Visitors from around the World

Translate blog:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

facebook: Discerning the World

Sign up to Receive Email Updates

powered by MailChimp!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Recent Comments

General Comments Section:

Click here for the General Comments Section Discerning the World - General Conversation Section

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Article Archive

Click here to find a List of all Articles List of all Articles
Click here to find a List of all Categories to search by Categories / Keywords

Website Stats

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

T.B. Joshua – The Deceiver

T.B. Joshua - The Deceiver

T.B. Joshua - Church Of All Nations - The SynagogueAn expose’ on T.B. Joshua of The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations

by Sandy Simpson, 3/01  [2]

There has been a lot of talk about T.B. Joshua from Nigeria lately. I have written to him asking for two items: (1) a copy of his doctrinal statement and (2) independent HIV tests from BEFORE those he claims he has healed were allegedly healed proving they had AIDS to begin with. On his The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations web site he makes claims of AIDS healings but provides only testimonials and pictures of people holding up what are supposed to be HIV tests taken, in some cases, before and after the fact. Most people will readily realize that testimonials and HIV tests shown in photographs do not constitute proof. HIV tests from before their visit to The Synagogue should be provided independently of The Synagogue to verify any alleged healings.

That spectacular things are being seen at his church and on video seem to be without doubt. But let’s not forget that many of the “miracles” we see could also be faked. If these are indeed true miracles, we still need to investigate the source. It is important to remember that Satan is capable of both healing (Rev. 13:14) and making people sick (Job 2:7). I have suspected for a long time that occult healings can sometimes be the result of the enemy lifting sickness or disease that was a result of his inflicting sickness and disease in the first place. Why would he do that? Simply to prop up his false prophets and false healers and to deceive people! We also need to be aware of the fact that a house swept clean without true repentance and belief in Jesus Christ is a house that is open to further demonic episodes (Matt. 12:43-45). That’s why it’s always important to check back on those who claim to be healed and see if they are still healed at a later date.

But, most importantly, it’s imperative to test the spirits, judge and compare the doctrinal teachings and beliefs presented by T.B. Joshua with the Word of God. On that basis alone you will discover that this man is teaching heresy — laying error alongside truth. Christians should avoid any man who is using occult techniques in the name of Jesus Christ.

I will now comment on questions and answers given by T.B Joshua in a book called Pastor W.F. Kumuyi and Prophet T.B. Joshua: Are both messengers of God? by Isaac B. Agbaje and Abieye Kalu. [1]  His quotes are very enlightening and should be enough for any true believer to stay far away from this modern day shaman who mixes Christianity with paganism in a very enticing manner.

(Emphasis and notes light blue by Sandy Simpson. Underlining and Red underlining has been used to highlight false doctrines.)
[DTW notes in green]

Q & A session with T.B Joshua

Q: Why he doesn’t criticize other men of God?   A: “Despite the fact that many fellow ministers of God daily blaspheme against me, I refrain from retaliating, because I know the grave consequences of criticizing an anointed man of God … For instance, if you are a minister of God, but deliberately go out of your way to blaspheme against another man of God, whom you knew is a true man of God, you have lost on(e) or two of your spiritual powers to the colleague you blasphemed against unjustifiably.

Where exactly does he get this from the Word of God?  There is absolutely nothing in the Word about people losing “spiritual powers” to someone they rebuke.  In fact the Bible encourages us to rebuke those who are teaching falsely so that they may repent and come back to sound doctrine (Tit. 1:13).  You cannot “blaspheme” men, you can only “blaspheme” God.  Who does He think he is … God?  The big question is: Will T.B. Joshua repent of his false doctrines and witchcraft and be saved?

Q: Those who claimed they gave him power.    A: “One thing that I know for sure about human beings is that if they gave you power or used their position to promote you to an exalted position and you start behaving arrogantly, they will immediately take back the power(s) they gave you or demote you before you know it. I hereby challenge those who claimed they gave me powers to heal and deliver people to withdraw their powers henceforth and render me powerless. Let them nullify my powers if they are the true source.”
“How my detractors should come to think and believe that a man of 36 years can be doing what God has been using me to do with evil powers among millions of Nigerians without another person being able to do the same things beats my imagination.”
“Ordinarily, people should have realized that it is God who is using me to do all these unprecedented miracle, signs and wonders in the lives of His people.”

Notice the egotism of T.B. Joshua.  He claims he is the only person able to do these kinds of miracles.  He needs to get informed about people like Sai Baba and other occult fakirs from books by people like Kurt Koch before he starts claiming his miracles are superior to anyone else’s.  I haven’t seen him plant a mango seed in a pot, have it grow to a tree which bears mangos, then offer them to the crowd to eat as is detailed in Occult ABC by Koch.  This is what fakirs in India have been able to do.  I haven’t seen him raise anyone from the dead.  I haven’t seen him have lights circling around his head like William Branham.  T.B. Joshua has a long way to go to compete with occult false Christians that came before him, and a really long way to go to compete with the occult world.  He is also alleging that people can give their powers to another person.  The only possible reference to this in the Bible would be when Elijah’s mantle was left for Elisha. But Elijah clearly could not give Elisha any “double portion” of his spirit which was only the Lord’s to give.  The concept of giving powers or an anointing to another person is strictly occult and forbidden by Scripture.

Q: T.B.J. challenges the Government.   A: “If the government wants to know who are the true men of God in Nigeria today, they should invite all the notable Pastors, Evangelists and General Overseers to the Tafawa Balewa Square and give each man of God just ten minutes to minister to and pray for the people. Then with the miracles, signs and wonders that confirm the ministration of each man of God, the government will know who are the genuine men of God, and those who are serving mammon.”

Has this type of challenge worked before?  What happened shortly after Elijah prayed and God sent fire down from heaven to consume the altar and sacrifice on Mt. Carmel and the people declared that the Lord, He is God?  They went back to their evil ways.  In this time of the New Covenant after Christ’s death and resurrection and ascension into heaven to be seated at the right hand of God, we are not preaching and leading people to God based on signs and wonders but by preaching the gospel message “because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.” (Rom. 1:16)  Why is T.B. Joshua so concerned about his reputation of being known as a “man of God” and is not concerned about God’s reputation enough to stop teaching false doctrine?

Q: Men (o)f God who go about condemning him?   A: “Those ministers of God who go about condemning me rather than preaching the Gospel they are sent to preach, are doing themselves a great harm. The more they condemn me, the lesser their anointing become. Go round the country today and see what is happening. Those men of God who used to perform great signs and wonder have lost their anointing because of their blasphemies.”

I wonder who made T.B. Joshua the arbiter of “the anointing”?  I thought that was the Holy Spirit.  Where in the Word does it state that those who rebuke false teachers like T.B. Joshua will have “less anointing”?  Are not all Christians anointed equally by the Holy Spirit, and filled according to the works that God wants them to do in humility?  Is the anointing we have in Jesus Christ not conditional on whether or not we obey the Lord in rebuking false doctrine, but instead on the whim of a man who obviously will no longer listen to reproof?  T.B. Joshua has nothing whatsoever to say about who is anointed and who is not!

Q: To those critics who say he is using evil powers   A: “It is not possible for a single person to be working outstanding miracles, signs and wonders which millions of other Nigerians cannot do and for such a person to be an agent of satan. They – the God’s generals – should combine forces and deliver such a satanic person or get rid of him.”

Perhaps it’s time for a true believer to deliver T.B. Joshua!  The statement that a person cannot work miracles and be an agent of satan is ludicrous.  Who does he think will empower the False Prophet?  Who does he think enables witch doctors and shamans the world over to effect healings and miracles of all sorts?  Certainly not God!  What an ego to claim that he can do greater miracles than “millions of other Nigerians”.  This is egotism and pride, not humility.  One of the fruits of the Spirit is humility.

Q: Whose interest does he serve?   A: “The fact that I don’t collect money from the people God uses me to set free proves that I am working for the kingdom of God.
If I am working for satan and don’t collect money from the people he enables me to heal, what then is my gain?”

First of all, is T.B. Joshua now condemning people like Benny Hinn and other TBN televangelists for collecting money?  Are they then not working for the kingdom of God based on Joshua’s criteria?  In saying such a thing isn’t he putting himself in danger of losing “one or two spiritual powers” by his own warped criteria?  Collecting of money has nothing to do with whether one is working for God or satan.  It is how that money is collected and for what purpose it is used that show whether or not it is being used for the kingdom of God.  As to his last statement: “If I am working for satan and don’t collect money from the people he enables me to heal, what then is my gain?” there are other benefits from making a name for yourself … for instance, fame!  What about gaining power and influence over people?  There is much to gain outside of money if that is where the desires of the heart lie.

Q: The rumor that he claimed to be Jesus Christ   A: “I never claimed to be Jesus Christ. I can never claim to be Jesus. There is no amount of power I will have that I will claim to be Jesus Christ. I am an ordinary servant. Even if I have power to create human beings, I can never claim to be Jesus Christ.
Who am I? I sleep, I wake, I eat. This is a rumor!”

I’m glad he at least admits he is not Jesus Christ.  But does the amount of power one has have anything to do with being Jesus Christ in reality?  No man can be Jesus Christ because Jesus Christ is God, not because Jesus Christ has power.  There is a difference.

Q: The allegation by his critics that he doesn’t feed his congregation with the Word of God, but just give them healing.   A: “What is my mission then if I don’t feed them with the Word of God? The Word is God, God is the Word. Miracles are just a means of gathering people for the Lord, so that they could be easily touched by the Holy Spirit and saved by Jesus Christ. My main mission is to save souls for Christ.
If I gather people without feeding them with the Word of God, then how do I achieve my mission? Miracles are just a means to an end, and not an end in itself.”
“Therefore, everyone who received a miracle received it for the salvation of his or her soul.

Actually, the gospel is the means for Christ to gather people to Himself (John 12:32) not signs and wonders.  Miracles are not the calling card to make people so they can be “easily touched” by the Holy Spirit.  It is the message of the gospel that draws men to the foot of the cross in repentance.  Our main mission on earth is not to “save souls for Christ”.  It is to preach the gospel (Mark 16:15) and make disciples of all nations (Mt. 28:19).  Jesus Christ does the saving, we preach the message of good news and disciple those who Jesus saves and who His Spirit immediately indwells upon belief in Christ.  Miracles are not the means whereby salvation is an end.  Preaching of the gospel and faith (Eph. 2:8-9) on the part of the hearer accomplish that through the grace of Jesus Christ.  Miracles don’t save.  Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone.  Apparently T.B. Joshua does not understand this concept.  If not, this is a denial of a core doctrine of the Church.

Q: Whether he has ever traveled out of Nigeria before his call or not.    A: “I have never traveled outside Nigeria before I was called to God’s work. By the grace of God, I’m doing what I’m doing because I’m a promised child. Anybody called a promised child will do what people in his time cannot do. After him many people may pick up from where he left off.”

The question is: Who made what promise to whom and about whom?  No evidence is given here about any promise, but even if there was some kind of prophecy announcing his birth, are we being led to believe that his birth is akin to the birth of Jesus or John the Baptist?  If so, why does he make heretical statements?  Did Jesus or John the Baptist teach heresy?

Q: Why members of The Synagogue greet one another: “Emmanuel”?   A: “My God is a universal God, so He knew the mission He has entrusted me with. In order to be able to identify my people, because He knew that they would spread all over the world, that is why He gave us that name, so anywhere people greet themselves by saying Emmanuel, they will be able to know that they are members of The Synagogue Church of All Nations.
‘Emmanuel’, simply means ‘God is with us’ (Matt 1:23, Isaiah 41:10, Romans 8:31). We also shout ‘Emmanuel’ to glorify God for His blessings and victories on our behalf.”

Who is this “universal God”?  What does he mean by this?  Is He then a God who will save everyone arbitrarily without regard to the sacrifice of His Son Jesus Christ to pay for our sins?  This needs to be clarified.  But the “Church of All Nations” title seems to indicate a universalist mentality.  It also sounds a lot like the globalist church models by Maitreya and others.  Here is a picture of TB Joshua that needs explanation.

UPDATE: Since I posted the above photograph, all elements of which were photographed in the Synagogue, that was clipped from a newspaper article in South Africa, I have since received confirmation of who wrote the article and where it was taken in an e-mail dated 5/11/01. “I am sure you have received the picture where you can see a quatation from the Quaran next to Jesus hanging on the Cross, with the words “There is no Deity but Allah”. (I can send it if you want it). It is inside the Synagogue Church.In another e-mail I was informed about the author of the article. “… Prof Tom Gouws … wrote an article in “Beeld”, an Afrikaans newspaper in Johannesburg, in which he in fact EXPOSED Joshua and pointed out that his doctrine is as deceptive as those of Benny Hinn, Rick Joyner, and others! What the above photo shows is that The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations is an interfaith church. Also, lest we forget, the Quaran states that Allah has no son, therefore this display in the Synagogue cancels itself out. The Catholic crucifix alongside a wall hanging with a quote from the Quaran shows an incredible ignorance on the part of T.B. Joshua of both Islam and Christianity. It is true that there is only one God, but He is one God in Three Persons … Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The “god” of Islam is a false God. The Quaran also states that “God has no son”. That cancels out both the Son and the Father, as without a Son there is also no Father, and of course no Holy Spirit. The God of the Muslims and apparently T.B. Joshua is not Almighty God revealed in the Scriptures, not the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, not YHWH, not the only true living Triune God of Christianity. This denial of the Trinity is just one more proof that T.B. Joshua is a heretic.

[This photo was compiled using many photos taken at T.B. Joshua’s Synagogue. So yes the images has been photoshopped BUT that does in NO WAY mean that the banner and cruxific at the back did not exist at one time.

The word “synagogue” in their church name brings to mind Rev. 2:9 and 3:9 where Christ talks about the “synagogue of satan”.  This was used in conjunction with Jews who claimed to be believers but were not because they were causing Gentile Christians to come back under the Law.  First century Christians did go into the synagogues to witness but met in homes as believers.  The false Jews continued worshiping in synagogues instead of being in fellowship with the Gentile beleivers.  Jesus called these false Jews and their places of worship a “synagogue of satan”.  Anytime you add to salvation by adding requirements such as signs and wonders, interfaith and ecumenical unity, regulations (see the next question), rituals, circumcision, liturgies, works … you become a synagogue of satan.  I think they have aptly named their church organization based on what we know about T.B. Joshua.

Q: Why he is a vegetarian?    A: “I was not born a vegetarian. In fact, when God sent be on this mission, I realized that my work is tedious. I will refer to John 5:37: “And the Father who sent me hath borne witness to me, His Voice you have never heard, His form you have never seen.”
“In a week I deliver contrary spirit carriers (Ogbanjes), witches and wizards (about 1000 of them). They are not ordinary human beings. Some are half human and half fish. So if you eat fish you can not deliver them.”

First of all, no one is born a vegetarian.  What a silly answer to a question not asked.  We are all capable of eating and digesting all kinds of meat products. We know the Lord told Noah they could henceforth eat meat, and finally in the New Testament we are taught that eating meat is fine as long as it is not a stumbling block to others (1 Cor. 10:25-26).  The last part of this answer shows clearly that T.B. Joshua is a shaman.  The Bible says nothing about this, but this kind of secret information is evolutionary in concept and is witchcraft, pure and simple.  It is also ridiculous and ludicrous.

Q: The source of his power?    A: “Jesus Christ is the source of my power. Without His support I will fall. He is my strength. He is my power. He is my sustainer. He is my all. Without Him, I am nothing. I cannot perform any miracle, sign or wonder without the support of Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit.”

So Jesus Christ is T.B. Joshua’s “support” team?  If Joshua were truly a believer he would admit that nothing he does comes from him AT ALL but only from Jesus Christ.  But since Joshua is clearly a shaman Jesus Christ becomes a supporter propping up Joshua’s ministry.

Q: The Mission of the Synagogue Church of All Nations?   A: “The Synagogue I know in Nigeria, which God established and founded and instructed me to oversee, can be adjudged clearly through the works of healing, deliverances and blessings as “The Synagogue of God” going by testimonies of people from other churches, places and societies, home and abroad, who are living beneficiaries of the grace of God which abides and abounds for ever.”

Is there such a thing as a “synagogue of God” today?  Is not the temple of the Holy Spirit today (1) the body of Christ, the Church (1 Cor. 12:13, Eph. 4:4) and (2) the individual believer (1 Cor. 3:16, 6:19)?  When you see Scripture twisting like this it should make you suspicious that the source may be demonic, as adding or subtracting from the Word is one of the enemy’s major ploys.

A: Why his power couldn’t have come from satan.    Q: “If my power is from satan, it will be impossible for me to be continually and consistently working against satan, because satan is the source of AIDS, cancer and other deadly diseases which God has been using me to deliver people from.
If satan is the source of my power, I cannot be working against him, because that will contradict what Jesus Christ said in the Bible that you cannot drive out demons by evil spirit.”

I would challenge the false assumption made here that satan is the source of ALL these diseases.  The Bible is clear that sin (Rom. 6:23) caused a curse (Gen. 3:17) of disease and death to become a fact of life on earth.  The enemy tempted Eve to sin, but it was Adam and Eve who sinned.  That sin brought about death and decay (Rom. 8:21).  Also, why would T.B. Joshua be working against satan if what he is doing is teaching false doctrine which only benefits satan?  Signs and wonders do not prove that it is God that is working.  The proof is in the teachings, both explicitly and implicitly, of people who claim to be miracle workers for God.  To claim that something is of God by subjective means and erroneous arguments is to denigrate the truth of the Word.  Evil spirits can depart or hide themselves when commanded to leave, even by Christians (Mark 9:29).  If satan can accomplish his purpose of deceiving, even possibly the elect, by shuffling demon personnel around from place to place, why would he hesitate even one moment to do so?  Satan is not going to PERMANENTLY command his demons to leave a person because that is against his purposes, but there is nothing stopping satan from shuffling them around (Luke 11:26).

Q: Men of God who are money conscious.    A: “A man of God who places emphasis on money or collects money from the people he heals or delivers will soon fall from grace to grass. Another thing is that when a prophet of God forms the habit of extorting money from those whom God healed through him or her, he or she becomes a partaker of their sicknesses, problems and tribulations.

This is a real indictment against many people who are traveling to Nigeria to get the “anointing” from this guy including John Arnott of the Toronto “Blessing” who I am told has already been there.  If the statement that these people should “fall from grace to grass” is true, we should have seen practically every televangelist fall into “grass” a long time ago.  Wouldn’t it be a kick to see someone like Paul and Jan Crouch grazing in a field like Nebuchadnezzar?  But as we know the wicked sometimes prosper (Jer. 12:1) and frankly they are all flourishing right now.  Why?  I believe these false prophets and healers are a judgment of God on those who call themselves believers in Christ.  The question is: Who loves the truth of the Word of God?  Here again we see another shamanic connection made by Joshua between taking money and getting sick and having problems and tribulations.  I don’t see the money preachers today coming under this judgment but they seem to be healthy and running all over the globe to raise more and more money for satellites and private jets.  The Bible places no such curse on people who love money, only that they will end up worshipping the god of mammon instead of the true God and be damned in eternity (Luke 16:13).

Q: The secret of his success?   A: “My critics and persecutors have made me to move closer to God, and to rely on Him absolutely. I know I have so many enemies and persecutors; hence I make God my shelter and Jesus Christ my only friend. As for worldly friends, I have none, because I know that sooner than later, they will disappoint me. I always strive to do the will of God, obey Him and follow His directions to the letter. This is why my divine power increases daily.
I thank God for my enemies and persecutors, without them, I would not have come this far.”

We are not to abandon the fellowship of the body of Christ (Acts 2:42, Heb. 10:25), yet we have here a man who has no friends by his own admission.  That is not a Christian witness at all!  Also notice that he talks about “my divine power”.  Is Joshua then “divine”?  Is it truly his divine power?  Should he not rather say that the power and glory belongs to Jesus Christ?

Q: Miracles and Faith?   A: “Many people clap their hands and applaud energetically when they witness a miracle. But it takes faith and divine intervention to say to the cripple: Rise up and walk in Jesus name.”

This is a true statement.  But are these miracles of God or miracles of satan?  All kinds of people use Jesus’ name these days but many will end up this way: “Many will say to me on that day, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, `I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'” (Matt. 7:22-23)

Q: God’s power and satan’s power.   A: “The power of God is used to glorify God and the power of satan to glorify satan.”

This is also true.  That is why these miracles glorify satan because they lead people into false doctrines and occultism.  No amount of the application of Jesus’ name can cover the false doctrines that you have already seen in this article.

Q: Righteousness and God’s blessing.   A: “You need to live a righteous life to enable you to claim your God-ordained blessing. Righteousness brings awareness of God’s blessing while unrighteousness blocks your channel of blessing.”

Are we saved on the basis of a righteous life?  That is impossible.  We are only saved by grace and nothing else.  God is capable of prospering a sinner saved by grace as well as a wicked man.  It’s up to the Lord.  As Christians our goal is not seeking after blessings as much as coming into a relationship with the Father based on the blood of Jesus Christ in which He takes care of our needs.  Many people from many religions have lived as righteous a life as possible on this earth.  But if they die without Christ they will be judged on the basis of that righteous life, and not one of them will stand up to the righteousness of God and His Law.  I don’t know about you but I put my faith in the substitutionary death and resurrection of Christ to provide me salvation, not in my righteous life to bring me blessings.  I leave the blessings up to the judgment of God.

Q: The need to seek God first.  A: “First seek to know God, do His will and obey His commands. God is the source of all your worldly desires be it wealth, peace, happiness, good health and security. All you will ever need to live a successful life have been provided by God. The key to claim them is to seek first the kingdom of God.

T.B. Joshua is here hawking the Word-Faith party line.  Is God really just our butler in the sky awaiting our every whim and desire for “wealth, peace, happiness, good health and security”?  I think not!  We are to be servants of God and bring Him the glory, taking up our cross (even unto death) and following Him.  We may ask, seek and knock but we don’t declare, summon and invoke!  If a person is really seeking the kingdom of God (and His righteousness (Matt. 6:33)) he will seek the will of God as well which usually includes discipline from God to His children (Heb. 12:6).  There is no secret Gnostic mystical “key” that causes God to rain down riches and health from on high.  We are simply called to be faithful to God and allow Him to work out His purposes in our lives and the lives of those we minister to.

Q: Temptation and Destruction   A: “If you are not above temptation e.g, temptation of money, temptation of women, you are not above human destruction.”

No one is “above temptation”.  We are all tempted (Matt. 26:41, James 1:13-15).  Even Jesus was tempted (Matt. 4:1, Heb. 4:15).  We are to pray that we are not led into temptation (Luke 11:4) but temptation will always be with us and God will make a way out of temptation and will not allow us to be tempted above what we are able (1 Cor. 10:13).  The only way to rise above temptation is to not give into it and that can only be accomplished by submitting to Jesus Christ (James 4:7).  Again we have another major doctrine being taught wrongly by T.B. Joshua.

Q: Uniqueness and Persecution.   A: “If you can do what thousands or millions of people around you cannot do, you need to watch your steps. People will persecute you. They will call you names. But if what you are doing, thousands around you can as well do it, then you will have no problem. You will have many friends. Nobody will be after you.”

Is T.B. Joshua again claiming he is the only person who can do miracles?  What an ego!  So now having friends is contingent on us all being able to do miracles, eh?  I thought friendship was based on love, but then I guess I am old fashioned.

Q: False Prophets and Ministers of God.   A:”The Bible says that satan will come as an angel of light and his agents as ministers of righteousness. (11 Cor. I 1: 14) Be careful you are not deceived by the eloquent preachers and evangelists who can quote every verses of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. They may be agents of satan in disguise (11 Cor. I I: 14).”

Notice the subtle shift from the truth in the first part to a put down of those who teach sound doctrine in the second part of his answer.  This is exactly the laying of truth alongside error that Peter warned us about (2 Pet. 2:1).  T.B. Joshua is indeed an angel of light to those he heals, but along with those healings of dubious origin come doctrines of demons that can shipwreck your faith!  Don’t ever belittle those who exegete the Word of God and proclaim the gospel and who memorize Scripture, T.B.!

Q: The cause of problems?   A: “The cause of problem is sin. When you don’t go into sin you don’t have problems. The more you go into sin the more problems you have. So sin is the food of satan, if you don’t give satan food he will not be feasting on you.’

Sin is not the food of satan, it is the result of the temptations of satan and his goal for every human being.  Satan is a self-sufficient being that does not need our sin to survive.  His rebellion against the Almighty God is enough to carry him along till the day of his destruction which was ordained from eternity past.

Q: Identifying False Miracle Workers and Genuine Ministers of God.   A: “I think we should leave that one to God who will separate the sheep from the goats at the appointed time. Though before God does the separation, there will be a lot of confusion but, He will do it at His own good time.”

God will indeed separate the sheep from the goats, the wheat from the chaff.  But we are to separate ourselves from heretics now (Rom. 16:17, Titus 3:10, 2 Cor. 6:17)!  It is people like T.B. Joshua who are causing the confusion.  There would be no confusion if we didn’t have all these heretics running around confusing people.

Q: Living a fulfilled life?   A: “Spiritually speaking, every lack is hunger. Sickness, poverty and even death is hunger. And the permanent fulfillment of this hunger is an unconditional acceptance of Jesus Christ into your life. When Jesus lives in you, hunger, poverty and sickness will become thing of the past.

This is simply Word-Faith false doctrine.  God never promised us that “hunger, poverty and sickness” would be a thing of the past in this life.  He gave us eternal life and abundant life here, but that sometimes includes hunger, poverty and sickness.  How can this man from Nigeria say such a thing to the poor people that come to his meetings?  What a slap in the face!  Wouldn’t it lighten the load of many poor people in Africa if Joshua would stop handing them empty promises and allow the Lord to save them and do His work in their lives?

Q: The benefits of living according to God’s will?   A: “God is the source of all blessings, both spiritual and material blessings. For you to continue to enjoy God’s blessings, you must continually live according to His will and commands.
Remember, the moment you do anything in opposition to God’s commands, you strain your fellowship with God, thereby blocking your channel of blessing.

Again we see clear Word-Faith false doctrines.  I’m glad when I used to backslide into rebellion against God that He did not “block” His “channel of blessings” to me and reached out to me by the conviction of His Holy Spirit.  What is more blessed than having God come after you when you are in sin?  There is nothing in the Bible about any personal channel of blessing however.  God is not some kind of giant television set in the sky.  We are not going to “channel” our blessings from God either by any act of righteousness.  God is sovereign. His grace is free and unmerited on our part.  We are called to a life of righteousness, but not based on what we can get from God but on our relationship and love for Him.  This Word-Faith stuff is completely humanistic — man based.  It is all “What can I get out of this deal”.  It’s truly sickening!

Q: Why some Ministers of God have lost their anointing and become powerless.   A: “The majority of men of God have brought problems upon themselves because of their greed for the material things of life. Many have lost their anointing while some have been demoted spiritually, because of their lust for money and other worldly things of life.
Those who make it a habit to collect money from the people God used them to heal or deliver should know that this is a breach of Christ’s command which says, “freely you are given and freely shall you give.” Spiritual gifts are not for self-glorification, but for the glorification of God.”

This is a good statement, with the exception of the underlined phrase.  Are we supposed to apply some kind of man-centered business model to our Christianity whereby we can be “demoted” in spirituality?  This is absurd.  But the rest of the statement is an indictment against many of the preachers who are now flocking to Nigeria to see this guy.  I would also like to know who has admitted that they lost their “anointing” because they fleeced the flock?  I don’t see anyone who this has happened to at this point.  You can’t lose the true anointing of the Holy Spirit unless you lose your faith in Him, and that can only happen once based on my reading of the Scriptures (Heb. 6:4-6).  Is he then saying that those who have fleeced the flock are unregenerate and doomed to hell?  Are they unregenerate or have they simply been demoted?  You can’t have it both ways.  Either you have the Holy Spirit or you don’t.  A person can certainly shrink back from faith (Heb. 10:39) but I don’t see anything in the Word about being “demoted spiritually”.  The lesson Jesus taught to the disciples in Mark 10:42-44 is not based on position and title but on function and aim.  Those who would be leaders are supposed to be the servants of all.  We don’t operate by a worldly pyramidic model but we work together side by side in furtherance of the kingdom of God.

Q: The carnally-minded people?   A: “The carnally-minded people are the preys of this world. They are susceptible to all evil attacks. For the agents of satan, to catch and destroy the carnally-minded people is as easy as catching a fly.
The carnally-minded are the living dead among human beings, and they account for about 80% of the human population. They are the fornicators, the adulterers, the drunkards, the boastful, the mischievous and self-seeking people.”

Where does he come up with an 80% figure for unregenerate human beings?  Also, it seems to me that his boast of casting demons out of 1000 half-fish half-human witches and warlocks is quite a boast.  I hope he has his facts straight or else he might as well join the 80%.

Q: Effective Faith.  A: Faith means the Word of God mixed with God’s Spirit. When you speak the Word of God and it is mixed with the Spirit of God, whatever you decrees comes to pass.

This is pure shamanism and Word-Faith delusion.  It is true that Jesus Christ is the Logos, the living Word.  Every word out of His mouth was the Word of God.  But the Word of God is not mixed with God’s Spirit, it is the Word spoken by the Spirit of God.  The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity, not merely some force that can be mixed with anything.  Only God can speak things into existence.  If a prophet preaches the Word of God accurately then what he decrees will come to pass because it was already ordained by the Word of God.  But people cannot just decide, based on some subjective experience, to declare something into existence.  When you do that you open the door to demonic deception.  This is faith in the force of faith, not faith in the person of Jesus Christ.

Q: True Born-again Christians?   A: “Whoever is born of God overcomes the world. A true born-again Christian is a river of life. Joy, goodness, love and peace flow from the one who has the Holy Spirit of God living in him or her.”

This is true, although not stated exactly this way in the Word.  We are not some kind of gnostic river, but the fruit of the Spirit will be readily evident in the life of a Christian because of the indwelling Holy Spirit.  We cannot impart anything of ourselves but we can preach the gospel, pray for people to be healed and have compassion and mercy on those less fortunate.  The problem with the reference to “a river” is that it is tied to the concept of the “River” movement and the transferable impartation, etc.

Q: Why (do) Christians still have problems after accepting Christ?   A: “Some Christians still face serious problems after accepting Jesus Christ into their lives because they live like occasional Christians. They live for Christ today and tomorrow live for satan.
For any Christian to overcome always he or she must be a Christian always. A true Christian is not to do the will of God occasionally, but at all the time.”

The problem is that we cannot do the will of God simply by our own effort (Rom. 7:19-25), which this statement implies.  It is good and right to live in obedience to God, but we need God’s help.  This is not mentioned in his response.  Without God’s help we will never be able to do His will, and certainly not “all the time”.  For a Christian to overcome they must be more than merely “a Christian always” but must have faith (1 John 5:4).

Q: Making friends with the worldly people.   A: “Some people make many friends who will help them in times of trouble because they do not have Jesus to depend upon. If Jesus Christ is your friend, trouble will run from you.

While we live in this world trouble will always be with us (Ps. 91:15, 2 Cor. 1:4).  Just because we have a relationship with Jesus Christ does not mean trouble will “run” from us.  Jesus Christ will protect us and not allow us to be tempted above what we are able to bear, but trouble will be with us until the day when Christ comes again.  It is amazing to me just how few teachings people like T.B. Joshua seem to get right.  But then if a person has another spirit it would be understandable.

Q: Why he has no bank account.  A: “I don’t save money in the bank because I am not thinking of failure. I believe the Grace of God in my life will continue to increase. The moment I start taking money to banks, then I’m thinking of failure. If you have faith in God to provide for your needs always, you don’t bother to save money in the bank. Personally, I strongly believe that God will always provide for all my needs till the end of the mission He sent me to accomplish. So there is no need for me to start saving for the rainy day. Why should I keep money in the bank while millions around me are suffering – can’t feed themselves and their families? There are millions of people around me who need financial help even to keep their bodies and souls together. I will definitely offend God if I don’t help these people but choose to save my excess in the bank.”

This is admirable.  We’ll keep watching and see how long this mood lasts.  Probably not for long is my guess.  But I admire his convictions to give money to the poor.  I can only hope that continues.  Just remember that Mother Theresa also gave her life to the poor, but her belief system was far afield from orthodoxy.  What does it profit the poor to give them money without preaching the true gospel to them for the salvation of their souls?  What does it profit a man to give his money to the poor having placed his faith in a different Jesus, a different gospel, a different Spirit?

Q: His unique divine personality.   A: “The divine person in me can do a million things simultaneously. I can appear to thousands people in their dreams in any part of the world to set them free of their sicknesses, problems and afflictions.”

This resembles closely what Maitreya has claimed he will be able to do.  Maitreya says that he will appear on TV on his “Day Of Declaration” and everyone will hear him in their head without him audibly speaking.  This is why I can’t help but think T.B. Joshua may be a good candidate for the False Prophet.  And again we see the meglomaniacal dreams of this man!  Can he document that he has done this?  Most offensive in this statement is his claim of being able to do things by “the divine person in me”.  Why didn’t he mention the Holy Spirit?  Is T.B. Joshua divine now?

Q: Salvation?   A: “Salvation is by God’s grace. It is not for sale. You cannot buy the Kingdom of God with money.”

This is true.  But then he adds requirements of works to this statement both explicitly in statements above or implicitly by what he does.

Q: Destructive Journalism.   A: “Frankly speaking, the majority of Nigerian journalists are not helping Nigeria. For it is unpatriotic to run down what can uplift one’s fatherland. The whites don’t do this kind of thing.
What is happening here in The Synagogue today is enough to make Nigeria greater than Mecca or Jerusalem.The signs and wonders that God is doing here can turn Nigeria into the greatest Holy Land or Tourist Centre in the world. Rather than our journalists to encourage these good things they prefer to publish negative things about the church. However, I am not saying that all the journalists are bad, many of them are good, objective and highly patriotic.”

It is true that T.B. Joshua by reason of his demonic miracles has turned Nigeria into a Mecca.  To compare Nigeria to Jerusalem, however, is ridiculous.  Jerusalem is the center of Biblical prophecy for thousands of years, and for ages to come.  T.B. Joshua is an egomaniac of mega proportions.  He may well turn Nigeria into the latest destination for the spiritually confused.  But like Brownsville and Toronto, Nigeria, too, will have it’s day and then fade.  This too will pass.

Q: Why he usually gives money to those God used him to heal free of charge?   A: “Love without charity is no love at all. These people badly need help as most of them had spent all the money they had to procure cure for their respective ailments before God directed them here for their bearings. After being healed of their various afflictions some need to eat nutritional food, some need money to settle their outstanding house rents while some who had lost their jobs need to be rehabilitated. As a man of God I cannot close my eyes to their suffering. I have to do the little I can to help them out.”

This is admirable.  Whether or not they have had true divine healing is a matter to test over the course of time.  It is certain, however, that no Divine healing is coming from T.B. Joshua.  If anyone is healed by God it is because God is merciful.  On the basis of his heretical teachings, however, it seems far more likely that any “healings” are either snake oil or demonic healings.

Q: His Disciples/Aides’ Antecedents and Future.   A: “Some came because of one problem or the other while some came through God’s call, but at the end of the day, it’s not all of them that will be qualified. They will first serve as servants as Elisha served Elijah. Elisha went to Elijah to be his servant. From servant, if you are honest and obedient, it is left for God to choose you as a disciple. God will do the work of making you a disciple or a prophet, but my own is to train you as a servant of God.

Apparently this is a warning to let people know that T.B. Joshua is the boss, and if anyone wants his “anointing” they had better bow down and be trained under Joshua.  I think this is what they call “lording it over them” in the Word (Mark 10:42-43).

Q: Judging Others?   A: “If you judge your fellow being now who will judge them on the day of judgment? Always remember that we see things not as they are but as we are.”

This is ridiculous.  God will judge in any case whether we judge or not.  What T.B. Joshua ignores is that there are ways in which we ARE to judge.  We are to judge what people teach (1 Cor. 10:15, Acts 17:11), judge between right and wrong morally (1 Cor. 5:11-13; Luke 12:57, 2 Pet. 3:17; John 7:24), and test the spirits (1 John 4:1).  I hope everyone reading this article will test the spirit of T.B. Joshua and judge rightly!  Also, if we are incapable of seeing things the way they are, then we are incapable of making any kind of decision or right judgment about anything in this world.  Most importantly, we do not base our judgments as believers on our own ideas but on Scripture.  Apparently T.B. Joshua judges everything by what he thinks and feels.  If that is the case then he is the one who is truly “judgmental”.

Q: Forgiveness    A: “Forgiveness is a special gift of God, no one can receive it except by faith.”

I don’t see this statement in the Bible.  Grace is a gift from God.  Forgiveness is certainly an attribute of the Spirit but it is also something we must do.  Otherwise why would we pray the Disciple’s Prayer and ask the Lord to “forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.” (Luke 11:4) This is a dangerous prayer if we are not forgiving others.  Forgiveness is not something we receive so much as a reflection of the changes brought about by the indwelling Spirit.

Q: Anointing    A: “There is no school for anointing, it is purely by God’s grace.

Glad to hear this.  For once he got it right.  Then why is he likening Nigeria to Mecca where people are coming to sit under his teaching and anointing, etc.?  Nice answer but it is not consistent with the rest of what he is teaching.

Q: Need to be careful about what one says?   A: “Beware of what you say because what you say may influence others.”

Nice saying.  Now if he would just apply it to himself!

Q: On Miracles and Thanksgiving.   A: “The fact that God is using me to perform astounding miracles, signs and wonders does not mean that the other ministers of God are not anointed men of God or that their churches are not living churches. All fingers are not equal. If you have been lucky to receive your miracle here in The Synagogue Church, you are free to go back to your own church to give your thanksgiving to God, because the Body of Christ is one. All glory and praises belong to Jesus Christ who enables us to work miracles in His mighty name.”

Which Jesus Christ is he is talking about?  Is this the one that guarantees healing, wealth and prosperity?  Is it the same one who made fish people?  Is it the same one who is mixed together with His Word?  This it is not the same Jesus Christ of the Bible.

For more infromation on T.B. Joshua, read this:  rebuttal of the article “Miracle Man”by Bill Randles.


Perhaps T.B. Joshua ought to heed his own advice and keep God’s commandments in His Word starting with these:

Titus 1:9 

He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.
Titus 2:1  You must teach what is in accord with sound doctrine.

T.B. Joshua is obviously not teaching sound doctrine.  In fact he is clearly teachings false Word-Faith doctrines as well as straight occultism.  The Bible has a few things to say about people like T.B. Joshua:

2 Tim. 4:3-4 

For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.
2 Peter 2:1 

But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them–bringing swift destruction on themselves.

Matt. 24:23-36 

At that time if anyone says to you, `Look, here is the Christ!’ or, `There he is!’ do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect–if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time. So if anyone tells you, `There he is, out in the desert,’ do not go out; or, `Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it.

Addendum 5/29/00:  Since the time this article was written we have received more information about TB Joshua from a credible source in South Africa.  The T.B. in T.B. Joshua stands for Temitope Balogun.  We are still trying to find out if his name has any special meaning.

He doesn’t answer questions about his background or himself. There are rumors that he grew up as a Muslim and that he isolated himself for 16 years, before he started his church. Asked about this, he says one must look at his ministry/services to see who he is.

We will continue to try to verify this information. He believes sin causes illness. If someone is healed and become ill again, it is because the person has sinned again. He has no church council, elders or deacons. He says this would limit the grace of God that works through him. If he has no accountability as set forth in the Scriputres, the grace of God is useless to him and others he teaches.

He prays over handkerchiefs, photographs and other personal belongings and ask people to take it home with them. Also over little bags of water, which are hand out at the church. According to one of his workers, these bags can also heal people. There were also reports that Joshua refers to the water in the bags as the ”blood of Christ” and that people must suck on it. 

The conclusion is that those who are true believers should stay far away from this man who is a wolf in sheep’s clothing!

[1]  Actual interview:
[2] Comments inserted into interview from:
Top image of TB Joshua taken from:


61 comments to T.B. Joshua – The Deceiver

  • Discerning The World

    More on TB here:

  • Adjoa

    First of all, I wish to declare that whatever statement I make now,I make it on nutral grounds.I take no sides for now.For my loyalty is to God and not to man.If indeed this interview, that has been analysed and commented upon, is true, and if those are truely the words of TB Joshua, then I will advise the prphet(?)not to grant any more public interviews. For his own name’s sake, he should refrain from granting interviews because in his own words, I personally see clearly arguments that are so unchristian and unacceptable according to the doctrine of Jesus Christ. I immediately feel ashamed of him when for instance he argues that he will not eat fish because he delivers people of marine spirits and so on.Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the author and finisher of our faith.He sent his disciples to go and heal the sick, raise the dead, deliver the demon possessed etc and yet, we see him roasting fish for them to eat just before he leaves them for his eternal glory. If the man of God(?)does not mind, can he clarify some of the funny and unchristian arguments he has put forward or henceforth refrain from granting any interviews.Also, is he sure he reads his Bible? is he sure it the spirit of God that is operating in him? Obviously, there is something missing in his Powerful(?) ministry.May God have mercy on us all.

  • Adjoa

    May be those are not his own words.

  • Discerning The World


    They are his own words….sorry. TB Joshua is no good. Now warn others so they are not deceived.

  • cecilia

    on TB Joshua’s comment on the question if he claims to be Jesus Christ –
    > T.B. Joshua (a translation of ‘Jesus’) is addressed as Immanuel (“God with us”) in “The Synagogue”. In the first official video the song “Emmanuel, our God” is repeated over and over whilst the camera focuses on the healings. Whilst driving out a demon, Joshua asked the demon: “And who am I?” The demon answered: “You are Jesus, the Christ.” Joshua laughed and called others and said to them: “Hear what this demon says”. (Beeld Newspaper 02.05.01)
    TB Joshua did not deny the ‘claim’! cecilia

  • cecilia

    D, isn’t it sad that so many “christian leaders” from South Africa rushed to “the synagogue” to “catch the anointing” or to “have the anointing imparted”. I shiver if I think what else they all were imparted with! cecilia

  • Discerning The World


    You know, it’s sad that there are many South Africans that rush off north to TB Joshua to get healings etc. What gets me even more is the massive deception in Africa as a whole towards TB Joshua. I can see why Africa is the 1st and easiest target for the NWO. There is such a mixture of religions mixed in with religions in Africa that when someone like TB comes along it fits in with their culture and the message appeals to their wicked ways. People only want signs and wonders, they don’t want to repent.

  • ssm


  • cecilia

    ssm – i think it’s actually called “to critique”. or then back to the Bible :
    2 Timothy 4 – 2Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. 3For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
    Malachi 3:18 – Then shall you return and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him who serves God and him who does not serve Him.
    But this here that you’ve seen, is good and thorough research, discerning that which is not according to the Bible; and IS NOT to be confused with criticizing. ceclia

  • E. Mugwira

    I have more questions than answers now after reading this post. I don’t what to qualify or nullify but to have answers as to what ‘spirit’ is behind the numerous criticism of “Man of God”.

  • Elmarie A

    E. Mugwira
    TBJ is not a man of God and the Word can show you this.

    Do you know what it is to test all things to see whether they are from God or false spirits. Do you know that Satan can make one one blind unable to see the truth. Satan deceives people as an angel of light to make people think that what they think is true. The Bible also tells us that many false prophets will arise. Sorry but TB J has been tested by Biblical standards and is a false prophet. People like TBJ con the poor out of their hard earned money. I can still say so much about this false prophet but need we say more?

    If one have received the Holy Spirit as a gift from God as a born again christian, one is always lead to the truth and also convicted of sin. We must constantly pray that the truth prevails in ones life and ask for forgivnes of our sins daily, hourly and every minute. Discernment is important finding the truth and if one is led by the Holy Spirit truth always prevail. I Pray that you are doing this.

    1 Thessalonians 5:21
    But test and prove all things [until you can recognize] what is good; [to that] hold fast.

    Matthew 24:24
    For false Christs and false prophets will arise, and they will show great signs and wonders so as to deceive and lead astray, if possible, even the elect (God’s chosen ones).

    2 Corinthians 11:13-15 (New International Version)
    13For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

  • Bennie

    Hi Guys, I think u all must be rather careful to say bad things about TB J. Dont judge him. Rather go there and see for youselfs. Kan u imgine how bad it would be for you if everything is true and u are talking bad about what God is doing in Nigeria… So if u think TB is fake rather say nothing.. In saying nothing u cant be doing anything wrong but if you talk bad and u are wromg it will be 2 your detriment.

    Rather pray for him .. that God can use him.

  • Deborah (Discerning the World)


    So you are happy that he uses witchcraft while using the name of God to heal the sick?





  • why?

    and why was my comment deleted? or isit that u couldnt carry the load? anyway, i think this deborah is…………(wont say). and i’ve not seen an article on IPHC. that church whereby they call their leader “god”. or are you part of it[kidding]. anyway, its a family church just like the ZCC

    [EDITED BY DTW – I have not seen your comments until this one. I am gathering you are not a Christian based on what you want to call me. Please do note that all your comments will be deleted from now on.]

  • Thembinkosi


    Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.

    You`ve been WARNED.

  • Deborah (Discerning the World)


    I’ve been warned? I think not.

  • Burning Lamp

    That verse applies to those who are TRULY anointed and are NOT false prophets. Those defending false teachers like to drag this one out of context and misapply it. The New Testament tells us to EXPOSE false teachers and have nothing to do with them. Strange how people welcome delusion with open arms but treat truth to be avoided like the plague.

  • Michael

    Bennie said…So if u think TB is fake rather say nothing.. In saying nothing u cant be doing anything wrong but if you talk bad and u are wromg it will be 2 your detriment.

    Really!… and be indifferent to the myriad of souls plummeting into eternal hell.In God’s terms indifference is the opposite of true agape love…if a man cannot understand this his heart is degenerate and is a clear indicator that He has never understood the message of the Cross and why the Lord Jesus Christ had to die for our sins.

  • Robbie

    Bennie, Of course God can use TB Joshua.

    God used evil in many instances in the Bible… for His purpose…

  • jeff

    [speaking in gibberish is not welcome]

  • Kate Akele

    Is it now you guys know that T.B JOSHUA isn’t the real McCoy? i was wondering when you’d add him to the ‘avoid these pastors’ list!

  • Baie dankie vir die openbaring en bevestiging! Ekt altyd getwyfel in die gees van Bennie Hinn & TB Joshua.
    Here, ek bid dat ons die Waarheid sal besef deur U genade, deur U kosbare Woord; lewe kan he en dit in oorvloed; outoriteit sal he sodat die duiwel sal ophou steel en vernietig. EK behoort aan U en wil my lewe oorgee aan U. U wat die heelal gemaak het vir U eie glorie, ook my gemaak het slegs vir U glorie. Help U my asb, ons het U nodig!
    Wat se voorreg is dit nie, gemaak vir die ewigheid, om ewige by Jesus te wees nie, God van liefde, maar ook ‘n God van wraak / roede, vir die wie Sy genade / HG verwerp.

  • Robbie


    Presies soos jy se. Nou besef ons hoe belangrik dit is om by Sy voete te sit terwyl die hele wereld heen en weer hardloop agter enige mensgemaakte doktrine.

    Hou aan lees, hier is nog baie.

  • Herman Badenhorst

    From the outset I must say there are some things that Prof. Gouws teaches that I disagree with for one the rapture. However this enlighting article about T.B. Joshua I greatly appreciate.

    For those that say you must go there and check him out for yourselves: Well my wife and I accompanied a pastor Edgar Phillips from Alberton to Lagos. We sat there for days on end watching videos about all the claimed miracles. We attended some of his meetings including the Sunday meetings and an end of the month meeting dedicated to “healings”.

    We saw numerous people throwing up and curling around like snakes BUT WE NEVER SAW ONE ACTUAL MIRACLE.

    I must concede that some healings may be of occultistic origin but I am inclined to believe most are just staged.

    The Lord bless you and keep you.

    Herman Badenhorst
    Glenvista, Johannesburg

  • Nathan

    Its a fake interview, see the following interview to confirm-

    Shame on all that have attacked and condemned based on hearsay and slander, you allowed yourselves to be tools of Satan. The word says we must establish every truth.

    If further interest, view this investigation by the investigative body “The Religious Monitor”-

    And here, a piece by a prominent dutch theologian-
    God bless

  • Nathan wrote:

    Its a fake interview, see the following interview to confirm-

    Shame on all that have attacked and condemned based on hearsay and slander, you allowed yourselves to be tools of Satan. The word says we must establish every truth.

    If further interest, view this investigation by the investigative body “The Religious Monitor”-

    And here, a piece by a prominent dutch theologian-
    God bless


    If Jesus is omnipresent, which of course He is, and if He is capable of healing, which of course He is, why do people go to TB Joshua to be healed? If he (TB) is not the one who is doing the healing, which he admits, and Jesus is omnipresent, which of course He is, then no one needs to go to TB Joshua to be healed. They can pray for healing themselves and indeed be healed if it is the will of God. The very fact that multitudes are streaming to TB Joshua for healing proves that they have no faith in Jesus at all. What does the Bible teach?

    Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. (James 5:14-15)

    But the problem today is that most elders in the church are either not saved or have little faith in Jesus. That’s why they go to TB Joshua for healing because they believe Jesus is there and do not believe that He is in their own churches. TB Joshua is a shaman clothed in false Christian garb.

  • Nathan wrote:

    Its a fake interview, see the following interview to confirm-

    Shame on all that have attacked and condemned based on hearsay and slander, you allowed yourselves to be tools of Satan. The word says we must establish every truth.

    If further interest, view this investigation by the investigative body “The Religious Monitor”-

    And here, a piece by a prominent dutch theologian-
    God bless

    The Religious Monitor wrote:

    At our request, both the Lagos State and Federal Government of Nigeria carried out thorough and extensive investigation of all the allegations through the use of State investigative network. Result of the Government investigation revealed that there was no substance in the Pastor Chris Okotie’s and the Pentecostal fellowship allegations against Pastor T. B. Joshua as a result of which the Government pronounced verdict of innocence.

    This is like going to the devil (the father of all lies) and to ask him whether something is true or not. Of course he will tell you that something is true even though it may the most infamous lie in the universe.

    Shame on you for believing corrupt governments in stead of Jesus Christ who said through Paul:

    For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. (2 Co 11:13)

  • Deborah (Discerning the World)


    Looks like he just changed his answers and now denies saying those things. That interview is fact, TB Joshua is just denying it now.

  • Nathan

    It would be easy to prove if it is denial, just as it is easy to write a fake interview. Please give us the source of the interview and any documented evidence it actually took place.
    Meanwhile, the documented sources I provided all show that TB Joshua is without fault morally and doctrinally.
    Where is your evidence that he is using occult powers? Do you have any at all? Or are you just slandering baselessly?

  • Nathan

    Thomas Lessing (Watch and Pray / Waak en Bid) wrote:


    Shame on me for believing governments?
    I am believing governments, respected religious investigation bodies, respected evangelists and my own personal witness.

    Who are you believing? One supposed interview from an unknown source.

  • Nathan


    Would you have said people shouldn’t have gone to apostle Paul for healing?
    Or Peter?
    Why are you making exception for TB Joshua?
    If the Lord wants to use TB Joshua to heal, as he used Paul, who are you to criticise?

  • Nathan

    Furthermore, today we can all watch Emmanuel TV which shows everything that happens in a service there, instead of basing our position on a mysterious interview from the internet.
    How about watch and then take your evidence from your own eye witness?

  • Nathan wrote:

    Furthermore, today we can all watch Emmanuel TV which shows everything that happens in a service there, instead of basing our position on a mysterious interview from the internet.
    How about watch and then take your evidence from your own eye witness?

    Nathan, you should know just as well as I that Satan, in order to deceive people, must disguise his lies with truth – 99% truth and 1% lies is enough to mislead people. That is precisely why Paul warned that Satan presents himself as an angel of light and his disciples as apostles of righteousness. When the girl who followed Paul and some other disciples shouted “These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation” she was not lying but telling the truth. However, Paul realizing that any association with a demon possessed person (the girl was possessed with the Python-demon spirit of Delphi and her masters exploited her to get rich) would damage the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So . . . after many days, Paul exorcised the spirit. False teachers are very adept in proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ but for all the wrong reasons. Many people are deceived in this way and open themselves to all kinds of other things that accompany his preaching and teaching. In the long run these things overshadow the Gospel to the extent that people get hooked on false teaching.

  • Nathan,

    You are free to believe whatever you want to believe but don’t pull others with you down the drain.

  • Nathan wrote:

    Would you have said people shouldn’t have gone to apostle Paul for healing?
    Or Peter?

    Why are you making exception for TB Joshua?

    If the Lord wants to use TB Joshua to heal, as he used Paul, who are you to criticise?

    Neither Paul nor Peter used the methods TB Joshua uses to allegedly heal people. I don’t see anywhere in Scripture people vomiting when they were healed or delivered from demons.

    Read here.

  • Nathan

    @Thomas- nothing you have said changes the fact you have zero evidence that TB Joshua uses occult methods. Yet you believe it.
    The law of the land seeks evidence before passing a sentence, why are your standards lower?
    Paul didnt use the same method? What, the method of praying in the name of Jesus Christ?
    Find one video clip or anything of him using occult methods, just one- can you? No, because it doesn’t exist.

  • Nathan

    @Thomas- nothing you have said changes the fact you have zero evidence that TB Joshua uses occult methods. Yet you believe it.
    The law of the land seeks evidence before passing a sentence, why are your standards lower?
    Paul didnt use the same method? What, the method of praying in the name of Jesus Christ?
    Find one video clip or anything of him using occult methods, just one- can you? No, because it doesn’t exist.

    Praying in the Name of Jesus Christ didn’t impress Jesus in the very least.

    Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Mat 7:21-23)

    There are several YouTube videos that clearly show hat TB Joshua’s methods are steeped in the occult. Maybe you have seen them but though your TB glasses. Look a them through the eyes of Jesus.

  • Nathan

    @Thomas- oh really? Do explain. What is occult about it? Take one clip and explain to us where the occult activity is. You are adamant it is there, so show us.

  • Nathan

    @Thomas- and thank you for quoting that scripture. However you have yet to provide any evidence that TB Joshua is such a person that passage speaks of. So who are you to assume?

  • Natahn wrote:

    @Thomas- and thank you for quoting that scripture. However you have yet to provide any evidence that TB Joshua is such a person that passage speaks of. So who are you to assume?

    You are really beginning to sound like an atheist who is forever asking for evidence to prove that God exists. Do you belong to a church with a pastor, elders and deacons? Why don’t you go to them when you need someone to pray for you for healing? Why must you pack your bags and go to Nigeria? Is Jesus who is omnipresent only there?

  • Nathan

    @Thomas- oh really? Do explain. What is occult about it? Take one clip and explain to us where the occult activity is. You are adamant it is there, so show us

    Did you read the open letter of Bill Randles to Jannie Pelser I referred you to. He said:

    ‘…One of the most alarming aspects of Joshua’s ministry that I raised is Transubstantiation, the heretical teaching that Joshua has power to transform water into the Blood of Jesus. This magical ritual demeans the true teaching of the precious blood, which Christ offered unto God for our salvation’.’ – See more at:

    That’s pure occult.

    Jannie Pelser used more or less the same argument as you. Have you read Bill Randles’ open letter to him?


  • Marius

    It astonishes me that God would give people these powers of healing when they are so irresponsible with the word. Surely a parent wouldn’t give a child a live machine gun to play with. I have a friend that is a missionary in Libya, one of the most dangerous places in the world to spread the gospel. A few weeks ago Ronnie Smith, an American missionary(who happened to be friends with this friend of mine)was gunned down in Bengazi by Islamic extremists, because of his passion to spread the Gospel to lost people. This is not playing church as these faith healers are doing. This is really believing that to live is Christ and to die is gain. These faith healers should show how much faith they actually have and fly to Iraq or Iran or North Korea and take their gospel, or whatever it is called there. I will have much more respect for them. The problem is there would be no money to make, and you will actually have to do miracles, or get shot. Let’s stop playing games with faith, and put action to all our idle words. The true miracle is the transforming power of the gospel, where the love of Christ starts shining through our lives in our service to humanity, despite persecution. Christ was born in a stable, and died on a cross. There are countless people that show the love of Christ by doing exactly the opposite from what these absurd faith healers are doing. They are in the most obscure places under some of the most adverse conditions in service of our Lord, giving care to the broken and destitute. Their names never even get mentioned, and that is exactly what Christ did. That is the true miracle of the Gospel. Two thirds of the people of the world are living in poverty, millions of them are believers. Stop selling the crap(for lack of a better word)called health, wealth, and prosperity to people as these faith healers are doing. True Bible scholars of old that went before us passed the gospel on without tampering with it or claiming to have discovered something not yet seen. They were not arrogant obout it because they knew the weight of the truth, and that the souls of people were on the line. For goodness sakes, they translated the Bible. When Martin Luther saw the wonder of the Gospel he wanted to tell everbody, despite knowing that persecution would come. He had no motives, or else he would not have ever proclaimed it. We should do the same: pass the truth of the Bible on to our children without adding anything, until Jesus returns.

  • Marius

    John the Baptist did not perform a single miracle and yet Jesus said of him “Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: . . . ” (Matthew 11:11)

    Today’s so-called miracle workers are nothing but charlatans, frauds and false teachers.

  • Deborah (Discerning the World)


    Shame on you for believing a whitchdoctor.

  • Gregory Dryden

    Thank you for this post, this man needs to be exposed as a spiritual predator

  • Johan Kruger

    I have been watching from the proverbial sideline for a while and all these sites and the comments has made one thing clear. irregardless of who or what is being dicussed – The truth is that The Bible warns us of many things.
    The most important relevant to this sites that springs up anywhere about anyone is – judge not so that u might not be judged, does not matter who is right or wrong. There is only one thing that we can use as a measure the Word of God. Pray for these guys so that God can do his own thing and save people who needs saving – That is most probably all on earth.

  • Johann Kruger,

    You are commanded to judge righteously and if you don’t you are downright disobedient to Jesus Christ.

    We are not judging. We are warning people against these false prophets and teachers who are leading millions to the slaughter house.

    Do you think Paul was judging when he said the following?

    But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed [perish in hell]. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed [perish in hell]. (Gal 1:8-9).

    We know for a fact that the false prophets, teachers and apostles will never listen to us but we are always elated when one single person listens to us and escapes their demonic clutches.

    They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error. (1 John 4:5-6).

    Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins. (James 5:19-20)

    Have you been to TB Joshua?
    Have you been to Kobus van Rensburg?

    Both are in the same class – false prophets!

  • Johan Kruger

    Thomas Lessing- Thanx u are proving my point, u are judging me without even knowing me. I myself have no interest in false teachings and it is not for me to be the judge of you tb joshau or kvr ( Or anyone else) only One will do that when the day arrives. What u are attempting has merit although passionate, it still have to come via the love of God for mankind.I havent listened to these preachers mentioned for more than a minute. I am as passionate as u you when it comes to the truth. Only difference I do not judge anyone. Lets face it if we were all perfect creations and equals of God Jesus and The Holy Spirit then only will we have the right to judge others fairly. WE ARE NOT, we are prone to fail and prone to human emotions and error.We can all qoute scripture and as u know and so can the enemy of all things good. God is love and He even loves sinners because He gave His Son so all can be saved through Him. U, me and whosoever will accept Him in their lifes as Saviour. Why am I telling u something u know, I dont realy think it is neccesary. I am sure u agree that the enemy can present himself as an angel of light. Do what u do, I sense u are very passionate about it. I will suggest however that before u jump on the warhorse pray and put on the whole armour of God and u will be guided with love, truth and by the Holy Spirit. See then how things will change for the better that way more good will be done and u will be more effective and convincing at bringing your message across. Keep up the Good work.

  • Johan Kruger

    PS. Thomas your Qouted Scripture from James 5 says it all.

  • Johan Kruger

    I have another comment or qeustion that is non related to any prior discussion: Is it neccesary to travel all over the world to preachers prophets to find healing salvation or whatever the need is people wants filled.Can God not do it for us wherever we are. Can He not deal with us right where we are, without any intervention from an outside source or preacher. I think He can. What are your thoughts about it.

  • Johan Kruger

    God show no partiality. A last though Thomas: Romans 2:1-6. that is why i do not judge others. My understanding of that passages are that it is the right way for me not to stand in judgement. But that is my choice. Anyone can feel free to elaborate on those verses each of us might see it totally different.However this is an discussion not an argument to attack other people or to judge anyone. It will be interesting to see how similar we actualy all are or how different.(Let us all have a decent and mutualy respectfull discussion about This verses only.)

  • Johan Kruger,

    What would you do if you asked me for a glass of cool water to quench your thirst and I put a single drop of poison into the water? Not knowing that their is poison in the water, you would probably drink it and die. However, what if someone saw me poisoning the water and warned you about it? Are you going to heed his warning or are you going to ignore it and drink it anyway? You;d be a fool if you do not heed his warning. That’s why the Bible says:

    My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins. (James 5:19-20)

    Or would you rather not save a wandering person’s soul from death?

    Warning others against false teachers is not judgment. It is your duty.

    False doctrine is worse that the most lethal poison. (Read here)

  • Johan Kruger wrote

    I have another comment or qeustion that is non related to any prior discussion: Is it neccesary to travel all over the world to preachers prophets to find healing salvation or whatever the need is people wants filled.Can God not do it for us wherever we are. Can He not deal with us right where we are, without any intervention from an outside source or preacher. I think He can. What are your thoughts about it.

    This thing that one needs to travel all over the world to preachers and so-called prophets to find healing and salvation is a Roman Catholic heresy. You can go on your knees and as God yourself to heal you and He will heal you IF it is his will. Sometimes He does not heal you because He wants to teach you something that is spiritually more profound than healing.

  • Johan Kruger,

    You need to know what the difference is between judging a person and discerning and evaluating his or her teaching in order to come to a correct and righteous judgment – not of the person but his or her doctrines. We are commanded to judge all things. If you don’t, you are not mature. Read 1 Corinthians 2:15 in the Amplified Bible.

  • Sands

    I really wish people would use all this energy to win souls for Christ. Jesus is coming soon, as evidenced by the signs of the times. Those who are false teachers will face their penalty. For now what are we doing rather, about the mandate that Christ gave us to go into all the world and make disciples? We are to discern and test every spirit for ourselves and have nothing to do with the ungodly. We were never instructed to have lengthy conversations in this regard and trash each other whilst we are at it. I say, let us rather bring others to Christ and allow people to choose for themselves, according to their own testing of spirits, who is true and who is fake. The harvest is ready but the labourers are few. Let us avail ourselves for more profitable work for the Lord ald leave these tru/false prophets to God, the righteous and all knowing judge. Work out YOUR OWN salvation with fear and trembling.

  • Sands,

    Would you say Jesus wasn’t serious when He said, “Take heed that no man deceive you”? (Matthew 24:4). You seem to say, “Am I my brother’s keeper?”

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>




Terms and Conditions for Submission of Comments

T.B. Joshua - The Deceiver

Terms and Conditions:terms and conditions

Because this world is becoming more evil by the minute and Discerning the World is coming under attack more often from people with some very nasty dispositions, we now have ‘Terms and Conditions for Submission of Comments‘ which you need to agree too before you can comment – this is to protect us and you when you comment on this website.  If you are not here to harm Discerning the World and it’s authors, please by all means comment, however if you are here to cause harm in any way, please don’t comment.

The following conditions does not mean that the authors of Discerning The World permit only opinions that are in agreement with us. This also does not mean that we fear dissenting opinions or ideas that are contrary to the beliefs that we hold (and/or that of the revealed Scriptures of the Holy Bible).

The following describes the Terms and Conditions applicable to your use of the “Comments” submission service at the Discerning the World website.


  1. Discerning the World owns and operates the site (the “Site”). Your use of the features on the Site allowing for submission of a “Comment” is subject to the following terms and conditions (the “Terms”). Discerning the World may modify these Terms at any time without notice to you by posting revised Terms on the Site. Your submission of a “Comment” to the Site following the modification of these Terms shall constitute your binding acceptance of and agreement to be bound by those modified Terms.
  2. By submitting a “Comment” you are accepting these Terms through your clicking of the “POST COMMENT” button.
  3. Discerning the World has the right, but not the obligation, to take any of the following actions, in Discerning the World’s sole unfettered discretion, at any time, and for any reason or no reason, without providing any prior notice:
    1. Restrict, suspend or terminate your ability to submit “Comments,” to the Site;
    2. Change, suspend or modify all or any part of the Site or the features thereof;
    3. Refuse or remove any material posted on, submitted to or communicated through the Site by you;
    4. Deactivate or delete any screen names, profiles or other information associated with you; or
    5. Alter, modify, discontinue or remove any comment off the Site.
  4. You agree that, when using or accessing the Site or any of the features thereof, you will not:
    1. Violate any applicable law or regulation;
    2. Interfere with or damage the Site, through hacking or any other means;
    3. Transmit or introduce to the Site or to other users thereof any viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, flood pings, denial of service attacks, or any other harmful code or processes;
    4. Transmit or submit harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, deceptive, fraudulent, obscene, indecent, vulgar, lewd, violent, hateful or otherwise objectionable content or material;
    5. Transmit or submit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or spam;
    6. Stalk or harass any user or visitor to the Site; or
    7. Use the content or information available on the Site for any improper purpose.
  5. You retain the Copyright of any “Comment” you submit to Discerning the World. By submitting a “Comment” to Discerning the World, you agree to grant Discerning the World a irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual license to use the material or commentary that you have submitted, in any medium and in any manner that Discerning the World may, in its sole unfettered discretion, choose.
  6. By submitting a “Comment” to Discerning the World, you agree to comply with the following rules concerning such submissions:
    1.  You agree not to include in your “Comment”:
      1. Any false, defamatory, libelous, abusive, threatening, racially offensive, sexually explicit, obscene, harmful, vulgar, hateful, illegal, or otherwise objectionable content;
      2. Any content that may be seen as stalking or harassing of any other Site contributors;
      3. Any content that personally attacks an individual. (An example of a personal attack is posting negative comments about an individual in a way meant to demean that person. Note that posting your opinion about someone’s ideas, doctrine or actions is not a personal attack);
      4. Any content that discloses private details concerning any person, for eg., phone numbers that have not been made public, photos that are not in the public domain, residential address that is not public, ID numbers, Social Security numbers, email addresses that are not in the public domain, etc.;
      5. Any content that you know to be false, misleading, or fraudulent;
      6. Any use of profanity;
      7. Any content including advertisements or otherwise focused on the promotion of commercial events or businesses, or any request for or solicitation of money, goods, or services for private gain;
      8. Any content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
      9. Any content directly or indirectly soliciting responses from minors (defined as anyone under 18 years of age).
    1. If any part of the “Comment” is not your original work, it is your responsibility to add the name of the third party, name the book with page number or a link (url) to the website where you obtained the information.
    2. Your “Comment” may contain Copyrighted material, the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. You are however allowed to make such material available in your “Comment” in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc.  This constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this Site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to:
    3. If you wish to use copyrighted material from a website or any other medium for purposes to add to your “Comment” that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. (Fair Use means you may quote from copyrighted sources, but you may not publish the whole article, book, etc., in your “Comment”.)
  8. You are solely responsible for the “Comment” you upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available to others using this Web Site. Under no circumstances will Discerning the World be liable in any way for any “Comment” posted on or made available through this Site by you or any third party.
  9. You understand that all “Comments” on this Site are pre-screened or moderated. That means that every “Comment” needs to be approved by Discerning the World before it appears in the “Comments” section.  This is not an automatic process.  Discerning the World does this for SPAM reasons.
  10. Discerning the World has the right (but not the obligation) in their sole unfettered discretion to remove any “Comment” that is posted on or available through the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, Discerning the World has the right to remove any “Comment” that violates these Terms or is otherwise deemed objectionable by Discerning the World in its sole discretion.
  11. You understand that Discerning the World in their sole unfettered discretion is not obligated and can not be forced in any manner, be it legal or otherwise to remove any “Comment” that is posted on or made available through the Site by you.
  12. When submitting a “Comment,” you will be asked to provide your name and your email address. While Discerning the World does not object to your use of a pseudonym instead of your actual name, Discerning the World reserves the right, but not the obligation, to reject, change, disallow, or discontinue at any time any submission name that, in Discerning the World’s sole unfettered discretion, is objectionable or inappropriate for any reason. Discerning the World requires the submission of your email address, but Discerning the World warrants that it will not publish your email address to an outside third party without your consent.
  13. Discerning the World does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. From time to time, Discerning the World may contact you personally via email. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge and understand that the “Comments” feature of the Site is designed to permit users to post information and commentary for public review and comment and thus you hereby waive any expectation of privacy you may have concerning any likeness or information provided to the Site by you.
  14. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of or visitors to the Site.
    1. Discerning the World shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor interactions utilizing the “Comments” facility of the Site, between you and other users of or visitors to the Site. You acknowledge and agree that Discerning the World, or any third party shall not be, and you shall not seek to hold them, responsible for any harm or damage whatsoever arising in connection with your interaction with other users of or visitors to the Site.
    2. Discerning the World does not verify any information posted to or communicated via the “Comments” sections of the Site by users and does not guarantee the proper use of such information by any party who may have access to the information. You acknowledge and agree that Discerning the World does not assume, and shall not have, any responsibility for the content of messages or other communications sent or received by users of the Site.
  15. The Site contains content created by or on behalf of Discerning the World as well as content provided by third parties.
    1. Discerning the World does not control, and makes no representations or warranties about, any third party content, including such content that may be accessible directly on the Site or through links from the Site to third party sites.
    2. You acknowledge that, by viewing the Site or communications transmitted through the Site, you may be exposed to third party content that is false, offensive or otherwise objectionable to you or others, and you agree that under no circumstances shall Discerning the World be liable in any way, under any theory, for any third party content.
    3. You acknowledge and agree that the Site, and the contents thereof, is proprietary to Discerning the World and is protected by copyright. You agree that you will not access or use the Site or any of the content thereof for any reason or purpose other than your personal, non-commercial use.
    4. You agree that you will not systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site by any means, and you will not compile a database or directory of information extracted from the Site.
    5. You agree that you will not reproduce, distribute or make derivative works of the Site or any of the contents thereof without the express consent of Discerning the World.
    6. You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Discerning the World, its affiliates and licensees, and all of their officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from and against any and all liabilities, losses, claims, damages, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) in connection with any claim arising out of your use of the Site or violation of any of these Terms.



16. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Discerning the World and you with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede any previous oral or written agreement between us with respect to such subject matter.

Thank you!