Visitors from around the World

Translate blog:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Announcements

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

facebook: Discerning the World

Sign up to Receive Email Updates


powered by MailChimp!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Recent Comments

General Comments Section:

Click here for the General Comments Section Discerning the World - General Conversation Section

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Article Archive

Click here to find a List of all Articles List of all Articles
Click here to find a List of all Categories to search by Categories / Keywords

Website Stats

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Is the Star of David a Godly Symbol?

Is the Star of David a Godly Symbol?

Star of DavidIs the Star of David a Godly Symbol?

As Christians we believe by faith in Jesus Christ. We do not need symbols, signs or trinkets to remind us who Jesus Christ is because we have the Holy Spirit abiding IN US. The Star of David is part of the Jewish faith – a Christian should not be entertaining symbols from other faiths.

But to make matters even worse; the Star of David is not even a God given symbol to the Jews. The Israelites chose this star symbol while worshiping ANOTHER god.

Amos 5:26-27 (Amplified Bible)

26 [No] but [instead of bringing Me the appointed sacrifices] you carried about the tent of your king Sakkuth and Kaiwan [names for the gods of the planet Saturn], your images of your star-god which you made for yourselves [and you will do so again].

27 Therefore I will cause you to go into exile beyond Damascus, says the Lord, whose name is the God of hosts.

Acts 7:37-43 (Amplified Bible) 

37It was this [very] Moses who said to the children of Israel, God will raise up for you a Prophet from among your brethren as He raised me up.

38This is he who in the assembly in the wilderness (desert) was the go-between for the Angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai and our forefathers, and he received living oracles (words that still live) to be handed down to us.

39[And yet] our forefathers determined not to be subject to him [refusing to listen to or obey him]; but thrusting him aside they rejected him, and in their hearts yearned for and turned back to Egypt.

40And they said to Aaron, Make us gods who shall [be our leaders and] go before us; as for this Moses who led us forth from the land of Egypt–we have no knowledge of what has happened to him.

41And they [even] made a calf in those days, and offered sacrifice to the idol and made merry and exulted in the work of their [own] hands.

42But God turned [away from them] and delivered them up to worship and serve the host (stars) of heaven, as it is written in the book of the prophets: Did you [really] offer to Me slain beasts and sacrifices for forty years in the wilderness (desert), O house of Israel?

43[No!] You took up the tent (the portable temple) of Moloch and carried it [with you], and the star of the god Remphan, the images which you [yourselves] made that you might worship them; and I will remove you [carrying you away into exile] beyond Babylon

—————-

The Star of Saturn (Baal, Moloch, Remphan,  Shamash, Sakkuth, Kaiwan/Chiun) = SATAN

—————–

Other religions that use the hexagram:

Islam:

The symbol is known in Arabic as , Najmat Dāwūd.

 

Star of David in Mosque Pictures, Images and Photos

Hinduism and other Eastern Religions:

Heart Chakra:- 

Bindu:-

This mandala is called ‘Purely Blissful’. The Yogini in this mandala is the Queen of Queens, Rajarajeshvari, the Very Red One, her Transcendent Majesty Lalita Maheshvari Mahatripurasundari.

In the Kali yantra:-

The goddess is represented by the eight-petalled lotus, which stand for the eight elements : earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intellect and ego-sense.

Eight-Petalled Lotus hexagram

Om (AUM) and Hirm Hexegram:-

Buddhism:

HexagrOM symbol:- 

“OM Mani Padme Hum” is the oldest and most important mantra of Tibetan Buddhism, usually translated from Sanskrit as “OM, jewel in the lotus, hum”. The “jewel in the lotus” may be considered as enlightenment arising in the lotus of human consciousness. This is the holiest of Tibetan mantras, associated with the bodhisattva (“enlightened being”) Avalokiteshvara, and is an expression of compassion as well as a longing for liberation and enlightenment.

Each Tibetan character represents one syllable in the mantra, and these six syllables are linked to the six modes of existence in the bhava-chakra (“Wheel of Life”). The Wheel of Life is divided into six segments: the upper half of the Wheel contains the higher realms of gods, antigods (jealous gods) and human beings. The lower half of the Wheel contains the lower realms of animals, hungry ghosts and hell beings. Each being is born into one of these realms of existence according to its karma, and books like the Tibetan Book of the Dead detail ways to ensure rebirth in the higher realms and avoid the lower ones. The syllables of the mantra of Avalokiteshvara are assigned to the realms so that each of the types of beings may be taught the way to liberation from the cycle of existence.  — www.dharmamemphis.com/images/hexom.gif

Mormons (Latter Day Saints):

Occultism / Freemasonry / Knights Templars:

 

 

Roman Catholic / Pope :-

and many, many, many, more.

——————————-

More...

56 comments to Is the Star of David a Godly Symbol?

  • Elmarie A

    “As Christians we believe by faith in Jesus Christ. We do NOT need symbols, signs or trinkets to remind us who Jesus Christ is because we have the Holy Spirit abiding IN US.”

    True words spoken Debs. Thank you for this article.

  • Andrew Williams

    I’m going to say that yes, the Star of David is a godly symbol, because it is a symbol of the Jewish people and the state of Israel, and both of these are signs of the existence and faithfulness of God.

  • Deborah (Discerning the World)

    Andrew Williams

    Your opinion is usless because of the biblical scripture provided that PROVES the star was taken from ANOTHER GOD.

    For someone who thinks that being born again is, quote: “”I primarily see myself as a follower of Jesus. I tend to avoid loaded phrases such as “born-again Christian” which carry all sorts of baggage.” 2010/04/15 at 4:48 pm” I think you should refrain from making comments on things of a Christians nature.

    PS, lying and using multple names, like Tony and thinking you can get away with it is not Christian. Oh wait, you are not Christian. I suppose what you did is par for the course eh.

  • Grant C

    Deborah re: Andrew Williams

    the Star of David is a godly symbol

    We seem to misunderstand Andrew here. The way I read this, is that he is saying that it is a godly symbol, but not a Godly symbol as in the Almighty God of the Holy Bible. It is, however, a symbol of some or other false god/s.

    The majority of the Jewish people are still under the Law and have not accepted the God of the Bible or His statues. The state of Israel is a largely secular state, not in any shape or form what God wants it to be. Yet. Therefore any symbol representing a state or religion which is unacceptable in form to God, cannot be an acceptable symbol to Biblical believers.

    So, what Andrew says is relatively true, but only if appropriated to false gods. The Almighty God needs no symbols. To the contrary, God warns against symbols, idols, graven images and all those worldly things of man, which cannot be carried in your heart, but only rooted in dust.

  • Andrew Williams

    I find the tone of the comments rather insulting…

    I meant to write Godly (with a capital G).

    But assuming that the star of david is pagan in origin (which I’m not sure about), how come it’s OK for a pagan holiday like the winter solstice to be “Christianised” and celebrated as Jesus’ birthday (despite the fact that He was almost certainly born 2-3 months earlier), but it’s not OK for the Jewish people to adopt the star of david?

    Grant, the majority of Jewish people do fully accept the God of the Bible. They reject Jesus, partly because the message of Jesus has been distorted by his followers for most of the last 2000 years. If you know anything about the history of Christian-Jewish relationships, you’ll know that it is a sorry story of persecution and bloodshed. To Jewish people, Jesus is the reason why their relatives were murdered. And to call Israel a secular state is a gross oversimplification. Have you read the country’s declaration of independence? I bet you haven’t, because if you had you’d know that it has numerous religious references.

  • Deborah (Discerning the World)

    Andrew

    Based on your history on this blog, please understand this once and for all. I don’t care what you think because 1) It’s wrong 2) It’s wrong because it’s not biblical 3) It’s not biblical because you have never read the bible

    Your comment contradicts your previous comment – capital letters or no capital letters.

  • Grant C

    Andrew

    I find the tone of the comments rather insulting…

    I don’t know exactly who you are referring to. Simply because I don’t agree with your views does not mean I am being insulting, but rather speaking in order to correct / assist in understanding.

    how come it’s OK for a pagan holiday like the winter solstice to be “Christianised” and celebrated as Jesus’ birthday

    It is NOT OK, in the sense you indicate.

    Grant, the majority of Jewish people do fully accept the God of the Bible.

    Only the Messianic Jews and the Orthodox, who are certainly not in the majority!

    Have you read the country’s declaration of independence?

    That has nothing to do with what the populace believes. It is a geo-political document, not a religious one. Numerous religious references does also not equate to making it a non-secular declaration, rather a democratic declaration with acceptance shown toward multiple faiths.

    The use of capital letters would not alter the validity of your statement.

    Your argument is unfounded and based on opinion rather than fact.

  • Amanda

    Andrew Williams

    They reject Jesus, partly because the message of Jesus has been distorted by his followers for most of the last 2000 years.

    What then is the “message of Jesus”? Could you point to some present day theologians who teach the true “message of Jesus”?

  • Andrew Williams

    Amanda,

    What I meant is by the “message of Jesus” is that the messiah has come, bringing redemption and restoration. The distortion is that this message has been taken to imply the end of the Jewish people, religiously and also literally.

    I can recommend two excellent books that deal with this. The first is “The Distortion” by John and Patrice Fisher – it was written as a response to the Mel Gibson film “The Passion of the Christ” but is of much wider interest – it’s a relatively short book containing much wisdom. The second is a larger theological work called “Postmissionary Messianic Judaism” by Mark Kinzer.

    I may quote a short extract from the latter book if I have a moment.

    [There’s another book due out on August 31 called “Yeshua in Context” by Derek Leman. I know the author and I think it’s going to be excellent].

    Please don’t take what I’ve just said as writing off all other theologians. The issue is that most of them are gentiles and their views on how the message of Jesus relates to the Jewish people have been coloured by their background.

  • Andrew Williams

    Here’s a quotation which, in my view, accurately summarises the real issues concerning Jewish faith in Jesus.

    Postmissionary Messianic Judaism, Mark Kinzer, page 224:

    As seen in chapters 2, 3 and 4, the message of Yeshua came to the first generation of Jewish hearers as a proclamation of how the God of Israel had acted and was acting in Yeshua for the redemption of Israel and the world. It told of how Israel’s covenant had been renewed and confirmed in the Messiah, and how the way was now also open for Gentiles to share in Israel’s eschatological riches without becoming Jews. As seen in chapter 5, the message about Yeshua that came to Jews in the second century was radically different. It spoke of how Israel’s covenant and way of life had been annulled in the Messiah, and it claimed that Jewish identity and practice were of no value or even prohibited. Any Jew who was loyal to the covenant would conclude that such a message could not possibly come from the God of Israel. To reject such a purported Messiah would be an act of fidelity to God rather than infidelity! Paul van Buren states this point clearly:

    “…What the Jewish people were taught by their rabbis to deny was a church which taught that Israel’s covenant with God had been suspended. The church was asking Israel to agree that its faithfulness to Torah had no longer any meaning, because God’s faithfulness to his people had come to an end. For Israel to have accepted such a church would have been a betrayal of the covenant and a denial of the faithfulness of God!” (Paul M van Buren, A Theology of the Jewish-Christian Reality, vol 2, A Christian Theology of the People Israel).

    (Like many Jewish believers in Jesus, Kinzer uses the Hebrew “Yeshua” rather than “Jesus”).

    If that sounds interesting, why not read the whole book?

    Kinzer’s point is what I was trying to make previously – a key factor in the Jewish rejection of Jesus is the conflict between the corrupted gospel message preached by the church and the Jewish desire to remain faithful to their covenantal calling.

  • Deborah (Discerning the World)

    Andrew

    You recommend 2 good books, yet have you read the bible, for it’s the WISEST book ever? When will you stop at wanting to deconstruct Christianity?

  • Andrew

    Deborah, yes, I have read and continue to read and study the Bible. My interest is learning how faith would have been understood and practiced in Biblical times, which was definitely a lot different to today. We often fail to realise the Jewish nature of the whole Bible, and how this has been lost over the years.

  • PJamas

    Andrew

    Dude. I’ve been reading this blog for like donkeys of years and seen your comments. Let met say: When are you going to stop looking for all the philosophical stuff and find salvation in Jesus Christ?

  • Grant C

    PJamas

    Seems Andrew still believes this to be true:

    the majority of Jewish people do fully accept the God of the Bible

    Seems Andrew believes this is relevant to salvation today:

    My interest is learning how faith would have been understood and practiced in Biblical times, which was definitely a lot different to today.

    Seems Andrew thinks we are uninformed:

    We often fail to realise the Jewish nature of the whole Bible

    Seems Andrew is of the opinion that the Gospel of Jesus is corrupt:

    the Jewish rejection of Jesus is the conflict between the corrupted gospel message preached by the church and the Jewish desire to remain faithful to their covenantal calling.

    PJamas said:

    When are you going to stop looking for all the philosophical stuff and find salvation in Jesus Christ?

    I don’t think Andrew would be interested at this point, seeing that he says the Gospel which could save him “is corrupt”.

    Andrew is an ardent arnaecholonogiripolanist. Sorry:)

  • Deborah (Discerning the World)

    Grant

    I have always wanted to be a obscrobonopolist.

  • Andrew

    I don’t appreciate the criticisms, which are untrue and twist my words. I believe and trust in Jesus alone for forgiveness of my sins and salvation.

    To Grant, to answer your comments:

    1. Jewish people accepting the God of the Bible. We could argue over this forever so I won’t bother with this one.

    2. Biblical faith relevant to salvation today. Surely we need to understand the faith “once delivered to the saints”? What’s wrong with that?

    3. Jewish nature of the Bible. It’s a fact that few people really appreciate this, and I’m not saying I do fully. To illustrate this, let me ask everyone a question – why did the first disciples follow Jesus when He called them? I’ll explain more when I have some answers.

    4. Corrupt gospel. No, I said the “gospel preached by the church is corrupt”. Huge difference. The context of my statement was how the gospel relates to Jewish people. A gospel that says Jesus abolished the Law (which He specifically said He had not come to do) is a corrupt one, and yes, this is what many parts of the church preach. If you’re Jewish this matters big time.

  • Deborah (Discerning the World)

    Andrew

    Ah buh humbug you who can’t stand the word born again and think deconstruction Christianity is ok. Please, grow a personality.

    Let me fill you in on this New Covenant thing because you seem to have overlooked it.

  • Grant C

    Andrew

    1. You can dismiss the argument regarding the percentages of the Jewish people who are secular, orthodox Jews or Christians, it certainly is not relevant to the points you are trying to push forward. However, recent census results pertaining to the religious stance of Jews from all over the world are the only realistic figures we or you could have. Again, you did not read what I said before on this matter and again you are relying on some unofficial opinion, rather than facts.

    2. Who do you think the saints are who are being referred to in the book of Jude? Do you think that the faith spoken of was limited to the Christians at the time? Which type of faith then applies to Christianity today, if not the same as for Christians back then? When did God change His mind?

    3. Jewish nature of the Bible. I repeat: Do you think you are dealing with uninformed people who can’t read? Why then are you commenting here?

    4. By saying that the Gospel preached by the church is corrupt is equal to saying that the Gospel of Jesus is corrupt. No difference. The Apostles preached that Gospel and they were the first members of the church. Within the church is where the Gospel lives, nowhere else. The church is not the physical church you may see as the church, the church is the body of believers in Jesus Christ.

    5. The Gospel does NOT say that Jesus abolished the Law, but that He completed (confirmed) the Law.
    Mat 5:17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them”.
    There is only ONE CHURCH which is a whole. Any church that preaches that Jesus came to abolish the Law IS NOT A CHRISTIAN CHURCH, but a church of another Jesus and a false spirit.

    6. A Jew, or anyone else, who will not accept the unaltered Gospel of Jesus, will not be saved. There is NO distinction. This is not criticism, this is the Truth. We are not twisting your words, you are twisting the Truth.

  • Deborah (Discerning the World)

    Andrew

    Titus 1:9-16 (Amplified Bible)

    9He must hold fast to the sure and trustworthy Word of God as he was taught it, so that he may be able both to give stimulating instruction and encouragement in sound (wholesome) doctrine and to refute and convict those who contradict and oppose it [showing the wayward their error].

    10For there are many disorderly and unruly men who are idle (vain, empty) and misleading talkers and self-deceivers and deceivers of others. [This is true] especially of those of the circumcision party [who have come over from Judaism].

    11Their mouths must be stopped, for they are mentally distressing and subverting whole families by teaching what they ought not to teach, for the purpose of getting base advantage and disreputable gain.

    12One of their [very] number, a prophet of their own, said, Cretans are always liars, hurtful beasts, idle and lazy gluttons.

    13And this account of them is [really] true. Because it is [true], rebuke them sharply [deal sternly, even severely with them], so that they may be sound in the faith and free from error,

    14[And may show their soundness by] ceasing to give attention to Jewish myths and fables or to rules [laid down] by [mere] men who reject and turn their backs on the Truth.

    15To the pure [in heart and conscience] all things are pure, but to the defiled and corrupt and unbelieving nothing is pure; their very minds and consciences are defiled and polluted.

    16They profess to know God [to recognize, perceive, and be acquainted with Him], but deny and disown and renounce Him by what they do; they are detestable and loathsome, unbelieving and disobedient and disloyal and rebellious, and [they are] unfit and worthless for good work (deed or enterprise) of any kind.

    *HINT* NEW COVENANT *HINT*

    Until such time as a Jew accepts Jesus Christ he will not be saved. Yes, they follow the same Christian God, but God has cut them off because of their rejection of His Son. In fact, you are sitting in the same position as a Jew – cut off, because you refuse salvation through Jesus Christ.

  • New NwopapIsdn

    I agree the Star of David/Saturn should not be considerered a symbol of God … I would go a step further. The common ‘cross with a circle around it’ in taken from the Zodiac cross and should be regarded as non christian. Also, all the pictures of Jesus with a Halo/sun behind his head should be tossed out cause they make him out to be a solar deity. It also doesn’t help that he was born on the 25 … aka the winter solstice when the sun appears to stop moving for three days … christmas trees are round to symbolize the sun and green all year to sybolize eternal rebirth of the sun… you know what lent means ??? comes from the saxen word lencten …. which means to lengthen just as the days get longer …… so through all that out don’t get me started on easter …..

  • Mack

    Great Post, I Totally agree! Symbols are something dangerous and many of them come from Kabbalah, Gnosticism, Freemasonry, etc… They are used in occultism, sorcery, hypnotism, Magic and true Christians must not identify themselves with this sort of evil marks. Many religious denominations that claim to be “Christians” have already being marked by this symbols and as we approach to the end of time we will see it more and more. The true Gospel is spiritual, by Grace through faith in Jesus and has nothing to do with symbols. According to (Acts 7:37-43) and (Amos 5:26-27) the star is a symbol of Moloch and Rempham.

  • Arthur

    Symbols are only dangerous if you give them power. The star of david is a jewish symbol . The triangle facing down points to hell. The one facing up points to heaven. You only give something power over you if you believe it. Only supersticious people are scared of symbols.

  • Dani

    Symbols aren’t evil, nor are they good. The shape of the symbol manifests a sort of aura associated with it’s shape. Whether it be protection, health, relaxation, etc. Because it’s power is not aligned with good or bad, it’s power can be used for good or bad intentions.
    Symbols are often repeated on many beliefs because they are not associated with an exact deity. Such as the cross, not just used in Christianity, but in ancient Celtic beliefs, it is a symbol of their goddess, Brid. The cross is also used as a protective symbol; it has an aura corresponding to protective energy, along with the Hexagram, Ankh, Udjat, and the Triple Knot. The cross with a circle through it is not originally known as the ‘Zodiac cross’, but it is the Celtic cross. The Talisman of Saturn, channels the energy of the planet Saturn; used by ancient priests, rabbis, and mystics.
    Symbols are also repeated because, according to the Principle of Mentalism, every religion’s deity, including but not limited to: God, Dao, Great Spirit, Goddess, Prime Vibration, the quantum physics theory of cosmic consciousnesses, the Source, ect. They are a part of an aspect, an archetype of a non-gender, non-pantheistic form of divine. Whatever one wishes to call their deity is not wrong; everyone is correct in their belief. Every religion is basically the same; they have a set of morals, one or more deity, something that happens after they die, ect.
    That’s my point of view, if you don’t agree, go ahead and state your opinions. I ask (and I am making no accusations) please refrain from any sort of insult, especially of the grammatical sort.

  • Kate Akele

    Yay for Deborah and the others! John Chick had some comic books that confirm the point the ‘THE STAR OD DAVID’ isn’t of God. *Grin*

  • Dani wrote:

    Symbols aren’t evil, nor are they good. The shape of the symbol manifests a sort of aura associated with it’s shape. Whether it be protection, health, relaxation, etc. Because it’s power is not aligned with good or bad, it’s power can be used for good or bad intentions.
    Symbols are often repeated on many beliefs because they are not associated with an exact deity. Such as the cross, not just used in Christianity, but in ancient Celtic beliefs, it is a symbol of their goddess, Brid. The cross is also used as a protective symbol; it has an aura corresponding to protective energy, along with the Hexagram, Ankh, Udjat, and the Triple Knot. The cross with a circle through it is not originally known as the ‘Zodiac cross’, but it is the Celtic cross. The Talisman of Saturn, channels the energy of the planet Saturn; used by ancient priests, rabbis, and mystics.
    Symbols are also repeated because, according to the Principle of Mentalism, every religion’s deity, including but not limited to: God, Dao, Great Spirit, Goddess, Prime Vibration, the quantum physics theory of cosmic consciousnesses, the Source, ect. They are a part of an aspect, an archetype of a non-gender, non-pantheistic form of divine. Whatever one wishes to call their deity is not wrong; everyone is correct in their belief. Every religion is basically the same; they have a set of morals, one or more deity, something that happens after they die, ect.
    That’s my point of view, if you don’t agree, go ahead and state your opinions. I ask (and I am making no accusations) please refrain from any sort of insult, especially of the grammatical sort.

    Your point of view is very common around people who believe anything, practice Cabala, Occultism or any other sort of New Age Gnosticism. It is just not-biblical and against the God of the Bible. Every religion including modern Christianity is perverted and polluted with all sorts of Gnosticism and spiritual prostitution. There is only one God and the rest is idolatry. The antichrist religious system of this demonic world is all perverted and confused. IT IS CALL BABYLON THE HARLOT (Rev 17)

  • Sacred Heart

    [deleted – I was not posting your comments because I was not online]

  • Lawrence

    Interesting comments …. the ‘Star of David’ that never was until Solomon built the temple his father provided for. The cherubims on the ark threw a reflection of His light (no lamps etc in the H of H) to form this sign. Then Solomon adopted the gods of his heathen wives and started worshiping Satan thus when the priests of Baal entered the Holy of Holies, Yahweh (or His Hebrew equivalent) departed, leaving the priests to reproduce this symbol by drawing on the floor so they could pretend that He was still present and the god of the Israelites.

    The Rothschild family flag reflects this with a different background but still claims ownership over Israel from WW I due to their investment in the local railroad etc by placing their family crest – ‘the star of David’ on a blue background.

    So, my guess is that it was His symbol but, since Solomon, no longer. Just like the cross which is a pagan symbol since ancient Egyptian times, it is used by Satan.

    Maybe the ark did reflect His light in a similar pattern during the temporary abodes of the ark during King David’s reign?

    But then again, I am one of those strange Christians that doesn’t keep Easter unless it coincides with Passover, definitely not Lent or Christmas; that knows that Jesus could only have been born during the Feast of Tabernacles at the end of Sept/early Oct and will return upon this feast. Does it matter? or does only the Holy Spirit matter?

  • Deborah (Discerning the World)

    Kyle

    Maybe you are talking nonsense.

  • Carm

    The hexagram is considered one of the most powerful symbols in the occult. That’s where the term Hex comes from “it is hexed…”, or “to put a hex on someone”… ’cause the little devil worshippers draw a hexagram on the floor and then stand in the middle of the hexagram and then summon demons that they then proceed to order to go pester someone. I have often wondered if the Afrikaans term for witch “Heks” comes from the hexagram they use. Dr Cathy Burns goes into lots of detail about the hexagram…

    Right now a hexagram is associated with Isreal, but I think that is fitting: it represents her spiritual harlotry… I wonder if the manorah will be restored as a symbol for the nation of Isreal in the millenium? Just a thought though.

  • Jason Corning

    There are Stars of David on dozens and dozens of Protestant American Churches found throughout this country. I guarantee many of them are ‘born-again’ Christian Right fundamentalist congregation that somebody as deaf, dumb, and blind as you are, would fit in and enjoy. I suspect that when you went hunting for ikons of the Star of David, you DELIBERATELY ignored the many examples seen on Protestant Churches both here and in Great Britain. Like a child you posted your likes and dislikes symbolically labeling your dislikes with the dreaded, ‘evil’ Star of David, and then deceitful left out the FACTS about certain Protestant Churches hoping no intellectual or scholar on the subject would ever notice. Well, let the games begin, because I noticed and now I will be on you like a Bumble bee on cherry blossoms. I can smell a Nazi from a century away, as in your future great-grandchildren’s violent and hateful uprising against the dark-skinned, Asian/African Christian leader of the World around 2113 AD. TO BE CONTINUED…

  • Deborah (Discerning the World)

    Jason

    LOL, thanks for all the insults – I suppose you call yourself a Christian? Probably.

    1) Just because I mention the star of David is not a Godly symbol does not make me a nazi
    2) Just because protestants use the star of David ‘unknowingly’ does not make them Jewish, Christian or heathen for that matter
    3) Just because nazi’s used the star of David to identify Jews does not make the star of David somehow a Godly symbol.
    4) Just because the star of David is on their Israels flag does not mean it’s right.
    and and and and and

    I love Israel I love God’s chosen people, Jews, I believe that Israel belongs to them. However the star of David is not a Godly symbol as it states in the bible they took the star from the Babylonian religion they so eagerly followed. Capiche?

    Now flock like a horde of bumble bees to another cherry blossom and take your nastiness with you.

  • Jason Corning

    To Fraulein Deborah-

    a quick look at the internet shows there to be at least six sites dedicated to Christian symbols which list the six-pointed star as yet another type of authentic Christian symbolism. Apparently, the Church has tended not to refer to the hexagram as the Star of David (Magen David in Hebrew), which historically has been more of a Jewish designation. Instead, Christian authorities have called it the Star of Creation, Star of the Creator, or the Creator’s star. Now for those Christian believers who may still have any doubts whatsoever about the six-pointed Star of David should be more than reassured by the historical facts themselves. The Star of Creation, as the Church has designated it, really was, still is, and will continue to be, an genuine Christian symbol. Any stubborn skeptic should feel free to check out the internet for even further proof. In fact, after a very brief time period spent searching for any Christian use of the hexagram, the results are definitive. As it turns out, there happen to be at least six separate listings of Christian symbols and/or symbolism which include the Star of David (Star of Creation, Six-pointed Star, etc) in their collection without any reservation. These particular listings, along with their subsequent definitions and explanations, can be seen as follows:
    ______________________________________________

    1) STAR OF DAVID: The Star of David or the Creator’s Star. The six points represent six aspects of God: love, mercy, wisdom, majesty, power, and justice. In this form, the two triangles represent the Trinity.

    – Star of David, Christian Symbols, Ezartsncrafts.com

    2) THE STAR OF CREATION (Star of David) – The six-pointed star is several symbols in one. The star is made up of two triangles, each representing the Trinity. The six-sided star they form is a symbol of creation. Thus the symbol means that the Godhead, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, were all a part of the creation of the world.

    – The Star of Creation, ChristianSymbols.net

    3) Six-pointed Star: Route six corners correspond to the six days of creation. These are also the six attributes of God: love, power, wisdom, mercy, justice and majesty. It is also known as Star of David in Judaism. Six-pointed star – a Christian symbol

    – Christianity, Religious Symbols and their Meanings, Relijournal.com

    4) Six pointed stars symbolize Israel and is called the Star of David. It represents the six attributes of God – power, wisdom, majesty, love, mercy and justice.

    – Stars as Christian Symbols, Catholic-Saints.info

    5) Six Pointed Star: Star of Creation, Star of David. Although ancient and symbolizing the six days of creation, best known in modern times as a symbol of Judaism.

    – Christian Symbols, Symbols, Gocek.org

    6) Six-Pointed Star: Stars with six points have a deep ancient history that has been connected to many other religions with a range of meanings. In regards to Christianity, the star with six points is known as the Creator’s Star (or the Star of Creation). Each of the points represents the six days of creation, and is also representative of six attributes associated with God;- love, mercy, power, wisdom, majesty, and justice. The six-pointed star is also a symbol of Judaism in modern-day Israel, which is called the Star of David.

    – Symbolism of Stars in Christianity, by Yona Williams, Unexplainable.net
    ______________________________________________

  • Deborah (Discerning the World)

    Jason

    Why do you quote heathen websites to try back up your claims? A Catholic website? New Age websites?

    I quote from the bible in my article, the final authority on all matters – you reject biblical scripture and you come up with the above nonsense?

    Do you not understand that the STAR is A BABYLONIAN STAR – it’s history dates back much further than you can google. That is why you need to look at the bible for your answers.

    Why do you reject biblical scripture for the answer?

  • Deborah (Discerning the World)

    Jason

    >> The six points represent six aspects of God: love, mercy, wisdom, majesty, power, and justice. In this form, the two triangles represent the Trinity.

    What a load of nonsense. If we now go to the bible and look to see if God the Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit is represented in this form we DO NOT FIND THIS.

    So again, wrong.

  • Jason Corning

    Deborah (Discerning the World) wrote:

    it states in the bible they took the star from the Babylonian religion they so eagerly followed. Capiche?

    Now flock like a horde of bumble bees to another cherry blossom and take your nastiness with you.

    No way, Fraulein because the future of the world is at stake. Once again, the Protestant Christian Church authorities who originally authorized those Stars of David to be placed on their Churches were far more learned than you and they deliberately chose the Star of David because, in fact, there are centuries and centuries of historical evidence proving that the Star of David is an authentic Christian symbol, period. Your paranoid delusions of KNOWING Scripture is laughable. Here are some fair and square challenges for you:

    – Name ONE Christian scholar of any standing that also believes the Star of David to be the evil images mentioned in Amos and Acts. Just one.
    – Explain how these passages in any manner prove in any way that the Magen David is the symbol being referred to.
    – Name ONE published book (with actual pages composed of paoper) that connects the Six-pointed Magen David with evil, rather than good.

    I doth quote the following FACTS:

    ______________________________________________

    The hexagram, as the Seal of Solomon, is generally…believed to have protective powers and magical properties…[It] has a long history of providing protection from demons and evil spirits. In some magical practices, it is associated with exorcisms.

    – Who Knew Two Triangles Could Do So Much?: The Hexagram, by Rebecca, themagicalbuffet.com

    The Seal of Solomon dates back to the Bronze Ages and is a powerful symbol with many mystical and magickal qualities…the Seal of Solomon is believed to offer protection against both enemies and the evil eye, control spirits, and bring good luck in all aspects of life.

    – Seal of Solomon, Amulet Power, Angelfire.com

    In the middle Ages it was common to find amulets and talismans which reproduced the Seal of Solomon…It was believed that these magic drawings protected the wearer from the influence of demons and evil spirits, or just bad luck. It was also common to record the seal on a frame or lintel of the entrance door to homes…with the same protective character against the spirits or to potential fires.

    – The Hexagram, Star of David or Seal of Solomon, Looking4thetruth77.blogspot.com

    Bring it on Fraulein!

  • Deborah (Discerning the World)

    Jason

    You doth quote occult lies!

    I quote the TRUTH!

    There is the BOOK, called the bible, I don’t know if you have heard of it… well I am going to quote from it… it’s historically TRUE. You do not need to be a scholar to understand these verses Jason, you need to be able to read and understand.

    Amos 5:26-27 (Amplified Bible)

    26 [No] but [instead of bringing Me the appointed sacrifices] you carried about the tent of your king Sakkuth and Kaiwan [names for the gods of the planet Saturn], your images of your star-god which you made for yourselves [and you will do so again].
    27 Therefore I will cause you to go into exile beyond Damascus, says the Lord, whose name is the God of hosts.

    Acts 7:37-43 (Amplified Bible)

    37It was this [very] Moses who said to the children of Israel, God will raise up for you a Prophet from among your brethren as He raised me up.
    38This is he who in the assembly in the wilderness (desert) was the go-between for the Angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai and our forefathers, and he received living oracles (words that still live) to be handed down to us.
    39[And yet] our forefathers determined not to be subject to him [refusing to listen to or obey him]; but thrusting him aside they rejected him, and in their hearts yearned for and turned back to Egypt.
    40And they said to Aaron, Make us gods who shall [be our leaders and] go before us; as for this Moses who led us forth from the land of Egypt–we have no knowledge of what has happened to him.
    41And they [even] made a calf in those days, and offered sacrifice to the idol and made merry and exulted in the work of their [own] hands.
    42But God turned [away from them] and delivered them up to worship and serve the host (stars) of heaven, as it is written in the book of the prophets: Did you [really] offer to Me slain beasts and sacrifices for forty years in the wilderness (desert), O house of Israel?
    43[No!] You took up the tent (the portable temple) of Moloch and carried it [with you], and the star of the god Remphan, the images which you [yourselves] made that you might worship them; and I will remove you [carrying you away into exile] beyond Babylon

    This STAR GOD’s SYMBOL was the 6 POINTED STAR. The same star Jewish people use today, they carried it forward from bible times.

    END OF STORY.

    >> because the future of the world is at stake.

    The future of the world is going to come to an end whether this symbol is of God or not. You clearly do not understand bible prophecy regarding the end times AT ALL.

    Now I suggest you read this website to familiarize yourself with genuine Christian biblical knowledge on the end times, etc.

    otherwise, please bumble away…

  • Deborah (Discerning the World)

    Jason

    I see on your website which is totally filled with occult lies. You say the following:

    “Notice how the Star of David is indeed the perfect symbol for which to represent all of God’s Creation, not just Heaven (Triangle UP or Eye Above), or Earth alone (Triangle DOWN or Eye Below), but the entire continuum (both Heaven AND Earth) initially created by God at the beginning of Time. Seems to me, the Star of David is indeed referenced with the very first sentence found in the Judeo/Christian Bible. It is one of the reasons why the Catholic Church still tends to call the hexagram the Star of Creation, or Creator’s Star.” —> http://starofdavid777.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-star-of-david-and-book-of-genesis.html

    And then you quote In the beginning, “God created the Heavens and the Earth – Genesis 1:1”

    Pardon me while I laugh. You quote that verse to back up occult teaching? God created the heavens and the earth and the planets and the animals and humans – mankind takes satanic knowledge given to him by Satan – the above, what you wrote is satanic knowledge no where to be found in the bible. You read into 1 verse of the bible, the star of David is not referenced in that verse. , my goodness.

    The Triangle up and Triangle Down is Satanic – NOT Godly, (AS ABOVE SO BELOW) is as satanic as can be!
    The All Seeing EYE is Satanic – NOT Godly –

    None of this stuff is found in the bible. It’s man made nonsense supposedly made Divine.

    The Catholic Church is Babylonian religion disguised as a so called ‘Christian’ fatih. Please wake up and smell the flowers you are buzzing on.

  • Robbie

    >>>Please wake up and the flowers you are buzzing on.<<<

    Little correction Debs…
    I had a look at Jason's FB and Blogs. Those are not Bees, they are blue flies… and they are not flowers either the are hovering over.

  • Deborah (Discerning the World)

    Robbie

    Bwahahahaha ROTFL

  • Willie

    Point me out please were in the bible is the “star of david” I asked this to so many scolars and nobody could tell me. I know it is satanic of origing and totaly not of Christian faith. Do away with that false symbol.

  • Sharon

    Jason, Jason, Jason…slow down before you pop a cork! The Star of David is NOT a Godly symbol. The Jews don’t even recognize it as such. 80% of the Jews in Israel today are atheists. They do not believe in God at all. Why the Star of David was chosen to be on Israel’s Flag is beyond me. Putting an Olive Tree on it would be far better. That star is compromised to two triangles. It is an ancient Babylonian symbol. Hitler using it on the clothing of Jews was just another slap in their faces.

    You need to listen and learn from Deborah…she know what she is talking about.

    Jason Corning wrote:

    Deborah (Discerning the World) wrote:

    it states in the bible they took the star from the Babylonian religion they so eagerly followed. Capiche?

    Now flock like a horde of bumble bees to another cherry blossom and take your nastiness with you.

    No way, Fraulein because the future of the world is at stake. Once again, the Protestant Christian Church authorities who originally authorized those Stars of David to be placed on their Churches were far more learned than you and they deliberately chose the Star of David because, in fact, there are centuries and centuries of historical evidence proving that the Star of David is an authentic Christian symbol, period. Your paranoid delusions of KNOWING Scripture is laughable. Here are some fair and square challenges for you:

    – Name ONE Christian scholar of any standing that also believes the Star of David to be the evil images mentioned in Amos and Acts. Just one.
    – Explain how these passages in any manner prove in any way that the Magen David is the symbol being referred to.
    – Name ONE published book (with actual pages composed of paoper) that connects the Six-pointed Magen David with evil, rather than good.

    I doth quote the following FACTS:

    ______________________________________________

    The hexagram, as the Seal of Solomon, is generally…believed to have protective powers and magical properties…[It] has a long history of providing protection from demons and evil spirits. In some magical practices, it is associated with exorcisms.

    – Who Knew Two Triangles Could Do So Much?: The Hexagram, by Rebecca, themagicalbuffet.com

    The Seal of Solomon dates back to the Bronze Ages and is a powerful symbol with many mystical and magickal qualities…the Seal of Solomon is believed to offer protection against both enemies and the evil eye, control spirits, and bring good luck in all aspects of life.

    – Seal of Solomon, Amulet Power, Angelfire.com

    In the middle Ages it was common to find amulets and talismans which reproduced the Seal of Solomon…It was believed that these magic drawings protected the wearer from the influence of demons and evil spirits, or just bad luck. It was also common to record the seal on a frame or lintel of the entrance door to homes…with the same protective character against the spirits or to potential fires.

    – The Hexagram, Star of David or Seal of Solomon, Looking4thetruth77.blogspot.com

    Bring it on Fraulein!

  • lindar68

    Here’s an interesting article I found when I googled the “pagan origins of the Star of David”:

    http://www.1timothy4-13.com/files/teach/magendavid.html

    “The burning bush is THE REAL SYMBOL of the Jewish Nation and not the Star of David. The Star of David (so called) is definitely from pagan origins and is not approved by God Almighty in the scriptures.”

  • Deborah (Discerning the World)

    lindar68

    Thank you so much for this information, it just proves what I’ve been saying all along.

  • Sharon

    The real flag should have had a Fig Tree and here is why:
    Luke 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
    Luke 21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
    Luke 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
    Luke 21:23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
    Luke 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
    Luke 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
    Luke 21:26 Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
    Luke 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
    Luke 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
    Luke 21:29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
    Luke 21:30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
    Luke 21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
    Luke 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
    Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

    While Hitler made Jews wear the six pointed “star” it is really much older than that. Just as the Swastika it is an ancient Babylonian symbol. So is the cross. Those verses above concern the Nation of Israel.

    So we are closer than ever to hearing, Ya’ll come on home! :o)

  • Edmund

    One step in the right direction.

  • Jason Corning

    The Bible refers to the Star of David in a metaphorical way countless times, but is mentioned specifically at least twice (Numbers 24:17 and Revelation 22:16). Numerous sources online agree with this-

    The magi’s coming to Jerusalem in order to pay homage to the king of the Jews shows that they seek in Israel, in the messianic light of the Star of David, the one who will be king of the nations.

    Footnotes: Matthew 2:2, Numbers 24:17-19, Revelation 22:16

    – Catechism of the Catholic Church, p.122

    __________________________________________

    In Revelation 22:16 he says, “I, Yeshua, have sent my angel to testify these things to you for the assemblies. I am the root and the offspring of David; – the Bright and Morning Star-“. Notice how the symbol of the star is connected to David….Contrary to those who either are known anti- semites, or to those who have been deceived by their teaching, the concept of the Star Of David is thoroughly founded in the scriptures, and found early on in the history of our people.

    – Star of David, SynagogueCHM.com

    __________________________________________

    Let us be mindful that the symbol of the Morningstar is also used to designate Jesus Christ, himself…The “bright Morningstar” calls himself also the “root and offspring of David” (Rev. 22:16) who received authority from his Father (Rev. 2:26). He will give this authority, symbolized again with the Morningstar (“And to him, I will give the Morningstar, Rev. 2:28) to the victor, “who keeps to my ways to the end” (Rev. 2:26). Jesus is the “star (that) will come out of Jacob” (Nb 24:17-19) as announced by Bileam. This star, the “Star of David” is a symbol of the kingship of David. The prophets had written that the Messiah would come from the lineage of David. The symbol was thus not for David personally, but a symbol for the Messiah, the King of Kings. Jesus Christ, the Messiah and “Morningstar” endows with his messianic authority and light, those who follow him and persevere in his service.

    – Q: What is the origin and meaning of the expression stella matutina or morning star?, University of Dayton

    _________________

    Here is how the biblical passages just mentioned specifically refer to the 2 triangle structure of the Star of David-

    A star will march forth out of Jacob, and a scepter will rise out of Israel. He will crush the skulls of Moab, and the heads of all the sons of Sheth.

    – Numbers 24:17

    Both Triangles- A star will march forth out of Jacob
    Upward Triangle- A Scepter will rise out of Israel
    Downward Triangle- He will crush the skull of Moab

    _________________

    I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the Churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star. – Revelation 22:16

    THE DOWNWARD TRIANGLE: the Root…of David
    THE UPWARD TRIANGLE: the Offspring of David
    BOTH TRIANGLES AS ONE: the bright Morning Star

    – Star of David = Jesus Christ = Morning Star = Star of David

  • Deborah (Discerning the World)

    Dear Jason

    My goodness but you really do know how to ‘read’ into scripture what is not there, just because the bible mentions a star does not in any way mean up and down triangles crossing over each other etc etc etc. Nonsense. That star is Jesus Christ and He is the Son of God and is not represented by the ‘star of David’ which is a Babylonian symbol.

    You used Catholic and Jewish rabbinical sources to substantiate your claims (both are false doctrines) and then add to the bible which makes it even worse.

    And just a note we are not anti-Semitic because we know for a fact that the star of David SIGN is not Jewish at all, but Babylonian.

    We love the Jewish nation and pray for peace in Israel and that will only happen when Jesus Christ returns and saves His chosen people, Israel.

  • Dear Ms. Deborah,

    As long as you are not a hater, and I truly do not think you are a hater, then in better times such as today it’s okay to be mistaken both historically and biblically. The Bible says nothing about the Hexagram being Babylonian (Hindu maybe but I think the ancient Hebrews probably brought it to India not vice versa). I am at peace with your opposition to the hexagram. This is because even though I ascribe to the most ancient of Judeo-Christian legends that the Hexagram is a holy symbol of goodness that is diametrically opposed to the pentagram (THE ORIGINAL emblem of the serpent in the garden- Samael the Devil), it’s still okay to believe BOTH are bad news. Indeed, one could easily claim that the Cross is totally pagan, but I’m quite sure if Hell’s Gates opened to release a few hungry vampires then even you would reach for it to defend yourself, God bless.

  • Jason Corning wrote:

    Indeed, one could easily claim that the Cross is totally pagan, but I’m quite sure if Hell’s Gates opened to release a few hungry vampires then even you would reach for it to defend yourself, God bless.

    What? Are you a lover of Hollywood movies replete with vampires and crosses and then say “God Bless?” No true Christian will ever reach for a cross to protect him or herself against evil. How do I know?

    And they overcame him by THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. (Rev 12:11)

    Educate yourself and read this article on Wikipedia.

    Neither Deborah nor I are haters. Or should I rather say we hate it when Christians try to soft-soap the evil and lies many are spreading among the brethren.

    Yes, and neither does the Bible say outright that Roman Catholicism is in fact a Babylonian religion. We needed someone like Alexander Hislop to inform us that it is. So what’s your point?

  • Jason Corning

    You either have a very short memory or you don’t read, if you scroll up you will see that I have exposed you already as a FAKE Christian or whatever you are, please go away.

    And I reject your god’s blessings as it’s a false god that you follow, hexagram and all.

  • David

    I have had a white star off david and a white crucifex appear before me in the most purist off white like no other I have seen before (pure and calming) and I had no control over my self/body at the time off this event!! Can some one please explain this event and y it happened to me ?…

  • David

    Where were you at the time? What do you believe i.e., what church do you go too?

  • Mystic Vision

    You’re right The Star Of David is a spiritual sign. It is the Seal Of Creation. The fact that a religion or a spiritual movement uses a star is a beautiful thing. And when they get the meaning right it’s even more miraculous. Many of those religions maligned here do get it right. So a Six-pointed star is an ancient symbol just like the essay said though it doesnt support it’s worth. And it’s wide spread usage proves a unity in thought if not practice, not a conspiracy. Really the essay should have been about the symbol’s meaning because that would have shown it as legitimate. It’s not a pagan invention it is part of God’s Mystery, always has been, always will be. I realize non-Christians and witches have been here since the beginning of recorded time but that symbol was made in Heaven long before then.

  • Mystic Vision
    Your pseudonym says it all. Jesus did not think much of spiritual signs.

    Mat 16:4
    (4)  A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

  

  

  

Terms and Conditions for Submission of Comments

Is the Star of David a Godly Symbol?

Terms and Conditions:terms and conditions

Because this world is becoming more evil by the minute and Discerning the World is coming under attack more often from people with some very nasty dispositions, we now have ‘Terms and Conditions for Submission of Comments‘ which you need to agree too before you can comment – this is to protect us and you when you comment on this website.  If you are not here to harm Discerning the World and it’s authors, please by all means comment, however if you are here to cause harm in any way, please don’t comment.

The following conditions does not mean that the authors of Discerning The World permit only opinions that are in agreement with us. This also does not mean that we fear dissenting opinions or ideas that are contrary to the beliefs that we hold (and/or that of the revealed Scriptures of the Holy Bible).

The following describes the Terms and Conditions applicable to your use of the “Comments” submission service at the Discerning the World website.

BY CLICKING THE “POST COMMENT” BUTTON FOR YOUR COMMENT, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND ABIDE BY ALL OF THE RULES AND POLICIES SET FORTH HEREIN. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR COMMENT TO DISCERNING THE WORLD WEB SITE.

  1. Discerning the World owns and operates the DiscerningtheWorld.com site (the “Site”). Your use of the features on the Site allowing for submission of a “Comment” is subject to the following terms and conditions (the “Terms”). Discerning the World may modify these Terms at any time without notice to you by posting revised Terms on the Site. Your submission of a “Comment” to the Site following the modification of these Terms shall constitute your binding acceptance of and agreement to be bound by those modified Terms.
  2. By submitting a “Comment” you are accepting these Terms through your clicking of the “POST COMMENT” button.
  3. Discerning the World has the right, but not the obligation, to take any of the following actions, in Discerning the World’s sole unfettered discretion, at any time, and for any reason or no reason, without providing any prior notice:
    1. Restrict, suspend or terminate your ability to submit “Comments,” to the Site;
    2. Change, suspend or modify all or any part of the Site or the features thereof;
    3. Refuse or remove any material posted on, submitted to or communicated through the Site by you;
    4. Deactivate or delete any screen names, profiles or other information associated with you; or
    5. Alter, modify, discontinue or remove any comment off the Site.
  4. You agree that, when using or accessing the Site or any of the features thereof, you will not:
    1. Violate any applicable law or regulation;
    2. Interfere with or damage the Site, through hacking or any other means;
    3. Transmit or introduce to the Site or to other users thereof any viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, flood pings, denial of service attacks, or any other harmful code or processes;
    4. Transmit or submit harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, deceptive, fraudulent, obscene, indecent, vulgar, lewd, violent, hateful or otherwise objectionable content or material;
    5. Transmit or submit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or spam;
    6. Stalk or harass any user or visitor to the Site; or
    7. Use the content or information available on the Site for any improper purpose.
  5. You retain the Copyright of any “Comment” you submit to Discerning the World. By submitting a “Comment” to Discerning the World, you agree to grant Discerning the World a irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual license to use the material or commentary that you have submitted, in any medium and in any manner that Discerning the World may, in its sole unfettered discretion, choose.
  6. By submitting a “Comment” to Discerning the World, you agree to comply with the following rules concerning such submissions:
    1.  You agree not to include in your “Comment”:
      1. Any false, defamatory, libelous, abusive, threatening, racially offensive, sexually explicit, obscene, harmful, vulgar, hateful, illegal, or otherwise objectionable content;
      2. Any content that may be seen as stalking or harassing of any other Site contributors;
      3. Any content that personally attacks an individual. (An example of a personal attack is posting negative comments about an individual in a way meant to demean that person. Note that posting your opinion about someone’s ideas, doctrine or actions is not a personal attack);
      4. Any content that discloses private details concerning any person, for eg., phone numbers that have not been made public, photos that are not in the public domain, residential address that is not public, ID numbers, Social Security numbers, email addresses that are not in the public domain, etc.;
      5. Any content that you know to be false, misleading, or fraudulent;
      6. Any use of profanity;
      7. Any content including advertisements or otherwise focused on the promotion of commercial events or businesses, or any request for or solicitation of money, goods, or services for private gain;
      8. Any content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
      9. Any content directly or indirectly soliciting responses from minors (defined as anyone under 18 years of age).
  7. FAIR USE NOTICE:
    1. If any part of the “Comment” is not your original work, it is your responsibility to add the name of the third party, name the book with page number or a link (url) to the website where you obtained the information.
    2. Your “Comment” may contain Copyrighted material, the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. You are however allowed to make such material available in your “Comment” in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc.  This constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this Site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to:http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.
    3. If you wish to use copyrighted material from a website or any other medium for purposes to add to your “Comment” that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. (Fair Use means you may quote from copyrighted sources, but you may not publish the whole article, book, etc., in your “Comment”.)
  8. You are solely responsible for the “Comment” you upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available to others using this Web Site. Under no circumstances will Discerning the World be liable in any way for any “Comment” posted on or made available through this Site by you or any third party.
  9. You understand that all “Comments” on this Site are pre-screened or moderated. That means that every “Comment” needs to be approved by Discerning the World before it appears in the “Comments” section.  This is not an automatic process.  Discerning the World does this for SPAM reasons.
  10. Discerning the World has the right (but not the obligation) in their sole unfettered discretion to remove any “Comment” that is posted on or available through the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, Discerning the World has the right to remove any “Comment” that violates these Terms or is otherwise deemed objectionable by Discerning the World in its sole discretion.
  11. You understand that Discerning the World in their sole unfettered discretion is not obligated and can not be forced in any manner, be it legal or otherwise to remove any “Comment” that is posted on or made available through the Site by you.
  12. When submitting a “Comment,” you will be asked to provide your name and your email address. While Discerning the World does not object to your use of a pseudonym instead of your actual name, Discerning the World reserves the right, but not the obligation, to reject, change, disallow, or discontinue at any time any submission name that, in Discerning the World’s sole unfettered discretion, is objectionable or inappropriate for any reason. Discerning the World requires the submission of your email address, but Discerning the World warrants that it will not publish your email address to an outside third party without your consent.
  13. Discerning the World does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. From time to time, Discerning the World may contact you personally via email. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge and understand that the “Comments” feature of the Site is designed to permit users to post information and commentary for public review and comment and thus you hereby waive any expectation of privacy you may have concerning any likeness or information provided to the Site by you.
  14. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of or visitors to the Site.
    1. Discerning the World shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor interactions utilizing the “Comments” facility of the Site, between you and other users of or visitors to the Site. You acknowledge and agree that Discerning the World, or any third party shall not be, and you shall not seek to hold them, responsible for any harm or damage whatsoever arising in connection with your interaction with other users of or visitors to the Site.
    2. Discerning the World does not verify any information posted to or communicated via the “Comments” sections of the Site by users and does not guarantee the proper use of such information by any party who may have access to the information. You acknowledge and agree that Discerning the World does not assume, and shall not have, any responsibility for the content of messages or other communications sent or received by users of the Site.
  15. The Site contains content created by or on behalf of Discerning the World as well as content provided by third parties.
    1. Discerning the World does not control, and makes no representations or warranties about, any third party content, including such content that may be accessible directly on the Site or through links from the Site to third party sites.
    2. You acknowledge that, by viewing the Site or communications transmitted through the Site, you may be exposed to third party content that is false, offensive or otherwise objectionable to you or others, and you agree that under no circumstances shall Discerning the World be liable in any way, under any theory, for any third party content.
    3. You acknowledge and agree that the Site, and the contents thereof, is proprietary to Discerning the World and is protected by copyright. You agree that you will not access or use the Site or any of the content thereof for any reason or purpose other than your personal, non-commercial use.
    4. You agree that you will not systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site by any means, and you will not compile a database or directory of information extracted from the Site.
    5. You agree that you will not reproduce, distribute or make derivative works of the Site or any of the contents thereof without the express consent of Discerning the World.
    6. You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Discerning the World, its affiliates and licensees, and all of their officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from and against any and all liabilities, losses, claims, damages, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) in connection with any claim arising out of your use of the Site or violation of any of these Terms.

DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.

  • YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER DISCERNING THE WORLD, ITS AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE.
  • THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMLPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
  • THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF OR USE, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT DISCERNING THE WORLD SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF USERS OF THE SITE OR THIRD PARTIES, AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH THE YOU THE COMMENTER.
  • IN NO EVENT WILL DISCERNING THE WORLD, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF THEY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING FROM, RELATING TO OR CONNECTED WITH THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR ANY OTHER MATTER ARISING FROM, RELATING TO OR CONNECTED WITH THE SITE OR THESE TERMS.

16. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Discerning the World and you with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede any previous oral or written agreement between us with respect to such subject matter.

Thank you!