Retha McPherson’s Message from Another God – (Part 1)

Deborah Ellish is the author of the above article. Discerning the World is an internet Christian Ministry based in Johannesburg South Africa. Tom Lessing and Deborah Ellish both own Discerning the World. For more information see the About this Website page below the comments section.

1. I have seen some of Sid Roth’s “It’s Supernatural” programmes on YouTube. He interviews almost anyone who has a supernatural paradigm. He seems to think that if it’s supernatural it must be good. He’s even had Christians on who are fairly biblical. But because Sid is not sound on biblical doctrine himself, he seems to think that as long as it claims to be Christian or Jewish it’s got to be okay.

I saw him interview the Messianic Rabbi Jonathan Cahn recently whose views on 9/11 are not sound doctrinally. Initially they seem to be. Then when you give them thought you see that Rabbi Cahn is straying from the point.

The sad thing is, humanly speaking, Sid is a nice guy. From a human viewpoint so are the people he interviews. They are often sincere, as I am convinced Sid Roth is. But you can be sincere and be wrong. Let’s not forget that Hitler and Stalin were sincere!

And human viewpoints are fallible. When they contradict Scripture they are wrong and therefore dangerous.

From what I’ve seen of “It’s Supernatural” I get the impression that Sid is a man who has been sick of decades of Western materialistic philosophy. He’s probably been a nominal Christian or Jew who has wanted to hit back against the materialism and secularism that he’s come up with a show trying to get over a spiritual points.
    Unfortunately, all that glitters spiritually is not spiritual gold. It is generally the occult masquerading as spirituality.

As you’ve shown above, Debs, that’s what Retha McPherson’s views are. Actually Mrs McPherson herself has shown that too, albeit unwittingly. I think Sid Roth is in the same boat. I just wish that he had a more biblical paradigm and contended more for the faith once delivered [Jude 3]. Hopefully, some of the fairly sound Christians he interviews will contend a bit more with Sid which may cause him to get on the straight and narrow path. If he was doing that his show could work to God’s glory. But if it did, it would likely be taken off the air.

After all, people like the idea of God, so long as He keeps His distance and allows them to get on with doing things without too much interference!

Thanks again for another thought-provoking article, Debs.

2. Robbie says:

WOW, got to read it again!

3. Let’s not be mistaken; Satan is a master counterfeiter. Having the entire Bible downloaded into you so that you practically no longer need to read it, is nothing less than a counterfeit incarnation. Have you noticed that the mom has taken over the limelight? Both the father and the son are in the background while mom calls the shots. What does that remind you of?

I feel very sorry for them because it is not God’s will that anyone should be sucked into the wiles of the devil. Nonetheless, when you play with fire such as the New Age, yoga, mystical practices like contemplative prayer, then you must be prepared to burn yourself. May God open their eyes to their deception.

Thomas

>> Satan is a master counterfeiter. Having the entire Bible downloaded into you so that you practically no longer need to read it, is nothing less than a counterfeit incarnation

Totally right there… I never thought about that.

I too pray that their eyes are opened to the truth. I had to ask for permission for Retha McPherson to use quotes from her book, I then sent her links to both these articles, so she will be reading them.

5. Deborah (Discerning the World) wrote:

Thomas

Totally right there… I never thought about that.

Let’s pray that they would be susceptible to the warnings.

6. Carine says:

Retha and Aldo

Amazing amazing! The Glory Light of God… Thank you for opening my eyes.

May our Yehova bless you!

Carine

>> Amazing amazing! The Glory Light of God… Thank you for opening my eyes.

Did you read the articles? O_O

I spent days and days working on these 2 article to help people like you, I gave correct explanation of verses that were twisted etc etc and I explain that what is going on in Retha’s life is not of God and you deliberately ignore the information provided? Why? Why do you take the words of this book OVER what is written in the BIBLE?

8. Lana says:

I totally disagree with this article and its attack on Retha and Aldo. I really can’t believe your argument or lack of spiritual knowledge. You underestimate God’s power and do not seem to have any understanding about spiritual warfare. I pity you for judging others and misusing scripture to do so.
    Just the fact that you said that the real God of the bible doesn’t speak in an audible voice, shows you don’t know what the bible says. Did He not speak audibly to Adam, Moses, Abraham, Jonah and Noah? Did he not talk to Paul audibly, “Why are you persecuting me?”
    I could go on and on about your attack on Retha, and you twist her meanings and worst of all her heart.

Lena

>> Did He not speak audibly to Adam, Moses, Abraham, Jonah and Noah? Did he not talk to Paul audibly, “Why are you persecuting me?”

Adam, Moses, Abraham, Jonah, and Noah were in the Old Testament, the Holy Spirit did not abide in people, this is why God spoke to people personally – That was the OLD COVENANT, when Jesus Christ came He established a NEW COVENANT, and Jesus then sent us the Holy Spirit that abides in born again Christians and now the Holy Spirit speaks to us.

When the Holy Spirit descended on all the disciples in the upper room Paul was not there. Paul was not in the upper room at Pentecost.

Acts 1:13 When they had entered Jerusalem, they went to the upstairs room where they were staying. Peter and John, and James, and Andrew, Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew, James son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot, and Judas son of James were there.

Acts 2:1-4
    1 Now when the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place. 2 Suddenly a sound like a violent wind blowing came from heaven and filled the entire house where they were sitting. 3 And tongues spreading out like a fire appeared to them and came to rest on each one of them. 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit, and they began to speak in other languages as the Spirit enabled them.

At that time, Paul was an enemy of the church running around trying to persecute Christians. In fact he knew the other disciples of Jesus personally, like Peter, James and John. Jesus Christ chose Paul to be a disciple, but Paul needed serious intervention. This is why Jesus appeared to him personally on the road to Damascus and blinded him. Paul went on to be one of the greatest apostles ever and wrote most of the NT.

Retha is nothing but a false teacher.

>> I could go on and on about your attack on Retha, and you twist her meanings

Please do…

10. I just returned to this page for the first time since my last comment above, Debs. This time, after reading the page, I felt I had to immediately pray about this poor woman. I’m glad to see that both Thomas and yourself think likewise.
    It is sad how people do not seem to grasp 1 Thessalonians 5:21 and 1 John 4:1 and realize that those Scriptures are commands and not suggestions.
    My wife and I have recently spoken with a friend who is having visions. She is convinced by them that she now has a mission to correct a church on certain points in Revelation. Her mission does not in any way relate to the part of Revelation which she quoted. I told her I will believe in her mission if she shows me it anywhere in the Bible. She retorted that I did not believe in the gifts of the spirit, which is NOT true. She said it to convince herself that the visions were of God because that’s what she wants to believe.
    Interestingly, her son recently told us that she roped his father into attending different churches and he merely tagged along. Obviously, she didn’t see how unbiblical that was. And now she’s involved with Malcolm Heap’s Midnight Ministries. (Heap is telling people that God is going to verify his ministry by gettin him to raise Princess Diana and fifty other people from the dead.) It’s interesting that her visions are not pointing her back to the Word of God!
    There is so much New Age “philosophy” creeping into the churches through Alpha and the like that people cannot discern biblical truth anymore. We not only see this in Retha’s blatantly unbiblical claims and in both Carine’s and Lana’s comments but we see it in many flaky ministries feigning to be Christian.
    If people would really take the above two Scriptures to heart they might bear in mind that we go to the Scriptures to conform to them and not have them conform to what we want to believe. As Peter 1:20 testifies, we do not have any authority to do that.
    People think because they have “spiritual” experiences then they must be of God. This is especially so if the spirit involved identifies himself as God. If they don’t tie up with Scripture, Scripture itself testifies that these experiences are demonic. That means that any spirit involved, even when claiming to be Christ, is a demon. 2 Cor 11:14 makes that perfectly clear.
    Nowhere in the Bible are miracles, visions or the like proof of God being involved. We saw that with the demonic replications of God’s miracles conjured through the Pharaoh’s magicians. (Though it is noticable that they couldn’t stop God’s miracles as He did theirs!) Scripture tells us many times it is God’s Word through which we measure truth, not miracles as they of themselves prove nothing. People saw many of Jesus’ miracles and yet they chose not to follow Him–and He was God incarnate!
    Thanks for your comments to Lena, Debs. You made a couple of excellent points that I’d never thought of.
    One thing Retha’s testimony does show is that we are certainly living in the last days. I hope she realizes what’s really going on before it’s too late. Time is quickly running out.

11. Russ says:

Wow…there are none so blind as those that will not see. Your judgments and condemnations are exact proof of your own ignorance of the essence of the God we serve. With all your religious education and background, you have misses God altogether. The very basic understanding that puts and end to this is that God is LOVE. In His love, these attacks cannot exist. It seems obvious that you have not had that personal experience with the Father and thus cannot relate to those who have. It is most amazing to me that you can use the Bible as a weapon while proclaiming your own unbelief. For it was Jesus that spoke out most harshly against the religious authorities of His day and for good cause. Since the birth of Christ, religions continue to claim to know God and make serious miscalculations about how HE works. While you can pick apart the Bible and make it say whatever you choose…you dare not deny the power of God. In so doing you stand in danger of hell fire, and should fear for your own judgment for misleading so many. I thank God for making Himself REAL in Aldo and Retha as He had done in me. For those that look to discredit their story, please spend your time seeking God’s face, whole he may yet be found. I pray for you and thank God for using Aldo and Retha in such a powerful way.

Russ

>> Wow…there are none so blind as those that will not see.

Are you speaking about yourself?

When you come back and comment again, please come and with the EXACT problems you have with the article and scripture to point out what we did wrong in the article? ok? Be a good professing Christian will you and at least attempt to tell us word for word what is it that you OBJECT to? So that we can come back word for word and tell you with scripture why we think you are wrong.

Let the debate begin!

13. Chany says:

I have been following Retha and I was beginning to believe her and Aldo and I was thankful for all I was learning. I had been following her series on removing sins from our DNA and it seemed to make sense to me. I emailed her to thank her and ask questions.

I received an email back, from her staff, that was very alarming. I had asked several questions into her preaching and I was basically told I was wrong, as was my religion, and they were right. Yet, they were not judging. I knew then that something was wrong. If they truly heard from God then they would not have replied the way they did. I felt that their evidence was pages of twisted scripture and theory. It was hard for me to take and so I decided her staff was wrong but she and Aldo couldn’t possibly be of the same opinion as they had to be hearing from God. I wanted to believe. Retha seems so full of love and faith that I believed what I was hearing. I continued conversation only to get more of the same and so I went looking for answers and found you! I couldn’t have been more wrong about Retha and Aldo! I believe they all do believe they hear from God and are doing the right thing. I will pray for them all.

You have given me the answers that I needed and I thank you very much! I have been searching for answers and you opened my eyes. God bless you for taking the time to write this! Thank you.

You can read my email conversations with her staff:

To Retha:

Thank you for all you are doing Retah. I just read your last book and I am watching your videos. I am learning so much and it is exactly what I needed, praise GOD! I have a few questions. I am a Catholic. My religion has always taught me that confession and the Eucharist was all we needed to stay in the state of Grace. I believe everything you are saying and thus am now confused as to what to believe… I have noticed that in all the books I have read that God keeps everyone with their own church or faith and doesn’t comment on what “religion” they should or shouldn’t be but teaches them how to be saved, ask for forgiveness, and follow his commandments. I can feel a common thread amongst those who have really heard from Jesus. He seems to apply the same principals to each person, based on their own religious backgrounds. My thought is that he is trying to save everyone and soon will join them all into a universal church, so right now it doesn’t make sense for him to convert them all to one religion, whatever that might be. That being said, it is very confusing to me when I read that you have communion often as I was taught only a priest could convert the bread into the body of Christ. Can you tell me what God says to you about that please? Also, I am fascinated with your latest videos on Baal worship and the spirit. Does every faith need to go to the courts or in my case does confessing the sins of my DNA in confession do the same? Has God spoken to you on that? I am going to do what you suggest but I am wondering if you have any insight for me, as a Catholic, on whether that is taken care of in confession. And lastly, can I go to the courts on behalf of my husband if he doesn’t believe all of this yet? Am I able to break the ties for him as well as myself, how about my children? I appreciate any feedback you can give me and thank you for all your hard work and dedication. God Bless!

Their reply:

Hi Chany,

Thank you for your sincere email and your blessing!

We are of the opinion that it is not really about religion but about Kingdom! To join this Kingdom of God every other kingdom must be renounced. The Word tells us in Revelations 11:15 The kingdom of the world has now come into possession and become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ and He shall reign forever and ever.

And in 1Cor 15:24 After that comes the end, when He delivers over the kingdom to God the Father after rendering inoperative and abolishing every other rule and every authority and power 25 for Christ must be King and reign until He has put all (his) enemies under His feet.

God’s will is : 2 Peter 3:9 … not desiring that any should perish, but that all should turn to repentance. He unites us in His Kingdom and He is King over this Kingdom.

Chany, as a ministry we do not want to get into judging others of different beliefs, we are just stating our believe as you have asked.

Our opinion about transubstantiation (Eucharist) In Mt 26:29 after Jesus had said, “this is my blood” and prayed, he still referred to the contents as, “fruit of the vine”. If transubstantiation of the juice into blood had occurred, then Jesus would never have referred to it as “fruit of the vine’ but rather “blood”. This proves that when Jesus said “take eat & drink” he LITERALLY gave them bread and juice. In like manner, Paul also refers to the elements of the Lord’s Supper as “eat this bread and drink the cup” in 1 Cor 11:26 after they should be transubstantiated.

By sharing in the Eucharistic meal, the Church teaches that Catholics are fulfilling John 6:53: “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.”

What does that really mean? Jesus goes on to say that “it is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is of no avail. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life” (John 6:63-64). So, if “the flesh is of no avail,” why would we have to eat Jesus’ flesh in order to have eternal life? It does not make sense, until Jesus tells us that the words He speaks are “spirit.” Jesus is saying that this is not a literal teaching, but a spiritual one. The language ties in perfectly with the aforementioned statement of the apostle Paul: “Present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship” (Romans 12:1).

In Jewish thought, bread was equated with the Torah, and “eating of it” was reading and understanding the covenant of God (cf. Deuteronomy 8:3). For example, the apocryphal book of Sirach states, “‘He who eats of me will hunger still, he who drinks of me will thirst for more; he who obeys me will not be put to shame, he who serves me will never fail.’ All this is true of the book of Most High’s covenant, the law which Moses commanded us as an inheritance for the community of Jacob” (Sirach 24:20-22

). Quoting from Sirach here is not endorsing it as Scripture; it only serves to illustrate how the Jewish people thought of Mosaic Law. It is important to understand the equating of bread with the Torah to appreciate Jesus’ real point.

In John 6, Jesus is actually telling the crowd that He is superior to the Torah (cf. John 6:49-51) and the entire Mosaic system of Law. The passage from Sirach states that those who eat of the Law will “hunger still” and “thirst for more”; this language is mirrored by Jesus when He says, “He who comes to Me will never be hungry, he who believes in Me will never be thirsty” (John 6:35). Jesus is not commanding people to literally eat His flesh and drink His blood, He is telling them the core of all Christian doctrine: belief in Jesus Himself (“The work of God is this: to believe in the One He has sent,” John 6:29, emphasis added). Therefore, the Catholic interpretation of John 6 is unbiblical.

Second, there is a very clear analogy in John 6 to the days of Moses and the eating of manna. In the days of Moses, manna was God’s provision for food for the Israelites as they wandered in the wilderness. In John 6, however, Jesus claimed to be the true manna, the bread of heaven. With this statement Jesus claimed to be God’s full provision for salvation. Manna was God’s provision of deliverance from starvation. Jesus is God’s provision of deliverance from damnation. Just as the manna had to be consumed to preserve the lives of the Israelites, so Jesus has to be consumed (fully received by faith) for salvation to be received.

It is very clear that Jesus referred to Himself as the Bread of Life and encouraged His followers to eat of His flesh in John 6. But we do not need to conclude that Jesus was teaching transubstantiation. The Lord’s Supper / Christian communion had not been instituted yet. Jesus did not institute the Lord’s Supper until John chapter 13. Therefore, to read the Lord’s Supper into John 6 is unwarranted. As suggested above, it is best to understand this passage in light of coming to Jesus, in faith, for salvation. When we receive Him as Savior, placing our full trust in Him, we are “consuming His flesh” and “drinking His blood.” His body was broken (at His death) and His blood was shed to provide for our salvation. 1 Corinthians 11:26, “For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes.”

Whether the Catholic definition of Holy Eucharist is a “re-sacrifice” of Christ or a “re-offering” of Christ’s sacrifice, the concept is unbiblical. Christ does not need to be re-sacrificed. Christ’s sacrifice does not need to be re-offered. Hebrews 7:27 declares, “Unlike the other high priests, He (Jesus) does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins ONCE for all when He offered Himself.” Similarly, 1 Peter 3:18 exclaims, “For Christ died for sins ONCE for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God…” Christ’s once-for-all death on the cross was sufficient to atone for all of our sins (1 John 2:2). Therefore, Christ’s sacrifice does not need to be re-offered. Instead, Christ’s sacrifice is to be received by faith (John 1:12; 3:16). Eating Christ’s flesh and drinking His blood are symbols of fully receiving His sacrifice on our behalf, by grace through faith.

We also believe the reason you go into the courtroom of the Lord (Daniel 7) is because Jesus Christ alone is the mediator between man and God. (1 Tim 2:5)

1 John 2:1 states …. But if anyone should sin, we have an Advocate with the Father in heaven, Jesus Christ the righteous one. 2 and He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours alone but also for the whole world.

Do to your covenant with your husband you sanctify him. So I do believe you can take petitions before the Lord on behalf of your husband and as your children’s gatekeeper you can do the same. If they have made covenants and contracts with the devil they need to renounce these by their free will (otherwise it will be witchcraft)

Job 22:30

I hope this answers you.

May the God of Peace soon crush satan underneath your feet!

Blessings!

Vera Harrison

14. Nancy Vazquez-Caban says:

Russ wrote:

Wow!!! I thought my eyes were deceiving me but Russ you hit the nail on the head!!! I totally agree with you….you people have this all twisted and then to try to deviate people from God and convince them otherwise is uphalling and an abomination to the Lord. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is an UNFORGIVABLE sin!!! Yall need to recognize and REPENT in Jesus name!!!

Nancy

I am so sorry you can not see the truth, I am so sorry that you can not see that the Christ Retha follows is not Jesus Christ of the bible but an a false Christ. If you read your bible like God commands you would know this, but you don’t read your bible, instead you read books written by Retha and you believe that to be the gospel truth. I feel very sorry for you. I pray your eyes are opened up to the truth.

16. paul says:

nie te ver gelees nie maar as ek moet skat is die skrywer hier n onderdaan van calvyn. hy het sekerlik een of ander eed teenoor n organisasie afgele en so het dit hom blind vir waarheid gemaak. sy verdediging is vir sy instansie en vir die bybel nie.

ek gesels graag met jou maar ondervinding leer sodra daar verskil, word daar afgesny. dieselfde sak oor die Israeliete is ook oor U.

sterkte en mag jou hart waarheid her oorweeg. jy aanbid n onregverdige onverstaanbare god.

17. Jase says:

Deborah (Discerning the World) wrote:

Lena

Acts 2:1-4

Retha is nothing but a false teacher.

>> I could go on and on about your attack on Retha, and you twist her meanings

Please do…

You forget, God is the same yesterday, today and forever despite of Old Covenant and New Covenant. So yes, he can still speak to us in an audible voice.

18. cinthia says:

Deborah (Discerning the World) wrote:

Russ

>> Wow…there are none so blind as those that will not see.

Are you speaking about yourself?

Let the debate begin!

wow my friend, i pray that the Lord Jesus will take the thorns out from your heart and lift the scales of your eyes…Are you glorifying yourself or God when you wrote this article?… this lady shared her testimony and how God was able to reach her because she was spiritually dead following a manmade religion….her words are in line with scripture and she is even humble enough to admit her mistakes..Please i urge you to seek God with all your heart and soul… His word (JESUS CHRIST) says “Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. 3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? The Lord came to set us free and bring everything into order… this woman even emphasizes to submit to your husband so how can she be a false prophet…stop categorizing as a prophet and just simply see her as a child of God…please, please stop using fiery darts…you are spewing out poison instead of life….our hearts should be changing day to day into the image of Christ…. We need to judge with righteous judgement like Jesus judged the pharisees, do you know He loved them also thats why He preached a sharp word to them, revealing their hearts to them…two things will happen to people when this sharp word comes, they will either humble themselves and repent or gnash their teeth at you like an animal because the unclean spirits that manipulate them…this has to do with the heart the parables of the 4 different hearts….this sharp word must come and we at times must drink this cup that the Lord drank…please repent…forgive and the Father will forgive you! I bless you and pray that the holy spirit will guide you and convict your heart in the way you should go…we must stop eating fro this tree of knowledge of good and evil and start eating from this tree of life like God intended for us to do from the beginning.Amen i say to you and may The Lord Jesus Christ bless you with peace and understanding, revelation and wisdom that comes from the true Living God!

19. cinthia,

You are misinterpreting Matthew 7:1.

The mature Christian is supposed to judge between sound and false doctrine.

1 Corinthians 2:15 Amplified Bible (AMP)
    15 But the spiritual man tries all things [he examines, investigates, inquires into, questions, and discerns all things], yet is himself to be put on trial and judged by no one [he can read the meaning of everything, but no one can properly discern or appraise or get an insight into him].

If you refuse to judge you are immature and prone to deception.

Ephesians 4:14 Amplified Bible (AMP)
    14 So then, we may no longer be children, tossed [like ships] to and fro between chance gusts of teaching and wavering with every changing wind of doctrine, [the prey of] the cunning and cleverness of unscrupulous men [and women], [gamblers engaged] in every shifting form of trickery in inventing errors to mislead.

First you say we must not judge and then you say we must judge righteously.

20. hadassa says:

I just pray that the spirit of the living would open the eyes of your spirit right now! I pray that the Lord Jesus himself would call you out and set you free.

If He isnt able to raise people from the dead today then He wasnt able to raise them back in jesus’ days. He is the same now and forever.
    Our God is able and alive! He is faithful and true!
    Stop critizising. Stop judging.
    He told you to love. so you be obedient and love retah and Aldo right now.
    Jesus is coming back

21. hadassa,

You don’t seem to realize that Christians are supposed to judge (discern) between the false and the true. If you don’t you are not spiritually mature.

1 Corinthians 2:15 Amplified Bible (AMP)

15 But the spiritual man tries all things [he [a]examines, investigates, inquires into, questions, and discerns all things], yet is himself to be put on trial and judged by no one [he can read the meaning of everything, but no one can properly discern or appraise or get an insight into him].

If you do not judge (discern) righteously you are still a little kid.

Ephesians 4:14 Amplified Bible (AMP)

14 So then, we may no longer be children, tossed [like ships] to and fro between chance gusts of teaching and wavering with every changing wind of doctrine, [the prey of] the cunning and cleverness of [a]unscrupulous men, [gamblers engaged] in every shifting form of trickery in inventing errors to mislead.

I suggest that you grow up.

hadassa

Jesus most assuredly raised people from the dead. Notice JESUS raised people from the dead. Not false teachers lying that they have the power to raise people from the dead when it was only Jesus and the apostles who had the power to do so. Please see this article: Have You or a Loved One Been Raised From the Dead? I have been waiting for years for someone who was raised from the death to come forward with this miraculous story, but there are none. Imagine that! No one has come forward to brag about their miraculous miracle. If I were raised from the dead I would want the whole world to know about it.

I challenge you, find someone who has been raised from the dead and I mean REALLY raised from the dead, not a fake. Come on, do it. I guarantee you will not find one.

Stop being fooled by lies. You are on the road to hell because you follow Satan’s deceptions in the Word of Faith movement. Your words do not hold power, you can not create with your words. You are not a little god.

23. moses says:

I am amaze you know so much about evil spirit…… serpents and all……. and yet can’t grant others knowing about the true God….. your own spirit needs to be tested!!!

moses

My goodness you can talk nonsense. The fact that you can’t discern GOOD from EVIL shows that you are the one in peril. Not me.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

25. Vanessa says:

The apostasy is in full swing. Its gotten to the stage that I am scared to even step out of my house in case I came across yet another wonky Christian. Debra I thank you for the article which will have many deceived Christians spitting nails. The time has come when we who seek Gods truth through his word stand alone in our battle for the truth. Its getting harder and harder to find Christians who have the same spirit of truth. I don’t believe this Jezebel woman and whats more I do feel for her son and husband. As for Sid. He can find his name under Mathew 7 verse 15. Thank you again for loving the truth.

26. Robbie says:

So good to see you Sis! WB

27. Vanessa says:

Debra,i have such an aversion to people like that that I did not listen to the video. Forgive me I only read your comments. Smiles. Folk like this make me stumble so I stay away. I wish we could still stone people.

28. John Andrews UK/Ireland says:

hadassa wrote:

Our God is able and alive! He is faithful and true!
    Stop critizising. Stop judging.
    He told you to love. so you be obedient and love retah and Aldo right now.
    Jesus is coming back

Hadassa, You do not understand that the reason we are in dialogue on this blog is that “we” all love the truth and that is why we fight so hard to dispel false teachings. It is because we love those who are being deceived that we try and shine the light into the darkness that false claims create. If the claims of Retha (and the son she is using to help fabricate the lies) were in any way credible and could withstand the mirror of the Bible, Deborah would not have spent so much time in exposing her deception. She has fabricated lies and it has been taken on board by many that are deceived. All she has to do now is keep on churning out books, talk at meetings for a price and bask in her popularity which she craves. She is just another false teacher/prophet that the Bible says will arise and deceive many.

I have posted on this site before the characteristics of false preachers/prophets and just a small bit of that reads: Peter says, “We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 1:16). And then he says the false teachers exploit you “with stories they have made up” (2 Peter 2:3). So the true teacher sources what he says from the Bible. The false teacher relies on his/her own creativity. He/she makes up his/her own message out of his/her imagination. The source of these imaginations are not God. There is no argument from the Bible that you can bring to this forum that can prove the opposite.

Another characteristic that false teachers have is that their false teaching usually entails advertising the merchandise (books,ebooks,DVD’s- sold wherever they go and online) that satisfies their greed. In this modern era the websites look amazing – inviting you in to pay money to be deceived! Do not be deceived!

Thank you Vanessa!

Thank you so much Robbie, yes I am finally back :) Yay!

31. John Andrews UK/Ireland says:

Vanessa wrote:

You are right about “Retah” (or Retha). I wonder why her name is spelled RETAH/RETHA? She is one depraved woman (morally corrupt, wicked) to be sure. Came to my attention only yesterday and after my first comment I checked her website – WOW what a dangerous place!! Her affiliations alone gets the red flags popping up. A short look into her domain. Do not recommend spending much time on her website. It is sickening…….
    Her “List of Prayers” show an atrocious (wicked, hellish) side of where she comes from. She actually prays to be released from what she is still practising openly. Some examples are: “Jezebel Prayer” – She “prays” for forgiveness from – “I have tried to control others through a religious mask knowledge, secretiveness, works, long and empty prayers, ‘UNIQUE’ experiences and super-spirituality”. She thus uses the “unique heaven experience” of Aldo as her foundational ministry experience? (capitalization added)
    Her “prayer” re: “Dealing with the Evil Altars of Household Wickedness” FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS!
    “15.
    I release the thunder of God into the demonic storehouses where household witchcraft agents have locked up my wealth and riches. Let the doors of such storehouses be opened by the the thunder of God.
    16.
    I bind all the evil gatekeepers of those evil storehouses. Declare confusion upon them now, in the name of Yeshua.
    17.
    By the strong and mighty arm of the Lord, I withdraw my wealth and riches from demonic storehouses of household witchcraft. Let my wealth and riches manifest now, in the name of Yeshua.
    18.
    I bind and overthrow any evil strongman blocking me from accessing my spiritual storehouse or warehouse, in the name of Yeshua.
    19.
    Every evil padlock locking my storehouse or warehouse in the spiritual realm, be broken into pieces by the hammer of the Lord.
    20.
    O God Jehovah, command Your angels to release all my blessings to me now, in the name of
    Yeshua.
    21.
    I recover all my miracles and breakthroughs that have been stolen by agents of household
    witchcraft, in the name of Yeshua.”

Would this be a prayer that you would put on a website for others to pray? Is she actually showing us her desires – methinks so!

32. John Andrews UK/Ireland

Retha’s prayers are an echo of GODTV’s health, wealth and properity bogus. She is not praying. She is cursing those who supposedly prevent her from the riches in her so-called storehouses. Disgusting!

33. John Andrews UK/Ireland says:

Thomas Lessing (Watch and Pray / Waak en Bid) wrote:

John Andrews UK/Ireland

Agreed! Her list of “Prayers” on her website sometimes start out as prayers, then switch to curses that are pronounced “in the name of Yeshua”. The overriding theme is one of “a little god” commanding the true God to act on her behalf. Pure arrogance and self worship!

John Andrews UK/Ireland

“15.
    16.
    17.
    18.
    19.
    20.
    Yeshua.
    21.
    witchcraft, in the name of Yeshua.”

This is incredible, who is the god of Thunder? and she releases it. This is pure witchcraft. Retha is as materialistic as they get based on this prayer. Money mad.

When Jesus was tempted by Satan:

Luke 4:5-8
    5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
    6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
    7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.
    8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

You can’t serve God and mammon:

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

35. Heartbroken says:

I just lost my fiancee because of this “new age teachings” and she so closely follows Retha, Perry Stone,….and read books on how to point out demons and so on. I am not comfortable with these things and I can not speak to her about my views as she hits me with Bible versus that supports her views and I do not know the Bible by heart and can not do the same. Would it have been possible to go ahead witb the marriage and made it work out with our different views of religion?

36. Heartbroken,

Indeed, is is a very heartbreaking experience for anyone to lose a loved one to false teaching. Nonetheless, a Christian (I assume you are saved) should always endeavor to seek God’s will and willingly and unconditionally do his will, especially in matters of the heart such as engagement and marriage. The only thing you can do is to ask God in prayer to show you his will in this matter. Although it may be very hard for you, you need to stand on neutral ground which means that you will have to let God decide whether it is his will for you to marry your fiancee or not. An example of a prayer may be something like the following, “Lord Jesus, I am willing to bow to your will whatever you may decide for me. Although I find it very hard to see myself living without . . ., I know the most important thing is not our relationship in holy matrimony but her relationship with You for all eternity. Therefore I ask that you open her eyes to the dangers of the doctrines in which she is presently so engrossed and to convict her of the consequences if she should continue in them. I ask this in the Name of Jesus Christ, my Lord.”

37. MS says:

This article is not the truth—PEOPLE MUST NOT just accept this.
    and it’s not Rheta…
    I’m scared for you guys-
    read below-

Mark3:
    28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit

The Holy spirit talkes through Rheta and you guys blaspheme against the Holy Spirit if you say it’s satan speaking through her!!! It doesn’t mean if you THINK you are sure about something you can go on and say this about someone…rather keep it for yourself. People of God don’t have to argue about this… As a matter of fact-Jesus is love so if his in you-you wouldn’t want to argue about it…and it looks like that’s all you are doing on this site. I truly think you want to stop the good work that she is doing—how many people are you winning for Jesus daily…??? You serve the same God…Or I hope so for you guys…
    If you want to find something wrong-you can find something wrong everywhere and in everything!!!

38. MS says:

I really can’t see or hear the love of Jesus in your article or in your comments- your answers are hard and judgemental… you don’t have a soft spirit in you…or so it looks like…
    People that has the love of Jesus in them will answer with His love…He is a gentleman and is also gentle on his children and will answer with softness- who speaks through you???

39. MS wrote:

How sure are you she is winning over thousands of people every week to Jesus? Could she not be winning over thousands of people every week to another Jesus? (2 Corinthians 11:4).

You accuse us of baspheming against the Holy Spirit. Remember, to sin against the Holy Spirit also means to attribute to God which is not from Him. (Isaiah 5:20). And that’s precisely what you are doing by saying she is winning thousands of souls every week to Jesus. That’s not what the Bible teaches.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. (2 Timothy 4:3-4)

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. (Matthew 7:13-14)

Have you noticed the little word “few?” And yet you say she is winning thousands upon thousands to Christ just about every week.

Many of the things Colton describes he allegedly saw in heaven are mere fables and not the truth.

Yes, Jesus is love but He is also righteousnes and truth and if you don’t teach people the truth but sheer lies, then you don’t love Jesus or your fellowman. Your love is then a false love.

40. MS wrote,

Do you really want to hear something hard? How about this:

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. (Galatians 1:8-9)

And in case you do not know who wrote this. It is Paul of Tarsus who received the Gospel directly from Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:16)

Your idea of true biblical love is grossly distorted. It’s not love but deception at its very best. Repent before it’s too late. How’s that for true love???

41. MS wrote:

Would you say the following pronouncments eminate from a soft spirit and that it was the Spirit of Christ who spoke through the persons?

Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? (Matthew 23:33).

Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core. These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever. (Jude 1:11-13).

And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected. (Luke 13:32).

MS

Right were to begin.

>> This article is not the truth—PEOPLE MUST NOT just accept this.

This article is the truth, wake up and accept it.

>> I met Rheta and I know that she is pure…She love Jesus…There is nothing wrong for what she is doing. All I want to say is that she is winning soooooo many people over for Jesus Christ-thousands of people weekly accepts Jesus into their hearts thanks to her testimony and teachings…Why is that wrong…???

And satan appears as an angel of light, pure and loving.

2 Corinthians 11:14-15 14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Here is an easier translation for you:

2 Corinthians 11:14-15 14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is not surprising his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will correspond to their actions.

You say that she wins thousands of people weekly? How do you know this? Are you keeping count? How do you know people are being genuinely saved? Me thinks you are telling tales.

>> I think you guys have this wrong!!! Usually the satan will try and put a stop to people that sacrifice everything for God and winning people over for Jesus-Like Rhetha. The satan is trying everything in his power to stop her because she works for Jesus Christ. You guys must watch out that you are not that “STOP”… This what you are doing is exactly what satan wants to happen to them. Nothing can stop them. They have Jesus in their hearts…Rheta were at our church for a whole weekend and nobody said this straw that you are talking about-and there is alot of mature newborn christians in our church with prophetic ministries that also won’t agree with what you are saying…
    and it’s not Rheta…

You don’t know the difference between truth and lies. It would appear your whole church is deceived as well. Tell me what does ‘having Jesus in your heart’ mean? Catholics also have ‘Jesus in their hearts’ and Seventh Day Adventists and Mormons…so tell me what does this mean?

>> I prayed before I read this-and I asked God to show me whats wrong about all of this or abour Rhetha …
    and it’s not Rheta…

If you are deceived and are following a false Jesus, who do you think you prayed too? Certainly not Jesus Christ of the bible. Because Jesus Christ of the bible would have taken you to the bible and shown you where Retha is wrong. Do you just think you are going to get a’feeling’ that something is right or wrong? That’s how Satan works, on feelings. No MS, Jesus Christ takes you to the bible where He is and shows you why Retha is wrong. All the scripture I provided you, you should have opened your bible YOURSELF and checked, but you didn’t do this did you.

>> The Holy spirit talkes through Rheta and you guys blaspheme against the Holy Spirit if you say it’s satan speaking through her!!!

Oh whatever..seriously get real MS. In fact it is you who GRIEVE the Holy Spirit because you attribute evil to Him.

>> It doesn’t mean if you THINK you are sure about something you can go on and say this about someone…rather keep it for yourself.

Really? where does it say that in the bible? verse please? The bible on the other hand says:

Do Not Tolerate Wicked People
    Mark Them Which Cause Division

>> People of God don’t have to argue about this… As a matter of fact-Jesus is love so if his in you-you wouldn’t want to argue about it…and it looks like that’s all you are doing on this site. I truly think you want to stop the good work that she is doing—how many people are you winning for Jesus daily…??? You serve the same God…Or I hope so for you guys…

This is exactly what Satan would say, “Jesus is love, keep quite regarding my sneaky devices and led people straight to hell, we can thank MS for this and God will judge this person with all the blood on their hands – it’s a win win situation for me”

Ezekiel 3:18 “When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.”

here is another version for you to easily understand:

Ezekiel 3:18 “When I say to a wicked person, ‘You will surely die,’ and you do not warn them or speak out to dissuade them from their evil ways in order to save their life, that wicked person will die for their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood.”

We say, no, we will speak out the truth and prevent people from being led down the wide path, and try direct them back onto the narrow path – we will NOT be held responsible and have blood on our hands.

>> You serve the same God…Or I hope so for you guys…

I suggest the next time you comment you use scripture to back up what you are saying to us ok? We serve the Living God of the bible, who do you serve? (seeing that nothing you have said to us so far is scriptural)

Jesus says: Luke 12:51-53 51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: 52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. 53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Do you know what REAL LOVE is MS? Do you really? You think that love is shutting up and allowing false teaching to lead people to hell. No MS, this is not love this is evil.

REAL LOVE is preaching the truth so that people will be genuinely saved – not preaching a false gospel leading to a false salvation with a false Christ.

John 21:15-17 15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. 16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. 17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

I hope you read these verses and don’t just skip over them as you read this comment.

In fact please read this article: http://www.discerningtheworld.com/2013/06/09/love-covers-all-transgressions-2/

43. MS says:

Deborah…so you say that Jesus will take me to the bible where He is…He speaks to us through the bible yes but what about the Holy Spirit.. if Jesus is in me He speaks in me through the Holy Spirit… so yes I will get a feeling if something is wrong or right…or why did Jesus left us the Holy Spirit? It seems like you have alot of time on your hands…so go find the verses yourself… and if I serve the wrong God apparently why is Jesus taking so good care of us…He saved me from a horrible life so I have seen the work of Jesus in my own life and in Other peoples life… I will go read the the scripture in my own time and in my own language but I definitely understand it diffrent from you and I know I dont serve a false god… Jesus has done more than enough in my life to know I serve a amazing and a true God…

MS

Just to remind you, you came onto this blog (with all the time in the world to surf the internet) to come and accuse me of being wrong without one single scripture to back up what you are saying. I back myself up with scripture and you tell me I have too much time on my hands? Is that what you are going to tell Jesus one day when you stand before Him? “Oh I didn’t have enough time to read the bible and study it“! And Jesus will say to you:

Matthew 7:22-23
    22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name have cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works?
    23 And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.

And

Luke 6:46
    46 And why call you me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

What does the bible tell you to do, of all things? It tells you that you that

2 Timothy 2:15
    15 Study to show yourself approved to God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

The Holy Spirit will always direct you back to the bible which is Jesus Christ in published form. The bible says:

John 14:26
    26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you.

I am not saying you are not saved MS, but listen to this… if you are not following correct doctrine you will slowly but surely depart from the faith that is Jesus Christ. To be entangled up in false teaching by false teachers is very dangerous. I too was tangled up in false teaching and one day (with too much time on my hands :) I landed up on a website just like this one and I learnt the truth and the Holy Spirit opened my eyes to what’s going on in the churches out there and the massive attack by Satan on the church to preach nothing but false teaching. When I learnt the truth because I heeded the Holy Spirit warning I found myself wanting to know the truth and nothing but the truth and I started to study my bible in ernest.

>> if Jesus is in me He speaks in me through the Holy Spirit… so yes I will get a feeling if something is wrong or right

Yes MS but to check if your feeling is from the Holy Spirit you need to go to scripture and test the spirit that is giving you your feelings. Testing the Spirits – True Spiritual Discernment

Please read this article on the Holy Spirit, The Biblical Holy Spirit vs.The False Unholy Spirit of Fire

45. MS says:

[deleted by DTW – if you want to get nasty I will delete you comments – you have a choice MS to follow the truth or a lie, you have free will, use it, I will not quote scripture to you anymore. bye bye]

46. cinthia says:

Please don’t let satan tear brothers and sisters apart but be patient with all…for some don’t understand everything, we are not called to understand everything but to have faith in God, to believe in Jesus Christ whom He sent and follow Him…His Spirit will lead to all truth, don’t discredit everyone especially when it comes to their testimonies this is what lead them to Him…too many people are falling for the biggest tactic of satan and that is to divide like he did with Adam and Eve when they blamed one another instead of taking responsibility of their sin.
    Amen Love you all
    May Jesus Christ bless you with peace

47. cinthia,

You should decide whether you want to obey Jesus or your own insights. Jesus commanded us:

Take heed that no man deceive you. (Matthew 24:4)

Or do you prefer to see yourself and others deceived for the sake of a false love? This is the biggest tactic of Satan – to deceive God’s children and have them believe it’s OK because it supposedly is the lovable thing to do.

48. Tanya P says:

[deleted by DTW – if you want to be blatantly nasty then expect your comment to be deleted.]

49. melanie says:

Shame on you!

50. melanie says:

Please forgive me DTW. I was about to type in something like yeah to go, or something keep on shining the light on darkness, but something took control of my hand. Please don’t think that I was making this up. It true that some force took hold of my hand.

51. melanie says:

I used to think that I was truly saved, but when I look back on all the things in the past( such as some one lift me up and put me down, seeing strange things in my food, some light (whatever true light or false) keep knocking me out and seeing heaven, hell, angels,devils, and Jesus). Sometime my hand seem to move on it own, as in something or someone is moving my arm/hand. I also sometime move like a snake. Please pray for me and for those who are falsely convert.

Melanie

>> Shame on you!

Shame on who?

Dear Melanie

I am not sure if you are speaking the truth or not, If you are you need salvation and deliverance, if you are not speaking the truth then you need to go and comment somewhere else.

54. Lize says:

I have to say, I see allot that you are saying, but a few things bother me….

Firstly she is Afrikaans….I think something got lost in translation, as an Afrikaans person myself I do not read her book in the “way” you do.

Secondly, I cant believe you say that God doesn’t speak to people through dreams anymore? Where in the Bible does it say that? I dream ALLOT, and sometimes God reveals something to me, other times He wants to warm me about something happening in the spirit that we have to pray about as a family. So you say that we do not dream anymore because its from the Old Testament, and that with the coming of Jesus Christ that we should only focus on the word? What about people that can not write or read? Either because they were never educated (like allot of People in AFRICA experience) or they have a disability? So God do not speak to them at all? They do not experience Him through any other way than the Bible?

I do believe everything should be tested against the word of God. But I can not help to see how you so ever promptly say that Retah is misinterpreting the word….and then YOU have the RIGHT interpretation? How do you know? Were you there when the word was written?

I don’t think it is strange that there are so many against them….aren’t that always the way it is when God sends someone to be HIS hands and feet on earth?

You also seem to forget to extract one important thing from the Bible….and that is that we should not judge others. That is only left up to God on Judgement day. They way you judge others is the way that you will be judged.

IF she is so BAD….why teach people about God, Heaven, how to life your live to get eternal live? Why teach people about the work of Satan and how he gets gateways into your life? Why would she want people to repent that and protect that with the blood of Jesus?

I think everyone who just had an encounter with Jesus Christ Himself, and really turn their lives around are bound to make mistakes. I think it is very unfair to judge her on her first book. Have you read any of the other two books? Any of her other teachings? Any of her other blogs posted on youtube?

May God soften your heart, may you go on to read and listen to other teaching from her and really without a judgemental heart give an honest opinion.

I am sure when you just started your journey with God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, you were not perfect either….not everything is occult and not everyone was perfect before they started their lives with God. Even Jesus had people follow him even after they were possessed by demons….

And here are proof in the Bible that other people after Jesus raised people from the dead:
    In Joppa Peter resurrects a generous woman named Tabitha (Acts 9:36-41).
    Paul raises from the dead a young man named Eutychus who fell from a window (Acts 20:7-12).

The last known person in the Bible raised from the dead was the apostle Paul himself after being stoned by an unruly mob. During Paul’s very first missionary journey, Jews from Pisidian Antioch and Iconium arrived in Lystra and succeeded in turning the people against Paul and Barnabas. Paul is soon STONED and has his dead body dragged out of the city. Some believers find Paul’s body and as they stand around it Paul comes back to life!

20. But while the disciples were standing around him, he arose; and he went into the city with them. (Acts 14)

Don’t limit God to your understanding and interpretation of the Bible. And why cant God use people today as he did in the Bible to proclaim His good works? To be His hands and feet on earth? To tell people what they saw and tell people that Jesus is alive and that he is coming soon? didn’t God use people in the Bible that way even after Jesus left the earth? Didn’t John get a vision from God after Jesus left the earth about the end times? About the things to come? I am sure Revelation was written by John? I am also sure that he saw what God wanted him to see and warn people about what is to come….

I believe in my heart that God uses people more and more every day. Nothing wrong with that and definitely Biblical.

Hope you see my point as well…

55. Lize wrote,

We are commanded to judge all things (not the persons but the things they say and proclaim).

1 Corinthians 2:15 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

If you do not evaluate, discern or examine the things people say ion the light of God’s Word, you are not a mature Christian but still immature.

Ephesians 4:14 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

56. Amelia says:

Hi Deborah, Why didn’t you answer Chany about the Catholic faith she is in ?

Amelia

Why don’t you answer her…

58. Annenarie says:

God can work in any supernatural way by His Spirit the way He wants to work. .He is God of the super natural

59. Annemarie,

God may work in any way He wants but He will never work in a ways Satan wants Him to work. Let me give you an example.

Jesus could very easily have changed stones into bread if He wanted to while He was tempted of the devil in the wilderness. You know as well as I that He could have done it without any effort but refused to do so because the devil wanted Him to do so.

60. Elvis Munetsi says:

Labeling others as false teachers did not start today but it started long back. The Pharisees, Scribes, Sadducee, and High Priests all labelled Jesus as a false teacher. They claimed to know the scriptures and used them to discredit Jesus but this did not mean that their claims were true.Your sentiments about Retah are likewise in the same vein. Your analysis about her may be wrong. Its simply based on interpretation of scriptures which again may be wrong. Jesus once told his disciples that a time would come when those that persecute you would think that they are serving God. You probably have not reached the level that Retah has reached. Jesus was criticized for saying your sins are forgiven because of the ignorance of His critics. It does not mean that every time you criticise someone you are right. Your criticism may be due to ignorance. I pray that the truth may prevail.

61. Elvis Munetsi,

So, according to you we should disobey Jesus who said that we should take heed that no one deceive us (Matthew 24:4) just because the Pharisees lablled Him a false teacher? Would you like to be a spititually mature Chrirstian? You do? Well, then you should start doing the following.

But the spiritual man [the spiritually mature Christian] judges all things [questions, examines and applies what the Holy Spirit reveals], yet is himself judged by no one [the unbeliever cannot judge and understand the believer’s spiritual nature]. (A1 Cor. 2:15 mplified Bible (AMP).

And by the way, the Bible is a closed canon. We do not need people who have allegedly died and allegedly visited heaven to tell us what it’s like.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. (2 Ti 3:16-17)

When Paul was allowed to visit the third heaven, he was not allowed to tell anyone what he had seen. (2 Cor 12:1-4). Nowadays every Tom, Dick and Harry supposedly visits heaven and tells everything he allegedly hasd seen. It is unlawful and a sin.

62. Lee says:

Deborah you cannot win people to Christ by ridiculing and being rude to them.seems like you can’t take opposition.

63. Lee,

This site is not about taking or not taking opposition. It is about the truth versus the lie and the brutal exposure of lies that are leading people to hell. Or do you prefer that we rather be so nice that we too should lead people to hell ever so politely without them even noticing it?

Would you say this is rude?

“Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?” (Mat 23:33). By the way these are Jesus’ words, not Deborah’s.

These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever. (Jud 1:12-13). And by the way Deborah didn’t utter these words.

64. Rentia says:

Firstly, in the Old Testament God spoke to His people via dreams, visions and prophecies.

Secondly, in the New Testament, the Holy Spirit that abides in born again Christian speaks to us and points us to the Word of God.

No you are wrong and in Acts 2:17 the New Testament Jesus himself says so, the old Testament and the New Testament are not seperate from one another. Last year I had a dream, just a white background with a very clear voice that said: “You are pregnant with a daughter and her name is Amelia”. That was it. I woke up and immediately said to Jesus, “No its not possible”. Here I was wrong, because we did a test and I was three weeks pregnant, a digital test and immediately searched the name Amelia and the meaning in Hebrew Work of the Lord. We knew the dream to be true and asked Jesus to show us what He wants us to do. I am not going to go into detail as its a long story, but in short, we asked Him to show us because our previous pregnancy was an unassisted home birth as no one wanted to help us. This turned out to be our second unassisted home birth as the same happened again and we had a blessed pregnancy, asking for Jesus guidance. I walked with her until I was at 41weeks 6days then woke up the morning with a huge contraction at 04h35. At 08h45 I said to my husband he needs to get me to Medi-Clinic as I was not sure what was happening to my body, I could not examine myself. We stopped at Medi-Clinicjust passed 09h00 in the morning, I went inside and the doctors wanted to know who my gyne was, I did not have one, who my midwife was, I did not have one and when they checked me, the doctor litteraly screamed: ” she is crowning” and then he saw my previous c-section cut and wanted to know if I have had previous c-sections. They ran with me into the labour room, my previous gyne came in and just said to me, “do you feel the contraction, now push” and our daughter was out with the second push completely. My first normal birth after four c-sections!!! Every doctor and the gyne, nurse just kept on coming to us asking “how did you do it?” Our only answer her name: Work of the Lord!! If you do not believe me, please phone Medi-Clinic in Stellenbosch as this is where it happened on 20 June 2018. Jesus still speaks in dreams, very clearly and if you do not believe go ask Him directly, He will answer you. All this because of a dream that I received.

65. Hi Rentia. You mention your husband. May I ask, are you legally married?

66. Rentia says:

Hi Tom, Yes I am legally married, twice actually on the same day in 2004. My husband is greek so we got married in church in Cape Town at 15h10 the afternoon and then again at 18h00 at the Greek Church in Woodstock so we left the church at 20h30 for the reception as in Greek Law if we were not to get married in the Greek Church it means when he enters Greece his not married as every marriage and birth must be registered and done by them at the church and Greek Consulate. This was the birth of our fifth child. Yes since our awakening we left the Greek Orthodox church as they see the saints as our mediator and not Jesus Christ. So was our last children registered – No, do we know now that it does not matter in God’s eyes, yes, because we know that we are in union with Him and since we do not travel to Greece anymore it does not matter. The doctors did not want to help us as their only opinion was fear and another c-sectionas the only option available.