Visitors from around the World

Translate blog:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Announcements

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

facebook: Discerning the World

Sign up to Receive Email Updates


powered by MailChimp!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Recent Comments

General Comments Section:

Click here for the General Comments Section Discerning the World - General Conversation Section

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Article Archive

Click here to find a List of all Articles List of all Articles
Click here to find a List of all Categories to search by Categories / Keywords

Website Stats

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Replacement Theology – A Doctrine of Demons

Replacement Theology - A Doctrine of Demons

Paul WilkinsonReplacement Theology

Paul Wilkinson, the author of many books defending God’s immutable covenants with the nation of Israel (Zion and Jerusalem), among them “Understanding Christian ZionismChristian Zionism” says in a radio interview with Tom McMahon:

” . . .  this doctrine, whether you call it amillennialism, replacement theology, fulfillment theology, whatever label we give to it, it is a doctrine of demons; it’s not the doctrine of the Holy Spirit, it’s not the doctrine of Jesus Christ, it is something that’s been imposed upon the minds of believers throughout the generations, and we’re called to reach out to our brothers and sisters in Christ and say, “Go back to the Scriptures! Let the Lord cleanse your mind of these doctrines so that you can see clearly what He has said, what He has declared in His Word.”

Transcript Part 1 :  Audio Part 1

Transcript Part 2 : Audio Part 2

Transcript Part 3 : Audio Part 3

Arafat and Stephen Sizer

Brothers in arms
Yasser Arafat and Stephen Sizer

(L-r) MacDonald Sullivan, Sabeel Peace Center initiator; Archbishop Desmond Tutu; Sabeel founder Rev. Canon Naim Ateek; and Rev. Richard Toll, chair of Friends of Sabeel-North America (Photo Betsy Mayfield).

Transcript Part 4 : Audio Part 4
The transcripts are very helpful because you can read the full interview while listening to the audio.
More...

17 comments to Replacement Theology – A Doctrine of Demons

  • The Berean Call quite rightly called Tutu an arch heretic. The picture of him above with his two friends on the left show them wearing their phylacteries broad. Tutu is virtually covered in his. All we can see is his head and what’s left is the broadest phylactery I’ve ever seen.
    What? no rebuke from their churches!
    Are they so biblically illiterate that they don’t know Matt 23:5? If they do, why then do they not accept what it says? Don’t they realize that by not accepting it they are rejecting the words of Jesus Christ Himself? I doubt if they give it a second thought.
    Stephen Sizer with his arm around a terrorist shows him to be the hypocrite he is: Arafat was not only an unashamed Moslem but a very proud one who endorsed every bit of Islam, right down to the training of children to be suicide bombers!
    If Sizer is so ignorant that he does not know what the Koran teaches about Jews–teachings which Arafat openly vaunted–then he should learn a bit about Islamic history. He should especially learn what Mohammed did at Medina after promising the people clemency if they’d open their gates to his army. Medina’s gates were opened and the people were slaughtered by the Moslem hordes.
    Mohammad was a liar and a murderer, pretty much like Arafat himself. Arafat boasted at Camp David, while signing a peace treaty, of what Mohammad did at Medina. Arafat said publicly to the UN that Jesus was the first Palestinian to carry a sword. No outcry then for such a blatant and even blasphemous lie from the likes of Sizer or Tutu. Arafat also made the same claim in front of Pope John Paul II, an open friend of the terrorist. Dave Hunt rightly asked why the pope didn’t publicly rebuke Arafat as he made the ludicrous lie publicly.
    There again, Catholics were the first Replacement heretics.
    As Arafat was a Moslem, it was incumbent upon him to practise Taqqiya. That means it was incumbent upon him to lie for Islam. (The Bible tells us clearly where ALL liars are going [Rev 22:15].) If Tutu and Sizer had any knowledge of Islam, they would have known about Taqqiya. They flaunt their own ignorance of Islam which is surely willful ignorance. After all, there are plenty of Christian writers, some former Moslems, who expose Islam for what it truly is.
    All Sizer and Tutu have to do is check out what Taqqiya means and they’ll see for themselves that it is incumbent upon ALL Moslems to lie for their religion. While they are at it they could also check out Dhimmi. I take it that they are equally ignorant of Dhimmi too as they haven’t made any comments about it. If Sizer, who flaunted his friendship with Arafat, does know what Dhimmi is, then he again shows himself to be a hypocrite.
    These heretics–for heretics they are–are not interested in what God’s Word says. They are so arrogant that they think they know better than the clear statements of Scripture. They agree with the words of Satan himself, “Yea, hath God said?” [Gen 3:1.]
    I said Sizer was a hypocrite and I repeat it because he is.
    He belongs to a nation that occupied territories virtually all over the world. And these occupied territories were of nations that were no theat to his own, unlike the enemies of Israel.
    British soldiers not so long ago murdered unarmed INDIGENOUS Irish citizens in their own country on infamous Bloody Sunday. Not long after that, two British soldiers shot two unarmed joyriders dead–again Irish kids in their own nation while these so-called soldiers were not in their own. Then, a couple of years or so later, two British soldiers deliberately and callously murdered a teenager who tried to have fun with them. The murder was so despicable the lad was shot in the back as he jogged past them. They were occupying forces and the murdered lad was in his own country.
    Though those four British assassins were tried and found guilty by a British (NOT Irish) court, the British media, the politicians and the powers that be in the armed forces, campaigned for the release of the “Soldiers”–cowardly assassins.
    So where was the outrage of Sizer those times when his own nation carried out real atrocities? His nation’s politicians and media call lands the Israelis won in wars that were started by their enemies “Occupied territories.” These politicians and media moghuls do not call the lands the English occupied throughout the world “Occupied territories.”
    And you can be sure that Stephen sizer is not going to point it out to anyone.
    There was not a cheep from the Anglican or other establishment churches about the above notorious, government-sanctioned murders. Yet, these Replacement heretics, like Tutu and Sizer, make friends with terrorists and refuse to condemn them. (Tutu agreed with the violence of ANC and I cannot remember him even condemning the ANC “necklacing”.) So as they agree with Arab terrorists, they are certainly going to agree with their own nations’ terrorists.
    It’s not only Sizer who is a hypocrite, Tutu is another. They are so blatant about their hypocrisy that they do not even try to hide it.
    Nor do they try to hide their love for this world–of which we Christians are to come out. They agree with the UN’s stance on Israel showing that they agree with this world’s politics and the soon coming New World Order. They show there that they adamantly disagree also with the Bible. It is an offence to them.
    I would loathe to be in their shoes when they stand before Jesus Christ to give account for rejecting God’s infallible Word on Israel.
    These are men without mercy. This is shown when they say nothing whatsoever about Arab terrorism against unarmed Israelis–regardless of age, sex or condition and who are particularly singled out because they are vulnerable. Nor do they say anything about Arab terrorism against other Arabs and are silent when those of their own political stances commit crimes against those who don’t share them.
    It is the merciful who shall receive mercy, not the merciless who hide behind religion–and religion of this world at that–which comes from the god of this world.
    Jonah 2:8 states: “Those who regard worthless idols forsake their own mercy.” An idol is anything we put before God. Sizer and Tutu put their Replacement heresy before God and they do so by rejecting God’s Word (particularly on Israel). It is their idol. There is not one word of Scripture they can get to back their heresy and there are plenty of Scriptures to condemn it. So they have forsaken their own mercy.
    We should pray that they repent of it.
    We go so far and then God hands us over to our own ways. God did so with Pharaoh by hardening his heart, the result of us handing ourselves over to a lie. He will do so when He send the strong delusion. He says He will so we can depend on it.

  • My highest commendation to Discerning the World, for exposing Stephen Sizer!!!
    I would like to offer you my expose of Sizer and my correspondence with him, including his unrepentant retaliatory threats against me.

    Blessings,
    James Sundquist

    January 8, 2014

    Dear Stephen Sizer,

    This is my second request and followup inquiry to you regarding Rick Warren, regarding Rick Warren’s statement about his Purpose Driven Life Book: “best selling non-fiction hardback book in history”, which I refute at:

    I see that as late as yesterday that you are still promoting Rick Warren. If you don’t believe me that his claim about the sales of his PDL has no foundation in fact, since you know him well, ask him directly for the date, issue, and page number of the Publishers Weekly citation. Also ask the President George Slowik of Publishers Weekly, as I did, and you will be able to verify that they have no record of ever publishing such a statement. And while you are at it, if Warren’s book is first, who came in second, third, tenth? I would think as a Christian that you would want to trust but verify. As such a boast would make your similar statement about the popularity of Rick Warren’s book (about 2 minutes in) at:

    also untrue. I am surprised you, as an author, would not know that statement is farfetched and unbelievable. And where is the proof and citation that Warren’s book is even “the most popular book in the world apart from the Bible” 2:24 minutes in? Who told you that? Did you verify that?

    I look forward to your prompt response.

    Sincerely in Christ,

    James Sundquist
    Director
    http://www.perfectpeaceplan.com

    Dear James,

    I suggest you take it up with Amazon and Charisma
    “Rick Warren is one of the most influential pastors in the world and has been referred to as such by Newsweek and Time magazine. His Purpose Driven Life has sold more than thirty million copies worldwide since its release in 2003 which, according to Publisher’s Weekly, makes it the bestselling hardcover non-fiction book in history.”
    But actually, instead, I recommend you find something more constructive to invest your time and energy in.

    In His grace,
    Stephen

    Dear Stephen Sizer,

    So the bottom line is that you refuse to repent! Your false statements still remain false statements on your site and Gospel Coalition. So your intent is to leave them on there? You will not alert or inform them that you bore false witness about collaborator and co-conspirator, Rick Warren, thereby continue to leave them in the dark and continue to lead them astray? So now that you know the statements by Warren, Amazon, and Charisma are patently false, you will now tell your own congregation that you misled them right? And you and these people can’t even keep their story straight. The quotes are not even consistent, and never came from Publishers Weekly. Now I can’t help but ask if why he tells me how worthless the time I spend on informing him of the this fraud, then why should I spend my time confronting Amazon or Charisma re the statement? I am glad the Apostle Paul, Jude, Peter, and John did not follow your advice regarding exposing false teachers. And why would I take this up with Amazon or Charisma? What do they have to do with this? You simply engaging in blame shifting to someone else perpetuating the same myth.

    As to your ad hominem attack on me, what better time could be spent then obeying Christ and the Apostles to mark and expose false teachers and picking up the pieces of the shattered lives of Christians and churches that Rick Warren calls “Enemies of the 21st Century” and opposing those false teachers such as yourself who have abandoned Israel and scorned their inheritance, putting a curse on themselves and everyone they lead astray? You are a biblical scholar. So you read Rick Warren’s PDL book and did not find a host biblical errors? It is simply shocking and demolishes your own credibility.
    Nevertheless, let the record reflect your position. I will be sure to alert my own media database and the various national radio programs I frequent.

    Regarding how I should spend my time, I spend it opposing your teachings and supporting people like Walid Shoebat, [name redacted for security reasons],Caryl Matrisciana (UK and USA), David Bay of Cutting Edge Ministries, Berean Call, Southwest Radio Church, Miguel Hayworth and Bayith Ministries in the UK, and many other discernment ministries who opposes you, and publish a film documentary entitled:

    GLOBAL CONSPIRACY TO STEAL THE LAND OF ISRAEL
    demolishes the strongholds you promote globally:

    Our DVD is mostly devoted to proving the fulfillment of Scripture Prophecy (Old and New Testaments) and the future of Israel and Greater Israel.

    It was recently released and is now available at: http://www.cuttingedge.org/detail.cfm?ID=2538
    Finally, you should not sign your letter “In His grace”, because you are not in his grace if you promote false teachers and teachings yourself, and further refuse to repent, so unless you do, you are in danger of Matthew 7:

    Matthew Chapter 7
    22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

    Sincerely in Christ,

    James Sundquist
    http://www.perfectpeaceplan.com

    From: Stephen Sizer
    Date: Jan 13, 2014 11:43:20 PM
    Subject: Your Servant
    To: “rock.salt@verizon.net”

    Dear James

    The bottom line is that you are rude and disrespectful if fellow servants of Jesus Christ. You are fixated and have a divisive spirit. If you persist in harassing me I will happily make public your behaviour. And there will be no further correspondence until you take a more respectful approach.
    In His grace
    Stephen

    JAMES SUNDQUIST FINAL COMMENT:
    So which one is divisive, the one who divides up the land of Israel, or the one that warns this so-called brother of what is in store for these enemies of Christ and Israel that divide up the Promised Land? The one who calls those who support Israel’s right to the land, enemies, or the ones who fear the Lord and warn the world and the church what is in store for those who do? The one who forms unholy alliances with Rick Warren who makes a false claim that his book is the best selling book in history, or the one who warns everyone of this fraud and comes to the defense of the victims?

    MY LETTER TO YASMINE PERNI, WHOSE FILM “THE STONES CRY OUT” IS PROMOTED AT STEPHEN SIZER’S CHURCH:

    From: James Sundquist
    Date: January 11, 2014 4:26:44 PM EST
    To: yasmine@thestonescryoutmovie.com
    Subject: re Your movie and Steven Sizer

    Dear Yasmine Perni,

    I read about you and your movie The Stones Cry Out”, upon visiting Stephen Sizer’s church website.

    In response, I invite you to consider three things:

    1. The title of your movie “The Stones Cry Out” is a phrase, as you know which is taken from Luke 19:40:

    “And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.” But it is in reference to what the Jews had just said in verse 38:

    “Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.”

    So the source of cries (voices) were the Jews. The object of their praise was Jesus Christ himself. It had nothing to do with Palestinians. So with due respect, you have usurped this scripture and applied these voices to the wrong people. And even if it were true, that the stones were crying out (instead of the Palestinians)…it would have been a rebuke to the Palestinians, not a compliment, and it crying out was for the purpose of announcing Christ who was born King and would one day reign as King over Israel when he sits on David’s throne, when he returns in Glory. Since when is David’s throne a Palestinian throne? Christ will destroy usurpers and enemies of Israel with the breath of his nostril and the sword of his mouth. The very first thing Christ will do when he returns is make war against all who have plundered and taken possession his land, tried to destroy Israel as a nation, and scorned their inheritance. Then he will reign over Greater Promised Land Israel.

    2. Steven Sizer’s promotion of Rick Warren, you need to be alerted to this…he has responded by did not repent, but rather retaliated:

    January 8, 2014

    Dear Stephen Sizer,

    This is my second request and followup inquiry to you regarding Rick Warren, regarding Rick Warren’s statement about his Purpose Driven Life Book: “best selling non-fiction hardback book in history”, which I refute at:

    I see that as late as yesterday that you are still promoting Rick Warren. If you don’t believe me that his claim about the sales of his PDL has no foundation in fact, since you know him well, ask him directly for the date, issue, and page number of the Publishers Weekly citation. Also ask the President George Slowik of Publishers Weekly, as I did, and you will be able to verify that they have no record of ever publishing such a statement. And while you are at it, if Warren’s book is first, who came in second, third, tenth? I would think as a Christian that you would want to trust but verify. As such a boast would make your similar statement about the popularity of Rick Warren’s book (about 2 minutes in) at:

    also untrue. I am surprised you, as an author, would not know that statement is farfetched and unbelievable. And where is the proof and citation that Warren’s book is even “the most popular book in the world apart from the Bible” 2:24 minutes in? Who told you that? Did you verify that?

    I look forward to your prompt response.

    Sincerely in Christ,

    James Sundquist
    Director
    http://www.perfectpeaceplan.com

    3. Another Biblical Perspective on the Land of Israel (which refutes Steven Sizer):

    In this regard, I invite you to consider our new film documentary:

    My DVD is mostly devoted to proving the fulfillment of scripture Prophecy (Old and New Testaments) and the future of Israel and Greater Israel.

    It was just released and is now available at: http://www.cuttingedge.org/detail.cfm?ID=2538

    Now had she done so, there would have been a missing link in the genealogy of Christ, and we might not have a Jewish Messiah for both Israel every Gentile nation.
    Your argument is basically that of what Rahab’s would have been were she to not hide the spies and ultimately side with Israel, but turn them in and side with the Canaanites, because, after all, it is they who are the victims. Finally, are you proposed that all of the land inheritance parceled right down to the clans in the 12 Tribes of Israel in Ezekiel Chapters 45-48 be transferred to the Palestinians? This is also a similar argument of the Vatican and the history of the Crusades. The ultimate plot of the Roman Catholic Church was not to rescue the land of Israel and Jerusalem for the Jews, but to have the Roman Catholic Church possess it for themselves, as though they need the property…as the Roman Catholic Church is already the riches property owner in the world.

    Now here is what is really going to happen with the stones (rocks). It won’t be the stones that cry out, but it will be All Enemies of Israel, included those who call themselves Christians who will be crying out for the stones (rocks) to fall on them as they live in dread of His Second Coming and judgment who claimed or stole the land of Israel for themselves, in accordance with these scriptural promises:

    “And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:” Revelation 6:16

    “Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” Matthew 7:22-23

    I hope and pray that you and Stephen Sizer will rescind your views, publish them, and stand with the Lord, so neither of you will not have to face the Wrath of the Lamb.

    Sincerely in Christ,

    James Sundquist
    http://www.perfectpeaceplan.com

    January 13, 2014

    Dear Yasmine,

    In case you have not read this review of your movie yet:

    http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/05/palestinian-arab-christians-have-chosen-to-support-the-side-that-wants-to-destroy-christianity-2660876.html

    My comment: I think you truly believe that you are doing a favor to Christian Palestinians. But what you apparently don’t realize is this. If you succeed in your campaign, and Israel becomes a Palestinian State, who do you think will rule it? A Muslim or group of Muslims. Your fellow Palestinian Christians will be less safe. Their fate will be like the Coptic Christians in Egypt or worse. Is that what you champion? And what do you think will happen to the Jews? If you don’t know, you must read the Koran. Who will protect them? Who will rescue them? The United Nations? If you think the land of Palestine would be ruled by anyone but Muslims, you are deceived. It is true that Jerusalem will be trodden under foot until the fulness of the Gentiles. But after that, it won’t be trodden by the Gentiles, but by the Jews and Jesus Christ, as their King.

    Sincerely in Christ,

    James Sundquist

  • Fran

    While I don’t approve of friendship with Islam and Stephen Sizer being photographed with Yasser Arafat, Mr Sizer’s relationships with Arabs has no bearing on biblical interpretation.

    Replacement Theology is a derogatory term for the biblical interpretation of Galatians Chapter 6 verses 14-16.

    14. May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

    15. Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is the new creation.

    16. Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule-to the Israel of God.

    So the ‘Israel of God’ are those who are in Christ, circumcision having no further meaning nor significance!

    John 11: Verse 52: and not only for that nation but also for the scattered children of God, to bring them together and make them one. (V49-52)

    We have a clear prophecy that Jesus died to make the scattered people of God one people. From henceforth there would be one people of God through Isaac, the child of promise.

    Jewish and Gentile believers in Christ are members of ‘the people of Israel.’

    Read Ephesians Chapter 2. verses 11-22. This should be pretty clear to all! Before Gentile believers came to Christ they had been excluded from citizenship in Israel. Now however, Christian believers from any and every nation are considered as ‘fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household.’

    Romans Chapter 2: Verses 28-29.
    A person is not a Jew who is one only outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical.
    29. No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God.

    What of physical, national Israel? Is there any possible further place for them? The logical conclusion would seem to be: absolutely not, unless they come to Christ and this is indeed what the scriptures teach. As a physical nation, Israel is now divorced by God. There is hope that at the right time they will repent and turn to Christ.

    God didn’t make a mistake when the Jews didn’t turn to Christ. He didn’t make an alternative covenant. Christ’s plan of redemption was initiated before the creation of the world. There are no duel covenants. One for the Jews on earth and another one for Gentile Christians. Just one plan of redemption for Jew and Gentile alike.

  • Fran,

    No one said that Mr Sizer’s relationship with the Arabs has any bearing on Bible interpretation. However, when you side with Israel’s enemies who are seeking to destroy her from the face of the earth it does have a bearing on your own well-being. In fact, you are then cursed by God Himself.

    Indeed, there is only one plan of redemption for Jews and Gentiles alike. However, how would you interpret the following passages?

    For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers’ sakes. For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. (Rom 11:25-29)

    The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him. Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it. In that day, saith the LORD, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness. And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength in the LORD of hosts their God. In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem. The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah. In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them. And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon. And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart; The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart; All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart. (Zec 12:1-14)

    To whom is the prophet referring – the church or Israel?

    The Bible clearly distinguishes between the Gentiles, the church and Israel. Dave Hunt says, and I wholeheartedly agree with him.

    Now, when the Jews became believers in Christ and part of the Church, that didn’t end Israel . It didn’t end the other Jews, nor did they cease to be Jews themselves but they are one in Christ now with Gentiles. When the Gentiles become Christians that does not end the Gentile nations. So, you can’t say that because the church was founded the nation of Israel ceased to exist. So in 1 Co. 10:32 Paul says, “Giving none offense, neither to the Jew nor to the Gentile nor to the church of God .” So obviously, today after the Church was formed there still exist the Jew, the Gentile and the Church of God . And, those in the Church of God are neither Jew nor Gentile.

    God gave His people a land; he brought them into the land. When He brought them into the land He warned them that if they disobeyed Him He would cast them out, He would scatter them to every nation on the face of this earth. They would be hated and persecuted like no other people, (anti-Semitism) and He would preserve them and in the last days He would bring them back into their land. And, He would make Jerusalem “a cup of trembling, a burdensome stone to the nations of this world.” They would eventually—these people would be attacked by Antichrist at Armageddon and Jesus Christ himself, Zechariah:12:10 would return to this earth bodily, physically, bringing the saints [who had been raptured] from heaven with Him — that’s the Church—to rescue Israel in the midst of Armageddon and to establish His kingdom on this earth, ruling on the throne of His father, David. Now, the church was never given a land, they were never scattered from this land, they were never brought back into a land. So, unless you are going to spiritualize that away, and there is no basis for spiritualizing it, it was not spiritual in the Old Testament, you can’t suddenly cut it off and spiritualize it in the New Testament. No, these are a people, a continuing existence. In fact, the existence of the Jews today and of their presence in Israel , the rebirth of the nation Israel , this constitutes one of the greatest proofs that God exists, that the Bible is His Word. And, if you try to spiritualize this and turn it into the Church, you have pulled the rug out from under some of the greatest prophecies. The Old Testament is filled with prophecies concerning the return of these people to their land and that; in fact, they will be born again one day. Now again, Paul in (Romans 10), begins this way, he says, “Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. I bear the record that they have a zeal after God but not according to knowledge.” Now put the church in there. Paul says brethren, my heart’s desire; prayer to God for the church is that they might be saved. Wait a minute! You have to be saved to get into the church. So, the church still exists today and Israel still exists today but they are two separate entities. Now, Tom, as you know, being a former Catholic, this idea is really Catholicism revived among so-called Protestants. It was the Catholic Church that said we are the new Israel . Even Vatican II says Israel is the people formerly chosen by God. All down through history it was the Popes who started anti-Semitism as far as so-called Christians are concerned. They were the first ones who put Jews in ghettos and they made the Jews wear an identifying badge, a yellow hat, whatever, depending upon the Pope that was doing it. They slaughtered the Jews, the Crusaders, the first Crusade under Pope Urban II. As they moved across Europe they slaughtered Jews everywhere they could find them. People think that the Crusaders went to the so-called holy land to deliver it back to the Jews. No, they went there to take it for themselves and the leader of the Crusades said he was going to revenge the death of Jesus and he would slaughter every Jew. And, when they took Jerusalem they chased the Jews into the synagogue and set it ablaze. Pope Urban II said go back and take that land for yourselves. So, this is a Catholic idea, they took the names that God gave to Jerusalem . Jerusalem is mentioned 818 times in the Bible. It’s called the city of God . They took that name for Rome —it’s called the city of God , it’s called the Holy City . No, they took that name. The eternal city, no they took that name! No, this is the City of David; forty times in the Bible it is called that. So, they said, no, we are the new Israel and therefore, because of this error they thought that the church should build a world wide empire and that the church should rule, physically rule over the kings of the earth. And, we have a prophecy in Revelation chapter 17:18, where it says this is the city that rules over the kings of the earth. This is the woman that rides the beast, is a city that rules over the kings of the earth. Jerusalem never ruled over the kings of the earth. Jerusalem will not until in fact, it won’t be Jerusalem ; it will be the Messiah on the throne of David who will rule over this earth. There won’t be any kings left at that time. But Rome has been ruling over the kings of the earth. We document that in A Woman Rides the Beast.

    Fran, you obviously believe in Replacement Theology. Are you also a Roman Catholic?

  • Fran

    It’s not called replacement theology in the scriptures just the Israel of God. Galatians Chapter 6.16.

    I am a Baptist. I believe in New Covenant theology. I am not reformed or Catholic.

    The bible describes Israel in Revelation 11:8 And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

    Jesus was crucified in Jerusalem.

  • Fran

    1 Corinthians 10:32 The church of God are the Christians, Jew and Gentile. ‘Giving none offence neither to the Jew nor the Gentile’ refers to the unconverted Jews and Gentiles in the community.

    Rev 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth. This is Jerusalem.

    The Old Covenant ended when Christ was crucified and atoned for our sins. The Old Testament and its binding laws was a shadow of the reality that is Christ. Jesus won’t restore the temple of Jerusalem with all the animal sacrifices because He was the blood sacrifice. When He returns at the Second Coming he will regenerate the earth, Christians will have a resurrected body and unbelievers will be judged by Christ. God’s Heavenly city will come to Earth and God and Christians will reign forever in Paradise. There will be no other judgements.

    Zechariah 12 refers to Israel mourning because they rejected Christ.
    http://www.christnotes.org/commentary.php?com=wes&b=38&c=12

  • Fran,

    The “Israel of God” in Galatians 6:16 does not refer to the church.

    While some believe – like you – that “Israel of God” is the church, the evidence does not support such a notion. The repetition of the preposition “upon” or “to” indicates two separate groups of people. In all of the 65 occurrences of the term “Israel” in the New Testament it always refers to the nation of Israel and not the church. It would have been rather strange for Paul to use “Israel” here to mean Gentile Christians. Furthermore, Paul elsewhere referred to two kinds of Jews (cf. Romans 9:6). Lest it be thought that Paul is anti-Semitic, he demonstrated by means of this benediction his deep love and concern for true Israel, that is Jews (and not Gentiles) who had come to Christ.

    Jerusalem is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt because of the people’s apostasy. Now remember, during the tribulation Jerusalem will be under the rule of Antichrist (the beast that comes from the Abyss. There are countless other places in the Bible where Jerusalem is called the holy city and the city where God placed his Name forevermore. Other names are:

    City of David
    City of Jebus
    Oasis of Justice
    City of the Holy Place
    City of the Great King

    Only once is it called Sodom and Egypt, i.e. during the tribulation under the rule of Antichrist. But then again, the entire world will be under the rule of Antichrist during the tribulation.

  • Fran,

    Zechariah 12 does not only refer to Israel mourning because they rejected Christ. They will mourn over their sins when they see Him whom they have pierced for their sins and consequently be saved when Christ returns at his Second Coming (not the Rapture).

    For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers’ sakes. For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. (Rom 11:25-29).

    The tribulation is primarily the time of Jacob’s Trouble (Israel) when God is again going to open Israel’s eyes – as He had done so many in the past – through persecution and affliction.

    Tell me, who has returned and is still returning to the land of Israel and Jerusalem – the Jews or the church? The church is NOT the anti type of Jerusalem. That’s a load of nonsense. If the church was the anti-type of Jerusalem Jesus should rather have said: “O Church, Church, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.” (Mat 23:37-39). That’s just too ridiculous

    You wrote:

    There will be no other judgements.

    Well you are totally wrong. There are at least two judgments – the Bema throne judgment for believers to determine who is going to receive rewards and crowns and the White Throne judgement where only unbelievers are going to be judged. Believers and unbelievers are NOT going to be judged simultaneously.

  • Fran

    Thomas,

    Israel of God Galatians 6:16 obviously refers to the Christian Church including Jews and Gentiles. Most commentators accept this.

    The Romans 11 passage refers to the Jews becoming Christians after the Gentiles have been saved. It is not about Jews having Old Testament ceremonies and temple sacrifices. That has all finished. (You didn’t actually mention Old Testament laws yourself) Because of the fathers and the prophets God will bring about more Jews to Christ.

    The actual descendants of the Jews in the Middle East is relatively small. Most of the Jews living in Israel are Azkhenazi Jews. They were a people living on the border of Russia and Turkey who converted to Judaism in the Middle Ages. They were the ones who migrated to Israel after WW2 because they had lost their homes in Europe. They are Europeans who embraced Judaism. This is fact. Check the history.

    I realise there is a Bema judgement for Christians and the White Throne Judgement for unbelievers. It wouldn’t happen simultaneously as Christians will be separate from unbelievers. I was talking about the Final Judgement at the Second Coming (White throne judgement) for unbelievers.

    The Tribulation has already occurred in 70 AD when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem and scattered the Jews. Most were killed or sold into slavery. The Christians fled the city and escaped to Pella. Check out the Josephus Home Page for details of the destruction of Jerusalem. Jesus warned the Jews in the gospel of Matthew Chapter 24 of the coming Tribulation. He was talking about an event which was to happen in their lifetime, not an event thousands of years in the future. It would be no comfort for Jesus’ followers if He was referring to events in the distant future. All these things happened within 40 years.

    I didn’t say the church was an anti-type of Jerusalem. God planned the church from creation. The Old Covenant was a shadow of things to come with all its binding laws, Sabbath days, etc. Christ fulfilled the OT laws on the cross. The new covenant is only for Christians. The old testament laws were only for Israel as a nation. The people living in Israel now are mainly non Christians and have turned their back on God. There is a New Covenant. The Old one is obsolete. Read book of Hebrews.

  • Fran,

    This site has proven many times that Replacement Theology is not only a myth but an affront to God and his promises to the nation of Israel. It demeans God and his integrity to make good his promises.

    You wrote:

    The Romans 11 passage refers to the Jews becoming Christians after the Gentiles have been saved. It is not about Jews having Old Testament ceremonies and temple sacrifices. That has all finished. (You didn’t actually mention Old Testament laws yourself) Because of the fathers and the prophets God will bring about more Jews to Christ.

    No one said it is about Jews having Old Testament ceremonies and temple sacrificers. It’s about God’s promises to the Jews as a nation. Nevertheless, since you’ve mentioned it, Paul of Tarsus, after he had been saved, brought sacrifices in the temple. (Acts 21:26). Furthermore, during the literal 1000 years reign of Christ on the earth (which you shun and do not believe) sacrifices are going to be re-instated in the new millennial temple. And before you get uptight, these sacrifices will merely be a reminder of Jesus Christ’s supreme offering on the cross in the same way the sacrifices in the OT looked ahead (forward) to His supreme sacrifice on the cross.

    You wrote:

    The actual descendants of the Jews in the Middle East is relatively small. Most of the Jews living in Israel are Azkhenazi Jews. They were a people living on the border of Russia and Turkey who converted to Judaism in the Middle Ages. They were the ones who migrated to Israel after WW2 because they had lost their homes in Europe. They are Europeans who embraced Judaism. This is fact. Check the history.

    The Tribulation has already occurred in 70 AD when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem and scattered the Jews. Most were killed or sold into slavery. The Christians fled the city and escaped to Pella. Check out the Josephus Home Page for details of the destruction of Jerusalem. Jesus warned the Jews in the gospel of Matthew Chapter 24 of the coming Tribulation. He was talking about an event which was to happen in their lifetime, not an event thousands of years in the future. It would be no comfort for Jesus’ followers if He was referring to events in the distant future. All these things happened within 40 years.

    This is also an infamous myth which degrades and demeans God and his promises to the Jews. Read here. You seem to be of the same cadre than Bob Finley. Hope not.

    You realize there is a Bema Throne judgment but deny there is a Rapture. How does THAT work for you. The Bema Throne judgment and the Rapture go hand in hand because this judgment occurs after the Rapture in heaven.

    You wrote:

    I didn’t say the church was an anti-type of Jerusalem. God planned the church from creation. The Old Covenant was a shadow of things to come with all its binding laws, Sabbath days, etc. Christ fulfilled the OT laws on the cross. The new covenant is only for Christians. The old testament laws were only for Israel as a nation. The people living in Israel now are mainly non Christians and have turned their back on God. There is a New Covenant. The Old one is obsolete. Read book of Hebrews.

    You really do have a small view of God and his promises, don’t you? God only made a New Covenant with Christians? Really?

    Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. (Jer 31:31-34).

    By the way, what do you mean by the term “Christian” – Roman Catholics, Dutch Reformed, Reformed, Mormons, Charismatics, Pentecostals, Baptists etc., etc., etc.?

    I am convinced that you have your eschatology wrong, as wrong as the guys who started Amillennialism. Their leaders were Gaius, Clement of Alexandria, Origen, and Dionysius. Totally practically all conservative expositors regard these men as heretics, not only because they attacked premillennianism, but because they also attacked most orthodox doctrines of the Christian religion.

  • Fran wrote:

    This is from a Jewish website.

    http://www.jewfaq.org/ashkseph.htm

    So, what’s your point? The Jewish site says that both the Ashkenazis and Sephardics are all Jews, from different parts of the world.

  • Fran

    Thomas,

    There is no such thing as replacement theology only the ‘Israel of God’ in the scriptures. Your site has not proved that the ‘Israel of God’ meaning the Christian church (which includes converted Jews and Gentiles) is a myth. You are grasping at straws and your interpretation is wrong.

    Paul didn’t continue with the sacrifices in the temple as he later wrote to the Galatians and accused them of heresy because they practiced circumcision.

    I’ve never heard of Bob Finley but I mentioned that there were many Ashkenazi Jews living in Israel. The website I posted proves that the Ashkenazis were not of the bloodline of those Jews living at the time of Christ. Anyone can convert to Judaism. This has nothing to do with the Jews mentioned in the scriptures.

    I don’t deny believers being caught up to be with God in Heaven at the Second Coming.

    I don’t have a small view of God. Every covenant God made with Israel has been fulfilled. The new covenant is about Christ, not the Jews. The spiritual kingdom of God is now on the earth as the Christian church. Old Israel was a physical kingdom. The Jeremiah quote is a prophecy about Christ and a new covenant.

    The term Christian applies to those who are born-again, who have faith, have repented and accepted Christ their Saviour and received the Holy Spirit. Some of the denominations you mentioned are not Christian but God can save people from any denominational heresy. The true church of Christ is those who are saved regardless of the denomination.

    I sent the Jewish website to prove that the Ashkenazi Jews who live in Israel originally came from Europe. When I mentioned that Ashkenazi Jews originated in Europe in my previous post you got angry and compared me to Bob Finley and said it was an infamous myth.

    You seem more focussed on the Jews than Christians and the gospel. Zionism is a modern day heresy.

  • Fran wrote:

    Paul didn’t continue with the sacrifices in the temple as he later wrote to the Galatians and accused them of heresy because they practiced circumcision.

    Circumcsion is not a sacrifice. Are you denying that Paul brought sacrifices in the temple or is that also just symbolic?

    You wrote:

    I’ve never heard of Bob Finley but I mentioned that there were many Ashkenazi Jews living in Israel. The website I posted proves that the Ashkenazis were not of the bloodline of those Jews living at the time of Christ. Anyone can convert to Judaism. This has nothing to do with the Jews mentioned in the scriptures.

    You are obviously not reading the links I posted. Please read here and here. You seem to love the lie of which Satan is the father (John 8:44).

    You wrote:

    You seem more focussed on the Jews than Christians and the gospel. Zionism is a modern day heresy.

    No, I am not more focused on the Jews but Jesus did say “salvation is of the Jews.” (John 4:22).

    Jesus Himself is a Jew and when you say Zionism (Jewishness) is a heresy you are in fact saying Jesus is a heresy.

    Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.” (Gen 12:1-3).

    If there is no such thing as replacement theology, why do you say the church is the new Isreal? You are contradicting yourself.

  • Fran

    Thomas,

    Paul made a temple sacrifice once, most probably to make the Jewish Christians feel at ease and head off a confrontation. I know circumcision is not a sacrifice. I was making reference to any OT practice which is now discontinued and which Paul disapproved of.

    https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/699-did-paul-sin-in-submitting-to-the-temple-ritual

    I read the 2 links that is why I posted the link from the Jewish website. The Jewish site didn’t mention Ashkenazi DNA.

    I know salvation is of the Jews because Christ was born into a family who were Jews.

    Zionism is a heresy as it is an unbiblical theology. That doesn’t mean Jesus is a heresy because He was a Jew. That’s an illogical argument.

    The term ‘Replacement theology’ was made up by pre-millennial dispensationalists. It is not found in scripture. The Apostle Paul says the church is the Israel of god. Galatians 6: 15,16.

    You continue in contradictory statements and repeat yourself. In answering I have to repeat myself.

  • Fran wrote:

    Paul made a temple sacrifice once, most probably to make the Jewish Christians feel at ease and head off a confrontation. I know circumcision is not a sacrifice. I was making reference to any OT practice which is now discontinued and which Paul disapproved of.

    That’s your problem. You are using examples that are not relevant to the subject of our discussion. Keep to the subject and stop wandering off in things like the circumcision.

    You wrote:

    I read the 2 links that is why I posted the link from the Jewish website. The Jewish site didn’t mention Ashkenazi DNA.

    I know salvation is of the Jews because Christ was born into a family who were Jews.

    Why would you now suddenly rely on a Jewish website when you said “Our duty is to support bible believing Christians first and then unbelievers in mission work.” Now suddenly you want to use some obscure Jewish info on DNA when they don’t even know or believe in Jesus Christ.

    You wrote:

    I know salvation is of the Jews because Christ was born into a family who were Jews.

    Well, if you believe this why do you shun his promises to the Jews with regard to his New Covenant with them in Jeremiah 31:31?

    You wrote:

    Zionism is a heresy as it is an unbiblical theology. That doesn’t mean Jesus is a heresy because He was a Jew. That’s an illogical argument.

    NO it’s not an illogical argument. It is a very sound and believable argument, especially when you take into account what King David wrote about Zion in his prophetic Psalms.

    Psa_2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
    Psa_9:11 Sing praises to the LORD, which dwelleth in Zion: declare among the people his doings.
    Psa_9:14 That I may shew forth all thy praise in the gates of the daughter of Zion: I will rejoice in thy salvation.
    Psa_14:7 Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! when the LORD bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.
    Psa_20:2 Send thee help from the sanctuary, and strengthen thee out of Zion;
    Psa_48:2 Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.
    Psa_48:11 Let mount Zion rejoice, let the daughters of Judah be glad, because of thy judgments.
    Psa_48:12 Walk about Zion, and go round about her: tell the towers thereof.
    Psa_50:2 Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God hath shined.

    King David, whose throne Jesus is going to ascend during the Millennium, (Luke 1:32-33) are both Zionists and you dare say it is heresy?

    You wrote:

    The term ‘Replacement theology’ was made up by pre-millennial dispensationalists. It is not found in scripture. The Apostle Paul says the church is the Israel of god. Galatians 6: 15,16.

    Romans is a perfect treatise against Replacement Theology.

    NO my dear, you are the one who are contradicting yourself again and again.

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

  

  

  

Terms and Conditions for Submission of Comments

Replacement Theology - A Doctrine of Demons

Terms and Conditions:terms and conditions

Because this world is becoming more evil by the minute and Discerning the World is coming under attack more often from people with some very nasty dispositions, we now have ‘Terms and Conditions for Submission of Comments‘ which you need to agree too before you can comment – this is to protect us and you when you comment on this website.  If you are not here to harm Discerning the World and it’s authors, please by all means comment, however if you are here to cause harm in any way, please don’t comment.

The following conditions does not mean that the authors of Discerning The World permit only opinions that are in agreement with us. This also does not mean that we fear dissenting opinions or ideas that are contrary to the beliefs that we hold (and/or that of the revealed Scriptures of the Holy Bible).

The following describes the Terms and Conditions applicable to your use of the “Comments” submission service at the Discerning the World website.

BY CLICKING THE “POST COMMENT” BUTTON FOR YOUR COMMENT, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND ABIDE BY ALL OF THE RULES AND POLICIES SET FORTH HEREIN. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR COMMENT TO DISCERNING THE WORLD WEB SITE.

  1. Discerning the World owns and operates the DiscerningtheWorld.com site (the “Site”). Your use of the features on the Site allowing for submission of a “Comment” is subject to the following terms and conditions (the “Terms”). Discerning the World may modify these Terms at any time without notice to you by posting revised Terms on the Site. Your submission of a “Comment” to the Site following the modification of these Terms shall constitute your binding acceptance of and agreement to be bound by those modified Terms.
  2. By submitting a “Comment” you are accepting these Terms through your clicking of the “POST COMMENT” button.
  3. Discerning the World has the right, but not the obligation, to take any of the following actions, in Discerning the World’s sole unfettered discretion, at any time, and for any reason or no reason, without providing any prior notice:
    1. Restrict, suspend or terminate your ability to submit “Comments,” to the Site;
    2. Change, suspend or modify all or any part of the Site or the features thereof;
    3. Refuse or remove any material posted on, submitted to or communicated through the Site by you;
    4. Deactivate or delete any screen names, profiles or other information associated with you; or
    5. Alter, modify, discontinue or remove any comment off the Site.
  4. You agree that, when using or accessing the Site or any of the features thereof, you will not:
    1. Violate any applicable law or regulation;
    2. Interfere with or damage the Site, through hacking or any other means;
    3. Transmit or introduce to the Site or to other users thereof any viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, flood pings, denial of service attacks, or any other harmful code or processes;
    4. Transmit or submit harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, deceptive, fraudulent, obscene, indecent, vulgar, lewd, violent, hateful or otherwise objectionable content or material;
    5. Transmit or submit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or spam;
    6. Stalk or harass any user or visitor to the Site; or
    7. Use the content or information available on the Site for any improper purpose.
  5. You retain the Copyright of any “Comment” you submit to Discerning the World. By submitting a “Comment” to Discerning the World, you agree to grant Discerning the World a irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual license to use the material or commentary that you have submitted, in any medium and in any manner that Discerning the World may, in its sole unfettered discretion, choose.
  6. By submitting a “Comment” to Discerning the World, you agree to comply with the following rules concerning such submissions:
    1.  You agree not to include in your “Comment”:
      1. Any false, defamatory, libelous, abusive, threatening, racially offensive, sexually explicit, obscene, harmful, vulgar, hateful, illegal, or otherwise objectionable content;
      2. Any content that may be seen as stalking or harassing of any other Site contributors;
      3. Any content that personally attacks an individual. (An example of a personal attack is posting negative comments about an individual in a way meant to demean that person. Note that posting your opinion about someone’s ideas, doctrine or actions is not a personal attack);
      4. Any content that discloses private details concerning any person, for eg., phone numbers that have not been made public, photos that are not in the public domain, residential address that is not public, ID numbers, Social Security numbers, email addresses that are not in the public domain, etc.;
      5. Any content that you know to be false, misleading, or fraudulent;
      6. Any use of profanity;
      7. Any content including advertisements or otherwise focused on the promotion of commercial events or businesses, or any request for or solicitation of money, goods, or services for private gain;
      8. Any content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
      9. Any content directly or indirectly soliciting responses from minors (defined as anyone under 18 years of age).
  7. FAIR USE NOTICE:
    1. If any part of the “Comment” is not your original work, it is your responsibility to add the name of the third party, name the book with page number or a link (url) to the website where you obtained the information.
    2. Your “Comment” may contain Copyrighted material, the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. You are however allowed to make such material available in your “Comment” in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc.  This constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this Site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to:http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.
    3. If you wish to use copyrighted material from a website or any other medium for purposes to add to your “Comment” that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. (Fair Use means you may quote from copyrighted sources, but you may not publish the whole article, book, etc., in your “Comment”.)
  8. You are solely responsible for the “Comment” you upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available to others using this Web Site. Under no circumstances will Discerning the World be liable in any way for any “Comment” posted on or made available through this Site by you or any third party.
  9. You understand that all “Comments” on this Site are pre-screened or moderated. That means that every “Comment” needs to be approved by Discerning the World before it appears in the “Comments” section.  This is not an automatic process.  Discerning the World does this for SPAM reasons.
  10. Discerning the World has the right (but not the obligation) in their sole unfettered discretion to remove any “Comment” that is posted on or available through the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, Discerning the World has the right to remove any “Comment” that violates these Terms or is otherwise deemed objectionable by Discerning the World in its sole discretion.
  11. You understand that Discerning the World in their sole unfettered discretion is not obligated and can not be forced in any manner, be it legal or otherwise to remove any “Comment” that is posted on or made available through the Site by you.
  12. When submitting a “Comment,” you will be asked to provide your name and your email address. While Discerning the World does not object to your use of a pseudonym instead of your actual name, Discerning the World reserves the right, but not the obligation, to reject, change, disallow, or discontinue at any time any submission name that, in Discerning the World’s sole unfettered discretion, is objectionable or inappropriate for any reason. Discerning the World requires the submission of your email address, but Discerning the World warrants that it will not publish your email address to an outside third party without your consent.
  13. Discerning the World does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. From time to time, Discerning the World may contact you personally via email. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge and understand that the “Comments” feature of the Site is designed to permit users to post information and commentary for public review and comment and thus you hereby waive any expectation of privacy you may have concerning any likeness or information provided to the Site by you.
  14. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of or visitors to the Site.
    1. Discerning the World shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor interactions utilizing the “Comments” facility of the Site, between you and other users of or visitors to the Site. You acknowledge and agree that Discerning the World, or any third party shall not be, and you shall not seek to hold them, responsible for any harm or damage whatsoever arising in connection with your interaction with other users of or visitors to the Site.
    2. Discerning the World does not verify any information posted to or communicated via the “Comments” sections of the Site by users and does not guarantee the proper use of such information by any party who may have access to the information. You acknowledge and agree that Discerning the World does not assume, and shall not have, any responsibility for the content of messages or other communications sent or received by users of the Site.
  15. The Site contains content created by or on behalf of Discerning the World as well as content provided by third parties.
    1. Discerning the World does not control, and makes no representations or warranties about, any third party content, including such content that may be accessible directly on the Site or through links from the Site to third party sites.
    2. You acknowledge that, by viewing the Site or communications transmitted through the Site, you may be exposed to third party content that is false, offensive or otherwise objectionable to you or others, and you agree that under no circumstances shall Discerning the World be liable in any way, under any theory, for any third party content.
    3. You acknowledge and agree that the Site, and the contents thereof, is proprietary to Discerning the World and is protected by copyright. You agree that you will not access or use the Site or any of the content thereof for any reason or purpose other than your personal, non-commercial use.
    4. You agree that you will not systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site by any means, and you will not compile a database or directory of information extracted from the Site.
    5. You agree that you will not reproduce, distribute or make derivative works of the Site or any of the contents thereof without the express consent of Discerning the World.
    6. You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Discerning the World, its affiliates and licensees, and all of their officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from and against any and all liabilities, losses, claims, damages, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) in connection with any claim arising out of your use of the Site or violation of any of these Terms.

DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.

  • YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER DISCERNING THE WORLD, ITS AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE.
  • THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMLPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
  • THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF OR USE, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT DISCERNING THE WORLD SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF USERS OF THE SITE OR THIRD PARTIES, AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH THE YOU THE COMMENTER.
  • IN NO EVENT WILL DISCERNING THE WORLD, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF THEY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING FROM, RELATING TO OR CONNECTED WITH THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR ANY OTHER MATTER ARISING FROM, RELATING TO OR CONNECTED WITH THE SITE OR THESE TERMS.

16. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Discerning the World and you with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede any previous oral or written agreement between us with respect to such subject matter.

Thank you!