FIFA says Free Education for Africa – What does the fine print say?
As I sat watching the FIFA 2010 draw take place last week. The President of FIFA Sepp Blatter said they had a big surprise for the world. The 2010 FIFA soccer world cup would be used in a political way for the first time ever. He said that they had a campaign in place that would provide Africa with FREE education. It’s called 1Goal.
* 1 GOAL is an ambitious and important campaign that will change the lives of children living in poverty by helping to give them an education. We’re campaigning in over 200 countries from now until the FIFA World Cup final in South Africa in 2010.
- * 1 GOAL is quite simply a global team that will voice our wishes to world leaders to keep their promise of giving everyone an education by 2015.
Many governments from Europe and the US were going to play a big part in this endeavour and these people are:
- Jordan’s Queen Rania,
- UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown,
- Spanish President JosÃ© Luis RodrÃguez Zapatero,
- Dutch Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende,
- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon,
- US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton (sent by Obama),
- leaders of Brazil (Luiz InÃ¡cio, Lula da Silva),
- Ghana John Atta Mills,
- Australia Prime Minister Kevin Rudd ,
- FIFA President Sepp Blatter,
- Sir Bob Geldof,
- President of the EC Jose Manuel Barroso
My question is, after they have pumped billions of $’s into Africa and transformed it, then what? What is the fine print at the bottom of the agreement say?
You owe us x amount of $’s and if you can’t pay us back then WE the EU own you…
Can’t wait to see how this one pans out.