Rewards in Heaven

Discerning the World is an internet Discernment ministry based in Johannesburg South Africa that was founded in 2008. Tom Lessing originally founded the website "Waak en Bid/Watch and Pray". Tom Lessing joined Discerning the World in May 2013 and all his articles were moved across to DTW.

1. Sharon says:

I have heard, all my 58 years on Earth that we will “cast our crowns at His feet.” There is not a verse that says we will do that. This is the closest verse. Revelation 4:10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, Of course the 24 Elders are the head of each (12) tribes in Israel & the 12 Apostles. Now with that said, I will gladly lay any crowns I may get at the feet of Jesus. But I also know that we will be “Kings and Priests unto our God.” Revelation 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. I guess we will find out in Heaven.

If I could choose a crown it would be the one who loves His appearing.

2. Sharon says:

To the Deb-ster, Where did you find the information that Calvinist do not believe in rewards in heaven? That is a new one for me. My very best friend of 53 years turned Calvinist back in 2004. The church we grew up in was not Calvinistic at all. I study constantly about Calvinism, not for me to believe in it, but I want to be able to answer her. Thanks.

3. Thomas Lessing says:

Sharon wrote:

Your arithmetic is a little confusing. There are 24 elders and twelve tribes. Do the twelve tribes each have two heads? As far as I know the twelve apostles shall sit in judgment over the the twelve tribes (Matthew 19:28). The 24 elders represent the raptured church.

4. Hi Sharon,

Sharon wrote:

If I could choose a crown it would be the one who loves His appearing.

Yep, that’s the one to go fer! The more rewards and crowns, the more to lay down at his feet, and the more you will glorify Him.

5. Sharon says:

Math was not my best topic in school :o) I meant to say the Sons of Abraham 12 and the 12 Apostles.

12+12=24 I’m such a goofball

Thomas Lessing wrote:

Sharon wrote:

Sharon

Don’t worry, I didn’t even notice 😉 Only when Tom said something did I realise lol.

7. Redeemed says:

Calvinists believe they are marked by God for salvation and cannot resist God’s call to repent and believe. That is their twisted and perverted view of His sovereignty and grace. They also believe that if one does fall into sin that God will again in His sovereignty force one to repent and return to the straight and narrow. If one claims Christ and falls into sin, and one does not repent, it is assumed that one is not truly one of the chosen. What is puzzling is that if that doctrine allows that believers can fall into sin, how does that come about unless that believer has a free will? Would that not have to say that God ordains sin?

Therefore, the logical conclusion is that the Calvinist cannot possibly do anything of his own volition for God and that would mean that there would be no rewards because there was no issue of obedience or serving heart on the part of the Calvinist. In other words, a programmed robot.

In their world, why is there even any need for the Bema Seat Judgment?

What is really strange is that this devious doctrine is often cloaked in a ministry to expose the evils of Romanism and other false teachings. What does that tell us? Doesn’t that mean that the enemy must use his cleverest methods of deception to cover up a doctrine that destroys the very Gospel.

Oh that more people would see it for what it is and not turn a blind eye. Those entrapped in it are precious in the sight of God and need to know the truth. Unlike the traditional Calvinist, those who believe in the true Gospel have compassion upon ALL the lost and have a burning desire to reach them and rescue them from an eternal hell. God is not willing that ANY should perish and this is NOT limited to a certain number of people.

Oh that our hearts would break for the lost. What of our Lord’s final words in the Great Commission? HIS heart broke for them and so should ours. Even Calvinists who believe a false gospel. There is no hatred here for them, just a desire to sound the alarm that others will not fall into that trap.

8. Thomas Lessing says:

Redeemed wrote:

I can only say AMEN to this.

9. Sharon says:

I asked my Calvinist friend what happens if you don’t perceiver? She said that they believe in a “perpetual atonement”, so that means Jesus Christ is perpetually atoning for sins that are already forgiven. In Hebrews 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. Jesus atoned for all sin once and for all. Hebrews 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. He poured out His blood on the Mercy Seat in Heaven, one time and for all. The only verse that uses the word “Perseverance is Ephesians 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; This is the only verse in the Bible that teaches us to “persevere” when it comes to prayer. Other wise we are to endure. 2nd Timothy 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

Calvinism is so screwed up and it is wrecking havoc in some churches today. Some Calvinists I know hate being called a Calvinist, so they changed the name to Sovereign Grace. No, they are Calvinist.

Redeemed wrote:

superciliousness

10. Sharon says:

I have Dish TV but it no longer has God TV on it, Thank God! Most of the “Christian” stations I do get are as bad for the most part. All of the Wolves like to be on TV.
    One time as I was “Channel Surfing” there was a man on God TV and his program was on about 11:30pm. His name was Barry Smith from New Zealand. He died a couple of years ago. He made some very interesting comments about the Pyramids in Egypt & who built them.

I was just wondering if you waaaayyyyyyy over there have heard of him.

Sharon

Those New Zealanders are even waaaaaayyyyy further than us, and this Barry Smith guy (have not heard of him) like most have interesting ideas as to who built the pyramids…

now thinking about it, this is a strange comment for this article? LOL

12. Sharon says:

I agree. My best friend turned Calvinist in 2004 she and I grew up in a church that was not Calvinistic at all. I remember a pastor that we had back when I was about 6 or 7 years old. One Sunday he preached Calvinism. My Dad, my Uncle and the other 5 deacons told him not to preach Calvinism any more. Well the very next Sunday he did it again. To do this again is typical Calvinistic Arrogance to get back in the pulpit and try to preach it again.

All of Deacons stood up and told him to come down from behind the pulpit because he was no longer pastor there. They gave him severance pay because he was married and had about 4 or 5 kids. Of course as a little kid I didn’t know all about what had happened. But as I look back I believe the 7 Deacons did the right thing, harsh as it may seen. But there was a cancer in the Pulpit and they took it out.

Thomas Lessing wrote:

Redeemed wrote:

I can only say AMEN to this.

13. Robbie says:

Debs
    Barry Smith was a typical doomsday prophet who said Jesus will be here in the year 2000. He started about the same time as Benni Hinn but was more a Jimmy Swaggart type of preacher.

He loved to display a “timeline” and to set specific times for the fulfillment of Bible prophecy.
    I have not heard from him in… 25 – 30 years?

Yes Sharon. I was new in the field then but I used to watch his videos. They became very popular in the early 1980’s here in the RS of A

It will be interesting to go back and check who sent him then? I found his preaching on prophecy extremely interesting but like I said… I was a babe then.

14. Sharon says:

I only saw him that one time. I don’t know if the program was new or if they were playing old re-runs. He died a few years ago. He made a comment something like he believed the Great Pyramid of Geza was built by God Himself since it was perfectly built. I don’t know if I agree with that because God’s eye is on Jerusalem more than any other place. Oh well, I was just wondering.

Robbie wrote:

Debs

I have not heard from him in… 25 – 30 years?

Yes Sharon. I was new in the field then but I used to watch his videos. They became very popular in the early 1980′s here in the RS of A

15. Danielle woodard says:

if I be faithful till death then I will get a crown when I get to heaven

16. Danielle Woodard

According to the Bible there are five crowns you may win.

1) The crown of life for those who endure suffering and temptation (Revelation 2:10; James 1:12).
    2) The crown of glory for the shepherds (pastors and elders) who are faithful in giving their flocks the right food (and not a load of heresies and lies) (1 Peter 5:4).
    3) The crown of righteousness for those who love and wait for his appearing at the Rapture (2 Timothy 4:8).
    4) The crown of rejoicing for winning souls to Christ (1 Thessalonians 2:19).
    5) An incorruptible crown for those who gain victory over their carnal nature (1 Corinthians 9:25).