GOD TV Is Undoubtedly The Fulfillment of Biblical Prophecy

Discerning the World is an internet Discernment ministry based in Johannesburg South Africa that was founded in 2008. Tom Lessing originally founded the website "Waak en Bid/Watch and Pray". Tom Lessing joined Discerning the World in May 2013 and all his articles were moved across to DTW.

1. Matin Horan says:

It is mind-blowing how people can fall for these blatant quacks. I know plenty of folk who swallow the “teachings” of these charlatans. And some get very angry if you let them know they are charltans! I’ve noted the warnings from their dupes who think that by obeying 1 Thess 5:21 and 1 John 4:1, and therefore concluding that these people are frauds, that you are maligning men and women of God.
    If it wasn’t prophesied in the Bible that these crooks would lead people astray, you could not believe it. You have to wonder if those who fall for their lies actually read the Bible. Yet, sadly, I know people who claim to follow the Bible who do fall for it. They are glued to the God channel when these celebrities come on.
    Sad, so sad.

2. Osito says:

Hi Deborah, that God tv amplifed bible Acts 9:15-16. Where did you find it? Thank you!

Hopes all go well.

3. james butler says:

beginning to feel totally confused.i can only hope my faith is enough.

4. james butler,

Remember what Jesus said?

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. (Joh 16:13)

Don’t be confused. The devil is the god of confusion, not GOD. Read you Bible and ask the Lord to give you wisdom.

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. (Jas 1:5)

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (Eph 6:10-12)

5. Julie says:

I am one of the gullible people who used to send money to god tv. I am intelligent but sadly, like so many others , was conned. For me, it’s not that I’m a fool, but that I was a lonely single mum of 3 babies, had been abused and was receiving death threats from my ex husband. He had left me me massively in debt. It was a very very sad time. I was a very new Christian, with no biblical knowledge. Sadly my church were only there on Sundays! God tv filled a gap for a human voice. That’s why so many people get duped. We’re not all looking for prosperity- just a human voice speaking gods word. Before dismissing viewers as unbelievable fools- try reaching out to lonely people outside of a ‘church hours ‘
    I am wiser and more discerning now. I repent of supporting these awful false prophets- but I do understand their appeal to lonely people.

6. John Andrews UK/Ireland says:

Barland wrote:

Cameroon Government Shuts Down Over 50 Pentecostal Churches, Plans to Shutter 100 Total
    [DTW note: Thanks Barland :)]

It must be a problem when certain churches hide behind “religion” when despicable acts of criminality cannot then be examined by law enforcement officials. Religious freedom is a grey area that allows tax evaders, con artists and the like to flourish. If true Christians would actively become more involved in pointing out and questioning false preachers that “pick the wallets and bank accounts of gullible people” it would be a good thing. For too long have we been afraid of “judging others” and bought into the lie of “harming the church”. I do not suggest that we as lay Christians should all become “heresy hunters” – but we are certainly being let down by our church leaders who are in full time paid ministry? Ek vra maar net?

John (UK/Ireland)

7. John Andrews UK/Ireland

Agreed! However, I must remind you that to earnestly contend for the faith (struggle unto death if need be) is not heresy hunting. It is obedience to and love for God and his Word. Ek sê maar net.

8. John Andrews (UK/Ireland) says:

Thomas Lessing (Watch and Pray / Waak en Bid) wrote:

John Andrews UK/Ireland

Thomas, if you see that my posting has “heresy hunters” clearly “in aanhalings tekens” it suggests that some heresy hunters suggest that just about everything that they (or their denomination) do not agree with is heresy it implies that some heresy hunters are “false heresy hunters”. It is difficult to bring a balanced argument to a blog which keeps it relevant and to the point as I can see from your (and my) frustration when people throw vain utterances and illogical reasoning (including insults) at us when we post our thoughts and research into the ring.

Keep up the good work!

We actually need a group of committed believers in the truth to lay a charge at the door of church leaders that allow Angus Buchan and the like to infiltrate a once more conservative church in South Africa (and elsewhere) to take a firm approach to keep a falling away more contained. We owe it to the people of South Africa to try and undo the damage that the Buchanites and others have done. Above all we need to pray for the flock (wider flock) to get the protection from their leaders that they deserve as it seems that the deceit has hit hard at the top echelons.

I have copied a posting on CRI homepage which is a good article on heresy hunters and “peripheral issues”(where false heresy hunting abounds)….

Christian Research Institute Home / Aberrant Teachings and Sects Perspectives / Exposing False Doctrine: Heresy Hunting or Biblical Mandate?
    Exposing False Doctrine: Heresy Hunting or Biblical Mandate?

FALSE DOCTRINE- Introduction
    Well, I’m sure you’ve all heard by now, that Christians are simply supposed to love one another and be united together in faith. Should we, therefore, regard as divisive those Christians who speak out against teachings in the church which are clearly unbiblical?

FALSE DOCTRINE- Heresy Hunting?
    I can tell you firsthand that it is no joy to be labeled a “heresy-hunter.” Yet, as Paul instructed Timothy, we are to zealously guard the purity of the message God has entrusted to us, and for good reason (1 Tim 1:18-19; 6:20; 2 Tim. 4:2-5).

FALSE DOCTRINE- From Within as Well as Without
    We read in such passages as Acts chapter 20, and 2 Peter chapter 2, that false teachers will arise, bringing with them destructive heresies, distorting the truth and destroying the faith of some. Moreover, it is clear that these teachers will come not only from outside the church, but also from within the body of Christ as well.

It is therefore imperative that we test all things by Scripture (1 Thes. 5:21). It was in this spirit that the Bereans examined the words of the Apostle Paul, for which they were reckoned as noble in character (Acts 17:11).

FALSE DOCTRINE- Correcting and Rebuking
    Indeed, not only can the Bible be used for preaching, teaching and encouragement, but, it is equally valuable for correcting and rebuking (2 Tim. 4:2). As a matter of fact, we as Christians are held accountable for proclaiming the whole will of God, warning others of false teachings. (Acts 20:26-28; cf. Ezek. 33:7-9; 34:1-10).

FALSE DOCTRINE- Church Discipline
    This is not merely a suggestion, it is, in fact, a divine mandate. Of course if heresies are coming from teachers within the church, we ought to try and approach them first with our concerns. Should that fail to resolve the problem, we are told in Matthew 18 to expose their errors to the church; and if need be, divulge their names. (1 Tim. 1:20; 2 Tim. 2:17-18; 4:14-15; 3 John 9-10).

FALSE DOCTRINE- Scriptural Mandate
    We would, therefore, do well to heed Scripture’s explicit warnings to be on guard for false teachings (Rom. 16:17-18; cf. 1 Tim. 1:3-4; 4:16; 2 Tim. 1:13-14; Titus 1:9; 2:1), and to point them out to brothers and sisters in Christ (1 Tim. 4:6). At CRI, it is not our practice to make an issue out of peripheral matters on which honest Christians can differ. However, we are committed to exposing those who would compromise the essential doctrines of the historic Christian faith. Remember, controversy for the sake of controversy is sin. But controversy for the sake of the truth is a divine command.

* Thus in closing I suggest that we not only sit at home and post to the like-minded but also make an appointment if at all possible and sit down and reason with the leaders of previously sound churches. The charismatic chaos of the popular Pentacostals has usurped the authority that once was there (and “dead words teaching” that were and still are not spirit filled is the cause)? I hope this longer than intended post is read by more than the two of us…..

John

9. Steven Richardsen says:

Did Jesus ever charge money for His teaching? If He did you would have recieved a papyrus. HE NEVER DID. Did Paul ever charge for his letters? If he did he would have been rich. Paul said work with your own hands and dont be a burden to the body of believers. Jesus always talked about rewards in heaven recieving true riches. They never had mega churches then but had little flocks. Revival comes when you and me become the little seed that dies and produces much grain. Not by putting your cash into someones life style. I hope i made my point ps im a back slider and want to give up all that i have again. I loved how Gods miracles were small yet profound. Just having faith was to me a miracle 😊

10. Dear Steven

You said “I hope i made my point ps im a back slider and want to give up all that i have again”

You don’t have to give up all you have to make penance for your sinful life… Penance is self-punishment done to try to right a wrong. Jesus said to the woman something very profound who was going to be stoned:

John 8:11 “She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. ”

Ask Jesus for forgiveness Steven and go and sin no more.

You said “I loved how Gods miracles were small yet profound. Just having faith was to me a miracle”

God gave us Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on the cross that we may be born again and have eternal life.