Can Satan Heal?

can satan healI’ve spent many a day praying about the answer to this question and this my dear readers, this IS THE ANSWER to the question that evades everyone so much.

Can Satan heal?

The answer is, absolutely, but in a very ‘counterfeit’ sort of way.  You see, Satan can cause sickness, and mankind is born into a sinful evil world.  What you see as being a miraculous healing by today’s false prophets is none other than Satan taking away the sickness / injury he had given the person in the first place.  Satan can not do any good, he is the father of LIES.

In the bible there is a story of a woman who walked bent over for 18 years.  It was a demonic spirit which caused this infirmity.  Jesus healed her and she walked upright.

Luke 13:11-13     11 And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up.12 But when Jesus saw her, He called her to Him and said to her, “Woman, you are loosed from your infirmity.” 13 And He laid His hands on her, and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God.

But what about creative healings you ask, an arm with crushed bones starts to slowly fix itself and heal?

Job 2:4-6      4 So Satan answered the LORD and said, “Skin for skin! Yes, all that a man has he will give for his life. 5 But stretch out Your hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will surely curse You to Your face!”  6 And the LORD said to Satan, “Behold, he is in your hand, but spare his life.”

Satan had full control over Job’s body and could do anything to him he wanted, except kill him.  We fail to comprehend the immense power Satan has and what he has control over.  Of course I am NOT saying that all illness is from Satan.  Never.  But in the case where people are healed by false teachers, Satan is the cause of the illness to start with.

So what has Satan to gain by taking away an illness from someone?  Because you can not see into the spiritual world, you do not know what else Satan has given you in EXCHANGE for you believing in him. Yes, by going to a false teacher you are believing in Satan to heal you.  One thing I do know is that the person who has received the counterfeit healing truly believes they were healed by God and ends up following after the false teacher and his doctrine of demons.  Satan now has this person’s soul in a firm grip.

Is it not a scary thought to think that Satan spends time planning how to deceive you?  If you are unsaved, without the protection of God, you are at his mercy.

1 Peter 5:8   8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

So how do you tell what is a genuine healing from God?

The first thing you do is you TEST the words they preach.  If they do not tie up with scripture, the man is a false teacher.  Sometimes faith healers like to preach as little as possible, and rather concentrate on their core business; counterfeit healing.  Understand too that the false teacher is deceived as he truly believes he is performing mighty healings.

Secondly, you look to see if any people are falling over backwards.  In the bible no one ever fell over.  If they did it, was willingly to WORSHIP God, NO supernatural power involved, and they always FELL FORWARDS (Genesis 17:3, 17, Matthew 26:39, I Corinthians 14:25).  When you see people falling backwards, know immediately that a false ‘holy spirit’ is at work.

Thirdly, regarding the healings themselves:

  • Jesus NEVER publicised His healings, nor had a healing ministry. He did not use it as an excuse to raise money either. In fact there were times he told those he healed to tell no one.  (Matthew 8:1-4, 9:27-31)
  • Jesus healed every kind of infirmity.  (Matthew 9:35)
  • Jesus He did not have special days for healing specific illnessess.  Nor any specific time periods when healings would take place.
  • Jesus NEVER performed a partial healing.  People where “made whole” instantly when Jesus healed.  Jesus NEVER told the person that it would take time for them to recover.  (Matthew 15:29-31; Mark 7:31-37)
  • Jesus NEVER failed to heal anyone in His attempt to heal a person.  He never had to make any embarassing explanations.
  • Jesus NEVER healed by faith alone, but by divine power.

Now the reason I wrote this little article, besides the fact that it answers that big question, is because I am writing an article or three on some false teachers who have strong occult powers and it appears they perform mighty miracles.   But these are not miracles, these are but mere Satanic illusions.

2 Corinthians 11:14   “14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.”

In fact the signs and wonders these men are performing are so surreal even I had to put my eyes balls back in their sockets and do a double take and triple take.  It made me realise how susceptible people are who do not know the Word of God well, who do not have a good relationship with Jesus Christ, that they will actually believe these things.  Because in the end times Satan will do GREAT signs and wonders through his false prophets:

Matthew 24:24   “24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.” and

2 Thessalonians 2:9   “9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders”.

And when the anti-Christ is on the scene he will even call fire down from the sky.

Revelation 13:13   “13 He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men.”

The number of false prophets creeping out of the woodwork is astronomical; the numbers range into the hundreds of thousands.  Many use hypnosis on their audience and the power of suggestion which is demonic never the less, but there are some who wield terrible occult power and once you land in their grasp it’s very difficult to escape.

Please share:

Deborah (Discerning the World)

Deborah Ellish is the author of the above article. Discerning the World is an internet Christian Ministry based in Johannesburg South Africa. Tom Lessing and Deborah Ellish both own Discerning the World. For more information see the About this Website page below the comments section.

guest
108 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Lourens

Well this one will probably get a ton of comments (“attacks”) since people who build there “relationship” with Jesus (which one?) on all their emotions and experiences will most likely be majorly offended and try and protect their idols like old Benny Hinn etc…

This is a GREAT article! May many come to the knowledge of the truth through this..

;-)

Since I made this comment I’ll probably have to go back and reply on my previous comment in another thread as well hey Deb’s..

Moemsie

Brilliant Article!
Yes! Satan can heal but at the cost- a spiritual cost. I once seen a documentary about a hindu devotee turning into some kind of `monkey god` with his facial features contorted the tongue hanging out-and the `disciples` hung fruit on hooks onto his back and he has some thing pierced through his tongue. Then after he gets wipped up by drums and a the blood of a headless chicken is sprayed on him and others-the sick are brought to him. His `helpers ` guides his hand to the heads of the sick -and a mere touch healed `healed `them. The sickness he caused is lifted off and the devotee is more hooked by the powers-more mesmerized-their souls more entangled than before-yet now in a healthy body. I m still not convinced that dramatic healings took place there but anyhow its `believed` to have happened!

Burning Lamp

Amongst the “healings” and “miracles” claimed on programs like Sid Roth’s “Supernatural” are instant weight loss, teeth repaired, etc. might be real, but only in the deluded eyes of the beholder who has bought into Satan’s counterfeits.

P.T. Barnum was right – there’s a sucker born every minute. And those who are sucked into delusion are the “signs and wonders” crowd that is into experience and have forgotten the verse that says “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1

Valerie

I couldn’t have said it better myself. I have RA and I have often thought, if Satan offered to back off and let me live pain free, I would choose the pain rather than to receive anything from Satan. I know that any suffering I may endure is nothing compared to what our precious Lord endured and everything that I go through is for His ultimate glory. Nothing is better than that!

david

Just after the Lord saved me, i had such a hunger for the word. I read ANYTHING remotely christian. “the faith movement’s books” had me satisfied. Copeland Hinn and the whole throng. Soon i was the “star” being “slayen in the spirit”. Falling backwards, shaking, laughing in the spirit, crying the whole thing. At every church i visited “god seem to visit and touch me alone, i was his favourate”. I guess not funny or strange that you would mention “the exchange in return for being touched by god”. The sins that had me bound came back into my life…and with much stronger intensity. Someone must have started praying for me as the Holy Spirit started focussing my attention to some scriptures and revealing how the true God works and helping me to get to know Him(them)Father,Son,Spirit.I rejected the false teachers, there teachings and the false workings of satan. Since 1994 none of these manifestations have returned.

Lee

yep, know this, been there, seen it and had it all! the church I was in had this type of ‘power’ and I swallowed the bait, hook line and sinker! The pastor there….oh boy…..I could swear to you that he was of God but (Debs you know my story) when I left I the scales came off…actually the scales were coming off as I started getting serious in my relationship with Christ. Healings DID take place but they did not spur the person to grow Godly and more Christ-like. What actuall happens with these false healers/teachers occultists is that the sign of them being false is if ou end up coming back to them for healing more than you would put faith in Christ.

After I had left, I had found my faith to be more directed in the pastor than in Jesus Christ now that is VER worrying. BUT this is the demonic fruit of such who get ‘bound’ by false teacher’s demonic healing powers.

Another thing, falling over backwards was a sign of judgement in the bible. Look up the soldiers who came to take Jesus in the Garden, when He said ‘I am he’ they drew back, which suggests that they fell back and realised judgement would come on them. Personally, throughout all my “Churchianity” experience, Thank God I have NEVER EVER FALLEN over willingly or otherwise under any power. When I was younger, 98% of everyone did but when the pastor came to me, I felt nothing. no shaking/convulsing, its like God protected me at every instance. However there was a time where I got pushed over by a “prophetess” who said the devil wanted me but he can’t have me….Lord knows if that was orchestrated as well. Anyhow, once in a service, the pastor did occult on me. He laid hands on me, then waited for 1min and then my legs started shaking, then he said “he’s right beside you” but I felt odd and awkward, and I know I should have left but I was young and what does one do when everyone is going one way and you know something is amiss ehh. I decided to leave the church without telling anyone…I never walked….I RAN!

Lee

Also, once you get in their grip, all hell breaks loose. I remember there were moments where I thought I wonder if this was spiritually orchestrated to make it look like it is from God when it wasn’t…and I had the gut feeling it was. too many examples for me to give so I’ll keep it short…but a time when I had always come to church, and the pastor would preach biblically then at the end of the service, look at his hands and say “theres an anointing here tonight…I see money in my hands” “if you want it, come up and i’ll rub it into your forehead” and I stupidly went up because what did I know, I’m young and not “mature” in Christ even when I had a feeling that this was demonic. Also another instance when I had sleep paralysis I had been attacked in my sleep spiritually my then pastor appeared in my dream and said it will never happen again e.t.c. which was a lie…also another instance was when he said he always sees ahead every service and knows what will take place because God has shown him….also he said he had visions of me and laid hands on me and transferred (demonic Im sure) things to me which affected my daily functioning. It had been like my mind was bound and everytime I tried to pray I would experience some attack spiritually! It was really bad….I bet I was the only one to see him for he is….phoney, snakeoil and a charlatan! i think he knows I know and once they do that the false teachers behave differently towards you! It was truly horrible I tell you. being with unbelievers was better because at least you know what your getting rather than being in “church”!

Michael

Everything that Satan has his hand in has a sinister and destructive result…so he does operate with temporary counterfeit healings and other convincing tricks…rather like a good magician or con-man…but nothing miraculous.
Another mistake that is common especially amongst charismatics is that do unbiblical rituals …ie like binding Satan in the name of Jesus…this is rather ridiculous as well as Satan is not omnipresent and can only be in one place at any given time…ie cannot attack everybody…one billion plus…attacks are carried out by his agents (evil spirits/demons).

FollowsTheWay

Lee and David: praise the Lord for getting you o-u-t.

MJ Oosthuysen

stem saam

Lee

Another thing, when you get in charasmatic circles, if your healed in a gathering, people automatically assume God healed you when thats not always the case. there are a number of things to test using the Word to prove the source of power experienced in those settings. namely, the fruit before and after being healed, the person throw whom healing is provided and the church itself. God CAN still heal in a false setting, BUT that entirely rests between the individual and God. and in any case, being healed in false churches e.t.c. does not validate the person, ministry or the teaching by God. it takes more than that to find out if it was God. I have been healed but one has to wonder after a number of years, like David, your sins come back stronger and in any case, you start having sinful problems with sins that were never yours before you became saved! this is all the work of the false spirit of course, how stupid I was. Never ever setting foot in those churches. I know TOO much of what REALLY goes in. I had the impression but now I KNOW for sure. Like many others, I am VERY ANGRY AND BITTER about what I have gone through but I must get over it and seek God again. In a way it is good because coming out shows you what your faith is made of so in that way there really is a blessing that God can work for the individual if their willing to seek after God and walk the narrow way!

Burning Lamp

Lee, be thankful God opened your eyes and you came out of this false teaching. You must seek God and get over the anger and bitterness or it will be just as bad as what you have been brought out of. That is a normal reaction, and we are to hate false teaching that harms people, but don’t let it get out of balance. Get into the Word and put it into perspective. Ask God to show you where you go from here and how you can help others who are still under bondage to the false teachings.

I do agree that God can minister even under false teaching. People do get saved by watching TBN for instance. But TBN mixes truth and error and dispenses poison to new converts. God’s Word has changed a heart, not TBN or any other group. I know this from personal experience. We can’t go on experience, but I know that God ministered to me through a TV program of a false teacher. But He also revealed to me the error. I reached out to God in the only way I knew how to do at the time. But this is not God’s best and He does not want us to stay there.

You need to repent of all the falseness of which you were a part and renounce it completely and totally. Then feed yourself on the pure Word of God. Be very careful about who you follow in the future. Know how to judge the false from the true. Like Deborah said, false teachers can produce some pretty attractive fruit and they mask their evil with good works, but they also produce rotten fruit. Be careful of those who mix truth and error. It is a mine field out there. Deborah’s mission is to inform and protect people from false teachers and their poisonous fruit. She has a wealth of information available – plug into it and grow in grace and knowledge of the Lord.

Use your testimony to snatch others from the fire, but only as God leads. Direct others to this site. Take positive actions so you can be free once and for all from the pit from which you have been delivered. Remember, the enemy of our souls wants you in turmoil. Grasp the wonderful grace of God and you do not need to carry guilt – rejoice instead in your freedom in Christ and His love for you. Settle the issue of salvation in your heart.

Don’t get sidetraced by trying to analyze your healing – just REST in God and He will lead you into truth through His Word.

Lee

Debs,

loool fruitcakes ;)!! I see what you mean. well maybe the fruit AND what they teach perhaps?

to tell you the truth, one does not see until they COME OUT of their settings and evaluate what they have been through. It literally is like having blinders on you eyes. But the fruit thing is just one aspect like I said. there are other things to look at. the litmus test is the spirit behind the teaching as well as the fruit. Like I said, there are other things but you already know them

yep the percentage of healing is MINIMAL but…depending on the individual will determine what happens to them. I was healed, im sure some of it was demonic problems, and most of it was caused by my own willful sin BUT with me, I have always known the REAL Gospel from a child so God was able to work on what I knew about Him from His Word, thats why I said some can be healed; I wasn’t saved then but I KNEW like…I just KNEW Jesus was is and always will be the truth, I just had the conviction and impression of the Word instilled in me so from that perspective when I approached God in faith in a false setting, I was able to get healed. BUT of course like you say it is minimal, and that is because of leaven in the gathering.

I hope im not chatting rubbish lool…i hope you understanf what im tryna say still haha

Lee

Yeah I’m aware it is like what you described Debs :(

IT IS VERY SAD AND IM ANGRY! but i must get over it…i can’t act like woe is me lool

please pray for me :) thanks, some people have no idea the spiritual abuse that took place in that setting…it was severe, i tell you that!

Lee

ill stop commenting maybe im irritating you lol…I just want to vent my frustrations to someone who KNOWS what im trying to express..but oh well

Lee

Debs

Actually let me retract my first response and correct what I said. I agree you are right, my situation is EXACTLY like you described above. I knew already before you put this up! BUT what really worries me day and night, is not who healed what e.t.c. but whether God knows me and I am saved. I suppose that is one good thing that has come from coming out of these settings…God can focus you in on the real truthful stuff. But yep, i think of all i had done in ‘Jesus name’ and I think it was all a sham….every single one of it. I think has any good thing been produced in me…not really. I’m wicked, sinful and just desperately so….BUT ask me to willfully sin and blaspheme or some kind and I cannot. There was a period after leaving that I went mentally mad, and that I was imagining what I was experiencing with all sorts of attacks…almost to the point of blaspheming God and wanting to commit suicide. it was like they set it up against me 9i can’t go into it but it was VERY bad) so yes to David, I got out, but spiritually like Debs said, I’m still stuck in the rut. everything I have learned there needs to be washed from my mind and i need to start from scratch.

Burning Lamp

Lee, you don’t give yourself enough credit for the wisdom God has mercifully shown you.

Ephesians 5:26 talks about the washing of the Word. Get yourself a GOOD translation of the Bible and read the John’s Gospel, Romans and Ephesians to start. I personally prefer the New King James translation.

I have been blessed and have grown in grace using the commentaries of H.A. Ironside in conjunction with reading the Word. You can find his works online. You have to diligently seek them, but they are a great tool.

Be VERY CAREFUL about what you put into your eargate and eyegate. You will be purging yourself of the old ways and replacing them with pure truth. Satan will fight you, but TRUTH WILL PREVAIL!

Set yourself on the right track. Use this site as a guide to keep from falling for false teaching. There is a whole lot more out there than what you came out of.

Ask God to send you people who can exhort and encourage you.

May He bless and guide you into all TRUTH and protect you as you grow in grace.

Lee

Burning Lamp wrote:

Lee, be thankful God opened your eyes and you came out of this false teaching. You must seek God and get over the anger and bitterness or it will be just as bad as what you have been brought out of. That is a normal reaction, and we are to hate false teaching that harms people, but don’t let it get out of balance.

BL Thanks for the advice :) I’m very thankful I got out of that cult! it was awful. The thing is, like i said above, I ALWAYS knew when something was wrong, I dunno I’ve just had discernment maybe because I learnt to read the Word at such a young age WHILE going to a false setting. look, be nice to me lool, when you come into this world, sometimes we dont have control over how we’re brought up and millions of people just go to “church” and that was the case with me, but good thing my mum left because some things with she did not agree. When i got older I went back, on my own and I felt isolated but I became more like them then tried to convince my mum to come. she ALWAYS made excuses saying no, she was busy e.t.c. UNTIL ONE DAY, I SAW SOMETHING VERY WRONG! the pastor was laying hands on people and binding them with a false spirit and doing some things that in my spirit felt like witchcraft. my eyes were opened then. By a couple of years, I really started getting serious for Christ and thats when errors were spotted more and more. I started despairing, for my foundation seemed to be more in this group than in Jesus and I used to think, did he really see Jesus in a vision? (he said he ALWAYS has visions, like millions of them) to the point of thinking ‘can you speak to him for me’? I know how foolish but I was 16 yrs old. I’m 20 now. im just as stupid now but going strong by God’s grace and mercy. It really is hard for young people BL thats why certain things I can’t just ‘do it’ easily because of my culture and people around me but I try with God’s strength. I look at him (the pastor) and just want to scream ‘STOP PROSTITUTING THE WORD OF GOD and preach the truth’. I learnt some things as a result btw.

Get into the Word and put it into perspective. Ask God to show you where you go from here and how you can help others who are still under bondage to the false teachings.

I’m trying, but when you’ve been in a setting like the on i said for 3 yrs or so,so much healing and things need to be washed from you, I often have a hard time sitting and actually reading the Word because of the stupid spins that have been placed on them.

I do agree that God can minister even under false teaching.

This is what I was trying to say to Debs. It can happen but its not a method that God wants to use. I mean it does depend on the level of leaven or false teaching but yep i agree.

People do get saved by watching TBN for instance. But TBN mixes truth and error and dispenses poison to new converts.
Well I don’t watch Trash Broadcasting Network lool. I don’t even have it on my TV set. Only got GOD TV with wendy and rory lool

God’s Word has changed a heart, not TBN or any other group. I know this from personal experience. We can’t go on experience, but I know that God ministered to me through a TV program of a false teacher. But He also revealed to me the error. YES YES YES I AGREE. HAPPENED TO ME ALSO. but slowly over time as I am a stupid person so it took me time to get the message. Once I stood on my own feet, they were threatened and i felt they were gonna judge me and try prophesy that I was to be judged for leaving e.t.c.

I reached out to God in the only way I knew how to do at the time. But this is not God’s best and He does not want us to stay there.
You need to repent of all the falseness of which you were a part and renounce it completely and totally. I am. It is a long process for me because it is a heart issue and not just a few words. I have been remembering all the rubbish I was taught and now trying too wonder how I accepted such foolishnesh.

Then feed yourself on the pure Word of God. Be very careful about who you follow in the future. Know how to judge the false from the true. – Oh I will believe me! ;) No one is deceiving me again….not after the type of church I went to where everything was al mighty fine and ‘good’ and really did look Christ-like.

Like Deborah said, false teachers can produce some pretty attractive fruit and they mask their evil with good works, but they also produce rotten fruit. Be careful of those who mix truth and error. It is a mine field out there. Deborah’s mission is to inform and protect people from false teachers and their poisonous fruit. She has a wealth of information available – plug into it and grow in grace and knowledge of the Lord.

Use your testimony to snatch others from the fire, but only as God leads. Direct others to this site. Take positive actions so you can be free once and for all from the pit from which you have been delivered. Remember, the enemy of our souls wants you in turmoil. Grasp the wonderful grace of God and you do not need to carry guilt – rejoice instead in your freedom in Christ and His love for you. Settle the issue of salvation in your heart.
Don’t get sidetraced by trying to analyze your healing – just REST in God and He will lead you into truth through His Word.

I do try tell people…some won’t believe it at first and I don’t blame them, how can they, BUT at least I’ve told them and God will give them grace to see it and the mercy to run from it. God is patient. He knows what we’re like. Most won’t believe but some can’t because they’re whole time is invested in such groups so you remove that, then you remove their identity and faith e.t.c.!

Michael

Lee…your response is understandable but not excuseable…you have to pray for these people for the scales to fall from their eyes.
I too was a victim of not so much the WOF as I was always wary of their teachings but generally charismatic hierachy tend to become control freaks and manipulators par excellence.
There is also a lack of accuracy and lack of integrity seeping in there. Pray for those that are truly and with honesty seeking the Lord there to come to their senses.

Lee

Burning Lamp wrote:

Lee, you don’t give yourself enough credit for the wisdom God has mercifully shown you.
Ephesians 5:26 talks about the washing of the Word. Get yourself a GOOD translation of the Bible and read the John’s Gospel, Romans and Ephesians to start. I personally prefer the New King James translation.
I have been blessed and have grown in grace using the commentaries of H.A. Ironside in conjunction with reading the Word. You can find his works online. You have to diligently seek them, but they are a great tool.
Be VERY CAREFUL about what you put into your eargate and eyegate. You will be purging yourself of the old ways and replacing them with pure truth. Satan will fight you, but TRUTH WILL PREVAIL!
Set yourself on the right track. Use this site as a guide to keep from falling for false teaching. There is a whole lot more out there than what you came out of.
Ask God to send you people who can exhort and encourage you.
May He bless and guide you into all TRUTH and protect you as you grow in grace.

Thanks BL. I already have KJV (King James) I personally love the older versions because they give the more original sense of meaning rather than the modern version. and plus I’ve always read it as a child so thats what I’ll use.

yep, ill be much more careful, don’t worry! I’m much more stronger and realise God won’t judge me for thinking for myself, as most of these cults would have you believe. He also won’t judge me if I say nay and they all together say yea! because of my discernment, so no noI won’t be falling for that trick. If ever I come across anyone who attempts to spiritually prostitute me of the truth, I shall flee, for no man shall have control over me! and I mean it lol!

Lee

Michael wrote:

Lee…your response is understandable but not excuseable…you have to pray for these people for the scales to fall from their eyes.
I too was a victim of not so much the WOF as I was always wary of their teachings but generally charismatic hierachy tend to become control freaks and manipulators par excellence.
There is also a lack of accuracy and lack of integrity seeping in there. Pray for those that are truly and with honesty seeking the Lord there to come to their senses.

Michael, your right. but even now I still suffer from the repercussions as more and more things that I didn’t realise were actually false. Somebody on another thread once rightly said, when you realise the enemy is in the camp, an anger rises in you that just makes you feel justified in it, I know its not good but some people are AWARE of what they do in those various factions and because of that, they won’t get away! I forgive them, but want nothing to do with them. When I was leaving, see how quick they were to coo me into coming back starting with the blessings are flowing e.t.c. but I saw right through it. Now they don’t bother me anymore.

Burning Lamp

Lee, I hear your heart and God knows your heart. You are right, He is patient and I for one am grateful for that.

One thing that might be helpful – you seem to be condemning yourself – you are God’s creation, you are not stupid – you were naive and fell for wrong teaching, but you are not stupid.

Michaek is right – you do need to diligently pray for the others – this is good for your spiritual health as well.

Glad you have written off “Christian” Trash Bin News – or as I have heard it called The Blasphemy Network. Daystar and God TV are all corrupt and mix truth and error.

My heart goes out to those who have been born into cults or indoctrinated from childhood whether it be WofF, Catholicism, Mormonism, JWs,Domionism, Calvinism, or any of the “isms”. When God reveals error to us we must not keep it to ourselves, but first we must PRAY for those in bondage, especially those we know. PRAY for an opening to plant a seed or doubt for them to ponder. But it is GOD’s work and HIS Holy Spirit who has to open eyes.

REST in the Lord – get grounded in His Word.

Blessings to you!

Burning Lamp

Amen Debs – Lee – the first step out of the pit is to be sure that you are truly saved, that you have truly repented and accepted Christ as your personal Savior.

You don’t need to “clean up” to come to Christ – He meets you right where you are. But your whole attitude toward sin should be changed when you have the Holy Spirit.

It may take some time to totally get clear out all the garbage, but if you apply yourself, you WILL grow in grace and knowledge.

Debs has some unvarnished truth for you, but think about it. She has taken the time to examine your comments and seek advice as to the best way to help you. She cares. And Jesus cares. But you have to respond and act upon His invitation.

Lee

Deborah (Discerning the World) wrote:

Lee
I spent some time yesterday asking Jesus about you, and then phoned a wise owl’ess called my mom (jemfishy). Your story got me thinking quite a bit, but after reading your comments over and over again, praying and speaking to my mother (who might I add had to deal with me growing up lol) this is the answer.
This is gonna be a tough answer, but listen to it: You can’t make excuses for your sinful life now because of what happened to you at these churches. Satan will use everything and I mean everything he finds to keep you to wallowing deep in sin, and blaming others for it is one of them. Remember in the email exchange I told you that you needed to start from the beginning again. Did you make a list of all your sins, everything you’ve done your whole life through, including going to these false churches, etc. It’s the best way ever to ask Jesus forgiveness for each and ever single sin in your life; if you have taken the time to write them all down. And my list was looooooooong! Then I want you to pray the sinners payer, asking Jesus Christ to come into your life. And read out the list, and ask Jesus to forgive you for each and every single sin afterwards, tell Him that you WANT TO CHANGE YOUR WAYS but only He can help you. Now Lee understand that a relationship is a two way street. It means that you must also try to stop sinning – God wants to see you are trying. Then when Satan comes to tempt you, you rebuke him and tell him to get behind you in a lovely stern voice, “Luke 4:8 8 And Jesus answered and said to him, “Get behind Me, Satan!” You then continue pray asking Jesus for help. It’s going to be a long battle. Your situation is going to involve a lot of prayer, rebuking satan and a lot of YOU WANTING TO NOT sin anymore.
You say you heart is hard, well un-harden it and quickly. You either love Jesus or you don’t. You either want to partake in your sin, or your don’t. Pray and ask Jesus to give you peace, ask Him to remove this anger you have inside you, ask Him to un-hearden that heart of yours.
Are you saved? Well I can’t answer that question. BUT THERE IS GOOD NEWS ;))))) lol. Sometimes we go through ordeals to learn lessons in order to help others in the long run. BUT YOU GOTTA GET UP OUT OF THE GUTTER and DUST YOURSELF OFF AND DO IT RIGHT FROM NOW ON. I have shown you what to do – NOW DOOOO IT. DO IT BEFORE I fly over there and beat you to a pulp. (and I mean that in the nicest possibly way ahahaha – you are lucky I am poor and can’t afford the flight.)

Debs thanks :)! I know what your saying is true. You sound like my mum as well lool. AND SOMETHING TOLD ME YOU WERE REALLY AGONSISING AND ASKING JESUS ABOUT ME! I just knew it! *sigh* this is what agonises me day in day out, whether I’m saved.for 3 years before I came on here. it was after my grandmother passed away a few days after Michael Jackson that I was like “where has she gone” because I used to teach her everything I learnt at the WOF church. But I know she was saved but I feel guilty for her death. Debs,
I started to make a list from a couple of years ago (even before I came on here) when I was in the church (at that time i was reading the Brown books) but then things got worse, I got attacked every way possible, I got scared (like my heart started beating fast, I felt like fear came over me) and I just felt like I was being watched constantly, I tried Debs I REALLY DID try but before discvoering this blog I said to God look “my heart really wants you BUT my sin bounds me and because I stay there I love it” and you know what, I was being honest to God. because God knows my heart therefore theres no point pretending to be a Child of his if and when I come before Him and he says I don’t know you. But everytime I find I run away from him in anger or almost wanting to blasphemy him, I just can’t quite do it. Like something in my heart is completely reserved for Jesus or if I’m in trouble my fast reaction is to go to Him at least. and the worst thing is when I was at these churches I used to preach to everyone at college and my family e.t.c. so they look up to me or say “hey…you believe in Jesus” or “bible basher” but when I look back, I think what a liar/hypocrite I am. At least it gives me a chance to be honest with myself and God. but this all happened while I was still in the church. So yes I did make a list and did repent and pray a sinners prayer but Debs let me tell you, that doesn’t work! I know you’ve written about Paul Washer in some respects but he IS sound on the idea that sinners prayer is not biblical. I don’t know how many times I have done that, but my heart is hard/unregenerate and it only takes the Holy Spirit to make it a heart of flesh and alive again…it makes sense; a dead heart cannot be opened to Jesus unless the Holy Spirit convicts and quickens the individual. So Paul is right and I had listened to quite a bit of his sermons and he is sound on the doctrine of being regenerated which is very important.

Am I saved? As I made the list and daily think about the things I have done before and after “being saved” in the wof church, there seems to be little to prove that I could be; yes I preached to people and went to church and had my pet sins here and there but so much of my thinking was wof that when I now look back it is hard to see any thing to point to Jesus. (Oh btw, I stopped reading my bible quite a bit when I was in there so that maybe a reason to my slow growth) what I do know is I was convicted through my early walk and I was hungry for more of God and was protected/blessed/chastised by God in my personal life but as I fell into sin and stayed there the voice of God began to be more distant and quiet, cropping up once in a while. But one thing is for sure, I WAS steeped in WOF church so it can be hard to see my own growth around that context. Only time will tell. But as I say, it is my heart. What does my heart say about Jesus? well…its lukewarm. So maybe I’m backslid, but If I am saved I CANNOT STAY THERE. and this is what Washer had said about Christians falling into sin.

sometimes I would get angry at God but not quite do away with Him. I just felt spiritually pressured like fear in my heart and a spirit that attacked me and used people around me to hate me the moment I decided for God so I’d shy away from trying to be right with Him. If I heard somebody talk about Him I am interested and very fond of Him but I can’t say I love Him the way he commands me to in His word because of the condition of my heart. I am being honest here lool…it IS the best policy, so you don’t have to be pallypal with me and get deceived thinking everyone who comments here is “right with God”!

Hahaha I’m trying amongst my busy schedule of work and college. your welcome to come over! In fact I’d probably travel over to SA since I haven’t been there. (Im from Nigeria) I need to see my family again over there so maybe I work for money then come over haha. No Debs, thanks for being tough. Its exactly what was impresse upon my heart a while ago from God that I can’t make excuses. I know that. Its a tired excuse and what go down well with God.

Lee

Burning Lamp wrote:

Lee, I hear your heart and God knows your heart. You are right, He is patient and I for one am grateful for that.
One thing that might be helpful – you seem to be condemning yourself – you are God’s creation, you are not stupid – you were naive and fell for wrong teaching, but you are not stupid.
Michaek is right – you do need to diligently pray for the others – this is good for your spiritual health as well.
Glad you have written off “Christian” Trash Bin News – or as I have heard it called The Blasphemy Network. Daystar and God TV are all corrupt and mix truth and error.
My heart goes out to those who have been born into cults or indoctrinated from childhood whether it be WofF, Catholicism, Mormonism, JWs,Domionism, Calvinism, or any of the “isms”. When God reveals error to us we must not keep it to ourselves, but first we must PRAY for those in bondage, especially those we know. PRAY for an opening to plant a seed or doubt for them to ponder. But it is GOD’s work and HIS Holy Spirit who has to open eyes.
REST in the Lord – get grounded in His Word.
Blessings to you!

BL, no no no I’m just making it easier for God so I won’t be surprised if I do get condemned. Last year, I was attacked and told that I AM the antichrist and that I can’t be saved because God has ordained me as a vessel of dishonour and instrument of wrath. I know it is the devil but the attack was so convincing he used everything to make it seem real and true. And this is why (to Debs) I TRIED to repent but in my mind, this voice impressed that I have done the unforgivable sin and that God won’t accept me back. the spirit attacked me through sleep paralysis a couple years when I was in the wof church and I started seeing errors and becamse serious for Christ. that spirit told me in my sleep “YOU WILL BOW DOWN TO ME” and then last year said that everyone I come into contact with is spiritually affected so I started isolating myself from everyone despairing life and considering suicide but I know I couldn’t do that. even my mum noticed I wasn’t myself. But how could I tell her….that would crush her heart that her only son child who she raised with Godly principles is now in this state, who preached to people and was a blessing. So I thought, If God/Jesus doesn’t want me, then no one can have me. Some days I just get up and think what am I doing here??? no point doing anything in life as I’ll just go back to the ground and turn to dust and after death, the judgement. So I thought, condemn me because at least if I start to tell everyone that I’m no Christian because I’m no disciple and child of God/Christ then no one is going to be surprised on that great and terrible day. and I don’t want you to be to Debs, BL et al! and thats when I think “its better to not have known Him than to know Him and turn away” and thats what I can’t fully do, turn away. Because if I do, there is no more scarifice but a certain expectation of judgement to come which I feel. I really do curse the day I was born. You know when I was younger, I said to myself I would be all for Jesus but I may be the very company of people He’s addressing as lukewarm, false “I never knew you”. As you grow in life, you just realise being a Disciple and Christian is NOT easy. it really isn’t. and so I thought I can’t live like this. I really really wish I wasn’t born; btw I’m a bastard/illegitimate child, so I shouldn’t have been.

1 2 3 4
108
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x