Todd Bentley (Fresh with the Fires of Hell) visiting South Africa – BEWARE!

Discerning the World is an internet Discernment ministry based in Johannesburg South Africa that was founded by Deborah Ellish in 2008. Tom Lessing joined Deborah in May 2013. Tom Lessing founded the website "Waak en Bid/Watch and Pray" which was closed in 2013 and articles moved across to Discerning the World.

1. Felicity says:

Hi Deborah

Todd Bently’s crowd are sending SMS’s about another event in Jhb/Pta. Didn’t quite catch the date or location. My sms came through my landline and no option to replay.

Just thought I let you know.

blessings
    Felicity

Oh my goodness, thanks Felicity.

Todd Bentley says: “We are now moving to the Pretoria Showgrounds on May 15 and will be prophesying to the twin cities in revival and power. Johannesburg and Pretoria are the Financial and governmental Capitals in SA, so get ready for an Awakening of His Power and Presence. We will now have a population of over 12 million to reach with the gospel. These services will continue to Broadscast live to the world on GOD TV. Many international guests are flying in and anyone reading this is more than welcome to come get under the cloud with us for a week or more.”

4. Sharon says:

I lived in Florida when this nutty wolf in sheep’s clothing was exposed as nothing but a lie. The antichrist must be very close in announcing himself as the one person that can fix the world’s problems. The people who continue to follow these nuts have to have little if any Biblical convictions. The “church” is headed for collision. Those of us who truly know our Lord Jesus will end up being as the Jews were in Hitler’s Germany.
    The wolves will remain behind when the Lord takes us outta here. Antichrist will cure the problem of wolves in sheep’s clothing. Even so, come Lord Jesus!

5. Kathleen Blank says:

Dear Brothers and sisters in Christ
    I believe you are doing Gods will by trying to worn others about other people and ministries. But I see a lot of gossip and slander going on. Which is also a sin. Some of the people you have been gossiping about have repented and ask for forgiveness. Why have you not fogiven? I would ask that all please read 1 Cor.13 before making any statements about anyone or a ministry.
    We are to pray for and lift back up those who have fallen, not push them further down. The next time you hear of someone who fell or is teaching something other then the full truth, go into your closet and fast and intersead for them. With our mouth we build up and with our mouth we distroy.

Kathleen Blank

>> Some of the people you have been gossiping about have repented and ask for forgiveness. Why have you not fogiven?

Like who? Talk nonsense!

There is no gossip on this website, only truth. You on the other hand by saying what you have said have lied.

7. David says:

Todd did not raise 33 people from the dead.He has not met Paul.His real gift is to tell a very tall tale with a very straight face.I dare anybody to take a little time and go on utube and watch Todd contradict himself.He comes up with new stories every day,so many in fact he cant keep them straight.It is pretty obvious that God Tv, lol is trying to hype him back .The Lord exposed tons of false prophets publicly at Lakeland yet nobody seemed to care .I dont consider my self a gossip Kathleen but have you considerd He is laying his hands on little kids for impartation .When Todd was at Lakeland he said this all started with William Branham a heretic who denied the trinity and had a pyramid with an all seeing eye placed on his tombstone.The bible says you will no them by there fruits.Look at the fruit of this movement .Scandel after scandel.I dont know Todd or any of the people He does but the bible says He who is faithfull in little is faithfull in much, and these guys come up with Seed Faith, Touch not Gods Annointed and too many failed to count

8. David says:

it was failed prophecys to count in last blog

Thanks David

10. Glenzito says:

The Bam Bam Bam baptism

I am not a follower of this guy yet, but thanks to your scathing critisism because it made me curious. looking at this video objectively I do not see anything wrong. He is baptising in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. The only thing is that sometimes he would subsititude the Holy Ghost with a sound symbol. This is also called Onomatopoeia. In the book of Acts chapter two the bible says the Holy Spirit came as a sound (not silent)like that of a mighty rushing wind. I don’t know how a wind sounds like even more so a mighty rushing one. The sound of heavy rain is “whoosh” or “splash” so I suppose depending on what the wind comes against; ‘bam’ is not unthinkable.

I don’t know much about this guy as I said but your blanket critism of everything he does; makes me look at your comments with suspicion.

Glenzito

There is a saying in the bible that goes like this:

Proverbs 18:2 ESV “A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.”

12. Glenzito says:

[delete – you don’t want to understand – if you wanted to understand you would have tried from the start instead of insulting me and this website]

13. Cynda Knoll says:

If he is preaching in the Name of Jesus what is the problem. Just pray and do not tear down…

14. Cynda Knoll wrote:

He is NOT preaching in the Name of the Jesus of the Bible. He is preaching in the name of another Jesus. In any case even the preaching in the Name of Jesus Christ can be very dangerous when you distort Scripture like Tod Bentley.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Mat 7:22-23)

I suggest that you loosen yourself from their heretic influence and begin to follow the real Jesus of the Bible before it’s too late. You have been deceived.

15. Hondagirl777 says: