Jesus Christ is our Sabbath Rest

Jesus Christ is our Sabbath RestJesus is Our Sabbath

Jesus says in Matthew 11:28 “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Jesus is ‘Lord of the Sabbath day’ (Matthew 12:8). You see Jesus came to seek and save lost sheep who would hear His voice (John 10:3, 27) so when the Pharisees criticized Him for healing a man on a Sabbath day, Jesus reminded them, that they would not think twice to pull a sheep out of a pit on a Sabbath day.  Because Jesus created the Sabbath day he He could break the Sabbath rules and change them permanently.

So Jesus informed the Pharisees that people are more important than sheep and the salvation He provided was more important than rules. We now enter into the Sabbath rest He provided by paying for our sins.  Mark 2:27  “And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:”  Jesus came to relieve us from our attempt at achieving salvation by our works. We no longer rest for only one day, but ceace forever our at working to obtain God’s favour.   Jesus is our Sabbath, He is our rest now, He is our rest from works forever.

Do not reject God’s Sabbath through Jesus Christ.  There is no rest outside Jesus Christ, and no works can satisfy or provide relief.

Hebrews 4:9-11 “There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.”

Sabbath Keepers exposed!

According to a Seventh-Day Adventist website, in an article titled, “What does the Sabbath have to do with salvation?”, by Erwin R. Gane…

“The Bible teaches that those who receive the gift of Christ’s character will observe His Sabbath as a sign or seal of their spiritual experience. Thus the people who receive the last-day seal of God will be Sabbath-keepers.” [Emphasis added] —http://www.sabbathfellowship.org/biblestudies/erwingane/biblestudy_gane_sabbathsalv.htm

Blasphemy!  According to Mr. Gane, keeping the Sabbath is evidence of salvation, just as Charismatics/Pentecostals teach that speaking-in-tongues is the initial evidence of being born again.  BOTH of these doctrines are lies of the Devil.  Sabbath Keepers are false prophets!

Erwin Gane further states…

“There is not the slightest hint in the New Testament that the Sabbath was changed or abolished.”  —http://www.sabbathfellowship.org/biblestudies/erwingane/biblestudy_gane_sabbathsalv.htm

WRONG!  This is evidenced by Hebrews 4:2-4, which state…

“For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.”

This passage of Scripture clearly evidences the fact that the Sabbath Day was only symbolic of a person’s faith (i.e., solely resting) in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins.  Mankind attempted to work his way to Heaven through self-righteousness, but he utterly failed (Romans 3:19; James 2:10).  This is represented by man working 6-days prior to the Sabbath Day.  Today, Jesus is our Sabbath, i.e., He is the fulfillment of what the Sabbath Day symbolized.  In Christ we rest for salvationColossians 2:16,17 state, “…or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come…”  A shadow is only cast when the sun is afar off in the distance.  Once the sun rises overhead, the shadow vanishes away.  Hence, when Jesus Christ fulfilled His earthly mission, He took the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross (Colossians 2:14).  There is NO Sabbath Day today.  It was nailed to the cross.  Jesus has become our Sabbath, and in Him alone we rest for our salvation. See conclusion below.

Sabbath Keepers Pervert the Scriptures and Worship the Sabbath

Erwin Gane further states…

“When we have true faith in Christ, we will not argue about whether it is convenient to keep holy His Sabbath day. We will do it because Jesus asks us to. Our Sabbath keeping will be the result and the evidence of our faith in Him. We will observe the Sabbath day as a memorial of creation ad a sign of Christ’s work of sanctification in our hearts. Sabbath keeping will be not only a sign of Christ’s work for us, but also an observance that strengthens our relationship with Him. It will be a vital part of our Christian walk and a tremendous blessing to us as we prepare for the seal of God and an eternity with our Lord.”  —http://www.sabbathfellowship.org/biblestudies/erwingane/biblestudy_gane_sabbathsalv.htm

Sabbath Keepers are idolaters, worshipping the creature more than the Creator.  You’d think nothing else mattered in life except the Sabbath Day from listening to these people.  What did God say in Colossians 2:16, “Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days…”  God said not to become misguided by false prophets who would try to lead us away from Christ.  Carefully read,

Colossians 2:18,19… “Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshiping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.”

The Scriptures are very clear, only Jesus Christ is to be worshipped!  Catholics worship Mary.  Charismatics worship speaking-in-tongues and the ‘experience’.  Sabbath-Keepers worship the Sabbath.  Televangelists worship money.  Christians are commanded to worship the Lord!  Sabbath Keepers are “vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, And not holding the Head…” (Colossians 2:18,19).

Misguided Worship and the Cults

So many false religions are started because people get sidetracked from the main issue–Jesus Christ Himself.  One group is off worshipping Mary.  Another group is off worshipping Water Baptism.  Still yet another group is off worshipping the Lord’s Supper.  And now we have the Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA’s) and those in in the Hebrew Roots movement off worshiping the Sabbath.  Nothing is more dear to the Catholic than Mary.  Nothing is more dear to the Lutheran and Baptist than ‘water baptism’.  Nothing is more dear to the Pentecostal than speaking-in-tongues.  And nothing is more dear to SDA’s and Sabbatarians than the Sabbath.  Truly, nothing should be any more precious to the believer than Jesus Christ Himself, “Unto you therefore which believe he is precious…” (1st Peter 2:7).

The Bible never speaks of the Sabbath as being “precious”; but, 1 Peter 2:7 calls Jesus Christ precious!  We also read in the Scriptures about the “precious blood of Christ” in”

1st Peter 1:18,19… “Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.”

From the blood sacrifice of Abel, to the saints washed in the blood of the Lamb in Revelation 7:14, the Word of God centers around the blood of Jesus Christ.  Yet, Catholics think Mary is precious, when the Bible does not say so.  SDA’s think the Sabbath is precious, but the Bible does not say so.  Charismatics think speaking-in-tongues is precious, but the Bible never says that.  What is precious to you?  If you are a genuine child of God, then Jesus Christ and the blood He shed for your sins and mine ought to be the dearest and most precious things in your life.

The doctrine of Sabbath Keeping, as evidence of salvation, is false.  The Apostle John said in

1st John 5:13… “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God;that ye may KNOW that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”

Interestingly, John never mentions The Sabbath.  If observing the Sabbath were any type of evidence of being saved, then surely John would have mentioned it, because the entire reason he wrote 1st John was to help believers know they are saved.  Do you see how quickly false doctrines and cults are exposed when we shine the Light of God’s Holy Word upon them?  This is why Jesus said in John 5:39… search the scriptures!

Conclusion:

To end with an excellent comment by one of our regular commentators Koko who said;

“here are two rests in the bible 1.) The first is the true rest that all believers (Jews and Gentiles) enter into when you become born again i.e. resting/ceasing from our works as a means of obtaining salvation. The book of Hebrews covers this topic 2.) The second is the Sabbath rest included in the ten commandments given to Moses. This as we can see clearly from Exodus 31: 15-18, was incorporated solely for the Jewish nation. It was strictly a sign between them and God. As believers Jesus is our rest. We can also worship on any day we choose. Please note though that all believers are already worshiping God all the time anyway in spirit and in truth. This is by virtue of being indwelt by the Holy Spirit. But we can and do put time aside to pray, study Gods word, worship God etc on any day(s) we so desire. We can also decide to take one day out or any number of days out to rest. Makes sense for health reasons. That’s also why you generally don’t go to work Saturday and Sunday.”

The Bible is very clear on the matter, Galatians says:

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. (Gal 3:24-25)

Those who again place themselves under a schoolmaster (Jew and Gentile) by trying to uphold the Law, including the Sabbath, are actually denying the fact that Jesus Christ has already fulfilled the Law, including the Sabbath (Matthew 5:17-20).

Deborah (Discerning the World)

Deborah Ellish is the author of the above article. Discerning the World is an internet Christian Ministry based in Johannesburg South Africa. Tom Lessing and Deborah Ellish both own Discerning the World. For more information see the About this Website page below the comments section.

64 Responses

  1. Hallelujah! Jesus IS our Sabbath Rest. That’s why He said “I AM” meaning “I AM” everything you will ever need.

  2. Deborah (Discerning the World) says:

    :) It’s wonderful to know this GOOD NEWS. I pray that many who read this learn the truth and listen to the Holy Spirit’s warning in their life and change their ways.

    Jesus Christ is ALL WE NEED!!! When we add to Him, or try take away from Him, we actually curse ourselves as we place ourselves under law.

  3. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. (Psa 73:25)

  4. Sharon says:

    Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
    Matthew 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light

    May we all find our rest in King Jesus!

  5. Pieter van der Walt says:

    Baie dankiew vir hierdie artikel oor die Sabbatdag. Ek het baie hieroor geworstel en gebid om te weet watter dag sal dan nou die regte dag wees vir Sabat aanbidding: Sondag of Saterdag.Maar nou kan ek se:’Die lig het vir my op gegaan”
    Baie dankie

  6. Deborah (Discerning the World) says:

    Dear Pieter

    I am so happy for you :)

  7. Pieter says:

    Thank you Deborah. I grew up in the Dopper churh but have long time ago questioned the doctrines.
    I live in Taiwan now for 13 years and I have a Bible study class at the church and I praise Jesus that He guides me to teach the truth to them from the Bible, but it was always the Sabbath Day that worried me but as I’ve said I’v found peace after reading this article.
    Thanks also for all the other topic and information.
    May God bless You everyday and guide.

  8. edddycs says:

    Morning Debbie.
    I would think a teaching on ” do not forsake the gathering of the saints” would also be appropriate to this as this verse is the foundation that is used to enslave believers to “go to church” ,in my belief if you are a believer you are a stone in the living church …so you cannot by definition “go to church” you are either in the church or you’r not and Only Christ knows who are all the members as He is the cornerstone the “Rock”……

  9. Deborah (Discerning the World) says:

    Hi Edddycs

    I was actually thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were and here you pop up, fantastic to see you are still ok :)

    Regarding your request – I will see what I can do.

  10. edddycs says:

    Haaha really Well I am gob smacked that you would be thinking of me but thanks and i am loitering.
    The Lord warns us that satan is a deceiver,he is a master at the task,the need to stay well and truly within the righteous walk is a daily challenge of note- I got caught in the Saturday trap for a short while, I tell you if you drop your guard even for a moment you can find yourself running down a rabbit hole …must stay in the word …must stay in the word ;Thanks for the compliment

  11. Deborah (Discerning the World) says:

    Eddyca

    Well, believe it our not, I think of most of the people who comment on this website, who had something worthwhile to say, excluding the ones who attack me lol, so when they disappear, they are not gone from my memory. I will over time think of this person and that person and wonder how they are doing and pray that they are still on the straight and narrow :)

  12. Sheugnet says:

    We must remember that the ‘sabbath days’ referred to in Col.2 is not the Sabbath Day as in the 10 commandments. If I do not have to keep the Sabbath Day, then most probably it would be ok to dishonour my parents and commit murder? Think about it; Jesus said,’If you love me, keep My commandments.’ These commandments are not the ceremonial commandments which were cancelled by Christs death on the cross, but commandments given by which to live, in other words, laws with a practical every day application.

  13. The problem with the SDA’s keeping of the Sabbath Day as a commandment is that they believe your’e lost when you don’t keep it. Sabbath keeping is a works orientated gospel that cannot save.

  14. Louise says:

    Om die Sabbat te hou is soos om gedoop te word, dit word fisies en geestelik gedoen. As ek myself laat doop is dit ‘n stap in geloof wat ek vat en ek is besig om gehoorsaam aan God te wees, maar ek moet nogsteeds met die Heilige Gees gedoop word. Die een kan nie sonder die ander een nie. Dieselfde met die Sabbat, as ek die Sabbat hou dan vat ek ‘n stap in geloof vir die Here, maar deur die Sabbat te hou en my hart is nie reg nie gaan dit heeltemal nutteloos wees. Maar die een het ook die ander een nodig, nes die doping. As jy jouself laat doop is dit ook jou stukkie van bewyse aan mense dat jy ‘n verandering maak en ‘n pad saam met God gaan stap, dieselfde deur die Sabbat te hou, jy wys aan mense dat jy vir God wil lewe en wys vir God dat jy Sy gebooie wil gehoorsaam, al 10 is van toepassing nie net 8 of 9 nie.

  15. Louise,

    Waar is die een dief wat langs Jesus gekruisig is en berou gehad het oor sy sondes – in die hemel of die hel? Wat het hom gered – sy gehoorsaamheid om die Sabbat te onderhou of sy doop deur onderdompeling of albei? Ek kan jou verskeker daar gaan baie sg Christene wees wat die Sabbat onderhou en ook gedoop is wat hulle oë in die hel gaan oopmaak.

  16. Louis,

    Sou jy sê jy’s vervloek? Sjoe, maar dis darem arrogant om iemand so ‘n vraag te vrae nê?

    Want almal wat uit die werke van die wet is, is onder die vloek; want daar is geskrywe: Vervloek is elkeen wat nie bly in alles wat geskryf is in die boek van die wet om dit te doen nie. (Gal 3:10)

    Onderhou en doen jy alles wat die wet jou beveel? As jy dit nie doen nie, is jy vervloek. As jy dit wel doen, het jy Jesus nie nodig nie. Wat kies jy?”

  17. Edmund says:

    I keep the sabbath because I read the Bible. Jesus said, “If you love Me keep my commandments.” It does not say If you love me keep the ordinances set up to be symbolic of the sacrifice. The Ten commandments has got nothing to do with your personal salvation, it has everything to do with the condemnation of your soul on a personal level only. But lets forget about me personally and my personal salvation and lets see the bigger picture.
    Jesus said, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” I am going to ask a question and then I am going to answer it. Q: What is a kingdom? A kingdom cannot exist without a king. Very important element for the substance of a kingdom. A kingdom cannot exist without a law. Because then you would have general chaos and or anarchy. (1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.) A kingdom cannot exist without a people. Call them what you will. The church, the jews, christians. There has to be some group of people who submit to the authority of this kingdom. A kingdom cannot exist without an area. Should it be in the spirit or on solid ground is irrelevant because as long as you have a thinking mind you choose whom you serve. Yourself/Satan or God/Jesus.

    Now I find myself liberated in my salvation through the blood of Jesus the Christ and my zeal drives me to be different from the world and I find that there are elements attacking good old fashioned christian standards like (Dont kill babies, Marry a good christian woman, Don’t give false testimony against your brother, Love the Lord your God with all your heart.)

    If you love Me keep my commandments. The same God who appeared before Isreal on the mountain is the same God who walked among His people and died.

    His commandments will I keep not for salvation, I already got that, but for LOVE.

  18. Edmund

    You are free to keep any day as the Sabbath.

    One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. (Rom 14:5-6)

    The problem arises when someone tells you you MUST keep Saturday as your Sabbath because if you don’t you are lost.

    Are you an SDA? If you are, you don’t need to worry about breaking the Sabbath commandment because the SDA church does not believe in the existence of a literal hell.

  19. Edmund says:

    Thomas
    You miss the point. Forget about the SDA and their doctrine.
    If there is a king and he makes a law and I want to honour him. Should I do what he said or not?

  20. Sharon says:

    Since I always have loose change around here’s by 2cents worth. I read some articles on the internet about Seventh Day Adventists and even Seventh Day Baptists. But here is what scripture says concerning the Sabbath Day and it’s purpose.

    Exodus 31:16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
    Exodus 31:17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

    The Sabbath, started by God, was for a “day of rest” and it is a sign of the perpetual (continuing) covenant between God Almighty and the Israel.

    Then there are some Christians of the true sort that believe you should not work on a Sunday or go out to eat at a restaurant after church on a Sunday. If that works for them then fine. I just hope none of them have a medical emergency on a Sunday and expect the doctors and nurses to be working. Or if they are a victim of a crime on a Sunday surely they wouldn’t expect a police office to come to their aid.

    See we as Christians can get caught up is silly forms of legalism…it makes us feel so religious don’t ya know.

    This is how my dad used to act as it pertained to himself only. If his boss asked for volunteers to work on a Sunday he didn’t volunteer. But if his boss said, you will have to work this Sunday he did. It was more about resting than it was about keeping the Sabbath since Sunday is not the Sabbath Jewish or otherwise.

    But if you wish to observe it then fine.

  21. Sharon says:

    I found this article this evening while surfing the web.

    Baptist History Homepage

    Why it is Right to Keep Sunday and Wrong to Keep Saturday
    By Clarence Walker

    Scriptures revealing that Seventh Day Sabbath (Saturday) Abolished by the Cross
    The Lord’s Day (Sunday) Established by the Resurrected Christ

    “For if Joshua had given them rest, he would have afterwards spoken of another day. THERE REMAINETH THEREFORE A SABBATH-KEEPING FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD. For he (Christ) that is entered into his (Christ’s) rest hath also rested from his (Christ’s) works, as God did from his. Let us give diligence to enter into that rest.” (Hebrews 4:8-11 R.V.)

    “CHRIST HIMSELF MADE THE CHANGE”

    1. Notice carefully “There remaineth therefore a Sabbath keeping to the people of God.” (Hebrews 4:9.) In this fourth chapter of Hebrews the word “rest” occurs many tunes. However in the ninth verse the proper translation is “Sabbath Keeping” and not “rest” as in the King James version. Because of this odd translation in the King James version the truth revealed in Hebrews 4:8-11 has not had the place in the hearts of God’s people it ought to have.
    2. The revelation is that God did create the world and when He had finished it on the seventh day rested from His works. To commemorate His finished work of creation God established the seventh day Sabbath.

    3. But when Christ came and finished the greater work of redemption by His resurrection from the dead, He too, entered into His rest and rested from His works, as God did rest from His works. Therefore “another day” is spoken of The first day of the week the day Christ entered into His rest. “There remaineth therefore a Sabbath-Keeping for the people of God.”

    4. It was indeed a dark day when Jesus lay in the tomb. His enemies said in triumph, “The deceiver is dead.” Even His disciples said, “We had trusted that this was He that would deliver Israel.”

    Oh, that dark day the last Seventh Day Sabbath.

    But thank God, the morning came. It is the dawn of the first day of the week. Hear the shouts of Divine Grace as the cry of completed redemption, bursting the bonds of death, Hell and the grave ring out.

    HE IS RISEN! HE IS RISEN, INDEED!

    The work of the Redeemer is finished, completed and because it is done “This man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins, forever, sat down on the right hand of God.” (Hebrews 10:12.)

    He “sat down” because “He entered His rest” He hath also rested from His works as God did from His. He had me everything it takes to save a lost soul.

    5. YOU SEE why He changed the Sabbath from the seventh day to the first day of the week. You see why the disciples met on the first day of the week. You see – how His death and resurrection terminated the old covenant and made a change in the weekly Sabbath as it did in the priesthood. (Hebrews 7:12.) You see – that after His resurrection He spent forty days on earth during which time we find Him keeping the first day of the week. You see why it is written on the Second Lord’s Day “And after eight days” . . . John 20:26. You see why Paul commanded, “Let every one of you lay by him in store (bring your offering) on the first day of the week” (1st Corinthians 16:2). You see why the Apostle John said, “I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day.” You see why it right to keep Sunday, the first day of the week, as the Christian’s Sabbath.

    6. Keepers of the Seventh Day Sabbath are rejecters of the finished work of the Lord Jesus as Sin bearer and Redeemer. They have never seen “Christ as the end of the law to everyone that believeth.” (Romans 10:4.) They do not understand that “the law was given by Moses but that Grace and Truth came by Jesus Christ.” Nor do they know “that the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ.” (Galatians 3:24.) Rather “how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements (the law), whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? Ye observe days, and months and times and years. I am afraid of you.” (Galatians 4:9-11.) See how wrong it is to keep the Seventh Day Sabbath you deny Hebrews 4:8-11. See it was of such folk that Paul wrote, “Ye are fallen from Grace.” (Galatians 5:4.) He didn’t mean that they had been saved then lost – but they had stopped preaching Salvation by Grace alone and gone to preaching Salvation by works or laws and grace. This is what the Seventh Day Adventists do today.

    7. You see that Sunday observance did not originate with Constantine or the Roman Catholics. It started with the Lord Jesus Christ. That is why, Barnabas wrote, “We celebrate with joy the eighth day on which Jesus arose from the dead and having manifested himself, ascended into Heaven.”

    8. Last but not least “Let us give diligence to enter into that rest.” The Lord Jesus said, “Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest.” To be able to give you that rest from your sins and lost condition He had not only to meet the penalty of Divine Justice for you but must give you a perfect holiness to enjoy fellowship with God. This He did for you. Thank God He did the work. He came, died for your sins, was buried and arose the third day. If you will receive Him believe what He has done for you, you will enter into His rest. Believe now.

    [From the Ashland Avenue Baptist paper, (reprint) April 7, 1972, pp. 1 & 3. – Document provided by Donnie Burford. Scanned by Jim Duvall.]

  22. Edmund

    Thomas
    You miss the point. Forget about the SDA and their doctrine.
    If there is a king and he makes a law and I want to honour him. Should I do what he said or not?

    What’s the use in feigning obedience to the King when you you say “Jews suck?” Jesus Christ was born a Jew. He also said salvation is of the Jews. What you are saying in effect is that HIS salvation which is of the Jews because He Himself was a Jew, sucks. You are blaspheming and I suggest you do it somewhere else, perhaps a site where they display the swastika openly (a Hindu occult symbol used by Hitler and his).

  23. harry says:

    The Old Testament SABBATH was a CEREMONIAL LAW, which pictured Jesus Christ, in whom we rest for the salvation of our souls. This is evidenced by Hebrews 4:2-4, which state… – See more at: http://www.discerningtheworld.com/2013/07/07/jesus-christ-is-our-sabbath-rest/#sthash.BNY8oswU.dpuf

    you guys do not know the difference between ceremonial law and the LAW.
    The Sabbath is the Commandment and is part of the TEN COMMMANDMENTS is NOT a Ceremonial law.
    Strange how you guys can apply that the law that was nailed to the cross yet on the other hand you use the same “nailed law” that we are free from to dictate that something is a sin or go against the word of GOD Most High.
    The Ten Commandments were never cancelled neither was is changed or made Ceremonial.
    really read the Bible propperly!

  24. harry

    Of course the Law was never cancelled. Jesus fulfilled it to the letter. In Him God sees his saints as saved sinners who’s fulfilled the Law. So why do you still need to keep a ceremonial Law that has already been fulfilled in Jesus? Anyone who feels compelled to keep a ceremonial Law is actually saying to Jesus: “You’ve done a lousy job. Step aside and let met do it myself.” The same applies to those who believe a saint can lose his salvation. They too say: “You saved me but you’ve only done half the job. Step aside and let me maintain and consummate my final salvation myself.”

  25. Deborah (Discerning the World) says:

    harry

    Jesus Christ came to fulfill the law that is now written in your heart is it not?

    “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord, I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them,” Hebrews 10:16.

    Jesus Christ was the Sabbath in OT – thereby keeping law

    Jesus Christ is Sabbath in NT – He is in your heart and He gives you rest

    But if you want to keep a day as a sabbath go ahead, I am not to judge you, but don’t judge me for wanting Jesus to gives me my rest.

  26. Reinhardt says:

    [delete]

  27. Reinhardt says:

    @Deborah: HOLY SPIRIT revealed to me this morning that with my previous comment, i judged you and your website. I would like to ask your forgiveness for that. Be Blessed in the name of JESUS CHRIST of Nazareth.

  28. Deborah (Discerning the World) says:

    Dear Reinhardt

    You are forgiven Reinhardt. Not to worry anymore :)

  29. harry says:

    you guys are getting good at twisting a persons words.
    i do not have a problem with the fact that the law is written in our hearts.
    yet the Ten commandsments are still standing yet from the mouth of Jesus that not one yot or tittle will pass from the law.
    Keeping the Sabbath is not wrong yet i try to show the difference between the cermonial laws (liviticus) and the Ten Commandments.
    Example- we do not have to sacrifice animal for repentance of sin. since Jesus became the ultimate sacrifice for sins. The sacrifice was a cermonial law.
    The Ten Commandments was NOT and is not cermonial law.
    I do not keep cermonial law but we must all keep the Ten commandments.
    many of the ceremonial laws were wrtten to keep the nation of Israel in line, like good hygene and by not eating pork you cannot get sick from the meat, or by not drinking milk with meat is to keep away the heartburn. This is part of the livitical laws.
    There is a clear and distinctive difference between the Ceremonial laws and the TEN COMMANDMENTS. Revelations say Blessed is he that Keepeth the Commandments.
    If we are children of God then we must keep His commandments, not the ceremonial laws.

  30. harry wrote:

    you guys are getting good at twisting a persons words.
    i do not have a problem with the fact that the law is written in our hearts.
    yet the Ten commandsments are still standing yet from the mouth of Jesus that not one yot or tittle will pass from the law.
    Keeping the Sabbath is not wrong yet i try to show the difference between the cermonial laws (liviticus) and the Ten Commandments.
    Example- we do not have to sacrifice animal for repentance of sin. since Jesus became the ultimate sacrifice for sins. The sacrifice was a cermonial law.
    The Ten Commandments was NOT and is not cermonial law.
    I do not keep cermonial law but we must all keep the Ten commandments.
    many of the ceremonial laws were wrtten to keep the nation of Israel in line, like good hygene and by not eating pork you cannot get sick from the meat, or by not drinking milk with meat is to keep away the heartburn. This is part of the livitical laws.
    There is a clear and distinctive difference between the Ceremonial laws and the TEN COMMANDMENTS. Revelations say Blessed is he that Keepeth the Commandments.
    If we are children of God then we must keep His commandments, not the ceremonial laws.

    Do you believe that the keeping of the Ten Commandments is necessary for your salvation? What’s the use in keeping the Sabbath (one law) when you do not keep the rest? Wouldn’t you say that you are cursed?

    For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.” (Gal 3:10)

    Where does Revelations say “Blessed is he that Keepeth the Commandments?”

  31. Deborah (Discerning the World) says:

    harry

    You are right, the 10 commandments were not nailed to the cross, I am very sorry, I will change the article.

  32. Deborah (Discerning the World) says:

    Harry

    You are right, I went to do more research on this and ceremonial laws are not part of the 10 commandments. I am sorry, I have changed the article. HOWEVER, Jesus Christ is still our Sabbath rest. :)

  33. David g says:

    Honor the Sabbath day and keep it holy is a ten commandment. Christ honored the Sabbath on earth . Their are scriptures that state we will honor the Sabbath together in Heaven. I’m not convinced on this issue yet. How many other ten commandments can I disregard?

  34. Deborah (Discerning the World) says:

    David g

    No one disregards any one of the 10 commandments. Jesus WHO IS IN YOU is your sabbath rest, you don’t need to work and keep a day holy for your rest and you for your salvation.

    >> Christ honored the Sabbath on earth

    He also broke the Sabbath on earth…

    Tell me, is resting in Jesus Christ daily better or worse than physically resting on a specific day?

  35. Craig says:

    Deborah (Discerning the World) wrote:

    :) It’s wonderful to know this GOOD NEWS. I pray that many who read this learn the truth and listen to the Holy Spirit’s warning in their life and change their ways.

    Jesus Christ is ALL WE NEED!!! When we add to Him, or try take away from Him, we actually curse ourselves as we place ourselves under law.

    Hi Deborah, I have noticed there are more than a few churches calling themselves the Church of God, 7th Day. There’s even a 7th Day Baptist church. They claim that they are mentioned in the Book of Revelation and are the modern-day equivalent of the 1st century Pergamum Church of Asia Minor.

  36. Hi Craig :hi:

    Thank you for that info. I didn’t realise. So I went to do a quick investigation: Church of God 7th Day

  37. Craig says:

    Deborah (Discerning the World) wrote:

    harry

    You are right, the 10 commandments were not nailed to the cross, I am very sorry, I will change the article.

    Hi Deborah. I am still confused as to whether the 10 commandments were nailed to the cross or not. For every web site that says no, there’s plenty more that says yes.

    The 10 Commandments were given to the Nation of Israel, not to Gentiles. Therefore, where does the Scriptures teach in the NT that we are to keep them? I don’t find the apostle Paul teaching it.

  38. Hi Craig

    So God says in the New Testament, “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;” (Hebrews 10:16).

    We hear the Holy Spirit say to us: “And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.” (Isaiah 30:21) The Holy Spirit tell us we are sinning and need to come to Jesus Christ and repent. So instead of following 10 commandments on tablets, it’s ingrained in our hearts. And the Holy Spirit keeps us in check. We don’t have laws on paper, we have the Word of God and the Holy Spirit in us. (2Cor 3:6)

    Just to clarify, in Hebrews 10:16 God is speaking to the nation of Israel, but this implies to every born again Christian, as we have a New Covenant with God through Jesus Christ and his sacrifice on the cross.

    New Covenant for Israel: (Jeremiah 31:31-34; Heb 8:8-12). New Covenant for the Church (Luke 22:20; 2Cor 3:6) – Law is written into all our hearts (Jew and Gentile alike when you are born again).

      Hebrews 10:1 “For the law possesses a shadow of the good things to come but not the reality itself, and is therefore completely unable, by the same sacrifices offered continually, year after year, to perfect those who come to worship.”

      Hebrews 10:14 “For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.”

  39. Hi Craig

    Before I confuse you and myself some more :dazed: …I said in an earlier comment to Harry “You are right, the 10 commandments were not nailed to the cross, I am very sorry, I will change the article.”

      Colossians 2:14-16 ” 14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;”

    I have changed my seating position in the peanut gallery from No back to a resounding Yes. :up: The 10 commandments were indeed nailed to the cross. The 10 commandments are called and included in “Statutes, Ordinances and Decrees” For instance; in Ephesians 2:15 ‘Ordinances’ refers to the whole of the Old Covenant law including the 10 commandments
    See this article: http://www.bible.ca/7-10-commandments-called-statutes-ordinances.htm

  40. Olga says:

    I prayed about sabbath and God gave me Hebrews chapter 3 and 4. Is in the book of Isaiah Hebrews were ashamed of unbelief just like in these chapters we are told that we are accused of unbelief if we dont keep sabbath. Please read both chapters and pray on them.

    and that is true that we shouldnt judge others if they keep sabbath. So, as a former new ager who truly appreciates your work on the awesome chart on kundalini vs holy spirit and all your resources used regularly to help people get out of the occult, I am asking to remove the sentence in the article saying that sabbath keepers are idolaters.

    In lieu of the article you gave about statues and ordinances and how Jesus supposedly nailed them to the cross, please consider the word commandments mentioned in NT.

    Luke 1:6 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
    And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

    1 John 2:3 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
    And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

    1 John 2:4 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
    He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

    1 John 3:22 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
    And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

    1 John 3:24 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
    And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

    1 John 5:2 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
    By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

    1 John 5:3 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
    For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

    2 John 1:6 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
    And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

    Revelation 12:17 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
    And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

    Revelation 14:12 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
    Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

    Revelation 22:14 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
    Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

  41. Dear Olga

    I mean this with all the love I can muster…

    Are you Jewish? The Epistle to the Hebrews, or Letter to the Hebrews as it’s called was for the Jewish Christians. The book of Hebrews is to tell you not to uphold the Sabbath, but to leave the law behind. And to tell Jews to NOT hold others to keep the Sabbath. You are doing what Paul told the Jews not to do.

    You tell us we must not judge you for upholding the Sabbath and then you go on to tell us through your scripture you quoted that because we don’t uphold the Sabbath we are not keeping God’s commandments and will never see heaven. Really? I think not Olga.

    I am really happy you have come out of the New age, now come out of this bondage you are under. I am sure you are saved, you just have a few things like keeping ordinances that were NAILED to the cross as law. You either believe by faith, or you are under the law which is a curse. If you uphold the law over Jesus Christ, that is idolatry whether you like it or not.

    The bible says:

      Colossians 2:14-16 ”Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;”

    The 10 commandments were indeed nailed to the cross. The 10 commandments are called and included in “Statutes, Ordinances and Decrees” in Ephesians 2:15. ‘Ordinances’ refers to the whole of the Old Covenant law including the 10 commandments

    Now be careful when you say God gave you verses, cos sometimes Satan jumps in our thoughts and convinces us ‘through bible verses’ because we do not understand scripture properly. I am guilty of this too, and when I realise I’ve been fooled I repent to Jesus Christ.

    Tom Lessing said in anther comment over here:

    What is the purpose of the Law, including the Sabbath?

      Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. (Gal 3:24-25)

    Those who again place themselves under a schoolmaster by trying to uphold the Law, including the Sabbath, are actually denying the fact that Jesus Christ has already fulfilled the Law, including the Sabbath (Matthew 5:17-20). What’s the use in trying to keep one Law (the Sabbath) and breaking the rest?

      For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.(James 2:10)

    So anyone, including the Jews, can try and keep the Sabbath until the cows come home, it won’t benefit them one little bit unless they keep all the other laws.

  42. Artaxerxes Miguel Garcia says:

    “Christ is our Sabbath”? WRONG! The bible states “But the seventh day is the Sabbath of YHWH your God.” (Ex. 20.10). It does not say “Christ is the Sabbath of YHWH your God.” That eisegesis. Matthew 11.28 has nothing to do with Sunday or Sabbath. It is simply the person of Christ to whom we can find rest. But Christ as rest is not the same as “the Sabbath day” which He had sanctified, of which He said “The Sabbath” [not Christ] “was made for man” (Mark 2.27,28). In Hebrews 4.1-11 we find the same Sabbath day mentioned, not Christ, not another rest day, i.e., Sunday, but the same Sabbath day. And why do you use Colossians 2:16, 17 as basis for Christ as our Sabbath? You cannot find it there, either. It was stated in the plural (Sabbaton), “sabbaths” without the definite article “the” (ho in Greek), so it has no specific grammatical markers to identify it as the weekly sabbath, rather it is ritual sabbaths along with food and drink offerings which as “shadows” for the true substance to come, Christ. And when Christ died, these shadows ceased their validity. Shadows are rituals and the practices associated with it in the context of sin and sacrifices to teach God’s people about grace. But the Sabbath day had already existed before sin and rituals had been instituted, and so it CANNOT be part of the shadows. It will remain God’s Sabbath from Eden lost to Eden restored (Isa. 66.22,23), and will always remain God’s day of delight (Isa. 58.13,14) which was “made for man” (Mark 2.27,28). I hear some say “Christ is our Sabbath.” Who said it? God or pope Gregory? It was man not God for God had specifically mandated all His created beings to keep the Sabbath day holy as He had plainly stated in the Decalogue, and that Commandment was applicable for all governments of this planet. Another point is the fulfilling of Christ of the Law. But that does not mean we no longer fulfill it. No. The purpose why Christ came down in our sinful flesh is “that the righteousness of the Law might be fulfilled in us” (Rom. 8.3,4), and that Law includes the Sabbath Commandment, not Sunday. Somebody cited James 2:8-11 making it a point that it is useless to keep the Sabbath and break the rest. I say, it is useless to keep all the rest and break just one precept. That’s what James 2.8-12 states. If Christ is your Sabbath, why end up having regular worship on Sundays instead of the Sabbath day Christ was Lord of? :grin:

  43. Artaxerxes Miguel Garcia

    So you rigorously keep the Sabbath and cease from doing any of these things Exodus 20:10 forbids.

    1) Sowing
    2) Plowing
    3) Reaping
    4) Binding sheaves
    5) Threshing
    6) Winnowing
    7) Selecting
    8) Grinding
    9) Sifting
    10) Kneading
    11) Baking
    12) Shearing wool
    13) Washing wool
    14) Beating wool
    15) Dyeing wool
    16) Spinning
    17) Weaving
    18) Making two loops
    19) Weaving two threads
    20) Separating two threads
    21) Tying
    22) Untying
    23) Sewing two stitches
    24) Tearing
    25)Trapping
    26) Slaughtering
    27) Flaying
    28) Salting meat
    29) Curing hide
    30) Scraping hide
    31) Cutting hide up
    32) Writing two letters
    33) Erasing two letters
    34) Building
    35) Tearing a building down
    36) Extinguishing a fire
    37) Kindling a fire
    38) Hitting with a hammer
    39) Taking an object from the private domain to the public, or transporting an object in the public domain.

    If you don’t adhere to one of these forbidden by law, you have broken the entire law. (James 2:10).

    You wrote:

    “Somebody cited James 2:8-11 making it a point that it is useless to keep the Sabbath and break the rest. I say, it is useless to keep all the rest and break just one precept.”

    You are saying exactly what the person said. How odd can you get? “Keeping the Sabbath and breaking the rest” is equal to “Keeping all the rest and breaking one.” There’s no difference, no difference at all. Do you travel on the Sabbath? You are not allowed to do that, don’t you know?

  44. Dear Artaxerxes Miguel Garcia

    You said “If Christ is your Sabbath, why end up having regular worship on Sundays instead of the Sabbath day Christ was Lord of?”

    Well Artaxerxes, I do believe that keeping the Sabbath and worshiping God on Saturday or Sunday or any day of the week are two different things. Keeping the Sabbath entails doing absolutely NO WORK whatsoever; that includes switching your lights in your house on or off – something as menial as this is considered as LAW as that is work. Worship on the other hand is something completely different (no matter what day), it’s about Saints gathering together to fellowship and worship the Lord.

    You clearly have no idea what keeping the Sabbath day holy means, which lends me to believe that you are going to hell according to the LAW you so vigorously break.

  45. Kevin says:

    [DELETED by DTW – your logic is skewed – if you think keeping the sabbath is going got make you more saved than those who don’t by all means, keep it, but don’t make your ‘law keeping’ problems mine.]

  46. Yes, Jesus is the same yesterday, and today and forever. He fulfilled the law to perfection. But you say, no, He is not the same yesterday, and today, and forever, because you have to fulfill at least one law, the Sabbath.

    Listen to this: https://www.thebereancall.org/content/are-seventh-day-adventists-christians-dale-ratzlaff-part-1
    https://www.thebereancall.org/content/are-seventh-day-adventists-christians-dale-ratzlaff-part-2

    Do you want to be cursed?

    For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. (Galatians 3:10)

    Read the addendum in this article to see how hypocritical the SDA members really are

  47. Kevin says:

    Tom, Deborah I am shocked, disapointed, surprised. I no where insinuated keeping the sabbath makes one more saved than another. Nor do I believe it. We are saved by Grace, pure and simple. A free gift from Jesus, that can never be earned from works of the law.
    Once we are saved by faith are we not commanded to do good works ?
    Mat_5:16  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
    2Ti_3:17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

    James said the following, not to be saved but because, he is saved and wants to be obedient to God.
    Jas_2:14  What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
    Jas_2:17  Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
    Jas_2:18  Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

    Gods commandments are good and truth. I am sure you also agree with nine of them !!
    Psa_119:151  You are near, O Jehovah, and all Your Commandments are truth.

    This is the reason we keep the Sabbath. Not to be saved but because we love Jesus, and want to keep his commandments including his holy chosen day that he blessed.
    Mathew 5:21 onwards, talks about the law – do not kill, Jesus says “that whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment”. Do not commit adultery,Jesus says “that whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. “.
    He has made the law more difficult to keep in the spirit, not easier ! The commandment says do not kill, the spirit do not have anger to a brother”. If I donot have anger to a brother, am I allowed to disobey the physical commandment and kill ? Surely not !
    If I do not lust after another mans wife (spirit), can I physically break the commandments and sleep with her ? No, I can’t.
    In the same way Jesus is our spiritual Sabbath rest, but this does not mean I have license to break his physical Sabbath commandment.

    The bible says our conscience must be clear before God.
    (Rom_2:15  Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
    Mine is, I keep the sabbath not to be legalistic in trying to be saved, but by realising Jesus’s ultimate sacrifice for someone as undeserving as myself, and wanting to show obediance. He is my ruler and I will obey his rules (Joh_14:15  If ye love me, keep my commandments.), regardless of what you or anyone else may say or do.

    math 7:21-24 describes christians who cast out demons and prophesised in Jesus name being turned away from God at time of judgement, I would prefer not to be one of them vs 23 “and then I will say to them I never knew you! Depart from Me, those working lawlessness!”
    Mat_19:17  And He said to him, Why do you call Me good? There is none good but one, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.
    1Jn_2:4  He who says, I have known Him, and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

    Is it wrong to obey Jesus ?
    You have judged me and many others who have posted comments different from your teaching, calling them hypocrites, cursed, destined for hell etc. You base your views on what Paul says in Galatians 3:10, about justification. Once you are saved how do you show obedience to Jesus ? What Paul says will never have more authority than what Jesus says.
    I do not expect you to approve this post. Will you not even reply personally to correct my skewed logic ? Or is my viewpoints so skewed, in favour of the word of God, that it causes you such distress !
    Instead of hiding behind other peoples videos, maybe reading the bible more will provide better answers. I thank you in advance for the blessings

    Luk_6:22  Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man’s sake.

  48. Kevin wrote:

    Tom, Deborah I am shocked, disapointed, surprised. I no where insinuated keeping the sabbath makes one more saved than another. Nor do I believe it. We are saved by Grace, pure and simple. A free gift from Jesus, that can never be earned from works of the law. Once we are saved by faith are we not commanded to do good works?

    You may not believe it but the SDA does and propagates it.
    Good works are not keeping the law in order to be saved, like the Sabbath. Did you read the links I posted earlier?

  49. Dear Kevin

    You say you are ‘shocked, disapointed, surprised’, lol, how do you think we feel after reading this comment of yours…

    You said “In the same way Jesus is our spiritual Sabbath rest, but this does not mean I have license to break his physical Sabbath commandment.”

    So would you mind telling us Kevin what happens to those who break the physical Sabbath commandment? Are we sinning?

    You said ” Do not commit adultery,Jesus says “that whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. He has made the law more difficult to keep in the spirit, not easier … If I do not lust after another mans wife (spirit), can I physically break the commandments and sleep with her ? No, I can’t. In the same way Jesus is our spiritual Sabbath rest, but this does not mean I have license to break his physical Sabbath commandment.”

    You likened not keeping the physical Sabbath to committing adultery with another god. :shock:

  50. Kevin says:

    Hi Tom / Deborah,
    Please don’t get me wrong, you have inspiring articles on your website, I believe the sincerity of your actions i.e. articles, esp exposing false prophets and doctrines. Added to the commitment you have to running this free website, I need to commend you.
    Not for judging or trying to cause division, but, in an honest and sincere way as your website states “Jesus Christ the Son of God commands us to test everything that is said, comparing what was said with His Word.”,do I comment. This to contribute to the conversation about the truth of God’s word.

    Like the Sabbath, why the big fuss ? It is just a day ! Jesus (God) has never forced anyone to worship him, we have free choice to obey him or not. Will Satan behave in the same manner when seeking worship from people on the earth ?

    Christian Sabbath keepers have existed from Jesus time. First the disciples and then thru the ages. Sabbath keeping divided the early church
    “Pope Nicholas I, in the ninth century, sent the ruling prince of Bulgaria a long document saying in it that one is to cease from work on Sunday, but not on the Sabbath. The head of the Greek Church, offended at the interference of the Papacy, declared the Pope ex-communicated.” Truth Triumphant, p. 232

    Sabbath keepers were branded heretics by the Catholic church and excommunicated from Jesus.
    “Christians shall not Judaize and be idle on Saturday [in the original: ‘sabbato’ -shall not be idle on the Sabbath], but shall work on that day; but the Lord’s day they shall especially honour, and as being Christians, shall, if possible, do no work on that day. If, however, they are found Judaizing, they shall be shut out [‘anathema,’ excommunicated] from Christ.” – Council of Laodicea, c. A.D. 337, Canon 29, quoted in C. J. Hefele, A History of the Councils of the Church, Vol. 2, p. 316.

    When this failed communities were annihilated and burnt at the stake (inquisitions targeted Christians esp sabbath keepers). tens of millions of Christians died during the dark ages.
    WALDENSES
    “They say that the blessed Pope Sylvester was the Antichrist of whom mention is made in the Epistles of SSt. Paul as having been the son of perdition.[They also say] that the keeping of the Sabbath ought to take place.” Ecclesiastical History of the Ancient Churches ofPiedmont,” p.169 (by prominent Roman Cathholic author writing about Waldenses)
    WALDENSES OF FRANCE
    “The inquisitors…[declare] that the sign of a Vaudois, deemed worthy of death, was that he followed Christ and sought to obey the commandments fo God.” History of the Inquisition of the Middle Ages,” H.C.Les, vol.1
    INSABBATI
    “For centuries evangelical bodies, especially the Waldenses, were called Insabbati because of Sabbath-keeping.” Gui, Manueld’ Inquisiteur
    FRANCE-KING LOUIS IX,1229
    Published the statute “Cupientes” in which he charges himself to clear southern France from heretics as the Sabbath-keepers were called.
    Also in Gui, “Manuel d’ Inquisiteur” vol. 1 p. 37
    Papal Councils made blasphemous decrees regarding the Sabbath
    COUNCIL OF CLERMONT
    “During the first crusade, Pope Urban II decreed at the council of Clermont (A.D.1095) that the Sabbath be set aside in honour of the Virgin Mary.” History of the Sabbath, p.672
    NORWAY, 1436
    (Church Conference at Oslo) “It is forbidden under the same penalty to keep Saturday holy by refraining from labour.” History of the Norwegian Church, p.401

    Remember Sunday worship had existed for over a thousand years before a protestant church existed. Its origins are pagan worship, as is christmas. 25 th December is birthday of the sun god !
    .Hence the Church would seem to have said, ‘Keep that old pagan name. It shall remain consecrated, sanctified.’ And thus the pagan Sunday, dedicated to Balder, became the Christian Sunday, sacred to Jesus. The sun is a fitting emblem of Jesus. The Fathers often compared Jesus to the sun; as they compared Mary to the moon.” -William L. Gildea, “Paschale Gaudium,” in The Catholic World, p. 58, March 1894.

    Sola Scriptura VS Catholic Church Tradition
    Dr Eck won the Leipzig debate when he confronted Luther with the Sabbath, knowing Luther kept Sunday !
    If sola scriptura is your Reformation cry, you must return to the Bible Sabbath or you must reject sola scriptura and accept Rome’s claim to determine divine truth, evidenced by her power to change the Sabbath to Sunday. – Dr. Eck to Martin Luther in the Leipzig debate (Enchridion, 78 79) (quoted in Odom 246)

    Question: Why do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?
    Answer: We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church transferred the solemity from Saturday to Sunday.” Peter Geiermann, The Convert’s Catechism of Catholic Doctrine (1946 ed.), p.50. Geiermann received the “apostolic blessing” of Pope Pius X on his labors, January 25, 1910.

    “The Church changed the observance of the Sabbath to Sunday by right of the divine, infallible authority given to her by her Founder, Jesus Christ. The Protestant, claiming the Bible to be the only guide of faith, has no warrant for observing Sunday. In this matter the Seventh Day Adventist is the only consistent Protestant. The Catholic Universe Bulletin, Aug. 14, 1942, p.4

    Saturday to Sunday change a Mark of authority for the Roman Catholic Church

    Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change was her act. It could not have been otherwise, as none in those days would have dreamed of doing anything, in matters spiritual, ecclesiastical and religious without her. This act is a mark of her ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matters.i
    Extract from a letter written by the Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons (November 11, 1895)

    Catholic Bishop Admits they changed Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday – $10 000.00 dollars are up for grabs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpOK_UH0TT4

    Protestant arguments for Sunday worship are destroyed by the Roman Catholic Church at the Romes Challenge website
    http://romeschallenge.com/

    Summary
    “The arguments contained in this pamphlet are firmly grounded on the word of God, and having been closely studied with the Bible in hand, leave no escape for the conscientious Protestant except the abandonment of Sunday worship and the return to Saturday, commanded by their teacher, the Bible, or, unwilling to abandon the tradition of the Catholic Church, which enjoins the keeping of Sunday, and which they have accepted in direct opposition to their teacher, the Bible, consistently accept her in all her teachings. Reason and common sense demand the acceptance of one or the other of these alternatives: either Protestantism and the keeping holy of Saturday, or Catholicity and the keeping of Sunday. Compromise is impossible.”

    Harlot riding the beast – remind you of any particular church ? Do the harlot daughters have the same colours ?
    Rev_17:4  And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet. And she was gilded with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication.

    Gods first church had an extra colour – blue. Blue was prominent. All garments had blue fringes (law)
    Num 15:38  Speak to the sons of Israel and command them that they make fringes in the borders of their garments throughout their generations, and that they put upon the fringe of the borders a ribbon of blue. 
    Num 15:39  And it shall be to you for a fringe, that you may look upon it and remember all the commands of Jehovah, and do them; and so that you do not seek after your own heart and your own eyes, after which you prostitute yourself, 
    Num 15:40  that you may remember and do all My commands, and be holy to your God. 

    Jesus Ultimatum – Obey God
    Rom_6:16  Do you not know that to whom you yield yourselves as slaves for obedience, you are slaves to him whom you obey; whether it is of sin to death, or of obedience to righteousness.

    Roman Catholic Church Ultimatum – Obey Church Tradition
    “The observance of Sunday by the Protestants is an homage they pay, in spite of themselves, to the authority of the [Catholic] church.” Monsignor Louis Segur, Plain Talk About the Protestantism of Today (1868), p. 213

    Why the big fuss over Sunday, after all it is only a day ! I will not judge anyone, and speak only for myself.
    Confronted by both options I will take my chances with the Sabbath, anyday.

  51. Dear Kevin

    Thank you for your kind words at the beginning of the comment, and thank you for the history lesson. This is usually the story that Sabbatarians use to confirm why Saturday is the day to keep Holy instead of Sunday, and from a Catholic vs Christian point of view it sounds like a good reason because Catholics have hijacked everything Christian and turned it pagan.

    Every day for me in Holy :smile: as Jesus Christ abides in me and I in Him.

    Philippians 2:12 “Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”

    No amount of sitting on a sofa all day long on a Saturday staring at the ceiling is going to show my love for Jesus Christ more than me repenting of my sin, changing my ways through the guidance of the Holy Spirit to sin no more.

    You didn’t answer my question though.

    So would you mind telling us Kevin what happens to those who break the physical Sabbath commandment? Are we sinning? Because you likened not keeping the physical Sabbath to committing adultery with another god.

    Are you a Seventh Day Adventist?
    Which pastors do you follow, or listen too? Any specific ones you like?

  52. Kevin says:

    Dear Deborah,
    I appreciate your response and hope I can answer your questions as best I can.
    Yes I have recently been baptised into the Seventh Day Adventist church (nearly two months now). This after a non Seventh Day Adventist christian provided me with prophecy videos, specifically Daniels 2, 7 and revelations. The realisation that I had been deceived for so long regarding Sunday and the Sabbath. That I was indirectly paying homage to the little horn power that blasphemes god, makes war with his saints and seeks to change his times and laws, upset me. As you well know the Papal system removed the second commandment (idols) and the last (covet )was split into two to make ten again. The Sabbath was changed to Sunday, days changed from being evening till evening to midnight till midnight and the gregorian calender (pope gregory ) of 365 days replaced the biblical calender of 360 days.
    I realised that if every one in South Africa kept the ten commandments, we would not need keys for our cars, security systems/burgalr bars at home, children could play in the streets, there would be no abuses or crime. This made me urgently seek a church that kept all of Gods commandments. As the name suggests the Seventh Day Sabbath as well as the second Advent of Jesus Christ our lord and Saviour are prominent for SDA church. Most believe we are in the end times so it seems appropriate to me to join a church that believes these things.
    I like the fact that all sermons are rooted in scripture. You can question pastors about anything as they serve you. Whether it is hymns , Sabbath school or sermons, everything is done soberly in Jesus name. The church ideology is biblically sound.
    I find Stephen Bohr, Doug Bachelor and Walter Vieth (S.A.) particularly insightful, also Paul Washer and Ravi Zacharias are pretty good.

    To answer the question about breaking the Sabbath. Firstly I cannot say if you are sinning because I don’t know your conscience, the bible says a persons conscience must guide them. I am a sinner how can I point fingers at you Deborah ?
    You talk about repenting from sinning, well what is sinning ?
    1Jn 3:4  Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
    If the above is the biblical definition of sinning what do you repent from doing ?
    If one does not believe in the law so how can you sin ?

    I believe in the moral law ( ten commandments + laws common to all people incest, bestiality,homosexual etc. The ceremonial (sacrifice), festivals (atonement, trumpets, passover etc- also referred to as Sabbath days in O.T.) and civil ( penalties for law breaking in old testament times) laws have been abolished because they were a shadow of Jesus Christ our sacrifice , who took on himself our punishment for the purpose of redeeming our lost souls. This is why the moral law is important to me.

    I hope I have answered your questions satisfactorily. Would you return the favour and answer my questions
    Your statement of faith says you also believe in moral laws (homosexuality, incest etc), how many of the ten commandments do you believe, and if any why not the rest ?
    On what day do you worship God in church, and how is this required of you using the bible ?
    What is the biblical definition of sin and obedience ?
    What pastors do you follow ?

  53. Kevin wrote:

    I realised that if every one in South Africa kept the ten commandments, we would not need keys for our cars, security systems/burgalr bars at home, children could play in the streets, there would be no abuses or crime.

    The fact is, Kevin, you don’t need Jesus Christ and his cross if you could keep the ten commandments. PERIOD! People have often called me impolite for being so forthright in my answers. I would rather be accused of being rude and ill-mannered when I quote Scripture, because bluntness is the only way to pluck someone out of the fires of hell. So let me be frank. Anyone who believes that keeping the ten commandments is necessary to please God and gain salvation, is making the cross of Christ null and void.

    For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. (1 Co 1:18).

    The cross of Jesus Christ is the power of God and not your or anyone else’s observance of the Sabbath. My advice to you is to flee from the SDA Church as soon as you can, which is NOW, or are you also oblivious of this warning?

    Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers. (John 10:1-5).

    By the way, is not having to need keys for our cars, security systems/burglar bars at home, children playing safely in the streets, and no more abuses and crime, the most important things in life to you? Oh dear, oh dear oh dear.

  54. Kevin wrote:

    To answer the question about breaking the Sabbath. Firstly I cannot say if you are sinning because I don’t know your conscience, the bible says a persons conscience must guide them. I am a sinner how can I point fingers at you Deborah?

    So, if your conscience doesn’t impugn you, it’s OK to sin? I really appreciate your humility.

  55. Dear Kevin

    So your Prophetess is Ellen G White?

    I don’t go to church Kevin (I can’t find a bible believing church to attend as they are all infiltrated by Rome) so I study the bible daily sometimes I don’t, I pray daily sometimes I fall asleep while praying, I worship Jesus Christ daily sometimes I forget, I repent of my sin daily and sometimes I have to have my conscience severely pricked by the Holy Spirit to come to Jesus Christ and repent of my sin but what I do know is that I have have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ daily not just on a Saturday at ‘church’ or Sunday at ‘church’…

    You have fallen from one trap (Rome) into another (SDA). And guess what? SDA stems from Mormonism…Mormonism stems from Rome. All antichrist religions come from Babylon.

    I am not bound by laws. I am born again, baptised into the one and only baptism in Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit. Not baptised in water into an organisation with a false prophetess who convicted me through her followers with DVD’s that following the laws of the OT and keeping the Sabbath was my sin in life.

    Do you honestly think that changing your day of worship from Sunday to Saturday is going to get you any nearer to heaven? It’s the false teaching you follow that enslaves you, not a day of the week.

    You are either free by the cross of Jesus Christ or you are under the law and cursed. I believe in Jesus Christ, I do not believe in the 10 commandment. Jesus Christ is the ONE who convicts me, not the 10 commandments. I don’t follow the 10 commandments, I am a child of God and because of that I am convicted of ALL sin.

    As Tom said “The fact is, Kevin, you don’t need Jesus Christ and his cross if you could keep the ten commandments. PERIOD!”

    I say, “EXACTLY”!

    You can read our statement of faith Kevin, it explains all.

    How about you go and find out what the SDA church REALLY believes. If after you study and find out their history and all their FALSE TEACHING and you are still happy to be baptised into their organisation, by all means stay, but you can never say you were not warned, otherwise earnestly repent to Jesus Christ of this false baptism, change your ways, and leave this organised church immediately :smile:

  56. Artaxerxes Miguel Garcia says:

    Tom (Discerning the World).

    How can you base your keeping of the Sabbath on Jewish oral traditions which are NOT God’s Commandments? You think those 39 points that you have enumerated are God’s Laws? They are NOT. They are YOUR rules, NOT God’s rules. They are pharisaic rules and you yet you endorse them as though they God’s rules, but those pharisaic restrictions don’t necessarily mean they are God’s rules. When God says stop working on the Sabbath day, that prohibition includes only those He explicitly stated such as no cooking (Ex. 16.22,23), no igniting of fire in relation to building of the sanctuary (Ex. 35.1-3), no traveling in relation to personal interests (Isa. 58.13,14), no buying and selling (Nehemiah chs. 10-12), no work inside the house on the Sabbath day. And this keeping of the Sabbath is what I am my family have been enjoying since I was born into the world. The sabbath day is holy because God ordained it so. He never made it unholy or desecrated it or changed its blessedness in any way because there was NO REASON to. Therefore it will stand as the same holy Sabbath day from Eden lost to Eden restored (Isa. 66.22-23).

    Your enumerated points are NOT what God had mandated or enumerated. I do not follow some of it, but some are explicitly stated such as the ones I have cited. Certainly your way of Sabbath-keeping is copied from the Orthodox Jews like the washing of cup in Matthew 12 and Mark 7, both of which are NOT valid in Christ’s eyes because they are HUMAN TRADITIONS, but NOT God’s Commandments. You ought to have distinguished which are God’s Commandments from pharisaic additions to it. But you don’t. In one breath you cite those pharisaic points are wrong. Obviously some of them are wrong because not all of them are scriptural or divine but pharisaic such as the washing of cup and of hands, and the “corban” (Mk. 7.10-19). God had given no such stringent rules as what the pharisees and Orthodox Jews had done. And we do not need to keep all those 39 points, either. Some of which are “senseless restrictions” and cannot be valid at all because they are NOT explicitly mentioned, enumerated, and prohibited by God. Therefore they are not God’s mitzvahs, but plain human stupidity invented by rabbinic Jews.

    You cited James 2:8-12. Now i have been keeping the Sabbath day perfectly and keep all the rest. What can you do? Can you truthfully accuse me of one single sin? You cannot because i have kept all the Law not only in spirit but to the letter of it, and i am right and am sure I am walking in God’s ways because that is what God had commanded and that is what i did. You want to make it appear that my Sabbath-keeping is not valid because it’s ok to keep the Sabbath and break the rest. But no. I keep the Sabbath perfectly and keep all the rest perfectly. So there is no reason to condemn me for not keeping all the Commandments because i have kept and have been keeping ALL of them. You may rant and complain at this, but there’s nothing you can do. I am a law-abiding believer in Christ. You aren’t. I keep perfectly the Sabbath Commandment and the rest of the Commandments. You do not, you cannot, and you would not. So that’s not my problem but yours.

    In Revelation 14:12 the saints keep the Commandments of God and the faith “OF Jesus.” I do that as a saint and am still doing it, and will be doing it, and persist in doing it steadily and trustworthily as long as I breathe. I’d rather die than break a single precept of God’s Commandment. When I die and when I rise from the dead, my attitude of Sabbath-keeping and Commandment-keeping remains the same and will never change. There is not one law-breaking principle, behaviour, or thought in my heart, and I’m happy to make sure that i keep God’s Commandments as what saints ought to do. Now what’s your problem?

    Another area of Sabbath-keeping is travel. Are you saying that all traveling is forbidden during the Sabbath? If that’s what you mean, you are WRONG. Jesus was travelling during the Sabbath (Mark ch.2; Matt. 12), and yet He stated that it is lawful to do well on the Sabbath day (Matt. 12.12). Christ and His disciples were on outdoors on many instances during the Sabbath days. They were not inside the synagogues, for there is no such commandment that every Sabbath day every believer should always be inside the synagogue. Sabbath is a temple of time, not a place. It is the day that is holy, not the place. What was mandated is the regular “holy convocation” during the Sabbath day (Lev. 23.3), or a worship gathering. This is the reason why the New Testament believers always gather on the Sabbath day (NOT Sunday) to hear God’s words as what we can read in Acts 15.21; chs. 13-18. And you cannot say that their travelling on foot on the Sabbath day to gather for worship is sin because the purpose is worship. You cannot use the rabbinic/pharisaic/orthodox version of Sabbath-keeping or the 1-km distance travel as valid criterion for that matter because God had not prescribed such rule. That’s pharisaic, not Divine, and therefore, NOT valid. You ought to have distinguished what is Divine from human nonsense. This you have failed to do. You lump up together the obsolete and invalid pharisaic rules as divine, even if they are NOT, and you insist that i break the sabbath because i break the rules of these anti-Messiah pharisees specifically on travelling and on the 39 points YOU have defined. Should i adhere to their manner of Sabbath-keeping? Decidedly no. And why should i obey a human rule when God had not prescribed such rule in the first place? Should i need a rabbi’s opinion to teach me to be a good Sabbath-keeper? No. What God had stated plainly in the Scriptures are enough. No rabbis needed. No human traditions are necessary. And what were not prohibited in the Scriptures are NOT prohibited. What were plainly stated are to be understood in its immediate context.

    When Jesus and His disciples traveled during the Sabbath day, they were accused of profaning the Sabbath because they grabbed ears of corn in their hands, which according the rabbinic Judaism is an act of threshing or harvesting. But which rule does it came from, from God’s or from the pharisees? When Jesus defended Himself of the charge of Sabbath -breaking, did He admit that He broke the Sabbath? No. He said “It is lawful to do well on the Sabbath day” (Matthew 12.12). There was no reason for Christ to break any of His Father’s Commandments because there is no reason for Him to commit sin and promote lawlessness. What He condemned is WRONG Sabbath-keeping, wrong law-keeping which during His day was legalism, – a keeping and performing of God’s Commandments while the heart and attitude is lawbreaking, a sort of hypocrisy and ritual religion without wholehearted allegiance to YHWH. But Christ Himself had no intention to alter of break the Law. On the contrary, He enforces it to the letter and the spirit of it (Matthew 5.17-19; 19.17). He did not said, “ONLY BELIEVE.” He said, Believe and “do” (Lk. 10.28.37; Matt. 7.21-27; Lk. 12.47). He does not break nor profane the Sabbath Commandment or any of the Commandments. Our Lord and Example plainly said “I have kept My Father’s Commandments and abide in His love” (John 15:10). Which of these words indicate that Jesus has an attitude, action, or disposition to be a lawbreaker? IN YOUR DREAMS. He was a law-abiding believer, and we ought to be like Christ: law-abiding; and be as perfect as God is in this very side of life (Matthew 5.48; Deut. 18.13; Eph. 5.1; Phil. 2.12-15; 1Jn. 4.17), and overcome as Christ overcame (Rev. 3.21; 21.7; Heb. 12.1-4; 1Pet. 2.21-24; 4.1,2; 1Jn. 2.3-6). There is no reason to say that you cannot be as perfect as God is or overcome as Christ overcame because Scriptures do not provide such silly excuse or reason for incompetence. On the contrary, that book is an encouragement that we can and ought to be perfect even in this sinful lifetime, despite environment, despite the sinful human heredity, just as Christ was in the same “sinful flesh” like ours. We ought to dominate sin (Gen. 4.7). The Bible does not say “NO, YOU CANNOT KEEP GOD’S COMMANDMENTS IN THIS LIFE, ONLY JESUS CAN DO THAT FOR YOU.” Heck, no. Since the days of the patriarchs, God says that there have been “thousands of them that love Me and KEEP My Commandments” (Ex. 20.6; Deut. 5.10; cf. Jn. 14.15; 15.10; 14.21; Dan. 7.9; 1Jn. 5.2,3; cf. 1Ki. 19.18). The remnant shall do no iniquity (Zeph. 3.13; Rev. 14.12; Rev. 12.17; 19.10; 22.14-King James Version; See Isa. 51.7).

    In the context of James 2:8-12 your argument says that there is no difference in keeping the Sabbath day and breaking the rest of the Commandments. That’s not my problem. That’s yours. I keep the Sabbath Commandment and the rest of the Commandments. So where’s the difference? How about you? You keep all the rest of the nine and yet break God’s longest Commandment. How dare you desecrate that which God had commanded to be sanctified and provided with such well-explained rationale: “For in six days YHWH made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that in them is and rested the Sabbath day. For this reason YHWH blessed the Sabbath day and sanctified it.” (Ex. 20.11). If you keep the rest of the Commandments and yet break the Sabbath, there is no difference, either. So that logic applies to you, lawbreakers, not to us. We have no issue for lawbreaking because we do not break them, all of them (unless of course individually there are Seventh-day Adventists who do not keep God’s Commandments and fall short of the perfection required from them from God). But not all are wicked, not all are unjust, not all have sinned or rebellious. There ARE perfect saints who do not transgress the Commandments because they find no reason to do so. There ARE perfect, Commandment-keeping saints who do not need Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross any more because they no longer commit sin. They became righteous and remain righteous still, even if they are not conscious of it. The purpose of Christ’s death is for us to be holy, perfect, and permanently separated from sin and sinning. In short, He came down to the point of dying at the cross, “that the righteousness of the Law might be fulfilled in us who walk not in the flesh but in the spirit” (Rom. 8.1-4). And when we reach that point, why need to sacrifice Christ again and again and ask for forgiveness when there is no more reason to do so?

  57. You wrote:

    In the context of James 2:8-12 your argument says that there is no difference in keeping the Sabbath day and breaking the rest of the Commandments. That’s not my problem. That’s yours. I keep the Sabbath Commandment and the rest of the Commandments.

    You are a liar; you have never kept all the commandments. No one has. Your lies make you a sinner and in need of salvation. REPENT and believe the Gospel which says, “All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Yet, you say you do not come short because you keep all the commandments. You are the Pharisee, not us.

    If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. (1 John 1:8-10).

    SIN = NOT KEEPING GOD’S LAWS. CAPICHE?

    Tell me, is Sabbath-keeping necessary for one’s salvation?

  58. Artaxerxes Miguel Garcia

    So your prophetess is Ellen G. White as well?

    You said “There ARE perfect saints who do not transgress the Commandments because they find no reason to do so. There ARE perfect, Commandment-keeping saints who do not need Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross any more because they no longer commit sin.”

    WOW, so according to you are on the level of Jesus Christ – sinless. Pheewwww, I would seriously repent if I was you.

  59. You are lost, my friend, and you know it. The purpose of Christ’s death is for us to be holy, perfect and permanently separated from sin and sinning ansd not for the remission of sin and lostness? Really?

    And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. (Hebrews 9:22)

    The purpose of the shedding of his blood was for the remission (forgiveness) of sin and not for a kind of holiness you accomplish by keeping the Law. Rubbish! If that were true, the publican in Luke 18 would never have prayed, “And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.” (Luke 18:13). In fact, it was the Pharisee who never got saved who boasted that he kept all of God’s laws. Did the publican sacrifice Jesus again on the cross when he asked to be forgiven his sins? Perish the thought!

    I SUPPOSE, IN YOUR NEXT COMMENT YOU WILL BE TELLING US NOT ONLY THAT YOU ARE PERFECT, BUT THAT YOU ARE ALSO THE CHRIST.

  60. Kevin says:

    [DELETED by DTW – I am pretty sure you sinned today and broke at least 1 commandment that being: “Thou shalt not lie” that you keepest all God’s commandments.]

  61. Artaxerxes Miguel Garcia says:

    [DELETED by DTW]

  62. Artaxerxes Miguel Garcia says:

    [DELETED by DTW]

  63. Artaxerxes Miguel Garcia says:

    [DELETED by DTW]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

:hi: 
:hat: 
:nod: 
:nope: 
:unhappy: 
:smile: 
:grin: 
:giggle: 
:laugh: 
:up: 
more...