got “a prize” for his faith eventually after the man of God ministered to him. He described his experience thus: “It was wonderful! I felt a fresh breeze fill my entire body, and especially directed to areas where I had the sickness. Strength welled up from within me, and when I stood up, I started jogging! I am healed, refreshed and free!”

A New Lease Of Life After 5 Years Of Breast Cancer
    Khesia Mkhonza, a forty-seven year old South African, who was healed of breast cancer, also shared her experience: “I was shivering when I was looking at him; I felt like something was moving in my back. I’m glad that I received my miracle…I’m healed!” Hitherto, she couldn’t walk properly or sit for a long time. She also couldn’t drive or dress herself. She was so weak that she had to be brought in on a bed. Pastor Chris, upon commanding the devils responsible for her condition to leave her, blew the anointing on her, and that was all she needed! She sprang to her feet and raced around the hall healed by the power of God!

A Heart Is Made Whole!
    Patricia Botha, a thirty-nine year old lady who had been suffering from a heart disease, diabetes mellitus and gout was also waiting in line for her healing. She had severe pains as a result of the swelling of her ligaments, and diabetic sores. Patricia could neither walk properly nor bathe herself. She had tried all kinds of medications to cure her disease without success; she then decided to come to the Healing School, having heard about it on TV and on the internet.

The man of God placed his hand on her chest, told her to breathe in the anointing from his hand and then commanded the devil to come out of her. She immediately jumped up, in celebration of her miracle! Testifying of her experience later on, Patricia said, “It was awesome, I just felt at peace with myself; … I can’t really explain that feeling! May God bless Pastor Chris and his family abundantly!”

All Free To Live Again!
    In all the services, shouts of “I’m free!”, “I’m alive!”, “I’m healed!”, “Thank You Lord!” rang through the hall as the lame walked, the deaf heard, the weak became strong and different supporting devices were discarded! The power of God had made them free to live again, and they couldn’t rejoice enough!

Pastor Judith Alufohai, who witnessed the miracles in one of the services stated, “Tears came to my eyes as I saw God’s love expressed in every miracle. The deaf heard, and even children received their miracles as the anointing came on them. Wheelchairs became vacant as their erstwhile occupants began to walk. I am even more resolved to put in more efforts to support the Healing School. Nations of the world have hope today because of the Healing School. As a partner, I am a part of that hope.”

Elize Knowles from Cape Town was overwhelmed by the manner in which those that were once sick received and declared, “What a mighty God we serve! As Jesus healed in the days of old, so He’s still doing through Pastor Chris. He is surely a man sent from God, on a mission and for a purpose. Healing is for everyone, and they received healing for their spirits, minds and bodies. Their lives will never be the same!”

Rounding off the services during the session, the man of God taught the Word of God to all present with profound clarity and compassion. Thereafter, he ministered the gospel to the unsaved, and many stepped forward to receive the Lord Jesus Christ into the lives.

At the end of every service, it was always a beautiful sight to watch the congregation troop to the center of the hall, dancing with joyful abandon, and praising God for His wonderful works! Thus, they fulfilled the scripture: “People far away marvel at your fearsome deeds, and all who live under the sun celebrate and sing because of you” (Psalm 65:8 CEV).

About page:

Through an anointed ministry spanning over 25 years, Pastor, teacher, healing minister, television host and best-selling author Rev. Chris Oyakhilome has helped millions experience a victorious and purposeful life in God’s Word.

He is the author of several bestsellers such as “None of These Diseases” and “Rhapsody of Realities” which he co-authors with his wife, Pastor Anita. His teachings are also available in all audio and video formats.
    Presiding over an ever-widening network of Christ Embassy Churches and campus fellowships on all five continents, Rev. Chris also pastors one of the largest congregations in Africa. He holds massive teaching and healing crusades with crowds of over 3.5 million in a single night’s event.

In Year 2003, he pioneered the first 24-hour Christian Network from Africa to the rest of the world. He is also the host of “Atmosphere for Miracles”, a programme on major television networks around the world, which brings God’s divine presence right into your home.

He is married to Pastor Anita, an anointed minister of God, whose passion for the gospel of Christ, coupled with several years of experience in ministry, has resulted in worldwide expansion of Believers’ LoveWorld. Rev. Anita is the Director of the Christ Embassy International Office and also pastors Christ Embassy Churches in the United Kingdom.

Need I say more ………….

8. Annie Rossouw says:

Annie

I wish every single person who comes across Johan van Wyk’s website and church asks the exact same questions you do. That means they are thinking and the end result would be that they have thought twice and put on their running shoes and make a b-line away from this fraud.

Johan van Wyk makes a mockery of Jesus Christ.

10. Caroline Espach says:

I am very shocked to hear and read the articles written above, the blatant attacks on this man personally is not fair and just, Jesus Himself warned us that we will be persecuted by the world because He himself was persecuted and murdered for nothing but His innocence, innocence that sets us free by his blood today! I do agree that we must test the spirits by the word, but i cannot as yet find fault with this man or what he is doing, I would like to ask you what are your fruit and what are you doing for the kingdom? If you wish to bash this man for taking a offering i suggest you remove all the scriptures in the Bible that reffer to tithing and offerings as well stop the all the churches from taking any money what so ever from their parisioners, that includes the roman catholic church, NG kerk which by the way comes and collects your money every month ( where the bible tells us to bring our offerings) including each and every other church, even the Muslems give money to their churches for the work of God what is so wrong with this man? Because there are healings? Has the spirit of God changed so much that He is now today less than a God and father to his children that he cannot heal anymore or have we as people forgotten the awsome power of who He is and claim heracy or whichcraft any time there is a miraculous healing or is it now only Satan who can heal???? If there is a Satan who can do awsome things including scaring people making them rich and healing people, There must be A God in Heaven wanting to bless and heal His people??? I do wish to warn you If this is an annointed man of God and i do believe at this stage that He is just that, The scripture warns us by saying and i kwote ” EVEN THOUGH HE REBUKED KINGS FOR THEIR SAKES HE SAID TOUCH NOT MY ANNOINTED AND DO MY PROPHET NO HARM” Be carefull what you do and say against children of God i beg you. I believe in the blood of Jesus Christ That he died for my sins and paid with His blood for every curse and sickness, I believe He heals people who ask and some times He chooses not to But it is his will. We will never fully understand every thing but that is what faith is for. I will be praying for you, that you will fully get to know the King of kings that you will learn to grasp his fullness and joy and total Love for you even as you wield the wip of religion and persecution Jesus also died for you, remember that it was not unbelievers who crucified Jesus but the religeous leaders of the church of that day because they refused to agknowlage Him as the son of God, Which He is was and will be untill He comes again to fech His Children as the scriptures warn us that that day will come, that the Hour is near.

Caronline

Jesus Himself warned us that we will be persecuted by the world

Wake up, the man is a fraud. Jesus warned us that there will be MANY false prophets that will rise and deceive little people like you.

I do agree that we must test the spirits by the word…

Really, tell me how do you do this, I’m interested to know.

No Caroline, this is about LYING that he heals people and places false advertising.

No, Caroline, God heals today, but not through the hands of a conman.

Are you saying John van Wyk is Christ? Annointed means Christ. You say you test the spirits, again I ask HOW do you do this!

Be carefull what you do and say against children of God i beg you

Becareful who you follow, a man or Jesus Christ. It seems right now you choose Johan over Jesus Christ.

12. riot says:

DONT SPEAK AGAINST THE ANOINTED OF GOD. THE ANOINTED NEED NOT DEFEND THEMSELVES, AS GOD WILL DEFEAND AND THEM. THERE IS A THIN LINE BETWEEN DISCERNMENT AND JUDGMENTAL. RATHER PRAY THAT GOD PUT A GAURD INFRONT OF YOUR MOUTH, MAKING YOU QUICK TO HEAR AND SLOW TO ANGER. PROVOKING THE PUBLIC FOR A RESPONSE IS NEITHER PART OF THE FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT. PRAY FOR YOUR ENEMIES AND BLESS THEM. DONT JUDGE THEM. LEAD BY EXAMPLE DONT FUEL YOUR SHORTCOMMINGS BY PLACING THE SPOTLIGHT ON THE ANOINTED. MY PRAYER: FATHER IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS CHRIST I ASK THAT YOU WILL EXPOSE THE TRUTH. AND THAT NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST YOUR ANOINTED AND APPOINTED CHILDREN WILL STAND, AND THAT FATHER YOU PROTECT YOUR ANOINTED AND APPOINTED CHILDREN. THAT ALL DECEIPT, AND LIES AND MALICE AND VEXACIOUS INTENTIONS AND PLANS OF THE ENEMY BE CUT OFF IN JESUS CHRIST HOLY NAME.

riot

Yes, God is currently exposing the lies and deceit and John van Wyk.

14. Hilgard Muller says:

How come most false prophets always claim to be “Anointed by God” ………… (just a thought)

15. Monc Mahs says:

Good morning Pastor van Wyk,

I believe in healing. I have a very large lump in my right breast and would appreciate you praying for me. Thank you.
    My contact details.
    [EDITED: Contact details removed]

Monc Mahs

I have a better solution for you. There is this man, His name is JESUS CHRIST, the Son of God. You can go to Him directly in prayer and ask Him for healing. Before you do that, please read this:

17. Kevin says:

I actually attended two services at Solid Rock. Johan seemed like a wizard to me with his long grey hair. He came across as a full on deliverance freak. Also attempted to heal two people with no luck. He even went so far as to pull the old “one leg is shorter than the other” healing trick. This is a common healing deception in which the healer tells the person you have one shorter leg that the other. It is an easy trick to pull off because you make the person sit down and stretch out there legs onto another chair. Its very likely that depending on the angle of the hips that one leg may seem shorter than the other. So when the healer goes about healing them, he simply wiggles the leg a bit and it appears to grow. He was so confident about this trick that he actually made the camera man focus on the guys legs as he grabbed the feet and wiggled them slightly and the leg appeared to lengthen as he maneuvered it. At the time I cold see right through it and was familiar with this tactic. While on the other hand the other person he attempted to heal had a back problem, so he didnt bother calling the camera guy for that one. Needles to say,that guy confirmed that he was not infact healed and that his back was still in pain. What a joke. Whats even more sick is I had been invited to the church by a girl I was very interested in. She was very attractive. At the end of the service the pastor wouldnt stop chatting to her at the door. He totally ignored me and I was standing with her. I also later learned that as a brand new Christian she was very influenced by Johan, he and his wife even influenced major decisions in her life like her marriage partner. She eventually married some guy based on their influence. She hadnt known the guy for long as I had kindof dated her a few months prior to that. It sickened me to see her dating another guy. She told me that her pastor told her that they had better get married. Its a sick sick world.I wonder where she is today and what condition she must be in. Especially considering she was a drug addict not so long before getting saved.

18. Kevin says:

What do you expect coming out of Rhema Bible college. I have only seen trash come out of there like that chop in bloemfontein I forget his name. Rhema bible college largely teaches from Kenneth Hagin who is known as the father of the faith movement. They call him Daddy Hagin in Rhema leadership circles. But actually Kenyon is the father of the faith movement. Rhema is a Kenneth Hagin franchise, allthough I’m not sure anymore after Ray and Lindies public spectacle of a divorce. How do I know this, well I was at Rhema for most of my life. I have the 3 year bible correspondence course in big box at home (which I should burn but I keep it as evidence). 80% of it is Kenneth Hagin books. What a great way to launch new ministers into ministry by giving them teaching based on a guy who claims God showed him stuff in dreams and visions. Guys we have to wake up and very fast. We are being caught off guard at almost every corner. Havent you noticed there are new churches popping up all over the place. Where do the ministers of these so called churches get their qualifications from? Many of them are independent self appointed ministers who often go straight into ministry without any official training in theology. I’m sure many of them don’t purpose to deceive or dont do it knowingly. They are simply ignorant themselves and are just echoing what they have been taught or understand as truth. Few have actually taken 7 years to study theology and or hebrew or greek. Many may have a gift or calling but they attempt to just go for it without being mature enough in the word. Ray McCauly simply went to study at rhema bible college in the states under Kenneth Hagin. Must have been a 2 or 3 year course and probably consisted largely of Kenneths teachings. Ray was then ordained a minister and given the keys to the franchise so to speak. Theres no doubt Ray has a gift of some kind, perhaps even an evangelical gift but unfortunately deception came in.

Kevin

Wow. Well that’s a story and a half. My goodness.

20. The High Priest says:

It is really interesting to note the arrays of criticisms levied against the men of God in your column. As The High Priest, it is my duty to put some truths clear for the benefit of your teeming readers.

I have never been to Pastors Chris Oyakhilome, TB Joshua and van Rensburg but I have worshipped severally at The Solid Rock Church. There are very pertinent questions which the writers of the threads on your site failed to address; are you sure the ASA is not sponsored by the Medical Association? Most of the testifiers to the Power of God came from the hospitals. At Solid Rock, I was present when a Medical Doctor gave a testimony to healing. Nurses and their patients have been healed of sicknesses that defiled medical procedures. Though some sicknesses my assume medical looks, not all of them are medical problems; majority are spiritual, we only see the physical part of it. This explains why some do not respond to medical treatment till the spiritual part has been handled.

At TB Joshuas’, cancer of different types have been healed. Pregnant women previously booked for caesarean births have been delivered without a knife. Meanwhile, there are doctors working at the emergency section of the Synagogue Church. Why don’t you take a trip there and see things for yourself. There are things people can fake but a physical wound cannot be faked. What about the HIV/AIDS medical reports before and after the healing encounter from the testifiers? Are you saying that several hospitals gave fake reports against themselves over one patient? HEALINGS ARE REAL. People who received divine healing at Solid Rock left their crutches behind to prove that medical science had managed them longer than they wanted but God healed them.

Johann van Wyk lived a rascally life for some time. Yes. But he is a fully repented and Holy Ghost filled Minister of the Gospel – tested and proven. If other drug addicts and alcoholics can choose this path, Hallelujah. It also looks like your articles are sponsored by the manufacturers of these destructive substances. Why are you accusing Johann of ‘playing on the “desperation, ignorance and gullibility” of those who come to it, gathering large sums of money in the process’? At Solid Rock, there is only one session for offerings and those who have do give. There are no consultation fees. No cards. No compulsory payments of any kind. What monies are you talking about? All the churches depend on benevolent offerings and donations which are never compulsory.

It seems the newspapers make more advertising money from the producers of the drugs, alcohol and tobacco products damning and destroying the people while the church delivers the same people from the bondages of these substances. Of course, the other party is not happy and this other party is supported by the news media. Unfortunately, the owners of the news media have their children on the drug lanes and many of these owners are on drugs and alcohol.

Any form of Christianity without a positive impact on the lifes of the people and the community is DEAD. Any church that cannot preach against and / or change the drug addicts, alcoholics, treasury looters, rapist, ritualists, murderers, assassins, armed robbers, etc through the power of the Gospel of Christ, is a dead church. The Kingdom of God is not in words only but a demonstration of the Power of God. If you preach the word and there are no signs following as a confirmation, go back and ask God to fully furnish and equip you.

It would be good if Christians can unite and share in the gifts and callings of each other instead of going at each others throat.

Annie Rossouw (19 August, 2010 at 1:45 pm ) What’s with all the different bank account details on Solid Rock’s website, including Johan’s personal savings account? If that doesn’t ring alarm bells, then I don’t know what will. If they are really able to heal the sick, then why in God’s name, ask for money? I always thought Christianity was a humble and charitable religion. Dear Annie and Deborah (DTW), there is the need for people to support the Man of God and the Work of God. For the different bank accounts, some donors send money to different ministries for specific purposes. You may want to send money to Johan as a preacher or to the church for any of its programmes. These different accounts are to avoid mix-ups. The church doesn’t ask for money before healing but support from people who want to see the programme continue on different broadcast media including outreaches. If there is a mix-up with the funds, people like yourself who are acclaimed educated management professionals would blast the church for not separating personal account from church account.

Kevin (24 November, 2010 at 12:58 pm ) I actually attended two services at Solid Rock. Johan seemed like a wizard to me with his long grey hair. He came across as a full on deliverance freak. Also attempted to heal two people with no luck……. What’s even more sick is I had been invited to the church by a girl I was very interested in. She was very attractive. At the end of the service the pastor wouldnt stop chatting to her at the door. He totally ignored me and I was standing with her. I also later learned that as a brand new Christian she was very influenced by Johan, he and his wife even influenced major decisions in her life like her marriage partner. She eventually married some guy based on their influence. She hadnt known the guy for long as I had kindof dated her a few months prior to that. It sickened me to see her dating another guy. She told me that her pastor told her that they had better get married. Its a sick sick world.I wonder where she is today and what condition she must be in. Especially considering she was a drug addict not so long before getting saved. Dear Kevin, I can feel your pain, rejection and annoyance. Coming from someone whose girl left with another guy couldn’t have been milder than you did. Johann’s hair is long but not grey. I thought Johann took your wife or slept with her. Your ex was preached to and she saw the difference between you and the next guy. Did Johan introduce her to the other guy? Why blame him for the departure of your girl? The Pastor and his wife only preached and counseled but the counselee has the final say; it wasn’t a forceful encounter. Did you ever consider what the girl wanted in her life? Are you sure you were not re-introducing her to drugs? I do not expect a believer to marry a non-believer to avoid conflict of beliefs. If you missed that one, there is still another girl for you to find. She was blessed to have two gentlemen to choose from. Please take heart and move on.

Healing is not a gamble or luck-dependent game like lotto. Did Jesus heal all the sick people in His day? NO. In every programme, many are called but God knows those who truly want to be healed separated from those who want to mock Him. Many people come out for healing but their bag of charms are not discarded. If such are healed on the spot, they would attribute their healing to their charms. They only see God as a tool for healing and not the Creator, to be worshipped above all else.

Kevin (24 November, 2010 at 1:23 pm ) What do you expect coming out of Rhema Bible college. I have only seen trash come out of there like that chop in bloemfontein I forget his name……How do I know this, well I was at Rhema for most of my life. I have the 3 year bible correspondence course in big box at home (which I should burn but I keep it as evidence)…..Dear Kevin, God loves you so much but you are busy killing yourself with anger, bitterness and unforgivenness of yourself and others. You pass-off to me as an intelligent person eager to learn more but you never really asked yourself if your studies would fill the void in your life. You mostly listen to what you want to hear which most often are far from what you really need to hear. You are hurting from another direction; perhaps you expected your membership of some organisation to fill the void instead of God. Your write-up shows different aspects of you and the confusion you are suffering.

1. only trash comes from Rhema. Do you mean you were part of that trash for so long? So blind? Those who came out to start another ministry are criticised by you; those who remain are criticized by you. But you have done anything to correct their trash by setting up the real thing.
    2. for the 3year Bible course, did someone forced you? Attending a Bible School is not a guaranty of the Anointing. For you to be prepared for the work, you need to go back to Christ and receive the promise of the Father. You need the Anointing of the Holy Ghost and Power – not the politics of your church. You don’t need a degree in theology before you can function in your calling but some training is needful. You, unfortunately joined the wrong political class of your church because you trusted the system in direct rejection of God. You played church for too long. You created enemies for yourself within the church. You lost much along the line. But you are blessed to have survived because many have perished in the game. Contact me on [email removed] and I would help you spiritually if you really want to recover what the enemy stole from you.
    3. Where do the ministers of these so called churches get their qualifications from? They obtain from the same or similar schools you attended except that they joined the political groups you didn’t join hence their ordination. The real ones get their qualification from The Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The later is what you need. Apostle Paul had the Judaism training but when he had the Damascus Road encounter, he obtained the real training and empowerment. If the churches pop-up every corner, then the Word is brought nearer to the people. They do not have to labour to attend church like you used to cover kilometers to be in church just because you worshipped the church. In truth, we need more churches so we can fulfill the scriptures and reach all the earth. If there are many more churches, any pastor that messes around in any way would know that people will migrate to the next church by the corner. Did Kenneth Hagin teach the truth? If Yes, what’s wrong with extending it?

I still love you despite…

The High Priest.

The High Priest.

What blasphemy to call yourself ‘The High Priest’ Jesus Christ is The High Priest!

22. Michael says:

TB Joshua is a satanic High Priest. A crypto satan worshiper – thats all of the storry.

23. Teleayo says:

@ Michael

i hate the way some people talk so freely about “men of God”. Anyway, who are you to judge? what if you are proved wrong on the last day? have you considered the consequences of that?

Teleayo

“men of God”? that will be the day.

25. Michael says:

This is mental and spiritual sickness…severe delusions of grandeur and pride of the worst proportions…a high priest???

Deb’s it is hopeless to reason with these nutters…you can only pray for them because they are sick and bound by self-centredness and Satan…it sounds very unkind to say this but this self-delusion and extreme pride. Only Satan sets himself up elevated and puffs up and deceives. They cannot see the truth because they do not want to…they also have a defense weapon when confronted…”do not judge”. Of course we must discern and judge if it is blatantly unscriptural and against the Word of God.
    To be born-again,redeemed,converted you have to die to self and completely deny your old ways and confess your sins and unworthiness and come to the Lord Jesus Christ and acknowledge His sacrifice on the cross at Calvary for you sinfullness and lost state and ask Him to take away your sins and change you into the person He wants you to be. As John the Baptist said…He must increase but I must decrease…John 3:30

26. The High Priest says:

[Deleted – I don’t have time for unbiblical nonsense talk]

27. Jean-Pierre Abiel Cronje says:

Please test test test the spirits! The great deception today is the apostacy of the church and their doctrines like slain\drunk in the spirit or the fire fire fire technique which is not even biblical or “God will bless you if you give to this ministry” (Manipulation & Mind control) including TBN (Benny Hinn, Kobus van Rensburg, Rick Joiner, Tod Bentley, Kenneth Hagan, Copeland, Rod Parsley, Rick Warren, Joyce Meyer, TD Jakes, TB Joshua, Patricia King exposed) cause believers to stumble and unbelievers to run away! Its a discrace because they are like an infection! Well we all know what God has to say about that don’t we? Mark 9:42

Hi Jean-Pierre

Agreed. I have explained this FIRE in this article: Deon Hockey – Bringing the Toronto Blessing ‘Fire Serpent’ to a Church Near You: http://www.discerningtheworld.com/2011/09/12/deon-hockey-bringing-the-toronto-blessing-fire-serpent-to-a-church-near-you/