Fire of The Holy Spirit – Judgment or Anointing?

Deborah Ellish is the author of the above article. Discerning the World is an internet Christian Ministry based in Johannesburg South Africa. Tom Lessing and Deborah Ellish both own Discerning the World. For more information see the About this Website page below the comments section.

1. Discerning The World says:

Tobie

>> Be careful to take one verse….very dangerous

Very dangerous? Really? Says who? If that’s the case then by your logic, reading a verse incorrectly is also very dangerous.

Re-read my article. I clearly said I am going to speak about a verse that is used a lot by those who like to try back up their Fire as being totally 100% good. I am speaking about people who speak of a false counterfeit spirit as being the Holy Spirit. I mention that I am speaking about people who’s Holy Spirit is nothing but fire, call down fire, throwing fire, casting fire, slaying people with fire, transferring fire , speaking of the Holy Spirit as burring coals of fire, etc, etc, etc. This ‘holy’ spirit surrounds people who speak nothing but lies, preach a different gospel to that of what Jesus Christ preached and what the anointed Apostles and Disciples of the Bible preached. They were given massive power to overcome the most horrendous obstacles ahead them and at the same time write down the Word of God so that all may hear and come to believe in Jesus Christ.

The Word of God is a complete and final testimony of Jesus the Son of God when He walked this earth, His power, His Majesty, His miracles, His sacrifice to shed His blood for our sin, His resurrection, His Reign and His second coming. The Word of God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

We don’t need Fire thrown at us and called down from heaven; we don’t need power when we have the Word of God, when we are truly saved we have Jesus in our lives not on the outside!

>> Clearly in Acts 2 the Holy Spirit came on them (the disciples – of the real Jesus!) and they received power

Again, I am speaking about people who WANT physical power, physical experiences, signs and wonders because just believing is not enough and refuse to test the spirit as per 1 John 4.

2. Tobie says:

You can’t make this comment based on one verse that speaks about the Holy Spirit and fire. Clearly in Acts 2 the Holy Spirit came on them (the disciples – of the real Jesus!) and they received power, not judgment. Be careful to take one verse and base your who view of the Bible and the Father, Son and Holy Spirit on that one verse. Very dangerous. You have opened my eyes though to the fact that fire does not only refer to power (like with the disciples) but also is a cleansing fire for the believer. And yes a destructive fire for the unbeliever. God bless! That is of course, the only One and True God – God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

3. cynthia says:

HOLY SPIRIT I LOVE YOU

4. Am the founder of Jesus Victory Ministry based in Uganda and ask to know how we can be connected with you for ministry an dKingdom expansion.
    Blessings.

5. Discerning The World says:

*sighs* and the fire spreads…

6. Michael Anthony says:

This was actually a very good article, ’tis a mystery why it had little interest. I was stuck in a minsitry where this was prevalent (mid ’90s). I actually heard prophecies such as ‘The Lord says, take my fire to my people’. We thought it was a holy fire to ignite the body of Christ.

Aaahh, such biblical ignorance.

As they say – Charismatics walk right past the miracle looking for the spectacular.

7. Am pastor Kafeero Kezekia and still waiting for an answer from you. By the grace of god am now teaching on family Radio 105.3 fm here in Uganda every saturday from 8:30 pm to 9:00 pm.
    Blessings in Jesus’ Name.

Pastor Kafeero Kezekia

>> and still waiting for an answer from you.

How can you be waiting for an answer from me when I have no idea who you are.

Anyhow great attempt at advertising your radio segment times on my blog. I hope you actually preach the gospel of Jesus Christ, and not some false doctrine of Latter Rain or Word of Faith rubbish.

9. Michael Anthony says:

Dear Pastor Kafeero,

I had a look at your website…there is one little problem. Yes, Jesus Christ our Lord still heals the sick today, as and when he wills. Yes, Jesus Christ, the creator of all things can intervene and perform what we call miracles; according to his wisdom and according to his will. But that is not the Gospel.

One purpose of this website is to help clarify the need for REPENTANCE (true, Godly sorrowful, biblical repentance – being broken and contrite over one’s sinful condition) and also the forgiveness of SINS through the complete work of the cross and putting our faith not on our own works, but on in HIS work for us. That leads to true salvation. The other purpose of this site is to warn others of the false gospels, false teachers, false conversions and the seduction of Christianity. This will lead many astray in these last days.

Signs, wonders and miracles are not necessarily evidence of God’s work, Satan can also perform miracles, sign and wonders. Israel, the nation that came out of Egypt saw more signs, wonders and miracles than any other generation in history – yet they all perished in the desert (because of their unbelief and unwillingness to repent). Yet, on your website you seem to make mention of miracles and healings. You make mention of Jesus, the word of God, the kingdom. Yet, Jesus Christ, the substitutionary atonement BY HIS Vicarious death on the cross is not even mentioned on your website. But miracles and crusades are….

Jesus said to go and make disciples of all nations, TEACHING THEM… not performing signs and wonders so that they can believe. Man’s wickedness wants to see signs and wonders. True faith believes in what it cannot see.

Is this what you preach on your radio program?

Michael

Thanks for looking at his website… I hope he comes back to comment.

11. hector says:

very very interesting.

12. hector says:

Sir. You don’t even have the patience’s to humbly argue a point, you get upset when someone contradicts you. So, I guess you feel, everybody else is lost but you.

13. Michael Anthony says:

Hector,

>>>Extremism. That’s what’s keeping us apart, instead of uniting like the early church we are just growing apart.>>>

No, it’s the truth that keeping us apart. Truth divides, that’s what Jesus said. You alluding to that being extremism?

>>> Sir. You don’t even have the patience’s to humbly argue a point, you get upset when someone contradicts you.>>>

Sir, exactly who and what are you addressing? Can you be less cryptic and make an actual point? Then ‘humbly’ ‘argue’ it yourself? (I would have used the word ‘defend’ but you seem to think other people get upset so I guess in the context of your thinking ‘arguing’ is appropriate)

14. Amanda says:

Hector:

The Word of God is extreme:

as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.” “Their throat is an open grave; they use their tongues to deceive.” “The venom of asps is under their lips.” “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.” “Their feet are swift to shed blood; in their paths are ruin and misery, and the way of peace they have not known.” “There is no fear of God before their eyes.” Now we know that whatever the law says it speaks to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be stopped, and the whole world may be held accountable to God. For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin. (Romans 3:10-20)

Jesus Christ is extreme:

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
    (Matthew 25:41)

So you, Hector, have an extreme problem, don’t you agree? You require an extreme solution. What is your solution to your extreme problem?

15. hector says:

[AdMo: Edited 17 Dec 2009. You have not come to discuss this topic, you are are here just to argue, a troublemaker. You have been blacklisted.]

16. nj-yogini says:

Why is there so much focus on this website on the past and future as opposed to the gift of the present? Tis quite a shame to forgo the blessing. Most of what i read here is violent communication by non-living people.

nj-yongini

Heyyyy, you are back! I thought you were going to run away from this blog and never return. Did you go and do the research I politely asked you to do regarding the catholic religion you were caught up in that you thought was Christianity?

18. Barbara says:

Blessings to you I”m so glad that, you have done the research. I too have been searching the scriptures of the Bible, which teaches us and warns us about seducing Spirits, also warns us to test every spirit to see if they are of God. I wanted to share this experience I had at this prayer meeting, so we also start out with prayer and giving thanks for who He is! We were interupted by this woman who started speaking, which was not of the Holy Spirit, but of another, nothing she spoke was bibical. The Holy Spirit was showing me that what she was speaking was not of God. it was of comdenation and Judgement, and saying that if we are luke warm He will spue us from His mouth! so the Lord was showing me that what was taking place was false. also then this man got up and said He was sent to Baptise us with more of the fire of the Holy Spirit, telling us if we refused to come up and receive the Anointing of Holy Spirit fire, we would be considered luke warm and would be spued from His mouth. I couldn’t beleive my what my ears were hearing, right a way I got a heavey decernment in my Spirit, that this was taking place, was strange fire, I had read about itin the Bible how it took place in the old testement! I couldn’t beleive all the beleivers were been taken in and going up to receive this fake Fire anointing.! I was even being asked to go up and that I could be set free! I told this woman that I don’t need more fire! all I need is the The Holy Spirit! not some fire anointing! this is not bibical! I was told by Holy Spirit to just watch, and be silent, because what was going to take pllace. so they all rushed up there to receive this fake fire anointing, which was not of God. See how God’s people can be deceived if they don’t know the Bible,and truely are being led by the Holy Spirit. God was showing me that they were under a demonic traance luring them to receive this so called anointng of Holy Fire! I was so sick to see this taking place! people being slain in the Spirit and the man doing the anointing of the people was shaking. then he started going around to those who didn’t go up, and started anointing them I felt the promting in my Spirit to leave, so I got up and left! I wanted to share this experience with all of you. that if you’re not listening to the Holy Spirit and be prayed up before you go to any event, plus have the whole armor of God on, you can be deceived! We will not alsways agree with one another! but we should not turn aganist our brothers and sisters, we should pray for the the Holy Spirit to revil the truth to them through His Word and that their eyes would be open to the truth! what was going on was the spirit of withcraft being released and those who were caught up in the traance were being deceived! my question is should I take this to the Pastor of this peticular church, and show him in the Bible that what took place was not of the Holy Spirit! Blessings to you