Uganda’s New Apostolic Reformation Transformation Disaster

Discerning the World is an internet Discernment ministry based in Johannesburg South Africa that was founded by Deborah du Rand in 2008. Tom Lessing joined Deborah in May 2013. Tom Lessing founded the website "Waak en Bid/Watch and Pray" which was closed in 2013 and articles moved across to DTW.

1. BH says:

If you follow the link to the registration of the C Street House you will see that the ownership has finally been updated.

YWAM (Youth With A Mission) operated a ministry out of the house in the 1980s, but around 1990 the house was sold. Unfortunately the paperwork was never filed correctly and YWAM has continued to be linked with the house because of the paperwork error despite having no link to the house or the activities in it.

Bill Hutchison

Ahhh ok, thank you for that update. I shall update the above article.

Does YWAM have anything to do with Rick Warren and his Purpose Driven plans?

3. LeahLB says:

Excellent article! Thank you! You did a great job. I am immersed in this research and absolutely share your sense of nausea. These people view themselves above reproach and immune from judgement all the while quite busy in deciding who is or is not worthy of redemption. I often say that they need to quit asking WWJD? I don’t think they really want to know!

BTW…I refer to them as “Phalse Prophets for Profit” (and that is profit of any kind…power, money, dominion).

And Deborah, Rick Warren is tied to the ‘c’hristian web as tightly as any of these Phalse Prophets. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bruce-wilson/rick-warren-mentor-tied-t_b_382480.html

and…

this very interesting site ties Warren about every way a guy can be tied to ALL of these characters.

4. Rangdrol says:

I love that you did your homework! I am trying to see if the Presbyterian Renewal Network, an offshoot of the Pres. Church, USA, which has MANY other ogranizations, has had ANY connections to Martin Ssempa, David Bahati, MP, and any of those Ugandan goons.

PRN director Paul Detterman seems to have his hands full running several organizations. They have an international ministry and when I click the link Uganda shows up, but the website is “coming soon”. I wonder if he has any connections to the Anti-Gay Bill (which was shelved this past January 2010). Please let me know if you find anything.

Also, if you read Martin Ssempas website, you will see that he had the support, he claims, of over 200 evangelical US organizations! They even offer him and other Ugandan, Nigerian, etc. congregations money for their followers. Ssempa is just the saddest hateful person on earth.

He says he attended a Biblical University in PA, but then his credits include a Ph.D. from the Harvard School of Public Health. I worked directly for the Commissioner of Health and Hospitals many years ago and got a chance to meet many of the SPH staff and organizers of a number of HIV/AIDS organizations, and it seems a great leap to think that any of those people would have endured a presence such as him, given their commitment to all people affected with HIV/AIDs. And not to mention his complete hatred for gay people.

In any case, I read that Obama’s comments re the anti-gay bill were that it was “odious”. Ssempa wasn’t pleased. He stated that he would call for a million man march, not very original.

Other reports stated that he lost his sister and brother to AIDs and that he blamed them for their promiscuity, so I don’t get the hatred bit, except that maybe he blames gays for HIV/AIDs, and maybe doesn’t know that the real cause, for the spread of the virus—consumption of the flesh of monkeys in the Congo—existed in his own continent.

Scientists discovered the orgin of HIV from a lymph node that was obtained in 1960 at what is now known as Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo. The researches found that the viral ancestor existed between 1902 and 1921.

In any case, hope to hear from you if you make or hear of a connection between PRN and its offshoots and Paul Detterman.

5. brian harvill says:

To whom it may concern,

Congratulate yourself on the cosequences of your actions. Jesus said the tongue is mightier that the sword and he was certainly correct. Now you have the results of your hatred. A man is dead. YOUR fault!

Congratulate yourself and dream sweet dreams of how a man died in pain and alone all because of something that YOU did. I am sure that Jesus would be very proud of you.

[EDITED by DTW: IF someone is dead which I doubt, you can blame Rick Warren]

6. robert fairman says:

I don’t see Jeff Sharlet’s book The Family – the Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power, or the Book C Street The Fundamentalist Threat to American Democracy in your references. YOU MUST READ! I’m a part of the Prayer Breakfast Network in Bakersield, California. We had 1100 Business, Community, Church, Education, Public Sevices people at our breakfast 1 week ago. Many good bible believing people – but I dare say no one knows what we are doing. I’m involved but still don’t know why – probably because it’s so broad that it encompasses all of Evangelicalism and Americanism. I want to tell what I know – I’m a voice – whatever is done in secret shall be revealed and shouted from the housetops and brought to the light.

robert

Do you want to write an article for me?