Antisemitism in South Africa
Antisemitism in South Africa
Desmond Tutu from South Africa wrote in the foreword to the book “Speaking The Truth: Zionism, Israel and Occupation,” edited by the Roman Catholic scholar, Michael Prior” the following dishonouring words:
“Now, alas, we see apartheid in Israel . . . The apartheid government [in South Africa] was very powerful, but today it no longer exists. Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Pinochet, Milosovic and Idi Amin were all powerful, but, in the end, they bit the dust.”
The sick irony of it all is that while Tutu compares Israel to the atrocities of Hitler and his cohorts he, who is Archbishop Desmond Tutu, and his cronies are calling for extreme boycotts against Israel, in much the same way the Nazis called for boycotts in 1933. “Juden Raus” was their rallying cry which eventually led to the holocaust.
The dishonouring and ill-treatment of the Jews is tantamount to the dishonouring of the blessing God promised through Abraham which is “salvation is from the Jews.” To reject the Jews is to reject the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Jesus Christ who himself was a Jew. Sadly anti-Semitism is the fastest growing evils of our world today and it is even more heart-breaking to see how many gentile Christians believe the lie that God has taken away the Kingdom from them and given it to the church.
Replacement theology, one of the more subtle forms of anti-Semitism and the notion that the church has replaced Israel and that all her spiritual gifts, benefits and privileges have been transferred to the New Israel (the church/the elect) because the nation of Israel has irrevocably lost all her blessings by virtue of her rebellion and rejection of Christ has been going around for many centuries.
The most common view amongst Catholics and the majority of Protestants is that God has completely rescinded His covenants with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, relating specifically to the nation of Israel and has taken His promised Kingdom away from her to give it to the church. St. Augustine’s book, “The City of God,” promoting the lie that the Millennium Kingdom was inaugurated on earth when the church was instituted in the New Testament after the death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ and the subsequent outpouring of His Holy Spirit, contributed a great deal to instil Replacement Theology in the minds of gentile Christians to this very day.
St. Paul’s epistle to the Romans, the longest he wrote, is a monumental and very compassionate critique on the gentile Christians’ increasing animosity toward the Jewish Christians in Rome. Anti-Semitism and Replacement Theology began to rear its ugly head when the Emperor Claudius decreed that all the Jews be banished from Rome (Acts 18: 2). This atrocious step prompted the Gentile Christians to reach the conclusion that God had turned His back on Israel never to restore them as a nation and to their original relationship with Him as He had done so many times in the past.
When Emperor Nero overturned Claudius’ decree and invited the Jews back to Rome because of the benefits the city could reap from their brilliant economic expertise, the Gentile Christians refused to allow them back in their fellowship. Sadly, even to this day Jewish Christians stand aloof of Gentile Christians because of their erroneous interpretation of God’s promises to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Paul’s main purpose was to nip the boastful and inordinate pride of the Gentile Christians in the bud and to vindicate God’s eternal promises to His peculiar people with regards to the remnant’s inheritance of His Millennial Kingdom on earth.
The allegorical or spiritualized method of the a-millennial interpretation of the 1000 years of peace on earth was the natural outflow of replacement theology because it was the only way to incorporate a 1000 years into a much longer period (more than 2000 years) since the death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ. We must always bear in mind that a promise of God is a prophecy fulfilled the moment it is given even though it may take thousands of years before it is actually fulfilled. Had this not been true Almighty God would have been guilty of His own indictment of false prophets in Deuteronomy 18: 22, “When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.” Numbers 23 : 19 teaches very clearly that God is not a man that He should lie and He always brings to fruition His promises.
Therefore, we can be sure that God will fulfil all His promises in regards to His people. How is he going to do it? Although it is not and never will be God’s will that the Gentile nations hate and treat the Jews with contempt, (believe it or not, some Gentile Christians believe the very opposite), He is going to use the world-wide anti-Semitism and hatred of the Jews to draw the nations to the valley of Jehoshaphat where He is going to judge them with His sword of righteousness. Listen to what he says in Isaiah 45:
“For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; I, Who say to you, Fear not, I will help you! Fear not, you worm of Jacob, you men of Israel! I will help you, says the Lord; your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel. Behold, I will make you to be a new, sharp, threshing instrument having teeth; you shall thresh the mountains and beat them small, and shall make the hills as chaff. You shall winnow them and the wind shall carry them away, and the tempest or whirlwind shall scatter them. And you shall rejoice in the Lord, you shall glory in the Holy One of Israel.”
God commands us to pray for the peace of Jerusalem (Psalm 122: 6) So let’s do it with compassion and great passion. Jesus wept over Jerusalem. What do we do?
I urge you to read the following article on The Berean Call and to watch a video they provided for free.
The Bible makes it very clear what God will do to nations who treat his people, the Jews, with contempt.
“Son of man, because Tyre said concerning Jerusalem, ‘Aha, the gate of the peoples is broken; it has swung open to me. I shall be replenished, now that she is laid waste,
Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I am against you, O Tyre, and will bring up many nations against you, as the sea brings up its waves. They shall destroy the walls of Tyre and break down her towers, and I will scrape her soil from her and make her a bare rock. She shall be in the midst of the sea a place for the spreading of nets, for I have spoken, declares the Lord GOD.
(2) Son of man, because that Tyrus hath said against Jerusalem, Aha, she is broken that was the gates of the people: she is turned unto me: I shall be replenished, now she is laid waste:
(3) Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Tyrus, and will cause many nations to come up against thee, as the sea causeth his waves to come up.
(4) And they shall destroy the walls of Tyrus, and break down her towers: I will also scrape her dust from her, and make her like the top of a rock.
(5) It shall be a place for the spreading of nets in the midst of the sea: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD: and it shall become a spoil to the nations.
(6) And her daughters which are in the field shall be slain by the sword; and they shall know that I am the LORD.
(7) For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will bring upon Tyrus Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon, a king of kings, from the north, with horses, and with chariots, and with horsemen, and companies, and much people.
(8) He shall slay with the sword thy daughters in the field: and he shall make a fort against thee, and cast a mount against thee, and lift up the buckler against thee.
(9) And he shall set engines of war against thy walls, and with his axes he shall break down thy towers.
(10) By reason of the abundance of his horses their dust shall cover thee: thy walls shall shake at the noise of the horsemen, and of the wheels, and of the chariots, when he shall enter into thy gates, as men enter into a city wherein is made a breach.
(11) With the hoofs of his horses shall he tread down all thy streets: he shall slay thy people by the sword, and thy strong garrisons shall go down to the ground.
(12) And they shall make a spoil of thy riches, and make a prey of thy merchandise: and they shall break down thy walls, and destroy thy pleasant houses: and they shall lay thy stones and thy timber and thy dust in the midst of the water.
(13) And I will cause the noise of thy songs to cease; and the sound of thy harps shall be no more heard.
(14) And I will make thee like the top of a rock: thou shalt be a place to spread nets upon; thou shalt be built no more: for I the LORD have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.
(15) Thus saith the Lord GOD to Tyrus; Shall not the isles shake at the sound of thy fall, when the wounded cry, when the slaughter is made in the midst of thee?
(16) Then all the princes of the sea shall come down from their thrones, and lay away their robes, and put off their broidered garments: they shall clothe themselves with trembling; they shall sit upon the ground, and shall tremble at every moment, and be astonished at thee.
(17) And they shall take up a lamentation for thee, and say to thee, How art thou destroyed, that wast inhabited of seafaring men, the renowned city, which wast strong in the sea, she and her inhabitants, which cause their terror to be on all that haunt it!
(18) Now shall the isles tremble in the day of thy fall; yea, the isles that are in the sea shall be troubled at thy departure.
(19) For thus saith the Lord GOD; When I shall make thee a desolate city, like the cities that are not inhabited; when I shall bring up the deep upon thee, and great waters shall cover thee;
(20) When I shall bring thee down with them that descend into the pit, with the people of old time, and shall set thee in the low parts of the earth, in places desolate of old, with them that go down to the pit, that thou be not inhabited; and I shall set glory in the land of the living;
(21) I will make thee a terror, and thou shalt be no more: though thou be sought for, yet shalt thou never be found again, saith the Lord GOD.
The Berean Call is pleased to offer a special reprint of Paul Wilkinson’s booklet, “Prophets Who Prophesy Lies in My Name.” It is made available free of charge as a courtesy of the author and the ministry, in order that it may be distributed as widely as possible. You may copy this booklet in its entirety (for free distribution only) or view and download a color PDF version from our website. Additional printed copies are also available freeof charge, with a donation of any amount toward postage and handling. A corresponding DVD presentation by the author is also available. See inside back cover for more information, or visit our website.
The booklet can be downloaded here.