What Greater Sign is there? Revelations 12 & Sep 2017

Deborah Ellish is the author of the above article. Discerning the World is an internet Christian Ministry based in Johannesburg South Africa. Tom Lessing and Deborah Ellish both own Discerning the World. For more information see the About this Website page below the comments section.

1. Great article, Deborah. It is very sad to see how many Christians are being led astray by signs and wonders, the one thing most of them have grown accustomed to in Charismatic and Pentecostal churches. Without signs they fail to believe in the way the Bible teaches us to have faith (Hebrews 11:1).

2. RJ says:

SO GLAD you were up to the task & tackled this’n, Deborah!! Will admit, I spent the last 20 some years sitting on (behind) and to give me as well as others a spark of hope that truly Jesus (was) coming (super soon so I thought then) — I spent that time trying to pinpoint a general time frame…. I GREATLY REGRET THIS WASTE OF TIME & HAVE SINCE MAJORLY REPENTED OF IT!!! That foolishness is over, over, O V E R in my life!!

But… wouldn’t you know, as we get closer to this date on the calendar, “here they come: out of the woodwork” to tell me that the rapture (without a doubt, they say!) WILL HAPPEN on Sept. 23!! And with them, I’ve shared my story/testimony of how I no longer spend time doing this & feel those who do it accomplish nothing (except for doing exactly what the Lord told us NOT to do!!) I further broke down Rev. 12 for them, same as you’ve done here. But “hands clasping over ears” ~ “we don’t WANT TO HEAR IT!!!

One friend I met a number of years ago and I love her in the love of the Lord, yet pretty sure I made her mad (not purposely but figured if she was brazen enough to share or perhaps force her views on me, that I needed to share the same sentiment to let her know I am “NOT” in the same camp/bandwagon!!) so I went out on a limb & called the (insert names of favorite false prophets here) “certain men” who’ve emphatically stated over the past handful of years that the rapture would definitely happen on “that year’s Rosh Hashanah”: I told her they are FALSE PROPHETS because they never repent of this practice, but merely later say they need to “recalculate”.

She emailed back about my great knowledge about how they are “LIARS”. Well, um…. Yeah, if the shoe fits!!

At any rate, what I’ve been dealing with for the past couple of weeks. Finally I chose to not even read any such emails. A BIG WASTE OF TIME. And I’d rather deal with my quiet but busy life rather than spending my last early hours quarreling with Christians (who refuse to listen anyway).

We do not (AND WILL NOT) know the EXACT day & hour, it’d be foolish to propose a date – as you’re a day ahead of me, Deborah! So any date I’d “guess” would be wrong for one of us! :grin:
    We know we are close. We know Jesus IS coming. These days, that’s enough for me!

And you’re 100% right (I’ve told this to others as well) that by focusing in on Sept. 23 – it takes our focus OFF TODAY!!! Lord Jesus could call us up to the clouds before this day’s is even over!

However, if we are here till late September, you’ll see a lot of rapture-watching heads hanging low by the 24th!! And then… back to the diagrams, the you-tube videos, the figuring, etc. to “recalculate”.

This does not in any way mean I’ve given up watching, but rather I’m tired of the FOLLY, of all the game playing where “someone” {anyone actually} proposes a date, then it takes off like wildfire as others join in & “build a case” as to why it’s “definitely going to happen” on the particular proposed date! Pure nonsense & foolishness!!

May we watch always and pray to be accounted worthy to escape (per Luke 21:36) and be found studying, loving His Word, and leaning on Him to direct our steps to redeem the time, what little there is left of it!

Amen! And “Even so, come Lord Jesus”!!

3. RJ says:

Where’s the “slap self upside the head” emoticon?? :think: Goodness! And I’ve worked as an editor even! Hate it when I make goofball mistakes…. and to think I even reread that!!

When I wrote: And I’d rather deal with my quiet but busy life rather than spending my last early hours quarreling with Christians (who refuse to listen anyway).

OF COURSE I MEANT: don’t want to spent my last EARTHLY hours quarreling with Christians…

It’s not profitable!

From the Berean Bible:
    2 Timothy 2:23 But reject foolish and ignorant speculation, for you know that it breeds quarreling. 24 And a servant of the Lord must not be quarrelsome, but he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, and forbearing. 25 He must gently reprove those who oppose him, in the hope that God may grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth.…

4. Many Christians who love to pin a date to Jesus Christ’s return at the Rapture don’t seem to know how thieves operate when they want to plunder your home. Let’s see now; They usually phone you and reveal to you the exact day they aim to break into your home . . . and even beg you not to be at home then, because they want to do their work unhindered. :ohno:

5. Ram Tuff says:

This is a sign from God it will happen no matter what never happened before and never will again , We are to be watching and to be ready for anything , You have to know your season we are in ,, Fukushima will never be stopped and some scientist are saying only 9 years left for us, so the Pre Trib rapture is going to take place very soon and it would awesome to happen on sept 23/17 as this sign will happen no matter what ,, How to go to Heaven http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/how_to_be_saved.html Just be ready :nod:

6. Hi Ram Tuff,

What did Jesus mean when he said, “A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed. (Matthew 16:4). The Rapture can take place any moment and guess what? – NO signs are given for the Rapture.

7. Robbie says:

Wow Ram you are running to and fro. You say scientists say only 9 yrs left?… The Bible says 1 Tim 6:20 – “….avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:”

Then you jump to David Steward…. to find out how to be saved and go to heaven?… The Bible says Jer 17:5 – “Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.”

:wait: Think about it. We will talk again on Sept 24/17

8. :up: Robbie

Robbie says:

“We will talk again on Sept 24/17”

9. Faan says:

[DELETED by DTW – note: We have allowed you to comment many times before and have attempted to reason with you biblically, but you refuse to listen. From now on you have read only privileges.]

10. PeaceBWithU says:

[DELETED by DTW – note: Women should never be head of a church, and when in church should listen to GODLY instruction and should remain silent. A woman can however minister. Priscilla knew Scripture well enough to help instruct Apollos (Acts 18:26) – Your excuse to say that I must remain silent because I am a woman, when I have given clear biblical instruction regarding this Sign and Rev 12 is quite sad really. Could you not have come up with sound exegesis instead? No, you attack me personally. And no where in scripture is a woman told she must remain silent when false teaching is being spread around – no where is she told she must sit at the feet of a false teacher and succumb to their teaching. Unless this is what you believe?]

11. Robbie says:

Hellooooooo… :hi:

12. Alloooooooo Robbie :hi: and how are you on this fine Sunday the 24th September after the GREAT SIGN in the sky? I see nothing has happened except the USUAL bad weather the bible told us would happen as a sign in itself and rumours of wars etc.

But wait! I do know of something that did happen, Satan got a gazillion Christians stargazing also known as sinning.

13. Robbie says:

Oh it just continues Debs.. this is what they now say in general.

“I believe The Revelation 12 sign on Sept 23 was not an event but a SIGN marking an event which will soon take place”

No fear of Truth… or God. I am busy going through some posts now. Will post you.

14. Robbie

Oh :laugh: Yes like saying… “The weather is getting worse and worse as the years progress…I predict a hurricane or earthquake to come, I don’t know when, but it’s coming – mark my words”.

Yes Robbie please let us know the silly billy things that are being said. Much appreciated! :up: