Angus Buchan’s Holy Ghost Chaos or…
Angus Buchan’s Holy Ghost Chaos or….was it Something Else.
This was posted by Angus Buchan on his Facebook page. A most bizarre letter to the public detailing his trip to the Dead Sea. Please see my notes in GREEN.
Letter from Angus Buchan:
The young man that accompanied me on my trip to Israel, after experiencing the phenomenon that I am about to relate to you said to me that he does not believe that we will see anything like this again in our lifetime.
I was asked to be the keynote speaker for the event at ‘The Feast of the Tabernacle 2012’ down at the Dead Sea, at Ein Gedi. It is an annual event that has been taking place for over thirty years. There was a crowd there of approximately four and a half thousand pilgrims from every corner of the earth (very significant), because at the time of the visitation of the Holy Spirit to the disciples in the ‘upper room’ people had congregated in Jerusalem from all the corners of the earth as well.
[DTW note: What a load of nonsense. The Pentecost in the book of Acts was a ONCE OFF occurrence. The Pentecost signaled the beginning of the church age.
The only reference to the actual events of Pentecost is (Acts 2:1-4). Pentecost is reminiscent of the Last Supper; in both instances the disciples are together in a house for what proves to be an important event. At the Last Supper the disciples witness the end of the Messiah’s earthly ministry as He asks them to remember Him after His death until He returns. At Pentecost, the disciples witness the birth of the New Testament church in the coming of the Holy Spirit to indwell all believers. Thus the scene of the disciples in a room at Pentecost commences with the beginning of the Holy Spirit’s work in the church with the conclusion of Christ’s earthly ministry in the upper room before the crucifixion.
Another aspect of the Day of Pentecost is the miraculous speaking in foreign tongues which enabled people from various language groups to understand the message of the apostles. In addition is the bold and incisive preaching of Peter to a Jewish audience. The effect of the sermon was powerful, as listeners were “cut to the heart” (Acts 2:37) and instructed by Peter to “repent, and be baptized” (Acts 2:38). The narrative concludes with 3000 souls being saved, the breaking of bread and prayers, apostolic signs and wonders, and a Utopian community formed in which everyone’s needs were met.
Is Angus Buchan implying that his meeting was ANOTHER Pentecost? Signalling the beginning of ANOTHER church Age? Impossible.]
I opened my Bible (it’s a heavy red coloured study Bible) and in the NKJ version I started to read from Act 2:1-4, it was speaking about the Holy Spirit visiting the disciples in the ‘upper room’. Verse 2 talks about a mighty rushing wind which came through and tongues of fire settled on each one of the disciples heads in that room. I had no sooner finished reading that scripture which was reminding them that Peter went out after that and preached. His first sermon that he ever preached three thousand people came to Christ. A man who had denied the Lord three times and who literally had been a coward was now being transformed. Why? Because he had been baptised in the Holy Ghost.
[DTW note: Peter could preach so magnificently because of the Holy Spirit yes, but not because it was a “baptism in the Holy Ghost” as seen in today’s churches that Angus Buchan would have us believe. Note, AFTER the Pentecost experience, Peter went out to peach and the 3000 who came to salvation did not experience the ‘wind and tongues of fire above their heads’ that those in the upper room experienced. Because what happened in the upper room was a special experience – God was empowering them for the Great Commission.]
As soon as I finished reading I closed my Bible and started to walk on the platform like I normally do, up and down … and a wind came from no where. Literally a mighty rushing wind, that seemed to be coming from every side, from the north, south, east and the west at one time. It was a wind I can only describe it was very similar to what a tornado must be like, because it blew that heavy Bible straight off the lectern. It started blowing all the overhead screens, ripping them to shreds, dust was everywhere and it started to rain.
[DTW note: I don’t read anywhere in the bible that the Holy Spirit is destructive]
I need to remind you that the Dead Sea is not called the Dead Sea for nothing; there is not a blade of grass in that place. It looks like the moon; it is a real dessert area. That’s the place where David hid from King Saul, when Saul was trying to kill him. They never get wind there, wind does not blow in the valleys – wind is known to blow on the mountains. We are not talking of the Sea of Galilee which is alive and vibrant with fresh water we are talking about the Dead Sea where the water is so salty and so stagnant that people can not actually sink, you can not drown in the Dead Sea.
This wind came from nowhere. It started blowing and as the intensity grew and as I started welcoming the Holy Spirit and saying “Come Holy Spirit”, the wind intensified and the structure started shaking, a huge platform with a steal girders above me where multicoloured lights were mounted. A beautiful setting and it was like God just stripped everything. I found myself standing on the platform on my own with nothing, except a microphone. I went through three microphones that night. The third one they had to give me on a direct lead, an electrical cord. One of the organizers in the front, a Norwegian by the name of Jan who brought his OB tuck by ship all the way from Norway to film the event live back to Scandinavia said a man from the far East who couldn’t speak English was shouting to him “fire, fire” and he understood that it was the fire of God coming down – which it was by the way. But he looked around and eventually saw that the electrical cables going from his OB truck had caught on fire.
The satellite link was cut off because of the mighty wind that was blowing. I started to speak in tongues, I started singing in tongues. I encouraged the people to do the same, they got on their knees, then they stood up and then they were crying, we were laughing, it was literally “Holy Ghost chaos.”
[DTW note: Angus Buchan spoke and sang in gibberish which he considers tongues! And encourages everyone to to the same. The bible on the other hand says that at Pentecost, they spoke human languages that they themselves did not understand.
Acts 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
Acts 2:7 And they were all amazed and marveled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
Acts 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
Acts 2:9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
Acts 2:10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
Acts 2:11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
So as you can see it is clear that people from other areas could understand the Galilaeans speaking the Word of God in their language. It was not gibberish or gobildy gook that Angus Buchan and the rest of the false church speaks today.
The ‘gift of tongues’ given to the early church was given as the Holy Spirit willed. Because the Holy Spirit is sovereign. No one has the right to demand that he be given any certain gift or gifts as an evidence of the Holy Spirit’s baptism. Tongues was certainly not evidence of salvation. For example, some people in the Corinthian church were given the gift of tongues to edify the church – this tongue was an earthly language.
1Cor 14:2 “For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.”
G1100 glossa (glows-sah) n.
1. the tongue
2. (by implication) a language
3. (specially) a language not naturally acquired
The Corinthian church did not have the Bible, so the gift of tongues was needed, but then they ceased. Corinth, was a market visted by many a merchant from Asia, Africa, and Europe, and had a wildly mixed population speaking many a different language. To exercise of the gift of tongues in preaching bought many an unbeliever to salvation.
1Cor 13:8 “Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.”
But, tongues served their purpose, a very useful one, in authenticating the Message that was delivered as being DIVINE; these signs followed the proclamation of the truth. Now with God’s complete revelation in our hands (the Bible), we do not require signs to manifest it as the Word of the Lord. When preached in power, it authenticates itself]
Please see this article explaining “Tongues” – Speaking in Tongues
I can only explain it like this, it was like the Lord took His hand from heaven and He wiped it clean from anything that we had tried to do, there was nothing left. I was standing alone, I was leaning into the wind to try and keep my balance and God was moving amongst the people.
Every nation on earth was represented. I am an Evangelist, I am aware of my responsibility to preach the Gospel and to pray the sinner’s prayer with unbelievers. Well I want to tell you for the first time in my life I never even made an alter call and the people started running forward. Hundreds and Hundreds of them. Then something else that I have never done in my life before, the Israeli crew that was responsible for erecting the stage area pleaded with me to please tell the people to go back to their seats because they were afraid that the structure was going to collapse. But no one was listening to me; they were experiencing a tangible manifestation of the Holy Spirit.
[DTW note: I don’t believe it, why would God come and destroy your stage? We have 1 of 2 things happening here. 1) This is God’s judgement on you and your false teaching; that you dare come to God’s land Israel and speak your Latter Rain false teaching there. 2) Because you love your signs and wonders so much, and people prayed for ‘God’ to make a change, Satan jumped right in and blew up a tempest wind that you mistook as being the Holy Spirit. Well your god really did make a change, he re-arranged your stage for you and left you standing with nothing, so much so that you could not preach (which was probably a good thing, considering it’s Latter Rain false doctrine anyhow)]
Just as a matter of interest, let’s see how the Holy Spirit of the Bible operates:
Who is the Holy Spirit?
- The Holy Spirit is God, the third Person of the Trinity. (Acts 5:3-4)
- The Holy Spirit is a divine person, a being with a mind, emotions, and a will. (1 Corinthians 2:10; Ephesians 4:30; 1 Corinthians 12:7-11)
- The Holy Spirit is also omnipresence (Psalm 139:7-8)
- The Holy Spirit is omniscience (1 Corinthians 2:10-11)
- The Holy Spirit intercedes for us when we can’t pray (Romans 8:26-27)
- The Holy Spirit is Helper our Comforter and our Counsellor (John 14:16,26; 15:26)
- The Holy Spirit will guide us and lead us into all Truth according to Biblical scripture. (John 16:12)A crucial part of the truth the Holy Spirit reveals is that Jesus is who He said He is (John 15:26; 1 Corinthians 12:3)
- There is NO extra-biblical revelation from the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit’s role is that of gift-giver (Corinthians 12)The Holy Spirit is also the fruit producer in our lives (Galatians 5:22-23)
- The Holy Spirit convinces us of Jesus Christ’s deity and incarnation, that He is the Messiah, i.e.,
- He gives glory to Christ in all things. (John 16:14)
How do we receive the Holy Spirit
- We receive the Holy Spirit the moment we receive Jesus Christ as our Saviour. (1 Corinthians 12:13)
- We receive the Holy Spirit by simply receiving the Lord Jesus Christ as our Saviour (John 3:5-16)
Are there any happenings that go with the baptism of the Holy Spirit?
- No, the evidence of a genuine salvation is you are now not controlled by your sinful nature but by the Holy Spirit. (Romans 8:9)
- Chastisement by the Holy Spirit when we sin to repent of our sin and not sin again. (Hebrews 12:6-7; Hebrews 12:8)
- Evidence of being born again is:
- Obeying scripture, God’s commandments. (1 John 2:5)
- Respecting God’s pronouncements as authoritative in your life. Jesus Christ is your Lord and Saviour. (1 John 1:8)
- No more love for the world. (1 John 2:15)
- Living in daily awareness that Jesus Christ will return for His own! (1 John 3:2-3)
- You are sinning less now than when you first made a profession of faith in Christ. You hate sinning. (1 John 3:9)
- Love for other believers in Jesus Christ. (1 John 3:14)
- Pray all the time and having prayers answered. (1 John 3:22)
- Sharp Discernment as you find it easy to sort out the claims of various religions, etc. (1 John 4:1)
- You have a conscious awareness that the Holy Spirit of God lives in you. He teaches you things from the Scriptures on a regular basis. (1 John 4:13)
What does ‘Walking in the Spirit’ mean?. What does being “Filled by the Holy Spirit’ mean?
- The Filling of the Holy Spirit is an ongoing process in the Christian life as we grow in Holiness. Also known as to “walk in the Spirit; It is to follow the Holy Spirit’s leading.
- It is essentially to “walk with” the Holy Spirit, allowing Him to guide your steps and conform your mind. (Ephesians 4:1; Philippians 1:27)
Evidence or Signs and Wonders:
- Jesus Christ is the author and finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:2)
- If we need healing or deliverance we are to ask HIM DIRECTLY through prayer and He will heal us.
- We do not need to go to men with so called ‘gifts of healing’ when we can approach Jesus Christ directly.
- Yes we can have others pray for us (genuine Christians that is).
- We pray in faith, but faith means that we are to trust God. We trust Him to do what is best and to know what is best. (Romans 8:28)
- Suffering is part of life for both the unbeliever and the believer. For the believer it is often used by God in the development and maturing of our faith. (Philippians 3:10)
- Paul the apostle prayed to have his “thorn in the flesh” removed, but God said, “No” because He wanted Paul to understand that for in Paul’s weakness, God’s strength is made perfect. (2 Corinthians 12:7-10).
- Don’t conclude that because you have not been healed that you have an absence or lack of faith or some secret sin that prevents your healing. You just might have God’s glory resting on you for a special purpose.
A local tour operator told me that in thirty one years of coming down to the Dead Sea every single year he had never ever seen rain and he had never experienced a wind of that measure. My dear friend I have no doubt whatsoever that the Holy Spirit visited us.
[DTW note: Angus has no doubt that it was the Holy Spirit? Really? I decided to go through the NT on behalf of Angus Buchan and I can’t find any instance of the Holy Spirit behaving in such manner. The Holy Spirit is a soft still voice as mentioned in Kings which is in the OT.
1Kgs 19:12 “And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.”
Now I know there are going to be many who are going to tell me that God is doing things outside of His box. What they are implying is that God lied when He said His Word was His FINAL AUTHORITY on all matters. I prefer to stick to God’s box (the Bible), thanks.].
I want to tell you that never again will I apologize for the presence of the Holy Spirit. He will be pre-eminent in all my meetings, in all my conversations and in everything I do. I firmly believe that we need to be filled with the Holy Spirit and I firmly believe that the evidence is speaking in a beautiful language. If it is possible for a man to be born again, again then that’s what happened to me. I am so filled with the joy of the Lord; I am so at peace, I have so much confidence. I want to encourage you to allow Him to fill you with His Spirit; He is standing at the door, Revelation 3:20 and He is knocking. I have no cause to tell you a lie. I want to tell you that He is alive and that He is well. Give the Holy Spirit place in your life and He will bless you.
[DTW note: Angus seems to think that receiving the Holy Spirit is a separate act over and above being saved. This is not true. These three passages make it clear that the Holy Spirit is received at the moment of salvation. Paul said to the Corinthian believers that they all were baptized by one Spirit and all given one Spirit to drink because all possessed the Holy Spirit. Romans 8:9 states it even clearer; if a person does not have the Spirit, he does not belong to Christ.
Therefore, the possession of the Spirit is an identifying factor of the attaining of salvation. Further, the Holy Spirit is the “seal of salvation” (Ephesians 1:13-14) which the person receives at the moment of salvation. Many scriptures make it abundantly clear that our salvation is secured the moment we receive Jesus Christ as our Savior.
There are many a ministry that have this simple process of how the Holy Spirit operates confused. The truth is that the indwelling of the Holy Spirit occurs at the moment of salvation (the moment you are genuinely saved, you are “baptized by the Holy Spirit”). The filling of the Spirit is an ongoing process in the Christian life. Unbiblical ministries confuse the “baptism of the Holy Spirit” as an act separate to salvation, and this is where Satan jumps in and fools people, presenting them with a false holy spirit.
Angus said, “If it is possible for a man to be born again, again then that’s what happened to me” The Holy Spirit does not come and go, come and go from a believer. He either abides in you, or He does not.
Rom 8:9 “But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.”
In fact the bible says it’s impossible for your to be born again twice.
Hebrews 6:4-8 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
In conclusion, how do we receive the Holy Spirit? We receive the Holy Spirit by simply receiving the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior (John 3:5-16). When do we receive the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit becomes our permanent possession the moment we genuinely believe.
Angus said, “I firmly believe that the evidence is speaking in a beautiful language”. The evidence of being saved is NOT speaking in tongues (gibberish) as Angus so states, I have given a list of evidences above.
See video 0f Kenneth Copeland and Rodney Howard-Browne Joking in “Tongues”
Please read the correct biblical interpretation of Joel 2 and Acts 2 below –
….Latter Rain adherents have a movement that believes in a last day’s revival unlike any other in history. This revival is for the church. They incorrectly apply eschatological passages specifically for Israel to the church. The common mistake is taking the scripture in (Acts 2:17) which says: ‘God will pour out His Spirit on all flesh,’ to substantiate what is happening in the new revivals today. This is not the meaning of this verse and cannot be applied today for the above mentioned reasons….Your Sons and Your Daughters Will Prophesy, But Not Yet…]
Edited 13/11/2012 – Video found.
I found the following video of Angus at the Dead Sea, at Ein Gedi. It appears that Angus asks God for a repeat of what happened at Pentecost! That is not what he said in his newsletter above. Imagine that. Now we know that in the bible people kept asking Jesus for a sign, for a miracle that He was the Son of God (INSTEAD OF BELIEVING BY FAITH) and Jesus said to them… (Matthew 12.39-40) “An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign, but no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the whale, so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth”.
The only sign that Angus will never be satisfied with is that fact that Jesus was crucified, buried for 3 days and rose again. Faith is not enough for Angus, he must have a sign. And Jesus will not give it to him. Who does give signs and wonders? Satan. Matthew 24:24 “For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.”
LIST OF ALL ANGUS BUCHAN ARTICLES:
- Angus and the Roman Catholic Reconciliation
- Angus – It’s Time to Unite All Faiths under Rome
- Angus – A ‘False Bible’ in 366 Days for Men
- Angus says, “Put your Doctrinal Differences Aside!
- NAR Invasion of SA – Rick Joyner, Angus, Danie Slabbert, Nevil Norden @ Apostolic Prophetic Conference – July 2012
- Angus and the Roman Catholic Reconciliation
- The ‘Manifest Sons of God’ belief of Angus
- Angus , Benny Hinn and God TV (with Wendy and Rory Alec)
- Graham Power & Angus – The Transformation of Africa
- Angus and the Promise Keepers (FREEMASONARY)
- Why does Angusget promoted by God TV
- THE ORIGINAL VERSION – The Dominionist Faith of Angus – Faith Like Potatoes